Create Account

Team Ireland Season 68 Awards!
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 04:25 PM by SecondSucks22. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: mH3z832.png]
Hello one and All!
Welcome to the Season 68 Team Ireland Awards. These awards will encompass both our IIHF team and the players who contributed to our efforts on Team British Isles in the WJC
Before I get to announcing each individual winner and why they won (this season winners were selected by committee of the management staff, but going forward will be voted on by the team)
I would like to name each award and what they are for as this is our inaugural posting as-well.

First and foremost we have the Michael Gambon Leadership award. This award will be presented to the player OR user that we feel showcased what it means to be a leader both on
and off the ice. Who better to showcase what it means to be a leader than Dumbledore himself.

Next we have the Collin Farrell award for Most Improved Player. Lets be honest here people, Farrell has put out some amazing work over the course of his career, but his most recent
work has been some of his best, and that is why for the time being he will be our namesake for this award.

The Michael Collins Defencemen of the Year award is pretty self explanatory, so I would like to explain why we picked this man as the namesake. Michael Collins devoted his life to Ireland
and because of his efforts we have the free county of Ireland that we have today. He was selected to negotiate peace with the English after the War for Independence which lead to the Irish Free State.
The Irish Free State would go on to be what we now call the Republic of Ireland. This man was devoted to defending the Ireland he loved and did so well.

The Grace O'Malley Award for the Offensive player of the year. She was a Pirate Queen, do I need to say more. Nothing says Offence wins games like naming an award after one of the most
notorious women to sail the seas.

The Shay Given Award for top Irish Goalkeeper. Shay Given is without a doubt the undisputed best keeper in any sport to come out of our great Republic. With over 130 international games played
for his country Shay personifies what it means to be an Irish Keeper.

Last but not least we have the Paul "Bono" Hewson Award for team MVP. Lets be honest, when people think of Irish celebrity, Bono is not far off the tip of the tongue. With his countless charities, awards, and honours
Bono exemplifies what it means to be the Most Valuable Player.

With that, and without further ado, I present the S68 Team Ireland Awards!

The Michael Gambon Leadership Award: Adrian O'Rugg @Ruggsy
This one was the easiest to decide for us. Since taking over the Federation Ruggsy has been vital in helping @ItsFrenchie and I navigate trying to get the team to where it is. This team wouldnt be the same without him
and because of that the first Gambon Leadership Award goes to our dear friend Ruggsy.

The Collin Farrell Most Improved Player Award: Erik Bergmark @NYR73
After not making team Germany last season, ending up as a filler on team Finland, Erik transfered to Ireland as soon as the window opened to be able to continue playing with his SMJHL and SHL linemate Adrian O'rugg.
After making that transfer Erik showed us why he will be a staple on the team going forward puttting up 4 goals in the WJC and giving us a Game winning goal on our way to the semifinals and an almost medal for the young team.

Michael Collins Defenceman of the Year: Seamus O'Slapahan @Z0REM
Seamus defined what it means to be a defenceman this last tournament putting up some of the best defensive numbers on the team with the best GA/TA percentage on the team and one of the lowest 
GA/60 Seamus showed our rather young defensive core how to get it done, and certainly helped our young goalie stay in it some games in the IIHF

The Grace O'Malley Offensive Player of the Year: Anton Harrier @Thunfish
Averaging almost a point per game over the course of 12 games Anton did what he could to get the team wins throughout the tournament. 

The Shay Given Goaltender of the Year Award: Caleb Hayden @Caleb_H
This one is a no brainer. With an outstanding performance at both the IIHF AND WJC tournaments this season Caleb has more than earned this award and is sure to earn it many more times over the course
of his International career. As one of the stand out goalies of his class and a stand out person in our lockerroom, its only a matter of time before we regard this trophy as his by right.

Last but not least the Bono Award for team MVP: Ty Murphy @Pickle Juice
How can I say this any better than the Fed Head himself Frenchie "Ty just about  carried the team to contending for a playoff spot". With a glowing recommendation like that and no real good argument against it Ty becomes the first ever
recipient of the Bono award and a great example going forward.

Congrats to all of our award winners this season! Sláinte!

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Crazy to see where this team ended up. I signed up without a nation because I didnt wanna get locked into something. Little did I know that actually locked me up more because I could only try one nation instead of starting with one and potentially switching. Regardless I randomly hit up Fae and asked to join without knowing how transfers worked and here I am. 

Since then I’ve had a new player I wasn’t so sure would be on Ireland again, and seen Ireland almost fold multiple times. Compared to now where I see one of the most dedicated, active, and promising IIHF nations I’ve ever seen in my time here. Granted Its harder to see the communities of other IIHF nations, but I have a pretty damn good feeling im right about that.

THIS is what makes people truly care about IIHF 

Tiocfaidh ár lá

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

The future is bright, it's only a matter of time before we see Ireland take over the IIHF  Cool

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]