Create Account

S63 Skaters Analysis

Before this media actually starts I just want to point out I went through the effort of putting all these guys stats into a table in my Google docs only to realize that I couldn’t copy and paste my tables onto the site. It wasn’t hard work making the tables or taking these screenshots and posting them, but it was annoying work. Anyways, here’s my Season 63 draft class skater analysis. 

The Season 63 draft class always stood out because of how simply small it was. Only 35 players were drafted from the J that year, and only 20 skaters would wind up playing in the SHL. (Some of those 15 I’m not including in this media are goalies, but who cares about goalies, I don’t.)

Of the 20 skaters who made it to the big league, only 11 of them played last season (Season 68) and it’s likely that number could drop going into Season 69. 

It's a small draft class getting even smaller every season. 

In this media I’m really only going to focus on points because honestly, that’s all that matters and I’m not smart enough to analyze anything past that. I also was too lazy to figure out who was a forward and a defender so I’m just going to judge them all equally. Is that fair to defenders? 
Yes, maybe they should just score more. 

I’ll also not be looking at the TPE total of any skaters who did not play in Season 68, because if they weren’t high enough to get in, it really doesn’t matter what they’re at now, and it probably means they’re retired. 

Anyways here are all the skaters that have made it to the SHL from the Season 63 draft class, in order of their draft position.

1: Winnipeg Aurora - Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson (1543 TPE)
[Image: IMG_8097.png]
You couldn’t ask much more from a first overall pick, but everyone knew this was going to be the case. Lias was the clear number one pick the whole way through and it was even more obvious when the  Aurora traded up to get the pick. Lias has still yet to put up a point per game season yet but it’s hard to imagine that will stay the same with the direction they are heading in. 

2: Manhattan Rage - Bodhi Utah 
[Image: IMG_8099.png]
A disappointing second overall, Utah didn’t last long, hard to comment on a one season stint but it really wasn’t that bad putting up 31 points. Sad to see a pick that high do so little. 

4: Montreal Patriotes - Tim Riggins 
[Image: IMG_8100.png]
Riggins at 4 was always a bit strange to me, there were a lot of players I thought stood out much more in the J, and his seasons after the draft in the juniors kept giving me suspicion. I was sort of wrong though as he got called up early in 65 and put up fairly decent points. Riggins never really stuck however, and after Season 67 the question of his future got asked and he didn’t partake in 68.

5: Toronto North Stars - Ergo Nomic (461 TPE) 
[Image: IMG_8101.png]
Nomic got called up in Season 66 with most of his draft class, however he wouldn’t last long after not getting another shot in Season 67, his luck would turn around however going into last season as he’d be brought back. It is hard to imagine he lasts much longer though considering his extremely low TPE total, but there’s a chance that he may be kept as a depth option for some bottom standings teams. 

6: Philadelphia Forge - San-Sam Emerson (1530 TPE) 
[Image: IMG_8102.png]
Emerson has had a very solid stint, and is looking to keep that up going into Season 69. He’s near the top in TPE earned, and has put up a very respectable amount of points. Emerson is going to be around for a while and just like Lias, is still growing into their prime.  

7: San Francisco Pride - Rand Al'Thor (1195 TPE)[Image: IMG_8103.png]
Al’Thor was arguably one of the best offensive defensemen the Juniors ever saw. He has not kept up that insane production into the big boy league. His team isn’t that great but he’s still putting up very low numbers than what might’ve been expected after his stint in the SMJHL. 

8: Edmonton Blizzard - Valters Denisova (995 TPE) 
[Image: IMG_8104.png]
Denisova has been putting up better numbers than he probably should be with his TPE total, not even hitting 1000 applied yet, but it’s hard to argue that his production isn’t there. It’s hard to tell where his career is headed but it’s hard to see him dropping off completely if he gets a bit more TPE with his solid numbers at his low amount already. 

10: Minnesota Monarchs - Buck Keithley (964 TPE) [Image: IMG_8105.png]
Buck was the third pick of arguably one of the best trios in a single draft, with his Zerk teammates of Al’thor and Densiova which won the 4-star cup in 3 of their 4 seasons in the J. He’s kept up fairly good production but you might hope he applies more TPE and we could see what Buck could really do. 

11: New England Wolfpack - Ivan Lacksamus (1489 TPE) 
[Image: IMG_8106.png]
Lacksamus asked to not be drafted in the first round because there was a chance he went IA.
That didn’t happen. Lacksamus has been one of the best players in Season 63’s draft class and is only one of two players who’s ever had a point per game season from their class. Lacksamus very easily could become one of the best players in the SHL, and there was a chance he didn’t even make it out of the J if he went inactive. 

13: Toronto North Stars - Mrs. Mcsaves (763 TPE)
[Image: IMG_8107.png]
Mcsaves has had a quiet career so far, never putting up groundbreaking numbers but as a depth option for teams to have for cheap? She’s probably a solid option. Going from a winger in her first season down to defense is a bit of a leap, but she seemed to do it very nicely. 

14: Tampa Bay Barracuda - Lesgo Brandon (1123 TPE)
[Image: IMG_8108.png]
A controversial pick, both team and player had scrutiny on them going into the draft. Both seem to have tried to ignore the criticism and Brandon has actually played well, but seems to be regressing, but it could just be the team as a whole. It’s hard to say what direction he will be going since he has 1000+ TPE but could get stuck at his current pace. 

15: Buffalo Stampede - Chris McZehrl Jr. (921 TPE)
[Image: IMG_8109.png]
McZehrl has been better than expected, much like Denisova it could be argued he’s playing better than his TPE would suggest he would be. His trajectory purely depends on his earnings from now on. He could rise up as one of the best players in the class or could just fade with no more earning. 

16: Chicago Syndicate - Dave Heinrich (1216 TPE)
[Image: IMG_8110.png]
Heinrich flew under the radar in the draft, his whole J career, and I think he still is fairly underrated right now. Heinrich has been extremely consistent since getting called up, but hasn’t really gotten much better than his rookie season. I think it’s very likely that Heinrich puts up 70-80 points eventually but he hasn’t earned as much as some of the top leaders in the class so maybe not. 

I had the rest of the class here but each of the remaining players barely played and put up nothing impressive, instead of adding 4 more screenshots of one season each basically for each I’ll just give a quick shoutout to Bubba Tree, Alix Núñez, Brent Ashe II, and LaCarpetron DukeMarriot II. 

Now, wasn’t that such fun analysis by me. I want more money though so let’s look at career leaders in goals assists and points.
[Image: IMG_8111.png]
Lacksamus, Heinrich, and Lias are all fighting for the top spot in the draft class. I have a hard time seeing Heinrich keeping up with Lias and Lacksamus due to the TPE totals, but he might be able to. Denisova, Brandon, and Mczehrl are all fairly equal in the 4th-6th best of the class. 

Lacksamus seems like he’s on the best track and I’d think he has the potential to be by far the best player in the class, and the only one who could probably keep him company is Lias. 

San-Sam Emerson is also a good shout but the fact he’s a defender means I don’t care and he sucks because he doesn’t put up points (loser) 

Overall the 63 class is fairly weak but that’s almost all due to the lack of players. There’s just not enough for it to be considered a good class and those left, a lot of them are pretty low in the TPE range. Only two players are above 1500 TPE 

Ok I’m done now get outta here.

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]

Vic too stupid to realize I led dmen in goals last season.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

01-24-2023, 06:05 AMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: Vic too stupid to realize I led dmen in goals last season.
You’re too stupid to realize you suck smh

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

01-24-2023, 09:04 AMCampinKiller Wrote:
01-24-2023, 06:05 AMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: Vic too stupid to realize I led dmen in goals last season.
You’re too stupid to realize you suck smh
Roll tide?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

maybe get more than 35 points in a season and I’ll actually care tbh

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]