Create Account

Dusty Wilson Draft day

Well Dusty's rookie season came to an end and could it have been better? As always you expect more out of players with plenty of potential and Dusty has that. He just needs to figure It out and learn how to bring It out of himself. For now Draft day was calling his name and he was being mentioned everywhere just as other Kelowna Knights players were. So let's start us off On a day where Dusty can be seen on his hotel bed watching the TV

**Beginning of transcript**

-Dusty can be seen laying back on the bed just sipping on some water watching the TV as Draft day talks and rumors are being discussed on the TV- "So Tom we've discussed some top prospects that are at the top of the draft and know the relations some of these players already have towards the GM's Of course In Kelowna You can't forget Petr Vrána I mean the Kid Is just elite of this draft class so we know he's going at the top. Let's discuss Dusty Wilson, I mean for me nothing pops off the paper." -Dusty huffs- "Of course you don't you have to watch me play!" -Dusty keeps watching the TV- "Well Chris as you know you have to watch the game and film on this kid." Dusty reacts by raising his arms, "thank you! Someone that understands." "When you watch the film you see the potential I mean I think we all know the story this kids first sport wasn't hockey and yet here he Is. Doing It and I think that needs to be considered as he has adapted pretty quickly In the league."
"Now Tom we both know Rikaad Metzller Is right there by his side and maybe the better prospect right?" Chris can be seen chuckling, "You can't compare the two, I think they complimented each other well this past season." Tom puts his hands up, "If you call a losing season a complimenting each other type of season be my guest." Chris answers back quickly, "Hey were not talking about the team as a whole were talking about these 2 guys and they have been developing well as defenseman. Give Dusty time and he'll find his way." Tom nods, "I can accept that, so where do you think these Kelowna Knights fall?"

Chris thinks, "Well to be fair Petr Vrána is going before anyone else on their roster, just super talented there. I believe If you take Dusty you know you're getting a raw prospect that he'll either work out awesome or be a big bust. I personally think Rikaad has the bigger upside, we'll just have to see how the GM's think and how talks goes with these squads. Now getting down more the list of kelowna we've got some less known prospects...."

-Tv fades off in Dusty's mind as his new agent calls- "Hello?" "Was up kid are you ready?" Dusty confused, "Ready for what man?" "Well we have to get you up there for pictures as they want them for draft time having pictures of all of you guys together. Hell even interviews kid." Dusty rubs his face and answers, "You're telling me this just now?" "I actually told you yesterday, but I suppose you wanted to just go to bed, and hearing your voice you still sound tired haha. Regardless man I'll be there to pick you up In just a moment." "Sounds Good man, just text me and I'll get dressed." "got It be there in a few man." -phone call ends-
-Dusty proceeds to get his hotel room picked up and finds some clean clothes, sets them to the side as he decides to take a quick shower- -after 30 minutes his agent sends the text, "Hey I'm outside, let me guess you decided to shower last second?" Dusty chuckles, and sends text back, "You've only been my new agent for literally a few weeks and you know me so well." -Dusty locks his hotel door and takes the elevator down and sees his agents car- "love the car man." "Appreciate It, just bought It as I'd figure I'd be getting some of that sweet money you going to be getting soon." Dusty laughs, "Of course have to get you your cut right?"
He nods, "Straight up need that money man, but remember your best interests are always in my mind first. So did you have any team you want to play for by the way?" Dusty immediately answers, "Texas Renegades!" "Whoa kid guess I could of guessed that haha. So have you had any talks with them?" Dusty answers back, "Yeah a lot of teams discussed with me, but Texas was the best one." His agent looks in the mirror, "Well hey man keep your options open even though Texas may have loved your talks as well If they see a prospect on that board they love more. You might be out of luck kid." Dusty waves him off, "Well I have high hopes they will take me though." "Well hope those hopes don't get dropped hard, so you ever flew before? haha"
-the drive continues and they arrive at the Kelowna airport. -They take their tickets and get on the plane- "So Tyus where are we going by the way?" "You didn't look at your ticket? Weird, alright then well this plane here Is taking us to the draft center of the SHL where the Draft will take place!" Dusty nods, "Let's go baby, you got my suit right?" Tyus chuckles, "you already know baby!" -They dap each other up and sit back and enjoy the flight-

-They touch down In the area of SHL Draft center and get off their flight as they head to get a rent a car- "So are they going to feed us there?" Tyus laughs, "of course Dusty I know you're probably hungry so we'll stop by and get a quick breakfast." "Awesome." -They stop for a quick breakfast and eventually make It to the venue where guys can be seen taking pictures already- "Are we late Tyus?" "Nah were right on time, they just asked everybody to come earlier, but I didn't feel the need as were here when we arrive." "Fair enough I suppose." -They walk in to the check in desk- a woman speaks, "Hey guys, who would you be here to represent today?" "Yes ma'am I'm Dusty Wilson's Agent and were here for the pre draft pictures." "Oh awesome guys, I think they were worried you guys wouldn't show up actually, but glad you're here. Just go ahead and sign here both of you and we'll get you your picture taker soon!" "Sounds great, alright Dusty go ahead and sign man and we'll get taken care of soon." -As Dusty's signing he ask, "Why would they assume we would be late?" Tyus laughs a little, Wipes his chin a little, "Well you know Dusty I've been pretty experienced with guys and let's just say most of my other guys who let me be their agent didn't turn out well and I was always late with them." -He wipes his neck as he says this too- "Understood, well glad I'm here to change the narrative." Tyus fist bumps him, "let's change It then baby."

-the whole time the pre draft pictures just consisted of them asking each player trying on different gear from each team or just holding different hats of the teams they could fall to or even their hometowns hat. Dusty of course got one with the Texas hat.- -So after pictures they got with everyone together before the draft, so they'd had the underrated guys get together the top guys together and the late gems picture as SHL loves to hype everyone up regardless where they go in the draft-

They then have announcement for us, "Hey guys so we have a hotel that's going to be right next door we'll be handing you guys your keys to the rooms as you leave please do not forget them, unless you have a better room, which we'd believe there Isn't anything better than being right next door."

-So Tyus and Dusty go ahead and grab the key to the room and drive over as they get VIP parking and head to their room and It's even better than they could of imagined- There Is a basically living room and 2 separate rooms for each Tyus and Dusty- "Dude what the hell man?" Tyus chuckles, "Were here huh?" -They enjoy their room for a while, but once night time hits so does their hunger- "Where should we eat man?" Tyus thinks, "Well lets our valet decide for us yeah?" "Our valet?" -They walk out and find a person waiting on them to bring them to the restaurant they suggest- -They get seated In a really nice restaurant as they get VIP seats here as well. "Courtesy of the SHL your meals will be paid for tonight." Tyus and Dusty both chuckle, "This Is nuts!" Tyus laughs, "Were really here huh?" -They enjoy their meal and head home as they are driven home- As Dusty and Tyus look around the place one last time before they go to bed. "you ready for the Draft Dusty?" "You already know baby!" -They hug before going to bed-

-It's the next day and the SHL hype Is at It's peak- -The Hotel managers have told players that If they wish to avoid paparazzi Breakfast will be brought to their rooms, but Dusty wanted the attention- -Dusty walks down into the seating area and media can be seen scrambling and waiting to ask questions Dusty gets his food and eats a bit before finally inviting an interviewer over- "What's the question man?" "Well Dusty It's nice to meet you." "You too man, now what's the question haha?" "right sorry super nervous." "don't worry man I'm nervous too, just take your time." "Okay **breathes** So Dusty you're a small town kid and making It to this stage what does that mean to you?" "It means everything you know I wanted to play hockey and Football. I just wasn't talented at this sports and basketball just didn't have the height. So Hockey just worked as I was a team player and just found what worked for me." "Awesome man and did you have an idea of who you want to play for?" "Well Texas I'd love, but whoever drafts me Is clearly the team who wants me so I'm ready to continue my career wherever they feel I should go." "That sounds great Dusty those I think are the main question anyone wants to know as I leave the rest to those on draft time." "Hey thank you man hope you enjoy your day brother!" "You too Dusty good luck at the Draft!"

-Dusty continued eating his breakfast and eventually went back up to the room as the Media continued to try and chat with him but he posed for a few pictures- Tyus sees Dusty walk into the room "Well how was It?" "I loved It man, they wouldn't leave us guys alone down there, but I actually let a guy interview me." Tyus smiles, "good on you man, was he a young kid?" "Sure was and I knew he was just trying his best to get anything he could." "Good on you Dusty now let's go ahead and get dressed as they want us to be ready and make sure we get to our seats as they don't want anyone to take them."
"Got It man."

-Most of the day consisted of Tyus making calls to make sure we have our seats ready and that the SHL knows were coming and what car we'll be In, just security Questions-

Tyus walks over to Dusty who's all dressed up, "Kid you look good man, you ready though?" "I'm Ready man." -They take the walk over to the SHL Draft center as Media can be seen screaming taking pictures as others walk on the red carpet, other guys can be seen being interviewed- -Dusty overhears somebodys question- "I think I'll be great with whoever gets me!" -The media person immediately hushes as he realized Dusty heard him-

-Everyone gets seated In the draft and some continue to pour In as the lights are shining bright In the place and murmuring can be heard everywhere and you can see the coach's down at the bottom and all their staff just talking and setting their tables up-

-Then the Commissioner WannabeFinn Steps up to the podium- "Welcome all to the SHL draft, where we will see peoples dreams come true on their goal on making It to the SHL. They put In the work through their lives and showed their skills in the SMJHL. Now without further ado The Minnesota Pride are now on the clock-
-The crowd cheers and everyone awaits their pick as they will most likely take up the whole time-

As the commissioner welcomes on the staff of Minnesota onto the stage they all line up as their GM steps up to make the pick
The Minnesota Monarchs are proud to select Luca Pane RW from STL!

-The crowd erupts as we Luca begin to walk down to the stage and shake hands with them- Dusty says, "Great pick man, I don't expect to go anywhere In the top really so I don't mind."

The picks would come off the board one after the other even Dusty's teammate Petr Vrána as he'd be drafted 5th overall by Winnipeg. The Draft continued till the 14th overall pick the Texas Renegades would be up next and begin to make their pick.
We the Texas Renegades are proud to select Tiberius Kane LW from GFG!

Dusty puts his hands in his face, "This can't be happening." Tyus pats him on the back, "It's okay man just be patient." "I can't believe they didn't take me."

-Then a trade Is announced as Atlanta reportedly does a trade with Texas- Texas now has the 15th overall pick- Tyus looks at Dusty, "See they are definitely trading for you!" Dusty cheers up a little as they wait to see who Texas selects this time

With the 15th Overall pick we are proud to select Jack McCarthy LD from REG! -Dusty punches his seat as other people stare at him-
Tyus holds Dusty, "Hey man calm down It's okay. If they wanted you they would of picked you there. Just let's just wait man, there's plenty of other teams that will want you."

-Dusty and Tyus await to see these next picks as this about where they expected Dusty to fall If Texas didn't take him-

San Francisco Pride with the 17th Overall Pick are proud to select Dusty Wilson LD from KEL! Dusty and Tyus jump up as they celebrate and hug "you've made It kid!" "I made It!!!!" -Dusty walks up to the stage as people clap for him and he makes sure his suit is looking good- -He shakes hands with the GM and Is handed his jersey with the name Wilson on the back- Caleb asks, "Are you ready kid?" "You know I am, Time to prove these guys wrong."

-Dusty begins walking to the back as they have media ready to ask him questions- -Dusty takes his seat as Media already have their mics up to his face and ask, "Dusty you're now officially drafted how does It feel?" "I mean Im ecstatic really, I couldn't be happier to be here In San Francisco and be a member of the pride. I know this team Is going to be great for me as I develop and can hopefully contribute." "Do you think you'll play down another season?" "I mean I feel like I will, but just have to wait and see till I sit down with my agent and the team to discuss things."

-Dusty leaves the media room and thanks all of them for the fun questions- they get him In a room with the Pride as they get ready to discuss what to do- "Well Dusty were super happy to have you here with the team and are just ready to get contract out the way so were offering you a 3M entry level contract." "Awesome man so Is that playing first year or back down in the SMJHL?" "Well we would love for him to be here this year, but we think him going back down would be best as we want him to develop a little more, so he will be back In kelowna This year." Tyus looks over at Dusty, "You okay with that?" "Absolutely man, I don't mind I love this organization and what they do, so I'm just focused on getting better whether Its here in the SHL or in the SMJHL." The Pride staff love this answer and say, "Well were glad you're on the same page, so we'll go ahead and get you guys to sign and we'll watch as you develop In Kelowna Dusty." -They all shake hands and Tyus and Dusty sign the Contract-

-Dusty and Tyus leave out as they get back to their hotel to grab their stuff, they leave the hotel and get back to the airport to fly back to Kelowna- -As Dusty and Tyus are on the plan they just laugh- "I'm an SHL player Tyus." Tyus smiles, "I know man, but not yet gotta work and work hard In Kelowna. Let's show the Pride how you win." -They dap up and fall asleep on the flight home-

-When Dusty and Tyus got home, they went to his hotel to find out someone had taken his room- Dusty was pissed, and was complaining to the front office, who didn't know what to do. They were just told to take his stuff out of there and they gave It to a man In a suit- "You gave my stuff to some person In a suit, y'all are wack man. Do you know where I need to find this person?" -They hand him a paper with an address- "alright Tyus drive me to this place please." Tyus drives to the destination and they see It's an apartment." Dusty's like "Oh don't tell me a person from an apartment just stole my stuff." -They go to the room that was on with the address on the paper and knock." It's the head coach Art, "We figured since you were going to be back with us we thought we could give you your own place for once and decorate It up." Dusty was In awe of It all really, "Are you serious?" "Were serious." Dusty just hugs them and Tyus says, "I just couldn't say anything and had to let you figure It out." Dusty hugs him too, "You were in on this man, you're crazy." "Gotta be a little If you want to make It right?" -They all chuckle as Dusty's draft day has come to a close and his adventure for the SHL continues-

**End of Transcript**

Well Dusty has been drafted to the SHL, who would of thought a small town kid makes It Big. It's like a movie really right? well Dusty Is ready to perform as many expect him to make a jump as a player for this team and really perform this season to hopefully be making his way to the roster of the San Francisco Pride. Till next time folks keep your eye out on Dusty Wilson the LD!

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]

Wouldve been my go-to if I was a GM

[Image: retu2.png][Image: iihf1.png?ex=65bcbcc0&is=65aa47c0&hm=800...d5443e8a9&]

!rollpride

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Great piece!

!rollpride

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Great media! Texas wanted you but things didn't quite plan out. Foolish of us think you would drop any lower.

You'll have an amazing career with The Pride. Good luck brother.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Nice write up man!

No hard feeling I hope, so much good prospects made it hard to predict the draft.

Still wish you the best!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]