Create Account

S69 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview

[Image: magazine.png]

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

It's hard to say just how successful Nevada will be this season. On the heels of a pretty decent last few seasons, the Battleborn turn to rookie goaltender Luka Nogoalov to keep the pucks out of the net, His success is crucial to the team's success. Backup goaltender Dr. Hugh Orson will be tasked to pick up the slack if the rookie cannot. The second important player for the team will be reigning Most Valuable Player Alexi Piastri. Although another 60 goal season would be lovely, but may not be necessary with the strength of the team. The last player who will be integral to the Nevada Battleborn's success this season is defenseman Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk. Look for him to take a step forward as one of the best defenseman in the SMJHL with an increase in offense and a continue domination on the defensive side. As long as he plays to his potential, it will make things easier on Nogoalov.

It's hard to look at the season ahead of us and think we are gonna do well. We are a young team, the youngest team in the league I believe. Considering that I don't think we did too bad in the pre-season. Ryan Burton, our goalie was phenomenal. We we needed a stop he was there. Easily the best player on the team. Shea O'Connall is gonna be key part of our defense and offense even. Second to Edvin Kalberg in block shots and most shots on net on the whole team. You can just tell they'll be a key part of the team this year. Andrei Nikitin will be valuable forward for us this year I think, generating turn overs and point is always great but they also sacrifice the body to block shots. All in all I think the whole group is gonna be key, We may not be expected to go anywhere this season but I think the league will be surprised.  

Malamutes

there are many players who will be key to the sucess of teh armada this season. some of tehm are new and some are old having been around the team for a few years now and hoping to get over the hump.

player 1: Gnabe Dabson - this is me. clearly the most impactful player on hte team since no one elese will look like a twig and dab on fools all over the ice. hopefully this starts to take hold of others on the team and they can go out and dab all over fools

player 2: Sebastien Regazzoni - this dude is going to be teh captain and hopefully he can do something becuase of that. i dont have high hopes but who fucking knows with this guy. maybe this will be a good call but likely it wont

player 3: August Von Hecht - THIS IS our goalie so clearly going to be a big key player this year. if he plays well we should be able to perform well aginst most if not all teams.

I don't really expect the kids on Kelowna to do much outside of Wisconsin. At least based on pre-season. However, it looks like plenty of other offensive players on the team are starting to hit their stride going into the season. Valieva, Liebold, and Hammer are all three really solid players already. Combine that with Wisconsin's nose for goal and we have the points getters for a solid showing on the season. The problem here wouldn't just be keeping them out of the net, having a rookie goalie is a problem every time you have one out there, but it's also about making sure that the puck does get onto the right sticks. There's only actually a single natural center on the team, which might cause some issues on faceoffs. Really, they might have to go on a strategy of just planning on losing faceoffs and practice getting in front of the net in the defensive end or fighting quickly to get the puck back in the offensive zone.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

ISFL Affiliate
username is FTR there

RIP Mac & 701

Preseason actually went pretty well in Kelowna! The last few years haven't been overly kind to us, but the morale in the locker room is high and the general consensus is that we've got a real shot at the title this year. Picking our number one impact player from the pre season was tough, but I have to give the nod to our goalie, Sea Jebus. 5-1, with a 2.28 goals against average and a .901 save percentage. Our two top scorers were Jacques Hammer and Ekaterina Valieva. Hammer is going into his fourth and final SMJHL season so look for him to be counted on heavily offensively. Valieva is heading into their third season, so look for a breakout there. The biggest thing was the spread out production throughout the lineup. Mito Chondria had SEVEN goals, and they're on the third line! Rookie Wilhelm von Hindenburg had five points, and is also on the third line. Just some solid contribution from everyone on the team, and the Knights look ready to rock in S69.

The Newfoundland Berserkers are going into season 69 with a very simple plan: be better than last season. And especially better than the season before that. Honestly, let's forget about S67, that one never happened. They want to get back to their old successful selves. The focus this season lies mostly on the team's veteran players going into their third or fourth season in the J. Winger Matiss Ozolinsh who led the team in goals last season will play a major role again and should be able to improve Newfoundland's offense together with his linemates. At the same time veteran defender Rasmus Bergling, one of the S67 players on the team, will hopefully have a better season as well. Going into his third season in the J is our third key player - goalie Tummy Hurts. Let's hope his tummy won't hurt too much this season and that he can bring the team more wins than losses. Veteran players, supported by a few hungry rookies, should bring some positive results.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

[Image: 43E64C70-C094-4606-8FD8-5AF7FCB17A00.png]

The Carolina Kraken, just like every year, are the best team in the world. The Kraken consistently lead the team in attractiveness, overall swag, and are generally better and cooler than every other team in the league. Everybody knows that Kyle Murray is probably gonna lead the league in scoring and it really isn't gonna be close. During the preseason (which the Kraken went 7-0 in, don't fact check it just trust me bro) Kyle Murray probably had 8 goals and 5 assists, that sounds about right. Adam Prpich is the number one center who is also gonna lead the league in scoring (This league is about fun you can never have too many winners) with his rugged good looks and high class odor scaring away defensemen. I heard rumors that general manager Sve7en is gonna hop on the ice during the playoffs and just start beating up the other team with his Muscles so watch out for that. Rookie PHENOMENON  Curious Betsy is also poised to lead the league in scoring through sheer willpower and desire to outscore Kyle Murray

[Image: ibEbfef.png]

[Image: gurbs.gif]

If the Colorado Raptors are to have success this season I think they will need the entire team to really step up, the SMJHL is no joke and every point is going to count. You really can't take a single night off if you want to go all the way. I think in particular some of the new faces will have to really step up and prove that they can produce on the big stage. James Ward-Prouse and Robin Nyckel are two names that will have to really produce on their respective sides of the ice. Ward-Prouse has a lot of talent and with a good start to the season to give him some confidence the Raptors will be in good shape. Nyckel has proven that he is a defensive asset in less competitive leagues, something that is always in high demand. Finally, Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz. A goalie is always going to be important to success.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

The Quebec City Citadelles went 7-1 this year in the preseason. My team put up an incredible fight during every game, and our forces were only outnumbered by one team. The fact is, the Citadelles don't give up. Elena was always there to keep the team positive during the loss. We had come so far and yet we had felt defeated during our singular lost battle. However, Elena kept us motivated, which in the end, benefited our chances of winning in the future. Jack was an incredible Center who contributed so much to the team. He allowed us to have our own time with the puck, and maybe even scored a few goals here and there. Finally, Lance was a true fighter. The star right wing had scored many goals for us and is pushing for a brighter future in Quebec.

I love this team, and know it will succeed in it's future endeavors, as long as we all stay together.

[Image: justheretoleave.gif]
sigs by @sulovilen, 'you belong in' sticker by @sve7en
[Image: VGl3CB4.png][Image: DpCJiuF.png]
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner