Create Account

S69 SMJHL mPT #2 - Party Time

The SMJHL is throwing a party and your team has the privilege of being the band. 
Written: who on your team would play what instruments, what kind of music you would play, what your band would be named, and how you think the night would go.
Graphic: Create a graphic showing your player/team playing instruments or posing as a band.
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Only S69 SMJHL Rookies (S70 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, January 29th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Starting off Chevy is the lead singer for sure, and Erik is on base. I will be on the drums and we'd all be back dancers for Chevy Smile

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)

The night would be an utter disaster, but an incredibly fun disaster. Even though I can play guitar, keys, and drums, I would be on the tuba, my instrumental alma mater, if you will. Of course, no band is complete without their scantily-clad frontman, which would belong none other than to one of the Raptors' fearful leaders, @Ruggsy. To back him up vocally, we grouped together the travelling ensemble of rookies: @apollorion, @Henrik, and myself (Yes, I played tuba and sang). On bass, setting down the foundation of our sensational sound was @Aneeqs. Shredding on the electric guitar was @jay2233. On drums was @ezpass1five. And that was our group. What a memorable night for us and a horrible night for those with ears.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

We only play real music here in Regina for our parties. That's right, we're in a ska band here. Willow is on the trombone, Alexis is on drums, and the managers Blake and the teams mascot are both skanking while singing.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

I think we would all do an acapella band. However instead of just singing, we will all bark like a dog. We will assign notes to different players and create a beautiful song of dogs. We will be known as the subwoofers! The night will be amazing, we will be cheered and applauded for our amazing performance. After everything we will all jump and high five.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2023, 06:02 AM by dankoa. Edited 1 time in total.)

I could see Isak Sogard playing the bass guitar because he's a big guy with a great sense of rhythm, Tibuk Soonika would be on lead guitar because he's got the most personality, Wilhelm von Hindenburg II could play a mean drum solo and I would see Jacques Hammer as a great lead singer. The genre would probably be a bit of a mix, some kind of rock based stuff though I guess

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

With Wednesday Addams on lead vocals it would definitely be a moody almost emo band. On bass guitar would be Jeff Lewis, LeBron James would be on lead guitar and Noah Charlevoix would be on drums. Various other team members would take part in backing vocals and other instruments for some of the songs. The band name would be an ode to the team and simply be called The Pod.

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png]

You best believe the Malamutes pulled off the best damn polka party concert the worlds ever seen Rocking out with the acoustic guitar is none other than Fluw, then backing him up on the electric base we’ve got the great Big Newff! On the back end banging on the drums we’ve got Novanod and Mpoleon, but it wouldn’t be a polka party without one thing, sorry, make that 2 things! Josh and Eggcracker blow everyone away with dueling accordion solos. And in front of all the noise we’ve got the star, the one, the only, on the mic for your enjoyment is BadWolf!

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar

Please put your hands together for the Yukon Malamutes!! A mishmash of players and instruments, as confusing as it sounds and looks, it somehow works!

Here is the starting line up:
Lead vocal (throat singing) - Fluw
Secondary vocal (harmony throat singing) - Big Newff
Trumpet - Sydney Shaw
Ukulele - Sven Petterson
Attempting to play the Flute - Don Aven
Barely playing the lead guitar - Josh Lateille
Steel drums - Ray Alexander
LEAD Cowbell - Alvin Wong
Cowbell - Julia Waffles
Cowbell - Clint Clampton
Cowbell - Happy Gilmore
Cowbell - Dan Geer
Cowbell - Andrei Nikitin
Cowbell - Edvin Kalberg
Cowbell - Joel Farfalle
Cowbell - Joel Eriksson
Cowbell - Shea O'Connall

The reaction would at first would be pure confusion, anger, and rage. But as the smooth rhythms of the sweet sultry cowbell fill the air the party would become "lit" as the kids would say. Good times all round.

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Nathan Cormier is the musician of our team so obviously he would play all the instruments. For live performances, the rest of the team would awkwardly pretend to be playing instruments while a playback of Nathan's masterful renditions of his songs played in the background. It would get especially ridiculous when Elena Maximova would pretend to be on vocals when it would in fact be Cormier's velvety voice playing.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

The Kelowna Knights could partake in large band playing hard rock. With every Kelowna knights player being assigned a suit of armour to wear I think the optics of playing anything other than a hard rock sound would be sacrilege.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Reno would be the trombone player, Blake would be saxophone, gecko would be e, jurt would be the singer and I would play the trumpet. It's what Louis Armstrong would've wanted.

My band would be named the "Unsigned Nomads" and we would play music with the wonderful sounds of the waiver wire and the howling of the winds in our empty, hockeyless lives

The people hosting us as the band would not want us back after we’re done. The music we would make would definitely be a solid B-, but the destruction we would bring down with us would be bad. We would all probably get drunk, drinks supplied by Sparky, make some good music, and smash some stuff.

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2023, 12:32 AM by TheNextGreatOne.)

I don't know who would be playing what instruments, but I do know we would probably have at least Skoomina Hulk a Votto III, Gunnar Söderberg, Ace Lightning & Myself. But there's one thing that would be guaranteed, it'd be an Olivia Rodrigo cover band.

[45 words]

RIP Mac & 701