Create Account

S69 PT #1: Surplus January 29th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

The Manhattan Rage are not too surprised by having a surplus of income after two straight finals game 7 appearances. However, after two straight appearances and zero wins in a game 7 finals series, it's obvious that they just ran out of gas to finish the job, which makes the decision on what to spend the surplus on pretty easy: hyperbolic recovery chambers for the entire team. The team will experience full recovery after every game and take the ice every night like a fresh squad of T-1000s ready to take over the league. We'll reach the point where getting to the finals is no longer a welcome surprise, and instead be more of an expectation. Game 7s will be a thing of the past, as a fresh Rage squad will come out every night energized while other teams are starting to fade. Watch for Lev Lebedev to break all the records that he set and for the Rage to finally lift the cup.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

A teams locker room and facilities have one purpose, and one purpose only: to get the absolute most out of each and every player and help them maximize their potential. In order to do that, you need to provide your players with an enviroment that they are both comfortable in and get challenged by, which can be a delicate balance to strike. You need state of the art facilities and amenities while not becoming to luxurious and indulgent, you need to provide your players with all kinds of different things they can do to try and find those few extra percentage points, without overwhelming them with options or them getting lost in dead ends and overthinking everything instead of focusing on the fundamentals that count the most at the end of the day. To do that, I think we should invest greatly into training and medical facilities off the ice to improve fitness and recovery while also proving extensive psychological assistance both to enhance players mental performance and to ensure their mental health is taking care of.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT: The first improvement made with the new money is to add a changing room between the locker room and the showers. In this room, players will be able to change from their game undershirt to their regular and do the same thing the other way around. It will mean they won’t have to way for the media to leave the room before they can actually remove their clothing to go take their shower. The next change will to give our equipment manager a significant budget for him to spend on everything he needs in terms of getting better equipment, improve our storage facilities and get better gear for when we pack the players equipment to go on the road. Another thing that would be improved is the players eating area. We will redo the entire area to give the player more space and redo the whole kitchen are to improve the team chef’s ability to make better and more diverse meals more efficiently.

163 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Hockey Prompt:

As a Leafs fan, I have a hate/hate relationship with the salary cap. Obviously if there was no cap, a team like Toronto could spend as much as they wanted to get as many great players as they can. They have the financial capabilities that most teams don't so it would be a huge competitive advantage.

Having said that, I can see how that's not something the league wants. I think a cap is important to have, but I do wish the hard cap was replaced with a luxury tax system or something else that lets you go over the cap with some kind of detriment. There are a few ideas out there, like having one player not count against the cap or a luxury tax system, but I'm not sure the impact that each would have on the league. I'm hopeful they are at least researching different ways to adjust the current system. As much as it would be an advantage for Toronto without a cap, it's also not ideal that they put in a ton of work to be worth so much and not be able to use it in some way. I don't know the solution to be honest, but I'm sure there is something out there that can work for most teams.

(217 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

PBE Affiliate

Code:
Written Task: What upgrades and changes do you make to your team's locker room, lounge, fitness room, parking garage, whatever! Use your 3 million wisely in order to make the best facilities possible for your teammates. Are you upgrading to some fancy new future tech? Is there something old and rotten that you need to replace? Are you mad that your parking spot is too far from the ice surface? Talk about what you're changing and why! (150+ words)

Ryuuji Kawashima has only recently joined the Edmonton Blizzard, so he might not be the most entitled to call out anything about the facilities which might need a replacement. However since joining the team, there have been one or two things which have just bothered Kawashima. The first is the coffee machine in the locker room. Listen, Kawashima is not a big coffee snob, however this machine is either, broken 50% of the time or makes the most watered down coffee ever. So the first purchase would be a new fancy ass coffee machine, one that has all the options to make differnt kinds of coffee.

The second upgrade would be the massage room. After a tense game it is gone to be able to unwind a bit with a cheeky massage. However, the current massage room, which doubles a storage closet, just lacks the proper equipment. There are no massage tables, you just lay on the ground on some pillows, the masseuse.. is not even a person its just a goat that walks over your back. So Kawashima will be creating a proper massage room, with proper tables and replace the goat with a proper masseuse.

[197 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

PT PASS - simmer

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Miguel is spending $100k on the team and buying a mansion with the rest. That's ok, right? In all seriousness Miguel would put his money into a state of the art fitness and recovery center for the Aurora. Miguel has always been a fitness aficionado and he loves his free weights so there would be a first class weight room as part of it. Miguel loves to swim and its a great way to stay in shape so an Olympic sized swimming pool would be available for the players to keep their cardio up in. Plus have you seen what swimmers look like? Who doesn't want nice abs? For recovery, a nice sauna would be part of it to help those sore muscles relax. Finally, one thing that is overlooked for recovery is making sure you get plenty of sleep so some nice dark and quiet napping rooms would be available for the players to get a quick nap in between practices. After this, Miguel may never go home!
171 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

[Image: Ks2GRlj.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Creative Prompt

We introduce our new arena last season : The La Salle Arena.
When you start something new, you think you have thought about everything, but after one season of operation, we can already know that there are still some modifications that can be made to make our life/job easier and those of the fan too. That 3 million will come in handy since we have a couple of things to do.
For the fans, we will move some stands to help with the circulation during the intermissions. We also add a special place where some of them will be able to see the players coming out of the locker room through a glass.
About the players, we wanted to add to add a place where the francophone will be able to teach french to their teammates. The Euro can also use the room for the same purpose, so that way every member of the team will know more about the culture of their teammates.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Hockey Prompt

It is that time again where I write a novel about an unpopular NHL opinion I will die on the hill defending. The NHL salary cap needs to be at least softened if not outright abolished. I'm old enough to remember the owners telling fans that with no salary cap ticket prices would go up...and then they went up anyway. All the current cap does is punish teams that are well-operated and reward utter incompetence. Tampa Bay hasn't signed any marquee free agents during their reign of terror for example (arguably, their best FA signing in that time was undrafted FA Yanni Gourde), that team was built entirely through drafting and trades. Same goes for Colorado, whose best FA pickup on their Cup team was a buy-low move for Valeri Nichushkin. It's also totally eradicated the middle class of NHL salary, guys either get massive contracts (often overpayments due to a lack of genuinely good free agents) or are on ELCs/prove-it deals, there is no in-between. And with how random the playoffs already are (reminder that the Red Wings followed up their straight up Yankeesing of the league in 2002 by getting swept in round 1 in 2003 and getting shut out back to back in vital games in the 2004 second round, getting bounced by Calgary), there's already plenty of parity there (and lackadaisical hands-off playoff officiating is in and of itself a form of artificial parity, as less talented teams tend to get away with more dirty tricks to slow down better, more skilled teams).

We already have a very powerful feedback loop in the form of the draft. If you're unable to curate an environment where players you draft want to stick around, that's on you. We live in a world where Cristiano goddamn Ronaldo was nearly convinced to go play in KANSAS CITY if not for a fat paycheck from the Middle East. There is no excuse. While the game of hockey is arguably the best it's ever been, I would argue that the salary cap is holding things back.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

So $3M sounds like a lot but, in reality, it isn't when talking about Arena improvements. Patrice Bergeron has decided to go above and beyond what his teammates expect from him.

Step 1 is to build an Ice Hockey Laser Tag arena inside the locker room so all team members can get conditioned during the season and work on hand-eye coordination. How would Ice Hockey have to do with laser tag you might ask? Well, let Patrice tell you himself. "When skating on our state-of-the-art Ice Hockey Laser Tag arena my teammates and I will be focusing on blasting each other with lasers while skating and improving our footwork so we can destroy our opponents and win another Four-Star Cup for Maine."

Then we will invest all the remaining money in upgrading our management's area. They are what makes this team run, so to show them our gratitude, we will upgrade their area with fancy new gaming computers that can run FHM8 with no lag along with upgrades to the intercom system that runs between management and the Locker Room.

This is Patrice Bergeron, and I approve of this message.

Code:
190 Words

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

News Reporter: After getting $3 Million from the city the Manhattan Rage hockey team is looking to renovate the stadium before the upcoming season, our reporter John Franklin has the story.

Sports Reporter: Player Greg Davies was selected as the eye of the team so we went directly to him to see what the team has in mind for improving the stadium over the next few months.

Greg Davies: Yeah we came to the conclusion that $1 Million should be spent on 3 separate things, Fans, the team, and opposing teams.

Sports Reporter: What improvements are going where if you don't mind me asking?

Greg Davies: For the fans, we are improving suites and arena seats, for our team we are adding a new sports nutrition kitchen and chiropractor office, and for the opposing teams we will be renovating their locker rooms because we think if we give good out we might get good back!

Sports Reporter: I'm told by ownership that all the renovations should be completed pretty quickly and the team will not need to leave the arena for the season while renovations are done.

News Reporter: Thanks John, the Rage look forward to welcoming fans, players, and opposing teams to the renovated arena next season.

Code:
208 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread