Create Account

S69 PT #1: Surplus January 29th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 03:58 PM by downer. Edited 1 time in total.)

Create Task - Written Prompt:
The funds would go immediately towards team health and recovery efforts. This would include new facilities to augment the locker room, new facilities for the medical staff, new technology throughout in order to help facilitate better and faster healing. This would also include funding for mental and emotional health professionals to be on retainer for the team and staff in order to help support them with both their on and off ice needs. Some of things that might be included: a new sauna room for the team to utilize after games and practices, on-site motion capture capability to better assess opportunities with a players skating or stick-handling, and a players lounge that would include things to help the team unwind after the hours of effort that they put in on the ice. The mental and emotional health services would be on a constant retainer for the team and staff to be utilized in any way they see fit.

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Creative Prompt:

When gifted the 3 million dollars to start upgrading the Minnesota Monarchs facility, Collin Gibbles immediately went into project mode. Gibbles has been playing with the team for over 20 seasons so if anyone would know what needs to be improved it would be him. The first thing Gibbles would set out to improve is to make a series of elevated skywalks from nearby parking garages and hotels to the arena. Having better ways to get to games despite weather would be fantastic not only for fans but for staff as well. Gibbles would also have a special player entrance constructed underground from a secure parking lot so that players could exit the arena without getting mobbed.

After this, Gibbles would be investing in a new overhaul of the concessions within the arena. While they would keep staples like the Royale Burger, new items would be introduced along with a full grill station and professional chefs to cook more innovative fare.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Creative Prompt it is.

August would of course add in his multi colour disco ball with integrated stereo for absolutely BLASTING German Techno music to amp up the boats. Anchorage does not need to be this lifeless, frozen looking locker room. That said, the Arena already has built in heated concrete to keep the cold out and the colours need to remain Armada flavoured.

Simple shower heads seem to be the common upgrade. How about installing those Japanese style full sit in showers? Don't need too many as each of the guys gets stripped down at their own pace, so five should save costs. Alaska is a cold state, why not embrace it with a chef's style Ice Cream machine? Add your cream, flavour of choice and viola. Tasty treat to cool down with.

Now dont fret about beer post game. Each of the guys are getting Yeti brand coolers as part of their contract bonus' and will each be designated on the matrix to bring the beers, seltzers, coolers, and whatever else they deem fit for the post win celly.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

The first thing I do is make sure out weight room and gym is up to par. And by that, I mean the changing rooms aswell get a nice little face lift. The steam room, sauna and ice baths get all the best equipment possible. Maybe even some cyro therapy machines and cyro rooms where we can really get into the best physical shape we can possibly get.
Added to that, we get a state of the art kitchen with a top notch chef that can make our meals for the practice days as well as game days. I think having a room where we can all eat together and have a selection of what to eat where everyone is happy with the results would be the best thing for the team and building team chemistry aswell.
After that, probably a supplement section where we can get sponsored by a supplement company to make sure we have all the vitamins, minerals, protein shakes and any possible health related products that you can think of that are not banned in the SHL or the SMJHL ofcourse.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

The Colorado Raptors would likely spend their excess funds on supporting physical dinosaurs within the arena. There's a debate on whether to let the dinos run free in the arena, or to keep them in captivity. It depends on the aggressiveness and size of the dinos we use. If we actually want a raptor, we should keep it locked up for observation. We might catch a lawsuit or two letting it free. If we get a brachiosaurus or something, even though it's a herbivore, the size of the dino would cause unsustainable property damage. So if we can find a dino that's not too big and not too aggressive, that would be an excellent way to spend the extra cash. 

Also we would spend extra funds on free Adrian O'Rugg @Ruggsy bobbleheads for everyone. If you don't have an O'Rugg bobblehead you aren't living life the right way.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT -

Ok so we have 3 million dollars to spend. Let's do this. First, I buy a gigantic grilled cheese press, like 60 ton to pure steel metling gigantic loafs of bread and cheese. This is required as I always lose silly bets to @Leppish and I end up making something gross and grosser everytime. Then, we buy a rice cooker and a air fryer because @freda said to do so. It doesnt cost anywhere near the budget but I've been saying I want those for a while now.

Now lets work on the locker room. @goldenglutes been slacking a bit these days and we need him back. So we will buy a gigantic toiler and toiler papet roll so he has his own throne to do the job during game days. I don't why I wrote this.

A real upgrade that could be made is also to add cushions to the players bench. Its not really confortable and when coach @hotdoge is mad and makes us warm the bench we will at least be well seated.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Code:
creative prompt
In my opinion, there are several ways in which we could improve our locker room, turning it into a palace fit for a hockey king or queen. It would be ideal to provide our players with comfortable and functional facilities such as lockers large enough to store all of our equipment, as well as a lounge area for them to relax and socialize in before and after games, or even to provide a mini fridge for the people to keep their favorite sports drinks and ginger ales in. As a bonus, if we are able to provide players with access to top-of-the-line training and rehabilitation equipment, this can also help us improve our performance on the ice and make sure that they don't end up on the injured reserve list as a result. Also, having an awesome designated area for team meetings, whiteboards for strategies, cool lights, and a smoke machine, will make the team feel like they are in a top-secret government facility - the best in the league.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Prompt 1

While the financial future of the Baltimore Platoon is looking up due to arena district revitalization, the roster remains… sparse. Baku’s first instinct is “go find someone else who can score a goal” but he’s told no. Instead he follows through on the intent of the prompt, investing to upgrade the training room. Keeping players health is a top priority, especially with so many walking corpses playing each night. Half the lineup ends each game gassed (lots of 1% fitness), so the upgrades will bring Dirk Nowitzki-esque revitalization pods to replace the previous recovery features (Baltimore had upgraded on the classic ice baths already, but still a step back of the leading tech). Now the team doctors and trainers have access to elite massage chairs, spooky recovery pods, and replacement straps/sticky pads for the vital monitors all players wear. The old attachments itched like hell and pulled at player’s chest/back hair. These new ones work well and don’t upset the players.

They also bought something called a Pokeblock maker for the team kitchen. I don’t know what that means, ask @WildfireMicro because Sir Devoir loves it.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

The wolves locker room was in major need of an overhaul. While the team has been in a rebuild era, the funds have been slowly trickeling in and other considerations were used for the budget like making sure we hired and retained exceptional talent so we could enter the breakout phase. This year, management found a surplus in the budget and decided that it was time to throw a little extra at the players in terms of a facilities face lift. The players got to vote and they chose the locker room. After a month of renovations, the shiny new area was complete with a new logo, a patented enclosed menagerie of wolves, several protein snack machines, and a giant bust of their manager and head coached whom the players adore. While the team was not looking, management also snuck in some fancy televisions that showed on ice stats during games so players could see in real time what they need to work on to improve play. So far the wolves are crushing this season so it all seems to be working out for the best.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

(298 words)

The NHL's salary cap feels like a "one of a kind" concept compared to the other three major sports leagues in North America. With hockey's salary cap, everyone knows the rule: you can only spend up to it and you CANNOT go over, no matter what. With basketball, the luxury tax exists, preventing the most popular teams from signing all the talent and destroying the competitive balance of the league. Teams are obviously encouraged to spend to the cap to try and make their teams as competitive as possible, but with some teams it's unfortunately not that simple. Some teams can't afford to spend to the cap, leaving a lot of room for contending teams to dump old, bloated contracts on. Some teams also can't afford to spend to the cap due to a lack of willing ownership. The one league's salary structure that I would like to see implemented into the NHL is baseball's salary floor and soft cap. NHL owners already spend plenty of money to improve the product on the ice, so there wouldn't be a worry about teams like the Athletics/Pirates/Royals/Reds' owners being unwilling to spend. However, should a more competitive team like the Lightning/Avalanche/Oilers/Bruins try and spend more than the soft cap, then they should be hit with a cap penalty and gives the team less room to sign new players and extend existing players. There's a specific balance to all of the cap wizardry that goes on in the major sports leagues, and hockey's is unfortunately the smallest. Increasing the salary cap in the NHL to around $95-100 million USD would do wonders for talent in the league and give teams more room to breathe.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

3 million? We about to get fancy up in here. The locker need a full remodel with the main focus being on players mental health. I'm talking these guys aren't gonna want to go home to their mansions because of what they got right here in the locker room. First thing we are setting up is a giant theater room with lazy boy seating. This is of course for watch film, but don't be surprised if you see PS5 controllers laying around. Secondly we gonna add the sauna and hot tub combo. Proba nice pool as well. This isn't for your ice baths and stuff but just to be able to chill post game. Lastly we going to set up one hell of a bar down there. Post game beer? You could be handed one before you even take your pads off! These few changes would just be the start to a new movement. Players mental health. It's a game, let them have some fun. 

Creative prompt

Hockey season in Anchorage, not alot to do up here besides hockey. In the offseason if the players stay to train there's really nothing much to do. So Dusty Rhodes wants to improve the arena with a new fitness center. This would be state of the art equipment that would give an incentive for teammates to train here in the offseason and allow the team to bond even more. The special part of the fitness center would be a regulation wrestling ring. Yup. The boys need some way to get their agression out since they can't hit anyone on the ice so what better way than to get in the ring and rassle! There would also be seating so the team could actually hold events there as well. Charity wrestling for some good causes in the area would bring more excitement to the town for sure/ It would also be a way for the boys to give back in the offseason and help the local community.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

If I were in charge of making upgrades to our team facilities, I would love to see more Wolfpack themed stuff around the arena and our training facilities and locker room, for sure. I would love to have more space for each player in the locker room area and also give each player a ps5 to put in their locker to help ease their minds and distract them a little from overthinking things before their game. We want all of the players to be focused and prepared to play, but if they are overthinking things and causing themselves to get too nervous before their games then they obviously will not be in peak condition and this could really hurt their performance in games as a result. I would also love to get a Wolf's mouth? Jaw to come out of before the pre game skate and I think that would be something the fans would come to love and appreciate as it would be super exciting.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl