Create Account

S69 PT #1: Surplus January 29th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Creative Prompt

Some new tech that is being brought into the Blizzards facility is some VR headsets along with pads to skate on. The thought process behind this is that as part of training and preparing, players can strap on a headset, strap into the skating pad and practice offense, defense, new techniques against virtual copies of our opponents to hopefully learn what they'll do so we can adapt our strategies to them.  Along with this each players locker space will come with a personalized massage chair. Each chair will have a drink dispenser attached to it that with the click of a button will pour out said player's favourite drink, this is ideally for after a game when a player just wants to relax and drink whatever they want. These chairs will also hold a snack compartment in one of the arms for players to store their favourites munchies for in between periods and post game.

[Image: keithley.png]
[Image: mcalister.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

I would use my 3 million on the things around the stadium. Because things can be changed a bit because things need a change to make them up to date. I want them to know that it's not a bad thing to change things that need it. I think that I want the stadium to be enlarged so that we can have more of a fan base. I want to think that the stadium change will be awesome for our team as a whole as we continue through the seasons of my career and other people's careers on my team. I want to make a team based thing and that's always awesome to think about when doing changes. I want that to be fun to make changes so that's what I thought. I think that it is beneficial I want it to be a very good. 

150 words

CREATIVE PROMPT

The players make a ton of money as is and they can live with the facilities as they currently stand. What would be even better is to take this one step further for the community. With $3 million, the New Orleans Specters can start a program to make hockey even more prevalent in the community by bringing in underprivileged kids and their parents to every home game. Before the game, the kids and their families will be invited for a meet and greet with any players that want to participate. They will be provided with New Orleans Specters memorabilia to get autographed. They will then be given a tour of the arena and get to see all of the cool stuff that happens behind the scenes. A suite will be dedicated to the program every home game with food and drinks provided for every guest during the game. I think this would be a much better use of the money than making the already high played players more comfortable.
[169 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Code:
Written Task: What upgrades and changes do you make to your team's locker room, lounge, fitness room, parking garage, whatever! Use your 3 million wisely in order to make the best facilities possible for your teammates. Are you upgrading to some fancy new future tech? Is there something old and rotten that you need to replace? Are you mad that your parking spot is too far from the ice surface? Talk about what you're changing and why! (150+ words)

Wow there are a lot of great suggestions on what upgrades should be done to our locker room or even the arena as a whole baked into the prompt here that was very nice of the point task team. I think the first thing for BASE PACK would be that aforementioned parking spot upgrade so that BASE PACK's parking spot is as close to the player's entrance of the arena as possible. He is a pack of cards and thus it takes him longer to walk places compared to other people (thank god he can glide on skates) so it really is just a practical thing to put into motion. Plus he is so popular with everyone that it gives the general public less time to hound him for autographs before the game. He is happy to sign any autographs after games in the newly build BASE PACK card shop at the stadium where he will sell cards and give autographs after every game. I think the kids will really love that new addition to the arena and it will bring even more revenue in.

185 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Prompt 1

Jaska Seppala of the Buffalo Stampede is extremely grateful for this opportunity to use $3 million for the team needs. The first thing that Jaska Seppala would do if he received that money was trick out the locker room. He would put in a hot tub, massage chairs, he would put in flat screen TVs everywhere. He would also put in a live tiger that the team could pet. He thinks a live tiger would greatly improve team morale. The next thing he would do is completely revamp the stadiums sound system to make it one of a kind. He would also have the period intermission shows be a circus on ice. The next thing he would do is create a giant parking garage under the stadium, that way fans and players can easily get to and from the stadium. Jaska Seppala has been thinking about all this for a long time and is excited to get started with his plans

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Player Prompt:
Honestly, I hate the NHL cap, and going on a little tangent I think the SHL salary cap doesn't really achieve what it is meant to, but I also don't know of a way to fix it.
The NHL cap just seems to have teams find ways to circumvent it however they can, and this happens just because things can get overly complicated. The more rules added are likely in an attempt to shore up holes, but instead have the effect of opening up a loophole. The trade deadline is in place for a reason, right? Why not tie salary caps for playoffs to the trade deadline team. What about LTIR cap flexibility? Why not reduce it from 100% potentially to something like 33%. That way teams still feel the hit from taking on LTI-Retired players and makes financial decisions more prudent.
Similarly the cap floor is implemented for a reason to reduce teams being completely noncompetitive, but teams can skirt it by picking up big contracts of injured players and just not having them play. Making their team worse. Keeping things simpler is the best approach - You must be compliant, and penalties will be assessed accordingly - Forefit games over the cap, and monetary penalty for teams under the cap, for however much they are under by. That way they have to pay the minimum regardless and we never again have to deal with teams having an all star on reserve for literally the entire season, only to come back and dominate playoffs.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

PBE CW

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

The first thing that Magnus Liljestrom would do is to install massaging seats everywhere. Every locker stall, every surface that was available would get a massaging system of some kind. Next, the locker room would have a sauna and an ice room. It is really good to go cold and hot and then back again in order to clear up the circulatory system. Next, he would also add relaxation pods so that the players can relax before and after practices, and also before and after games, so that they are at peak performance. Mind you the player must not relax too much otherwise he could become a floppy noodle during the game! After that, last but not least, he would add an on demand hot dog cart set up in the locker room for in between period snacks. Don't go hungry in between periods - players must have enough energy to go and do hockey!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Hockey Prompt:

I think the NHL salary cap is needed, if there was no cap there would be a lot of issues in the league with super teams. Right now Canadian teams already have a hard enough time attract free agents because of the cold, and the taxes in canada. If there was no cap, american teams would have free reign over all the players, specially the tax free states. That being said I do not think the NHL Salary cap is perfect, in fact in needs a lot of work. The cap is simply going up to slow, and with escrow the league is the only one benefiting. The cap should probably be about 10m higher at the current level. Player contracts are unbalanced, and top tier players are not getting the money they deserve. There is no denying the league is targeting more american cities, which leads to canadian teams having to pay more for free agents, and with the low cap it is capping their potential. Fix the cap!

160+

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Creative Prompt.

Three million is a lot of money for me to be spending on the team. First thing I would want to do is improve the locker room. No stalls for people to sit in with hard benches or the like, we are making all the stalls triple the size and putting in recliner chairs instead of a bench. We are going to make the space 8 times bigger also so we can put in things like table tennis tables and a golf simulator. We are gonna be spending a lot of time here so why not put in some things for fun. Another thing we are putting in here is a massive bar with 1 tap for everyone on teh team and staff. Everyone picks what beer they want on tap and you get a tap all for yourself. Lets enjoy being on a hockey team. Maybe I also put a parking lot completely underneath the locker room and a spiral staircase up from that straight into the locker.

[Image: hopoate.png]

1. Locker Room: The priority would be to upgrade the locker room to include larger lockers and more storage space for players' gear. We would also add a state-of-the-art ventilation system to improve airflow and reduce odor. Additionally, we would install a hydrotherapy room with a whirlpool, sauna, and steam room to help players recover after games and practices.

2. Lounge: We would create a comfortable lounge area for players to relax in between games and practices. This would include comfortable seating, a large flat-screen TV, and a gaming area. We would also provide free snacks and drinks for players to enjoy.

3. Fitness Room: We would upgrade the fitness room to include top-of-the-line cardio and weight equipment. We would also hire a team of certified personal trainers to work with players on conditioning and strength training.

4. Parking Garage: We would create a designated parking area for players and staff, with reserved spots for the team captain and coaches. We would also install a security system to ensure the safety of players' cars.

5. Training Area: We would create a dedicated training area for the team to practice and work on drills. This would include a full-size rink and a smaller practice rink for skill work. We would also install a video analysis system to allow coaches to review footage of practices and games.

6. Medical facilities: We would have an excellent medical room with all necessary facilities like ice packs, heating pads, and other medical equipment, which will help players to recover quickly from injuries.

7. Meeting Room: We would create a dedicated meeting room for team meetings and strategy sessions. This would include a large table and comfortable seating, as well as a whiteboard and projection screen for presentations.

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

Hockey Prompt:

Honestly, I like the salary cap.  No need to gift the championship to the richest owner every year, thats no fun at all.  Give small market teams a chance to win eh?  Being from a small city shouldn't determine whether or not a team deserves a championship.  Its awesome when small market teams win.  Imagine the Oakland A's beating the yankees or the red socks in the World Series Finals.  That would be fucking rad.  Or the Winnepeg Jets beating the New York Rangers in the Stanley cup finals, fucking rad.  Or the St. Louis Blues beating the Boston Bruins.  Ah yes, thats the glory I like to feel.  Small market teams winning gives everyone a free ticket to the story of a seasonal underdog, which we all love.  I honeslty dont know any sports without a salary cap worth watching.  Baseball?  Do they have one?  Who cares, who gives a shit about baseball.  Nascar?  I have no idea.  I wanna go fast though.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]