Create Account

(GRADED)DEEP DIVE #1 How Olly Ozols became one of Regina Elk
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 08:08 PM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

The fact that a young talented person has emerged for Latvian ice hockey was a miracle for many. In general, the story of how he got to this league is already quite amazing. This time, let's look at how Oliver Ozols got to the draft ceremony and was drafted as early as round one.

He has previously played in Latvia and also in America, now in the junior league, where he wants to aspire to high achievements with great vigour. He was fairly little known before signing up for the league draft, having played in junior leagues that had performed and set many records, but that's far from the level he wanted to stay longer in. So there was a chance to join this league and get drafted.

When the application was ready, all that remained was to show off to the team Scouts and hope that it was one of those teams who would choose him at the draft ceremony. Overall, Scout turnout was low early on and there was no reasonable expectation that he could hope for a high achievement at the draft ceremony, but closer to the big event, more interest from the teams already showed up and the excitement also showed higher. Before the ceremony itself began there were even hopes of ranking among the top 5 selections, but in the end those hopes slowly waned as further information was gathered about the rest of the players as well.

The situation was that I had not come to the ceremony itself, because it did not seem like I would be chosen so high, I watched it on the Internet with my family – at home in Latvia. The ceremony itself was wonderful, I'd watched these selection ceremonies for the league's young players before and I always found them interesting, this time with extra azart I could watch everything that was going on. By the time the selections got to No 10, I was pretty sure I could slide to Round 2 because without me there were a lot of other talented players in this draft. Then came Round 1 "s final pick number 14. If only you had seen and heard those cries of joy as well as jumps at the moment my name was given. The whole family was absolutely delighted to have been valued so highly. Since I wasn't at the ceremony locally, I had to connect through internet with ZOOM app to say a few words and meet the team's general manager.

After all this, I immediately searched for the first tickets to get to Regina Elk's team home. It wasn't an easy task at all, but it was a success, and I was on my first flight, and I had to fight for my luggage, but now it wouldn't have been a good experience if it hadn't been for a problem. The first impression of the team was fantastic, coming into the dressing room immediately felt this was the right place I wanted to spend my junior seasons and hopefully the team will entrust me with a big role so I can help as much as I can. My goal is definitely to use all my time in the junior league to improve my skills and be ready for the adult level.

All in all, for everything that has happened up to and after this event, I can say that I am absolutely delighted with this outcome, it was a proper adventure and I hope that everything that has happened will allow me to further progress and develop as a player. I want to be a professional hockey player and I will do everything I can to realise that.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2023, 10:12 AM by Seany148.)

Go Latvia!!

Approved, +5 TPE to @lilstifler

[Image: CptSquall.gif]