Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #1 Looking At The Grizzlies And One New Kid
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 08:09 PM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm gonna talk about The Great Falls Grizzlies and take a look at a couple of players from the team.

The preseason didn't go as well as we hoped, well at least as well as I was hoping. Looking back at the first preseason(the one that got reset)we did pretty well we went 5-2, but enough dwelling on something that didn't happen. This time around we went 3-4 we placed 10th I know we can do better than that I'm hoping we can fix whatever issues we have come the regular season.

I do believe as a team we can be fighting for that top 3 areas, looking at the skill of this team we should be able to make it work, it is now just putting the pieces together on the ice. The depth on the Grizzlies is very good the centers can all play their position well, usually able to hold a good faceoff percentage. In preseason they seem to have tested Latreille on the 3rd line Center position the only issue with that is he hasn't worked on faceoffs at all as he thought he would be played in his natural RW or opposite LW positions, Now he has come out and said he's open to trying new positions even defence for example but they know where he's gonna succeed the most the more they try him on all positions. I do believe having Latreille in the RW position will give him the most opportunity to do what he does best which will give them the scoring and assists they need from him, So I'd say start off seeing how he does on that RW position to see if its something needed at all times or not.

Looking at the preseason that was reset he was playing the 3rd line RW position and was able to get 6 points in 7 games and 2 of those games he was 1st star, Yeah 6 points in 7 games aren't the best numbers I know but this time around he only got 3 assists in 7 games, he wasn't able to shoot as much as he normally would so it must've thrown his game off also only having a 5 on faceoffs puts him at a disadvantage in those faceoffs.

I know he's new and you do not know where he's gonna be playing at his best due to that but what's the worst that could happen by seeing if playing him on his RW if he is able to put up the numbers there asking for rather than playing him on the Center position. I just think he needs time to grow in his natural position before being given a new role.  I'd like to say this is just opinion based and I just really don't know if he's capable of playing that centerman position just yet, I would also like to say I absolutely love playing for the Grizzlies and I wouldn't wanna be playing my junior years anywhere else.

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)

Approved, +5 TPE to @Duga

[Image: CptSquall.gif]