Create Account

S69 PT #2: Contract Talks February 5th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Philip Fry relies on a team of former colleagues and mostly friends from his previous job at Planet Express Delivery. His self appointed agent Bender Bending Rodriguez handles the negotiations. Fry knows that Bender's cut will be high but also relies on his greed to make sure he gets the highest salary possible so that Bender's cut is as high as possible.

He relies on his bureaucratic liaison Hermes Conrad to handle his finances. No one can come close to his pencil pushing bureaucratic organized beautiful mind when it comes to keeping the books right. He only wants to be paid in weed and to have his limbo contest entry fees paid for.

When it comes to making the right decision he always counts on Turanga Leela. With her experience as a captain in combat and civilian life Fry can rely on her quick and methodical decision making abilities and consider all options.

(153 Words)

Sven has made it a point of pride for himself to never make contract negotiations too difficult. Things have been pretty great in Manhattan after 2 consecutive finals appearances, but he knows that time is running out on his career as it's starting to get harder and harder to get out of bed every morning. That being said, one of his only contract stipulations is for there to be a dedicated recovery room in the locker room. It has to have everything, massage/chiropractic stations, ice baths, hyperbolic recovery chambers, all you can eat pain relievers, so on and so forth. This keeps Sven fresh, which is important as he is still the teams most veteran and savvy defenseman. If Manhattan is to make a third finals appearance and hopefully take it all the way this time, a well rested and recovered team will be one of the most important things.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Player Prompt

I would say that Anthony Dionne was almost to a nobody before his SMJHL Draft, so he didn't really need an agent. He also studied Business Management, so he had some intel and knew some things about contracts. Not a lot of teams reached out to him before his first draft so he was able to represent himself with no problem. His background made him able to answer to their questions and give them anything they wanted. Maybe the result was not that good because none of those teams drafted him... It was Saint-Louis who took a chance on him late in the draft and they don't regret it. During his first SMJHL season, he had time to learn things from the league and search for someone to help him. He finally finds someone from his hometown to help him for his SHL Draft and sign his next contracts. He's a friend from a friend so it was easy to get in contact and learn things from each other to have a better connexion so he will know what I want as a player, but also as a person.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Player Prompt:

One of the first things people tell you to do when you becoming a professional athlete is to sign an agent. I completely understand why that would be your first move and why it's smart to have one. However, I never signed one for myself and chose to handle my own affairs. I wanted to be hands on for everything that involved me so I could vet every opportunity coming my way and have no excuses it something went wrong.

For contracts, I'm always straight up with my GM and I expected the same. No shady business in the fine print, no fancy clauses except for one specific no-trade demand. I never wanted hockey to become a complicated business. I'm going to get my money, why squeeze for every penny and why complicate the contract when it's not needed. As for outside ventures, I'm happy to work them out on my own and be able to see who I'm going to be working with. Agents are super helpful, but in my case I just wanted to do things my way.

(180 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Creative Prompt

Paul Binder is a very simple man. He doesn't negotiate his contracts, he's very happy with a minimal amount. Making even $1 million is a lot more than what he'd be making if he wasn't in the SHL. Now with that being said, if he so decided to put in these special stipulations into his contract, he would definitely want some gourmet coffee being freshly ground every morning. Not Starbucks, not Folgers, give him the good stuff. He'd also love a pantry in the arena kitchenette stocked with the latest and newest flavors of Pop Tarts. So many teams and companies alike will just cut corners and go with the standard strawberry. Nothing wrong with a good strawberry Pop Tart, but Paul Binder is gonna need some variety in his life as an SHL superstar. Get the good toaster too, not a cheap one that only half-toasts the pastry.

WC: 155

[Image: Screenshot_2024-01-31_214614.png?ex=65ce...y=lossless]

When contract talks come around, who does your player rely on for help? Is it an agent? A parent? A mentor? Nobody? Who do you talk to when it comes time for you to sit down and try to get the best deal for yourself? How long have you known them? Where did you meet them? Why do you trust them? If you don't involve anyone else in these conversations, why not? (150+ words)

So for me with my kelowna contract I just signed whatever they were offering as me and my brother didn't know what was the best contract offer so we figured that was the best one to be honest. Now when It came to my pride contract I had an actual agent that has been known notoriously as a bounce around agent as none of his guys made it far in the league, which i plan to change that narrative of him as I plan to be in the league for a while. Overall though I had the agent go over my contract with the pride and really we loved the deal they were offering us upfront so we didn't even need to negotiate. The only thing i asked from the pride was a guaranteed pad for me to stay in when i do get called up as I know how crowded San Fran can be! So they have a house they have already decorated for me and they take part of my contract to pay for the upkeep on It till im called up.

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]

As Pengu recently signed an extension, he can easily go into depth with some of his more silly demands. First off every team Pengu has ever played for regardless of league has had to add a place to talk about and prepare food in the locker room. Pengu is a very food driven bird and so it is very important to him that he can express himself in that way. Now he also demands that there is a logo on the ice in Chicago that reminds everyone to donate to the penguin charities of the world. Many penguin species are near extinct and people don't talk about it as much, so when he can he wants to advertise it and Chicago has given him the chance. Then he also has always had a thing for his special krill flavored ice cream. He has forced several teams to serve it at games in the past and Chicago is no different. These are normally pretty easy demands and they make the penguin very happy.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Player Prompt:

Denisova has had the same agent his whole life, their careers grew with eachother essentially. Leo Roze was born in Latvia and played in the Simulation Latvian Higher Hockey League (SLHHL). He was very active in the Junior leagues of Latvian hockey, always meeting with his fans and making connections with the local youth. One of those kids was Denisova, a very promising player that Roze thought could really grow to be something special. Roze was getting tired of playing in the SLHHL and realized he didn’t have a great shot of making it elsewhere so he met with Valters and his mother and had a talk. Roze would help Denisova train and eventually take him on as an agent if he got far. Denisova agreed and started training, eventually Denisova’s training went into the hands of the Latvian national team and then to the Berserkers. Ever since thought Valters has kept him as his agent because of how he helped in train, and Roze has since started his work with more of the Latvian youth players, attempting to help them out and into the SMJHL, working as an agent for them for cheap to make sure they had someone to get there.
Recent Roze had a son who’s showing some promise in the sport and Denisova as a mentor.
will this kid reach the SHL? that depends on if I remember that I created this character, if so… maybe…

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=65571031&is=65449b31&hm=9...height=654]

Ray alexander walks into the contract negotiation room, with nobody but his own mind, and if he can't come to an agreement, he leaves the room and tries again the next day, lets both him and the GM think about it before they try anything new, Ray had tried other various methods previously to joining the SMJHL, however he hadn't found anyone reliable enough for his caring, and this message makes GMs more willing to change their offer, because it leaves less of a window for them to try and convince me to change my demands, however Ray can usually get contract talks done in one session because Ray is a team player at the end of the day, and is willing to take a bit less money than he might deserve, in order to help better the team, giving the team more room to make additions in the salary cap
[153 words]

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

So 2nd prompt and Isaac has zero need for a player agent and just just does the negotiations himself. The cult he is a part of has weirdly an administration side but that is a different character not involved with sports that helps the sports cultists learn about what they can do and what helps the team. The cultists do not really need help whatsoever with earning money outside with sponsorships so usually they just sign on the bare minimum with NTCs of the teams that did not draft them or just benefits in everyday life. Nothing is needed with anything else really and then the team can just focus on getting better players since he does not care about his contract or length.

He may negotiate for player options or mutual options if needed but I do not think Isaac will need them since he can just ask for the trade if he would so want one. But we will see in future seasons what he will sign.

[169 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

When it comes to contract time, GK typically relies on his agent to negotiate a deal for him, however GK informs his agent that they are willing to take league minimum to go to a competitive team to win another cup at this stage in his career.

Realistically going forward with GKs career slowly winding down ,and him not being as good as before there really isn't much need to demand a higher wage or longer contract. What GK looks for however is a competitive team, in the running to make a deep push, or good cup winning prospects that are willing to take on an aging vet on the 3rd line.

Normally in the past GK would have sat down with his agent, and review his options which he has exercised twice in the past when leaving both New England and Chicago in Free Agency in years past. During these meetings, GK and his agent weigh their options and move on to assist GK with his future plans and goals. At this point however GK may likely be looking to remain with a single team to ride out the remainder of his career but only time will tell on that front. (202 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Quote:Written Task: What special conditions do you want in your players contract? Is there a special snack that has to be in your locker stall every morning? A specific type of coffee stocked in the machine? A certain way the trainer must tape your stick or you'll throw a tantrum and quit? Tell me about what special requirements if any your player wants in their contract and why. (150+ words)

Contract talks with Minnesota are very easy, because I enjoy playing there. However it was non-negotiable that my Nevada linemate Alexi Piastri hast to be extended as well. Thankfully that also was in the GM's interest as it would be mind-boggling to seperate the golden duo of Froste-Piastri. Other than that I also wanted a clause that voids the contract in case the franchise moves cities. I could say that I love Minnesota and would be devastated if I could not play in that town anmyore, but truth be told, I just absolutely despise moving. With that clause in place I might be able to get picked up by a team closeby.
Last but not least I had a clause added which covers that I am not forced to play on my marriage anniversary or SO's birthday. She is that special to me and I do not want to miss an important date for work. Same thing applies for eventual kids anniversaries when ready.

164 words

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

Rhys has been trying for years to get tea times into SHL locker rooms. Rhys has nothing against coffee. In fact, he developed a real love for java during his days in Junior hockey. However, coffee is not the only caffeinated beverage worth indulging in. Rhys frequently observes an afternoon tea time, if his schedule allows it. And it would be nice to have good British tea available in the locker room instead of lipton crap. His favorite tea is Paned Gymraeg from his home country of Wales. But he understands that can be hard to import for the team. In his next contract, he's negotiating in PG Tips in the locker room. There also, of course, needs to be some sort of pasty to go with it. Rhys prefers Welsh cakes but he doesn't trust anyone to make them except his wife and his mother. Since his mother doesn't live close, Rhys's wife makes up a batch of Welsh cakes for each week for Rhys to take with his tea.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

For Sir Devoir, he did not have any really outrageous contract demands, however he still has a few preferencea put in his newest contract from the Baltimore Platoon. First of all, Devoir has asked for a Pokeblock maker in the team kitchen. While Devoir can easily eat all kinds of human food, pokeblocks are his favorite snack and help him get motivated to play on the ice. He also asked for him to have the ability to bring in his own coffee grinder he makes himself from beans he gets from a friend overseas. He does share this coffee with any player that wants it if there is some still available of course.

Another thing that he asked for is to be able to have his sister Annabelle and adopted daughter Bella have reserved seats in the Baltimore arena. They are usually right behind the goal he is guarding so that they can shout words of encouragement to him whenever they feel like they need to.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Slavakov’s next contract demand is for the Ben Waters Junior contract, 1 year at 35 million dollars. Failing to get that, the main condition required is a no trade clause. The last thing Slavakov wants is to end up in a place like Edmonton again or Calgary. When he was in San Francisco part of his contract required a fresh piece of buttered toast be placed in his locker every morning, as you can’t lead the #simp4toast club without toast. After being traded to Chicago he didn’t really have anything in his contract, but now that he’s met the team his request is to keep his locker as far away from Ben Jammin as possible. He had heard rumors of him before from his time in Kelowna and Montreal, as well as Canada, and the rumors did not truly reflect how he is in person. If he re-signs in Chicago he will make sure to have a No Jammin clause.

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpeg]