Create Account

S68 SHL Award Nominees

01-26-2023, 03:29 PMunconfident69 Wrote: rip @mcgriddleluver

I second this... The man deserves credit.

[Image: Wally.png]

So do we just pick rookies out of a hat? @FuzzSHL fix this please.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

01-26-2023, 03:57 PMHoltzFan10 Wrote:
01-26-2023, 03:35 PMShylo_Moxii Wrote: tied for 4th in Ryan Jesster voting
What about me
Same for you tied for 4th

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

01-26-2023, 04:07 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: So do we just pick rookies out of a hat? @FuzzSHL fix this please.
Please DM me what reasons you may have that we “snubbed” whoever you mentioned out of the list. I can assure we had more than just 3 people who were nominated in the process but only 3 make it to the Final Nomination Process.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 04:53 PM by scudmuffin19. Edited 1 time in total.)

How the hecc did you expect us to read this poop

[Image: sobchak.png]

01-26-2023, 04:07 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: So do we just pick rookies out of a hat? @FuzzSHL fix this please.
You know, it was a really good rookie class all around. Several rookies with compelling cases showed on ballots and ultimately didn’t end up with a nomination. I’m pretty sure the player you might be upset about was on my own, personal ballot.

These things are a lot closer than how they may end up portrayed. Lots of nominations end up making it by a single vote or even through a tiebreaker.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

We're all living in the Makela era

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

01-26-2023, 04:40 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: How the fuck did you expect us to read this shit

It's a little bit of a word vomit on the eyes.
  • Make the award titles/headings text x-large size
  • Make the nominees text medium size
  • Make stats text small size and below their nominees
  • Tag the nominees
  • Get rid of the hyphens before each nominee and just lead with their team
  • Just use underlining, not both italics and underlining
  • Provide an "Others receiving votes" in order of descending votes received
Just some thoughts. Obviously being Awards Head is a thankless job and will always get some criticism, but this might help

Example:

Anton Razov Trophy for Playoff Most Valuable Player

Argonauts Max Manning @(user)
18 G, 14 A, 32 P, +16, 24 GA, 17 TA, 16 Blks, 17 Hits

Stampede Greyson Cooper @(user)
17 G, 21 A, 38 P, +6, 16 GA, 10 TA, 2 Blks, 41 Hits

Argonauts Willie Miller @(user)
16-4-1, 1.78 GAA, .924 Sv%

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

01-26-2023, 03:21 PMJumbobone19 Wrote: Yo formatting on white
I fixed it.. Probably copied/pasted from word several times with how many font, size and color tags the post had on it.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

01-26-2023, 04:45 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
You know, it was a really good rookie class all around. Several rookies with compelling cases showed on ballots and ultimately didn’t end up with a nomination. I’m pretty sure the player you might be upset about was on my own, personal ballot.

These things are a lot closer than how they may end up portrayed. Lots of nominations end up making it by a single vote or even through a tiebreaker.

It's the lack of consistency in the voting for me really. Are you voting for bad team but good performance even if high ice time or good team but lower ice time with solid performance, you have two players who went above others with as good or better performances. Not to mention goals should be ranked higher than assists. Ignoring Surkhi-Ze'ev, Biemans, and we all know defensemen and goalies don't exist for award voting is wild. If you wanted lower ice time with good performance, Biemans had 29 goals vs Faker's 21 goals and 1 less point on a worse team offensively. The inverse, Surkhi-Ze'ev played on an Edmonton team that barely made the playoffs, finished second in scoring and outscored Baltisberger in 2 minutes less of ice time per game. If you're going for performance with low ice time, Matsmith Soderberg-Tremblay outscored anybody not listed in the similar 17 minutes of ice time played. I get point wise it's close, but there's no way with consistent logic applied to a voting process for it to come out like this.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

01-26-2023, 04:57 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
01-26-2023, 04:40 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: How the fuck did you expect us to read this shit

It's a little bit of a word vomit on the eyes.
  • Make the award titles/headings text x-large size
  • Make the nominees text medium size
  • Make stats text small size and below their nominees
  • Tag the nominees
  • Get rid of the hyphens before each nominee and just lead with their team
  • Just use underlining, not both italics and underlining
  • Provide an "Others receiving votes" in order of descending votes received
Just some thoughts. Obviously being Awards Head is a thankless job and will always get some criticism, but this might help

Example:

Anton Razov Trophy for Playoff Most Valuable Player

Argonauts Max Manning @(user)
18 G, 14 A, 32 P, +16, 24 GA, 17 TA, 16 Blks, 17 Hits

Stampede Greyson Cooper @(user)
17 G, 21 A, 38 P, +6, 16 GA, 10 TA, 2 Blks, 41 Hits

Argonauts Willie Miller @(user)
16-4-1, 1.78 GAA, .924 Sv%
Much appreciated. I’ll probably use this as my template next season if you don’t mind?

01-26-2023, 04:40 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: How the hecc did you expect us to read this poop

use darkmode dummy

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

01-26-2023, 05:10 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
01-26-2023, 04:40 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: How the hecc did you expect us to read this poop

use darkmode dummy
this isn't iOS

[Image: sobchak.png]

01-26-2023, 03:18 PMSebster Wrote: Willie Miller 37-8-3, 2.36 GAA, .901 Sv%[/color]

[Image: Rage-Emote.png] Evgeni Petrov 36-11-1, 2.51 GAA, .919 Sv%

[Image: auroranew.png] Rebecca Montagne 43-8-2, 2.38 GAA, .910 Sv%

[Image: stampede.png] Casey Fantobens 34-18-2, 3.28 GAA, .899 Sv%

if it was a group of 4, willie has the best GAA 2nd best record and 3rd best save percent where is willie

I agree. While I don’t think either of us would have won, I don’t think I should have got a nom just for being peppered with shots. There are a few goalies that I think were better, not only you. I have no say in what happens so I second your /shrug

[Image: Fantobens.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 05:35 PM by spooked. Edited 4 times in total.)

01-26-2023, 05:09 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: ...Surkhi-Ze'ev played on an Edmonton team that barely made the playoffs, finished second in scoring and outscored Baltisberger in 2 minutes less of ice time per game...
You aren't wrong to be confused in general as Ben had a great season just from eyeballing them specifically cause they mentioned a bit about them being disappointed about not getting nommed in the Van LR so I looked at their stats earlier (and I had to do some rookie voting stuff for all star committee a while ago), but this specific point is a bit misleading when you consider those 2 mins per game are Baltisberger's PK minutes per game which aren't exactly high scoring opportunities, which I would assume also came into the formula for his nom to some degree as well?