Create Account

Has Wendolene Ramsbottom been a good....or a bad draft pick?

I think in these leagues we would all love to win MVP every year and win a title and be the most amazing player the league has ever seen, but that isn't always how it turns out.

I have never really found success in this league in particular and for those that know me from other leagues, that isn't something I am particularly used to. I enjoy decent success with my players in other leagues and therefore have a certain expectation here too. That being said, I knew I would not be an MVP type player here, for the mere fact that I am a defender. And also despite the fact that I feel like I have done all my tasks pretty much, I am somehow 130 TPE behind the class lead. Still, that is a fairly solid earning career I would say.

As far as TPE goes, I currently rank 16th among players from my draft class, after being taken 23rd in the draft. In that sense, I feel like I could at least be seen as a good draft pick and a bit of a steal even, outperforming where I was taken in the draft. Even more so, there is a HUGE clift of TPE behind me. Someone may rank just a spot or two behind me but after me, the TPE drops down significantly. Anyone behind me in TPE is at least 300ish TPE behind me, once you get a few spots further away, it drops another 300ish TPE more.

So if I was such a good draft pick, that means I must be doing well right? Right?

Well, not so fast. First off, defenders are usually less performance driven than forwards, at least when it comes to scoring. But even then, I feel like I just haven't done my best.

Part of that may come from the fact that I play for a really good team and am an on a lower line still, which is a really tough position to be in sometimes. I think ultimately as our careers will continue my TPE will take over and I will play in higher lines and outperform some of the other people in my class.

But if you look at the numbers after last season, the truth is a bit sad to look at.

As I said, I rank 16th in TPE among my draft class, 14th among skaters. Despite that, in goals I rank 24th, in assists I rank 25th and in points I rank 25th among my class.

There are at least two categories I do well in, which is the Plus Minus ranking where I rank 10th and the shot blocking where I rank 3rd. Both of them I have a good season in again, so it is possible I will go up higher in those.

So I know what you will say, obviously the guys ahead of me that are behind me in TPE are gonna be forwards right?

Well, among the 11 defenders who I think qualify in this draft class (taking out two that are below 500 TPE and have only played one season), I rank 6th in TPE, 9th in goals, 11th in assists and 11th in points.

Like I said before, with how the TPE drops off, that means that there are guys ahead of me in points who have like 450 TPE less than me. I imagine that this will change and fix itself in the next few seasons because of that, but right now, this definitely paints a worse picture.

So, TPE aside, does it still feel like I was a good draft pick then? I think ultimately, I still feel like that I was a good draft pick and even with performing so badly, it is really all that Seattle needs of me right now, with even better guys on the team. My time of being on a top line will hopefully still come, so maybe I can climb the list a little bit still. But boy, the stats are rough to look at for now!

I hope that maybe I can improve further and see if this is something that has other causes besides just being on a low line. But I don't think my build is that terrible either.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

I honestly get it, it is similar as my player careers in the shl. I never seem to be performing compared to how my players perform in different leagues. I have one cup to show for it here in 10 years time. I still think i'm cursed.

You helped your team win 2 cups in the last two seasons , so i would say you are the definition of a good draft pick juOsu Smile

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

02-06-2023, 11:15 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote: I honestly get it, it is similar as my player careers in the shl. I never seem to be performing compared to how my players perform in different leagues. I have one cup to show for it here in 10 years time. I still think i'm cursed.

You helped your team win 2 cups in the last two seasons , so i would say you are the definition of a good draft pick juOsu Smile

That is true, championship wise I was a bit blessed with this player now!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]