Create Account

Season 64 Hall of Fame Ceremony

And now on to our final player of this evening. I am sure many of you may already have deduced who it might be just from a quick glance of the eligible players list. Just like our last inductee, this is first year of eligibility, he played his whole career for one team and he quickly became the face of the franchise. And! It’s another Swedish player! I’m sure you have all figured it out by now, ladies and gentleman please join me in welcoming our last player inductee of the S64 class, it’s…

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2023, 06:41 PM by Henrik. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: hof_vilde.png]

Kata Vilde - 89 Votes
Dragons S44-S61

Career regular season stats: GP: 758 | W: 421 | Sv%: .911 | GAA: 2.726 | SO: 54

Challenge Cup Champion (S50)
Five Time John McBride Nominee (S46, S47, S49, S51, S56)
Ryan Jesster Nominee (S44)
Anton Razov Nominee (S50)
Mike Honcho Trophy Winner (S56)
All-Rookie Team (S44)
3rd Team All-Star (S46, S47, S60)
2nd Team All-Star (S49, S51)
1st Team All-Star (S56)

Kata Vilde is about as close to a first ballot Hall of Famer slam dunk as you can get. The fact that there are 15 seasons between Vildes first and last non-rookie All-Star appearance says a lot about what a beast he was in between the pipes as well as his incredible longevity and consistency. As of the writing of this, Kata is the 2nd most winningest goalie in SHL history, he is 3rd in total games played and 4th in shutouts. In S56, he posted his best numbers and possibly one of the best played seasons by a goalie in the history of our league. In 44 games played he managed to win 34, post 9 shutouts and posted an insane .936Sv% and a goals against average of 1.647(!). Absolutely absurd numbers for a man who had at this point already played in the SHL for 13 seasons.

“Vilde is one of the most prolific goalies in the history of the league.”

“Kata is one of the most dominant goalies of all time having around double the amount of wins and shutouts as any other goalie eligible and was able to play at a high level for 18 seasons. He also had an impressive 8 award noms or wins.”

“Kata Vilde had a career for the ages. His 56% win rate over his regular season career (which spanned over an incredible 18 seasons) puts him up there as one of the all time greats. Kata has one of the most impressive goalie resumés in the history of our league and is a slam dunk for a first ballot Hall of Famer.”

Please join me in congratulating Kata Vilde @BarnabasCollins, our third and final inductee of the S64 class into the SHL Hockey Hall of Fame!

And so now finally we get to the General Manager section of tonight's ceremony. This ballot is full of heavyweight managers, all of whom have had levels of success and longevity that most GMs only dream of. Ofcourse, having such a stacked list you might have thought that the voting would be all over the place. Well, you’d be wrong! Because one GM received all 10 of the first place votes. Please join me in congratulating the unanimously selected S64 GM inductee into the SHL Hall of Fame-

[Image: hof_wannabefinn.png]

Wannabefinn - 100 Votes
Stampede S37-S63

Career wins: 864 (.591 Win%)

Four Time Challenge Cup Champion (S46, S48, S55, S60)
Nine Time Lance Uppercut Award Nominee (S41, S46, S50, S53, S55, S57, S58, S59, S60)
Two Time Lance Uppercut Award Winner (S48, S54)
Joe McKeil Award Winner (S54)

It's no secret that WBF is one of the most decorated general managers in the history of our league. He was at the helm of a juggernaut of a team for the better part of 15 seasons and managed to secure 4 cups for Buffalo during his tenure. More impressive than that though, to me atleast, is how he managed the teams assets and always kept a steady flow of great prospects and high picks flowing into Buffalo, so much so that it turned into a meme! Wannabefinns longevity, success, business savvy and ability to constantly find hidden gems to add to his team all speak volumes of his ability in the GMs chair. Its very seldom someone who is so good at every aspect of managing in this league comes along, WBF is definitely one of those people.

“WBF wrote the book in the SHL on modern GMing, from STHS to the FHM era and his contributions to the team (Buffalo) still shine to this day, as well as his record.”

“Built the Buffalo dynasty. Got a league wide reputation of fleecing everyone in trades, yet still managed to make trades happen to constantly put the team in the best place to win. 4 championships, a ton of uppercut nominations. WBF's tenure in Buffalo will be one of the best stints of any team ever. Navigated the FHM transition brilliantly, and put a competitive product on the ice.”

“WBF might be in the conversation for most decorated GM in SHL history. During his tenure Buffalo was one of the undisputed power teams in the league, winning 4 cups with him at the helm. He was nominated for best GM a mind boggling 9 times and won it twice. He also won the McKeil once during his tenure. Combine this with his longevity, work ethic and shrewd trading and you've got a slam dunk for the Hall of Fame if there ever was one.”

“Most wins out of any gm eligible by almost 200, most challenge cups out of any gm eligible, built one of the best dynasties of his era that is only comparable to Hallsy and the Steelhawks.”

“4 cups”

Please join me in congratulating @WannabeFinn on his induction into the SHL Hall of Fame as a GM!

A huge congratulations to all of our inductees, very well deserved. And if you didn't get in, there's always next year! Unless your name is Cameron Carter II, Alex Winters or Charlie Schieck.

That just about wraps this ceremony up, thanks for tuning in. The Hall of Fame Committee is hard at it trying to catch up and get up to date at the moment so expect more of these ceremonies over the coming months.

I'd once again like to thank everyone for taking the time and remind you all that feedback can be sent to me directly through DMs or discord.

Have a great sunday folks!

Leeout

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Congrats to all newly admitted and honorable mentions! Thanks for hosting Henrik!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

It's been a while. it was a pleasure to be a part of the community for all those years.
I Hope Passamuss can be an inspiration to other power forwards!

RETIRED

Great to have HOF back!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

02-12-2023, 03:38 PMHenrik Wrote:
[Image: hof_vilde.png]

Kata Vilde - 89 Votes
Dragons S44-S61

Career regular season stats: GP: 758 | W: 421 | Sv%: .911 | GAA: 2.726 | SO: 54

Challenge Cup Champion (S50)
Five Time John McBride Nominee (S46, S47, S49, S51, S56)
Ryan Jesster Nominee (S44)
Anton Razov Nominee (S50)
Mike Honcho Trophy Winner (S56)
All-Rookie Team (S44)
3rd Team All-Star (S46, S47, S60)
2nd Team All-Star (S49, S51)
1st Team All-Star (S56)

Kata Vilde is about as close to a first ballot Hall of Famer slam dunk as you can get. The fact that there are 15 seasons between Vildes first and last non-rookie All-Star appearance says a lot about what a beast he was in between the pipes as well as his incredible longevity and consistency. As of the writing of this, Kata is the 2nd most winningest goalie in SHL history, he is 3rd in total games played and 4th in shutouts. In S56, he posted his best numbers and possibly one of the best played seasons by a goalie in the history of our league. In 44 games played he managed to win 34, post 9 shutouts and posted an insane .936Sv% and a goals against average of 1.647(!). Absolutely absurd numbers for a man who had at this point already played in the SHL for 13 seasons.

“Vilde is one of the most prolific goalies in the history of the league.”

“Kata is one of the most dominant goalies of all time having around double the amount of wins and shutouts as any other goalie eligible and was able to play at a high level for 18 seasons. He also had an impressive 8 award noms or wins.”

“Kata Vilde had a career for the ages. His 56% win rate over his regular season career (which spanned over an incredible 18 seasons) puts him up there as one of the all time greats. Kata has one of the most impressive goalie resumés in the history of our league and is a slam dunk for a first ballot Hall of Famer.”

Please join me in congratulating Kata Vilde @BarnabasCollins, our third and final inductee of the S64 class into the SHL Hockey Hall of Fame!

A BIG Parm Congrats to my guy @BarnabasCollins !!! Kata Vilde was one of the all-time greats to ever play the position and it was such a joy having you in Calgary all those years. Love seeing you finally get into the SHL Hall of Fame! Incredibly well deserved my friend!

Congrats to the other HOF inductees also, all very well deserved!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Congrats to everyone getting in. Playing either with or against all of them makes me feel old now.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

wooooooo

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]