Create Account

S69 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past

Hello new players!

From the Trade Deadline to the posting of the first task completable for TPE, whether that be the Interested Prospects Threads, Early Bird PT, Mock Draft, etc., DFAs will be able to complete weekly DFA Bounties. These Bounties will function practically identically to PTs, but with money instead of TPE, and will be posted in this part of the forums. By writing 250 words or completing a graphic for a certain prompt, DFAs will earn $500,000 for their bank accounts, with a cap of 4 completed bounties ($2,000,000).

Since the trade deadline was last Monday, I am pleased to bring you the first S69 DFA Bounty:
Written Task: Only the best of the best make it into the SMJHL. Junior players from all over the world come to this league in the hopes of being drafted, becoming a successful SMJHL player and continuing that success in the SHL. But we all have a history too. What is your history? Where did you play? How did you do? How did your career look so far, and what aspects of your player in their pre-SMJHL career is going to make your player succeed? (250 word min.)

Graphic Task: Pictures say more than a thousand words. Show us a pic of the young you, playing hockey. Include your player name and a render of your younger self, and at least one statline.

Reward: $500,000

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S70 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S71) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Monday February 20th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Finn is a bright and shining upcoming star from the German leagues. He started playing hockey after the likes of leon and grummy caught his eye and he wanted to shoot towards being the best of the best from the new age of German hockey players. Like most Euros, Finn has a knack for keeping the puck on his stick and being a menace for oppositions defenseman. It is terribly hard to take the puck from this guy and he has the puck on a string akin to the greats like johnny hockey and patty kane. Making it official he has officially declared for the SMJHL and is looking to scoop up a contract here soon to start his career before getting officially drafted to a team. There will be some time before he actually becomes decent enough at the SMJHL style of hockey, as it is a very different beast than the lowly German leagues this kid has been icing from his time as a young pup. Transitioning to a North American style of hockey isn't always the easiest for these big Euro stars but I have no doubt in my mind that Finn will surely be able to adapt his game and start to thrive in his later seasons in the SMJHL. From chucking bales of hay to slinging pucks into his old washing machine, this step towards his future in the SHL is surely his first biggest leap in his pro hockey carreer, but Finn is up for the challenge and excited to make that next great step in his adventure.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

My story began in the small town of Pratteln, in the Kanton of Basel-Landschaft. For those of you less familiar with Swiss geography, my hometown is just a few kilometres away from the city of Basel, and right next to the Rhein river, in the northern part of the country. As such, I was exposed to many different cultures and ways of life, being so close to both the German and French border, and with my father being employed at the Bombardier plant in our town, I also had a small interest in Canada growing up.

As a young kid, I was enamoured with sports in general, and as such, played a lot of football with my peers during the summer, and often went cross-country skiing around Mount Adlerberg in the winter. But my interest in ice hockey only started out-pacing every other sport around the age of 9, when I saw our Swiss team play in the Finals of the yearly IIHF tournament, thanks to some of my father's colleagues being huge Canadian fans of the game. That's when I first could truly appreciate the frantic pace, the physical battle, and the highly-coordinated spectacle that is the sport of ice hockey - since my hometown didn't have a team to call its own, I never could watch the game at its highest level. From that moment on, I started absorbing every little bit of knowledge I could about the game, and our most notable players - Mathias Seger (who was the coach, having already retired), FR Finn-Rhys, Mitchell van der Heijden, Cal Labovitch, Arsène Leclerc... so many amazing players in their own right. By learning more about them, I found out they all followed the same path to achieve their success - playing in the SMJHL as young men, and then graduating to the SHL - which lead me to start following the league whenever I had the chance. And as such, I was elated when I saw my country win its first ever IIHF championship 2 years later!

I pestered my father to sign me up for the U12 team of the Liestal district, and after a few months of back and forth - hockey equipment isn't cheap, he would always tell me - I convinced him by buying my first pair of skates with the allocation money he would give me for doing chores around the house, and helping out our more elderly neighbours. The moment the blades on my feet touched the ice, I could feel that this was the place I wanted to be. I had learned to be quick on my feet when playing football, since I was far from the biggest kid in school, and that quickness of movement translated very well to ice hockey. Learning how to control the puck with my stick efficiently took me much longer, however - but I was so obsessed with the sport that practising that aspect was all I could do in my free time, even ruining a part of the hardwood flooring in my room, much to the dismay of my mother. However, both of my parents saw my love for the game, and encouraged me every step of the way.

Which leads me to today. As a young 16-year-old, I made extraordinary progress from the neophyte I was only 5 years ago. I was over the moon when I was asked to represent the Kanton in the U18 national championships last year, and I was elected to the Team of the Tournament - earning high praise from the local federation as a speedy, highly-responsible two-way winger, who could puckhandle his way out of seemingly every situation. This nomination also drew some interest from overseas, and as such, I was offered to declare myself available for the upcoming SMJHL draft - and was able to secure the approval from my parents, since I'm still a minor... thanks to a concrete offer from one of the league's top teams, the Québec City Citadelles, who invited me to see if I could compete at that level of play. I'm thrilled to see how much I can learn from playing with so many promising young players, and hope dearly I can show my worth - and hopefully, secure a big enough contract that I can help repay my parents for their kindness and support in the past 8 years.

(739 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Furious Chicken was born in the Netherlands, a country where field hockey is the more popular variant of hockey. As Furious Chicken grew up he always noticed how he was one of the stronger kids in the class, and he started to play field hockey at the young age of 10. During the years he began to be a good field hockey player showing good defensive performances during the matches, but it was noticeable and to a physically strong player as Chicken a bit frustrating that he couldn’t really use his greater strength in the field variant of hockey compared to Ice Hockey he started watching with fascinating game where strength was a lot more important because for example bodychecks where part of the game. Partly because of this Chicken decided to learn how to skate, and eventually got into the youth teams of his local ice hockey team, where he went through the youth divisions always being one of the better player because of his strength, and slowly getting adapted to the ice, the different sticks, and the puck growing more and more into ice hockey. Because of this at the age of 17 he played in a friendly tournament where Chicken was the man of the tournament despite only being 17, which eventually got him a call from the SJHML to join the upcoming S70 SJHML draft which is a great way to eventually grow to become a player in the SHL the biggest ice hockey league in the world. Upon this call Chicken decided to go to the USA and get himself registered as a new prospect for this next draft, which comes with the additional benefit of being able to play in some of the final games this season for one of the SMJHL teams and showing what he could do in the youth league of the biggest ice hockey league.

(315 words)