Create Account

S69 PT #5: Everyone's a Critic February 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player Prompt

Being that Patrice came into the league with the likes of Cale Salad, Nibbles The Squirrel, and Emil Egli around him, he learned that feeding the media with angry, snarky, and snide remarks is not good because it makes a wrong impression on the team. Patrice normally ignores the critics and focuses on improving his game to help his team out, he also hangs out with his teammates after the games to improve the squad's morale. Patrice is also mentoring the new rookies that have joined an incredible group of guys this season. He has to lead by example so that when something bad happens everyone knows how to respond and react because their mentor behaves the same way. Once Bergeron gets home after a game, he plays a custom season of NHL 23 Franchise Mode where he has the SHL and SMJHL teams and rosters in the mode. This allows him to wind down from the stress of day-to-day life in the SMJHL. Patrice loves to play as the Maine Timber and the Texas Renegades because he is a prospect of the Texas Renegades and he plays for the Maine Timber. He knows his GMs would be super proud of him.

Code:
202 Words

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

ISFL Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Written Task Hockey Prompt: I think there are various ways the SHL could improve their social media presence and promote their superstars. Firstly, the SHL should encourage its players to engage more actively on social media. This could be done through incentives or training programs to help players improve their social media skills. Encouraging players to share more about their personalities, hobbies, and interests could make them more relatable to fans and help build their personal brands. Secondly, the SHL could collaborate with social media influencers or content creators to create engaging and entertaining content featuring its top players. This could include behind-the-scenes footage, player interviews, or fun challenges. By working with popular social media personalities, the NHL could attract a wider audience and reach fans who may not typically follow hockey. Finally, the SHL could use data analytics and machine learning to personalize content and promotions for fans. By analyzing fan data and preferences, the NHL could tailor content and promotions to individual fans, creating a more engaging and personalized fan experience.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

When it comes to negative comments from the press, I think that’s to be expected. No matter how good you’re playing, the negativity will come. However, when you have a bad game, get absolutely beaten and THEN there’s negative comments, that’s tough to deal with.

I try to stay away from social media and my mentions when it’s days after blowouts or poor performances because I know the internet will go crazy. Sometimes though, it’s very difficult. I try not to get caught up in it all, but I have been known to comment on some of the stuff concerning me, which usually doesn’t look good or end well, but sometimes it’s bigger than me.

There will always be critics who I feel don’t know what they’re talking about, so I just let those people talk all the stuff they want because I think their opinion is useless. When it comes from talking heads and media outlets you respect, that one is tough. But, I will be honest, that type of negative energy towards me and/or my play, I try to use that to be better next game. It’s not always easy, but it does help when you have that motivation.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

PBE affiliate

PLAYER PROMPT: As a hockey player, it’s inevitable that at some point you will be criticized by fans or the media, because of a bad performance. The best thing to do is to simply ignore it and it’s quite easy to do for my player since he has such a small social media presence and usually doesn’t even bother with reading what other people have to say. A big part of my player’s ability to brush aside criticism is that he knows before everyone else that he had a terrible game and what he did wrong during that game and that’s why it doesn’t affect him, because he already did the introspection. You can control the past, so the only thing you can do is to play better next time, and your performances are the best way to answer your critics. He also doesn’t really hold what media personality say against them when I faced them, because it would simply add unnecessary fuel to the fire and get people going which he wants to avoid.

173 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Miguel Hefeweizen does have social media, as a way to connect with fans and also his sponsors like the visibility, but he almost never goes on there personally. One of the best things he ever did was hire a social media manager to handle all that stuff for him. They take really good care of making Miguel look good while he doesn't have to spend a lot of time reading twitter or facebook. As a result, he almost never sees or hears any trash talking that goes on about it him, which is probably wonderful for his mental health. As for reporters, occasionally they ask a stupid question, but Miguel tries to take it in stride and either deflect or rephrase the question. No point in letting someone get under your skin. Social media beefs are stupid. Miguel knows when he has a bad game, and doesn't need anyone to point it out for him! He pefers to spend his time focusing on what happens on the ice, not on the internet.
174 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Grzegorz is rarely placed in front of reporters, as English is his fifth language and he is still not very good at it. When he is placed in front of reporters, Grzegorz is very polite and very kind, always happy to explain how a save might have gone wrong or what was going through his head when he made a particular positioning decision. This is true until a reporter tries to blame him for a loss. At that point, he switches to his native Polish and berates the reporter for minutes on end. He makes a game of speaking so quickly that reddit fans have a difficult time translating his rant. The more absurd and academic his rant sounds, the more twenty dollar words he can shove into a two zloty insult, the better. Particularly good-humored reporters make it a game of trying to bait these responses without seriously offending the goaltender. Bad-humored reporters tend to wish they were interviewing John Tortorella instead.

[165 words]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

You can't let every single lowlife reporter get to you, if you did you'd never get anything done in life, leave it all on the ice baby. I try not to play mad but I definitely try to play with a bit of a chip on my shoulder in order to prove those critics and reporters wrong. I've never really had a lot of reporters talk smack about my performance except at the start of my career due to the fact that Kelowna reached for me in my draft season at fourth overall, and that was something I really wanted to show everyone was the right decision, no one wants to be the Shane wright of any league, but luckily, in my opinion, that decision paid off and now I've been the captain of the team for several seasons and hopefully making a big leap into the playoffs this season! Critics shouldn't have a lot to say about me due to the fact that I leave it on the ice EVERY SEASON!

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

PBE Affiliate - user Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

PLAYER PROMPT
No one is a bigger critic of myself than me. So I already know that I played terrible. The media doesn't bother me, they are garbage people anyway. I deleted twitter long ago, but I may make some snide remarks about myself on chirper, agreeing with fans who have funny insults. That usually helps them out and feel like they accomplished something. If forced during a press conference I just give boring answers like 'yes, that wasn't my best game. I will work hard and play better.' Make sure not to give them any headline news. As a player you really can't let this kind of thing bother you, you are going to have bad games and you need to be able to have a short memory about it. I know the only ones I really need to impress are my teammates, and they know as well as I do that I can and will play much better.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Player Prompt - As something of an agitator on the ice, Lakemore is used to also being the target of verbal and written barbs off the ice. He is used to this and will occasionally engage with his critics with some verbal jabs of his own, though nothing too heavy or serious as it is near impossible to truly get under his skin. Lakemore, like virtually all professionals, is always trying to improve his game and part of that does include being able to recognize his own mistakes and improve on them, so he doesn't mind hearing others criticize his play as long as it is deserved. Though he would never admit it out loud, he does concede it is occasionally possible for the analysts and fans to actually point out some part of his game that could be improved on and it can never hurt to listen to outside voices about what went wrong with your own personal performance, so long as you can filter out the noise and drivel that constitutes most of what people have to say. (178 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

PBE Affiliate Claim

PLAYER PROMPT: Lias handles losses a lot better than he used to; he struggled for a long time with letting the bad games get into his head and it would take him a while to bounce back when his own play significantly contributed to a loss. This is his fourth full season in the SHL, and across these four seasons and the four juniors seasons that preceded them, Lias has worked pretty hard on learning to channel the frustration into something more productive, like focusing it into determination to avoid making the same mistakes again. He tries to be a voice of positivity; he's never the guy getting into it with fans on social media, and when people shoot negative comments his way on Chirper or some other platform, if he responds at all he tries to reply with something nice, something that will make the person feel bad for being such a dick to him and make them look bad in front of all the other Chirper people.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .