Create Account

Just some thoughts on the re-sim

Let me be clear, I want to start off that I agree with the re-sim. I think with the amount of TPE teams would have gained, and were expecting to gain, it really did make a difference for some teams. But, I am not really that mad about the re-sim, just more disappointed. As we know, people are emotionally tied to the teams they are on, the GM's are emotionally tied to their teams, we want to win. So, when the re-sim got announced, it means the past 48 hours of emotions were for nothing. The highs and lows we experienced as people rooting for their team, whether thats being sad that we lost, or happy that we won in overtime, it was for nothing. To then being replaces, whether its the same results like Seattle Or Montreal beating the weaker teams. Or Manhattan that went from being up 3-1 in the series to now being down 2-1. Or Buffalo who was down 3-1 but 2 games were really close in OT. To being smoked in 3 games. It comes with thoughts of, the situation sucks. It really does. Peoples points in the playoffs were taken away and could have been replaces with lesser results or better results.

I'm not really sure what the solution is. I mean, the ideal scenario is just have simmers download the right file, and not fuck up. It can be that simple right? the updaters did their job by updating. The file workers did their job by putting those updates into the sim. And it takes 1 guy that didnt download that file to cause this. For the last 48 hours of highs and lows of either winning or losing to be invalidated. because even though it is emotions of a fake hockey league, they do matter. You want your team to win, and having known that the results you were emotionally committed to, whether thats good or bad, are now gone, and replaces with an equal amount of good or bad feelings depending on how the sims went.

Idk, maybe if the file was downloaded properly this was the result it would have originally came out to be, I dont know. It just disappointing thats all. Just wanted to share some thoughts I was reflecting on the past couple of hours.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Before anyone else comments anything, I know we're all upset for various reasons, and its all valid. But let's just be careful not to go too far in our criticism of the situation. At the end of the day, wrong or right, avoidable or not, we're talking about another person who doesn't deserve a whole league coming down on them. Not that I think this is necessarily out of bounds, i'm just calling for civil discussion and thinking twice before anything.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

At the end of the day it sucks and it's frustrating to see human error make an impact like this. But also at the end of the day, human error is a thing that happens. It happened, and the HO made the decision they thought was best for the league (it's still fire lee tho). I'd probably be more upset if I was a SHL GM (if SMJHL has to resim I'm coming for acap's fucking neck), so I get it. It just sucks all around.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

I think if this was the only time it's happened people wouldn't be upset, but resims have happened multiple times now with increasing frequency over the last few seasons due to file issues following updates. What's worse is this time it wasn't caught after one sim like it usually is. I hope after this many times HO is coming up with a solution that will finally end this problem.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I agree it is very unfortunate that this happened. But let's remember why we're all here at the end of the day. We are a fun community and yeah we love chirping and jabbing at each other, but it is out of love of the community at the end of the day. We're all human, we all make mistakes, and this is not life or death, it's just a pretend hobby we all like to do for fun!

Let's just support each other and move on, there will always be another season, we will always go back to having fun and being a community that is here for each other. That's what this is about.

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

For me it sucks all the fun out of the playoffs to be honest, it kinda feels like no matter what the result is of each series they're illegitimate in a way. It sucks all around and I'm not here to offer solutions, only complain.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Lets just hope that with a resim being needed at the start of both the regular and post season of S69, we've had our fair share of them for now and can avoid needing to do them for a while.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I’d love to point out one benefit.
Having 3 games simmed in one day is amazing.  Let’s have more of these “two-day” playoff rounds.

Whether that means quick simming games until elimination games, or whatever.  Two day rounds are much more fun than three day rounds Smile

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

luke flexing in SHL Discussion instead of media cuz he's so rich

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

02-22-2023, 11:08 PMRagnar Wrote: At the end of the day it sucks and it's frustrating to see human error make an impact like this. But also at the end of the day, human error is a thing that happens. It happened, and the HO made the decision they thought was best for the league (it's still fire lee tho). I'd probably be more upset if I was a SHL GM (if SMJHL has to resim I'm coming for acap's fucking neck), so I get it. It just sucks all around.

Eh, this very much.

Not much to do besides hope they drop the ball less (or even better, not at all) but I do have to say it sucks real bad to get dropped like that, saying it as a Manhattan player.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR