Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
hi

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.
another long one
rebuild soon to be complete
bright future coming

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

1.     CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Falco

2.     Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a.     Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
I believe that a complete tear down of the team to start a rebuild, and then rebuilding it from there is more impressive in my opinion. I think this because it takes time and you play the long game but you have to be smart about it. Need to get the right picks/pieces the moment you make this decision. (59 words)

b.     Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
I do not believe that targeting one specific player because of what they can do or what they are doing is smart. I do think that a team may need to cheat some too that player, like making sure they can’t get their passes through or stopping an obvious one-timer someone always takes and gets setup for. (57 words)

c.      Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
The goalie may be on fire and sometimes it is very hard to crack someone that is playing out of their mind and standing on their head for their team, but continuing to pepper this goalie with shots is the route to take. Cannot score a goal by passing it in, need to take shots to win preferably quality ones. (60 words)

d.     As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?
I picked them from the start of the season and had them go through the playoffs with ease, but I believed that the Winnipeg Aurora are/were going to win this season. Just believed in what I said earlier, that building a team up from a rebuild is special and when they become good, no one can stop it. (58 words)

3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!
Looking back to when talking to the General Managers about what kind of player do I want to be, they mentioned that Bnana NWaffles would Center the second line. To my surprise when the lines were announced, he was centering the first line! My partners were a veteran right winger that has been on the team for a few seasons and another rookie on my left wing. We started off decently and the rookies were doing work, but then started to not produce and the lines were shuffled. When the new lines had come out, Managers announced the all-rookie line by moving Bnana and the left winger (Calavera) to the second line to be with rookie right winger Gallen I believe. The line did okay but the powerhouse teams started rolling and beating up on the rookie line. We all ended with a pretty gnarly plus-minus but as a whole did enough for the team to sneak into the playoffs! (160 words)

5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!
Oh man I did love this question last season and was able to give a pretty crazy type of arena fight between the two teams! I actually think this one is a little easier because it is not a boat fighting, but two large creatures and so it seems easier, maybe. Now I don’t know if there is a specific arena for these to fight in as they are large creatures, so I would say wherever they fight that would be their battleground, anything and everything in that area would be at risk. I think that the enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light would win easy, unless massive magma monster with a giant hammer had some kind of power. Either in the hammer or themselves. I say this because it is in the title of the light bear, it’s a god! So, I would think that like in any story or comic book told, the bear would probably have to feel out the power of the magma creature and then just overpower because it’s a bear and they are crazy strong and two, they are a god…not sure if I mentioned that. (195 words)

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

MILESTONES LINK

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]