Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

PT director pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:18 PM by JamesT. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Jammin

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

a. For me the more impressive accomplishment would be Winnipeg's full re-build tactic, as it's very impressive to go from being on the bottom dwelling teams to one of the top teams in the league and now they are finally in the cup finals and have the chance to capture the prize that every SHLer is aspiring for and that is to capture the challenge cup. 

(65 words)

b. Mikko Rashford has had an unbelievable season and in the playoffs has emerged as one of the stars of the SHL. As a fellow S62 draft classmate of Rashford, I have seen first hand how dominate he can be. I would do everything in my power to make Rashford's life miserable in the finals. 

(54 words)

c. BASE PACK has been a tremendous back bone for Philly's magical run these playoffs. With FHM, we have seen how goalies can either be hot as a volcano in the playoffs or cold as ice. Luckily for Philly, BASE PACK has been hot as fire and for Winnipeg they just need to keep firing shots against them and hope for the best. You can't score goals if you're not shooting the puck right? 

(73 words)

d. Going into S69 I believe the cup favourites were either Seattle or Winnipeg and since Seattle is out now, Winnipeg is the favourite to win the cup. I also had Winnipeg winning the cup in my playoff predictions so for my TPE sake please Winnipeg win the cup. Comparing the two rosters, Winnipeg has the best roster TPE wise (in fact WPG leads the league in TPE for forwards, defense and goalies).  Philly is ranked 5th overall TPE wise so that alone I will give the edge to Winnipeg to win the cup this season.

(95 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

Ben Jammin this season got to be on the top D pair along with Adelie de Pengu as Chicago stacked their top two D-men to go against the opposing team's top line (although from what I have seen, a lot of teams were playing their top line as their 2nd line). This was the first time these two defensemen would be paired up together and Pengu got to see a career year in the regular season. Pengu finished with 24 goals, 37 assists which got him 61 points. That is very impressive for a defensemen because as most of us have seen, getting points as a D-man is a daunting task. The forwards that I got to play with this season were Kev Kevens on the left wing, Dave Heinrich in Center and Melvin Majestik-Moose on the right wing. The biggest breakout performance had to be Melvin as they had a career year as well. Melvin exploded this regular season with 41 goals, 63 assists finishing with 104 points. Second in points this season for Chicago was fellow linemate Dave Heinrich with 31 goals, 62 assists for 92 points. Kev Kevens finished with 36 goals, 47 assists and 83 points even though he is deep into regression.

(207 words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

For Ben Jammin's young career he luckily has been able to make the playoffs every season (dating back to his time in the J with the Kelowna Knights). Ever since joining the Chicago Syndicate he has seen time in the post-season. However, there were two seasons where Chicago saw themselves being eliminated in the 1st round and both of them were to the same team which was the New Orleans Specters. This has been a long rivalry with our Central division opposition as NOLA vs CHI has become a common matchup in recent playoff history. In S67 NOLA was able to edge us out in 7 games and this season they were able to do the same as we lost in 7 games. What makes this season hurt more was due to the re-sim that took place, because prior the the re-sim we were up 3-1 against NOLA and could see ourselves going up against WPG in the 2nd round. However, after the games needed to be re-simmed the games ultimately went to NOLA in 7. That took the soul out of our locker room, but what can you do. We will use this as fuel and motiviation to come back stronger in S70 and exact our revenge on the rest of the league. 

(214 words)

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones claim

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

My prediction for S69 IIHF will be that Finland or Sweden will be the gold medal winners. Finland has an amazingly deep roster which has little to no weaknesses (same goes to team Sweden). For myself, I will be playing and representing team Canada once again. Going into this season I will be the top TPE defensemen as we are getting quite old in Canada and I will need to take on more responsibility on and off of the ice, Unfortunately, I don't see us making it into a medal game but it's always great to see other friends around the league and get to represent your home country. It's also a fun time to interact with players outside of your SHL team and it's basically like having a 2nd team to play for during your SHL career. For Ben Jammin, I hope he isn't a giveaway machine and a liability while out on the ice. If he can do those things, then this IIHF will be considered a success in my books. 

(173 words)

Total: 19/16 TPE (in case Trivia was wrong)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

cw pass

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

GM Pass

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 02:00 AM by efischermann.)

GM CW Pass

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

CW pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

CW pass

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

GM Pass
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 02:47 PM by vbottas17. Edited 13 times in total.)

Affiliate PT (PBE - islcey) - (+3 TPE):
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=557926

‐-------‐----------------------------------

Task #1 - Trivia (+3 TPE)  - Verification word: Mavs

--------------------------------------------

Task #2 - Grab Bag (+4 TPE)

a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?

This one's tough as both teams have done an incredible job adding the right players to their rosters to be in such a great position. I'm going ro have to lean towards Philadelphia as the team truly was built from nothing into a Challenge Cup contending team. Having elite players such as BASE PACK and Connor Snooks has been instrumental in getting the team to where they are today.

b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?

Winnipeg has such a complete roster that I don't think that you can focus on one particular player. Philadelphia is an elite team as well and should focus on playing their defensive system and preventing scoring opportunities. Players such as Noel Blanchet and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarson will make Philadelphia pay if they are focused on defending individuals instead of focusing on the brand of hockey that has got them to this point.

c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?

BASE PACK is one of the brightest stars in the SHL and has proven it this postseason by being an absolute diamond in net for Philadelphia.  Leading into the season, there were some people who knocked BASE PACK's game. They would say that his centering was off, he always showed the same patterns, it seemed like he was rough on the edges, there may even be some dinged corners in his game.. I think that Philadelphia's run has proven the doubters wrong.

d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

This is a tough one for me. Both teams have multiple players that I have a ton of respect for. Noel Blanchet, Lias Ekholm-Gunnarson, BASE PACK, & Connor Snooks just to name a few. I'm going with Philadelphia as I would love to see sloth & Aleris win a championship. They could also be viewed as a bit of an underdog as they weren't really viewed among the elite championship contenders such as Atlanta, Seattle, & Winnipeg heading into the season. Either way, both teams would represent the league well as champions.

------------------------------------------------

Task #7 - Milestones (+3 TPE): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3330359

‐------------------------------------------------

Task #17. Water Logged (+3 TPE)

The ocean wants a voice! If you had to make an IIHF hockey team out of ocean critters, which ones would be the best for a hockey team and why? Build your team with the intent to win! You aren't just there for fun! I want a tactical analysis of the ice hockey ability of sea creatures!

My first line is going to consist of Orcas. They're great at working as a team and I have to believe they would be have instant chemistry. Orca's are highly intelligent, I don't think a lot of people realize just how smart they are. My second line is going to consist of a penguin, a puffin, & a sea lion. Penguins are naturals on ice, Puffins can fly and I feel that the Puffin would have good chemistry with the Penguin. With the first two not being the biggest players available, I feel that the Sea Lion will protect the two stars and be a huge presence in from of the net. Sea Lions are more agile in the water than a lot of people realize, you have to believe that would translate onto the ice. My third line is going to be the shark line, a Great White, a Mako, and a Thresher. This line has a ton of speed and really plays with an edge. Other teams would be scared **itless whenever the puck was dumped into the corner, can you imagine a Great White charging in at you? The Mako will be the fastest player on the ice, and I feel that the Threshers tail could come into play at some point. Our defense is kind of weird... it's a bunch of bait fish circling to prevent the other teams from setting up their offense. In net is a Blue Whale for obvious reasons.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 05:13 PM by Evil_AllBran. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

ITSMEEEE

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Commemorative Puck

Your fans want a keepsake! Design a puck that commemorates your teams' season 69! Include a slogan that encompasses how it went.

LINK

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Be Real

I'm a young person and I love being young and therefore I stay in touch with all the hot new technology (because I am young). I did not recently learn what Be Real is, I've known for a long time because of how young I am. That being said, show me what a typical Be Real post from your player would look like!

LINK

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Oscar Nomination

The Oscars are coming up soon! What a perfect time for you to photoshop your player into an Oscar nominated film! That's the whole task! Go wild with it!

LINK

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, Memeing Like It's 2008

Make a mid-2000's style advice animal meme that describes your teams' season results. I really can't get any more specific than that. This one's pretty loose. Also don't try to sneak in some new meme format. I'll know.

LINK

Code:
19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!

Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats!

LINK

16/16 TPE

+3 from milestones in case I messed up any of the other prompts

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Cw pass baby

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

GM pass

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

SMJHL GM CW pass

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:35 PM by Salming. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Borje

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

I have Winnipeg to win whole thing. Why? It was my pre-season prediction and I stick to it. During past seasons they have got important experience about playoffs and finally this year is time to go all the way. Unfortunately they dropped us from the contention in G7 and triple OT which just showed that Aurora is now ready to win finally. They learned from previous playoffs defeats and don't make silly mistakes anymore.

Words: 74

3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

William Salming played a whole season together with superstar center Max Manning and captain Vaseline Podcalzone. They have developed a great chemistry because they played together already on last year when Seattle won back-to-back championship. Salming is familiar to play as Podcalzone's winger partner also on previous seasons than last two. We work well together because everyone has a clear role. Manning is the goal-scorer and play-driver on the middle lane. Vaseline is a power forward who can hit, win puck battles, score and pass. He does everything. And my job is to move the puck quickly to those two and make sure our structure stays compact. I am pass-first guy and a two-way winger. I think more defensive-minded than my line mates and that's why they are part of top PP unit and I play on top PK unit. Manning and I had plus-minus rating of +52 this season and Podcalzone +34. Last year our plus-minuses were between +46 and +51 so you could say that past two seasons our 5v5 game is about +100. That is a good number.

Words: 180

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

+3 TPE - S69 Milestones

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

Like always, I expect big nations to succeed. Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia and USA are powerhouses which should dominate IIHF event year after year because hockey culture is there something else than in for example in Japan, Great Britain, Ireland, Austria, Norway or Latvia. Finland and Germany dominated round robin last year and I expect them to have now even more success in the playoffs too. I also expect that Germany's hockey will continue its rising season after season even though last year they were already in a bronze medal game and on the other hand success of other rising hockey nation Norway was a positive surprise. Germany is lead in the attack by Steve Harrington who is a good hockey player as are defenders Jonas Kahnwald, Kermit Murphy and Dee Centerman IV. From Nordic countries I expect that Finland will again strong this year because goalie tandem Smith-Carpet is elite and they have good forward group. They are ready to win again like on season 62 and S64 and S66. When it comes to Russia, I expect the same. They are way too big hockey nation to underperform again which means everything lower than achieving a gold medal.

Words: 199

16. Written, 3 TPE, Rivalries (150 words min.)
Which SHL IIHF teams do you think have the best or longest running rivalries? Which teams does your country have a rivalry with? Why? Is it because you're both in contention to win all the time? Is it because you're both always duking it out at the bottom of the standings? How did this rivalry come to be?

For me it is hard to know best rivalries in the SHL. Probably Seattle vs. Manhattan is one because they played against each other on last two SHL finals on S67 and S68. Those were epic thrillers. Chicago vs. Texas is also match-up which is familiar from recent years. Usually you need to have multiple playoff series against same opponent to develop a rivalry. Only regular season games don't do it. There needs to be more stakes on the table. Hamilton vs. Buffalo is third rivalry which comes to my mind from the North East Division. In the international stage, Finland vs. Sweden is a classic. It was a real pain to lose Sweden last season in the gold medal game at the home ice in Tampere. Gutsy win from Sverige. Canada versus USA is always interesting match-up like Canada-Russia too because those teams have best talent pools in the global universum. Games between smaller nations unfortunately aren't so interesting that people would pay to see them but matches between five big hockey nations are always special.

Words: 177

[Image: salming.png]

GM CW Pass

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]