Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

GM CW Pass

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 02:11 PM by Leafs4ever. Edited 2 times in total.)

CW Pass

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

CW Pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

GM PT PASS HYPE

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer
Champ

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Pending

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Grievous forever
where a little, cold ghost floats
whilst watching the ice

It me being sad and watching the playoffs from the outside

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 11:44 AM by Chevy.)

HO CW Pass

CW Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

HO pass

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 08:02 PM by thiefofcheese. Edited 7 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

cheese

+3 TPE

Code:
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?

While both are very impressive, I like the expansion draft play here.  These are opportunities that are not generally available to GMs so you have got to think through it and play your cards right.   Philadelphia seems to have taken that to heart and really put in the work to build a solid team.

+1 TPE

Code:
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?

I think a good strategy here would be to protect the crease carefully and not make it all about 1 player.   The whole team is there for a reason and we see players that do not generally sit at the top of the scoresheet have huge games in these circumstances.   Play the basics and keep it in the offensive zone and let your team do the work.

+1 TPE
Code:
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?

This is a tough one - championships are won by goalies that catch fire at the right time and can really tip the scales for their team.   That being said - it is ALWAYS a good idea to constantly put pucks at net.   Even if Base Pack can manage a 95% save then you gotta put up 100 shots to get those 5 goals.   Just do it!

+1 TPE

Code:
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

I have my money on Philadelphia for this final.   THey have been unstoppable all season and really have shown that they have a deep bench and can win a lot of games.   Not to say that Winnepeg doesn't have a chance here because they are good too, but I think smart money is on WIN.

+1 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

I am terrible at paying attention to who is on what line as we do see some mixups from time to time.  Looks like I finished the season on the 3rd line with Elric, Svoboda, Samuelsson, and O'Slapahan.  I am going to go out on a limb here and say we do pretty well together 107 goals with a +136 +/- so I do not think I can complain much there.    I hope to continue to climb the lines though and think I will be putting in 1st line minutes in S70 so we will see if that works for or against me.  Hoping that more power play time will turn into more total points and help climb that fantasy ranking.  Though honestly, New England is a very deep team and I do not think we have any "weak" lines.  We have 2 people coming up for their rookie season next year and hopefully we will get them on some rookie leader boards as well.

+3 TPE

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

MILESTONE LINK WILL BE POSTED HERE

+3 TPE - Milestones

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Startup (150 words min.)
Some out-of-their-mind venture capitalist gave you an insane amount of money to start your own hockey related business. What is it, and why do you want to start it? What need does it address? Does anything else like it exist? As a graphic option, create a very corporate looking power-point slide that pitches your busines to hyper business minded people.

Anyone offering me an insane amount of money to start something definitely has more dollars than sense.  But I will play this game a bit.  I am sure a lot of people will have these grand ideas that really help bring sport forward or something, but in my usual fashion, I am going to make it about cheese.  Now I have not fully baked (!) this idea yet so not sure if it will make any money but hear me out - a cheese brand named "Top Cheese" and come up with a crazy slogan like the old "Got Milk" ads.  I will have Ovechkin on a billboard with a wedge of some quality gouda and some cheesy (!) tag line like "Say Cheese!" or something.  We all remember the "Got Milk" ads from decades ago so the goal of awareness will surely stick.  How about McDavid eating some cheese curds on the digital banner in Edmonton airport?  Who won't want to go get some then? 

+3 TPE

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

CW Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

GM Pass

[Image: Wally.png]

GM CW Pass

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

CW pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

CW Pass