Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

CW pass

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

HO CW pass

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Fileworker CW Pass

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2023, 06:04 PM by Lumosityfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Affiliate Claim for 3 TPE
+3 TPE - S69 Milestones

Total TPE for S69 CW: 6
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 06:15 PM by WithTheMoose. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

penguin

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3

. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

a. I fully believe that Winnipeg's rebuild has been more impressive than Philadelphia's. Not only has Winnipeg managed to put together a stronger overall roster than Philadelphia, they had to start from absolute scratch in which they didn't even have a ton of GM options to begin with. Philadelphia at least had the expansion draft that gave them some legs to stand on initially.

b. I think Philadelphia has to go after Mikko Rashford to have any chance of winning this series. Sure the goal scorers might find points on their own here and there, but there are plenty of sayings about cutting off the hand that feeds them so to speak. You cut off Rashford and I think Winnipeg's scorers have a much more difficult time finding an open net.

c. In recent seasons, having an absolutely dominant goalie like Seattle's Willie Miller really has made the difference in not only the playoffs, but the finals specifically. Willie has proven historically that you can take a ton of shots and still be efficient in the net. I feel like BASE PACK may be cut from the same cloth and I don't see them running him ragged anytime in the near future. Winnipeg will need to keep setting up creative opportunities if they want to score against this team.

d. My pick here would have absolutely been Winnipeg. I strongly believe they've put together a stronger roster and they were one of the favorites all season long. Meanwhile Philadelphia probably shouldn't have even gotten here, but had a bit of luck go their way. At this point though the series has been played and Philly took it home, so congrats to them. Its a shame that sometimes the better roster falls in the sim!

3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

I absolutely loved my linemates this season! I adore each and every one of them and it started off with my fellow defenseman, Ben Jammin who for most of the season had the best plus minus of any DMan this season. It was largely due to his efforts helping out near the net that we put together such an electric attack that allowed Pengu to get involved on the offense. Which brings in Dave Heinrich, the line's fantastic center. He was in the top five in assists this season, putting in a ton of work feeding both Moose and Pengu and really letting the offense run through him. Speaking of Moose, he landed seventh in goals and fifth in overall scoring as he really did it all on offense. He could close out the layups and distribute when needed. It was really their efforts that let me, Pengu, have the best season he's had in the SHL so far as he led all DMan in scoring despite not even being top 10 in shots. They set him up to be the best penguin he could be and that is the definition of chemistry.

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

I think you absolutely see Sweden run it back in this season's IIHF tournament. For a long while Sweden was cursed as they consistently had one of the best rosters in the IIHF, consistently dominated the round robin, and then consistently got dropped in the first round of the tournament by teams that weren't nearly as talented as they were on the ice. This past season though they finally got everything to fall into place and took home the gold. The core of that gold medal team has returned and there are a few young talents being called up that should only make this Sweden team stronger. I expect to see another fairly dominant showing in the round robin. Perhaps another undefeated round would be fun, but we would have to close it out this time! Otherwise I'd settle for a loss or two if it means another gold run! Pengu had his first run on first line in Sweden last season and he made a few clutch plays in the medal rounds after being invisible in the round robin. I expect him to be even better this season and really make his homeland proud! Go Sweden, back to back golds!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2023, 12:02 AM by SimmiZ. Edited 2 times in total.)

Task 1: 3 TPE
Task 7: 3 TPE
Task 6: 2 TPE
Task 21: 3 TPE
Task 22: 2 TPE
Task affiliate: 3 TPE

Total: 16 TPE

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post. For 3 TPE

Confirmation Word: Miz

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total. For 3 TPE

Milestone

6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again. For 2 TPE

It all started wrong
Then got traded to Maine
Now doing way worst

21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Startup (150 words min.)
Some out-of-their-mind venture capitalist gave you an insane amount of money to start your own hockey related business. What is it, and why do you want to start it? What need does it address? Does anything else like it exist? As a graphic option, create a very corporate looking power-point slide that pitches your busines to hyper business minded people. For 3 TPE

We received this amount of money to create something that has never been done before, the V.O.I.R (Virtual On Ice Replay). Its a new system that will be really useful for coaches, and players that want to correct mistakes, and be better in general. Its use will be simple, download your latest game tape on the VR system, choose the sequence you want to replay, and put the VR on your head, and voila! Now you can litteraly replay the sequence you want to improve. As an example, a goalie could want to replay a part where he has given a bad rebound, now with V.O.I.R, he can try to block this shot over and over again, and figure out a way to not give that rebound. This system will be useful for everyone, and I think every professional teams will gladly pay for a system with a precision like this. We will have no problem making money with V.O.I.R.

166 words

22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive. For 2 TPE

It has bot happen yet, but knowing it will, fill me with joy and excitement. 22th april, one of my closest friend will get married, and all my friends from college will be there. Its been since 2018 that we didnt had the chance to be all the gang together, as we live pretty far away from each other, and have families now. We had to cancel a big project that we had because of covid in 2020, so that didnt help either.
It will be like good old time, with no kids, that will be a step back into the past, abd should be a very fun weekend.

109 words

Affiliate for 3 TPE

ISFL affiliate

GM CW pass

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:30 PM by steveoiscool. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. sven

6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights (5 words min.)

Season went alright
Resim brought us down early
Shame, robbed of the cup

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Philadelphia won the cup, and while it was nice to see two new teams in the finals (no more SEAMAN) it was really difficult to watch knowing that we were up on Philly 3-1 before the resim. I know it's nothing but salt so it's not good form, but I'll always be salty about it. MAN had really tried hard to get that one more win we needed from the last two seasons to lift the cup, and to know we were well on our way to beating the team that won it all kinda sucks. But it is what it is.

+3 TPE - Milestones

10/16

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 02:10 PM by CementHands. Edited 6 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Pickles

3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?

I think that an expansion is one of the harder things in this league to pull off and the Forge had the more difficult path. Teams build through a rebuild all the time, it’s part of the cycle. To create an expansion team you have to pick through scraps, and try to convince people to stick it out. Older players will almost guaranteed not have a real shot to win in their career. - 73 Words

Code:
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?

Let Rashford take the shot. Partly because I like him, but he’s an assist king. Unless these are all rebounds of expertly placed shots, I think the way to go is trust the goalie and take that pass option away. You and everyone else in the world know he’s looking to make that pass, so make it hard. - 58 Words
Code:
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?

I think he’s on fire. Base Pack truly transformed into Premium pack in these playoffs. I think any chance of him being tired is out of the window with the rest that Philadelphia has had before the final round. You need some other way to get Pack off of his game – maybe a lot of contact? - 56 Words

Code:
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

So I will answer from my opinions before the finals was played out, and the answer is Winnipeg. They just seemed to be too strong and I was expecting the Philly curse every step of the way. Now I’m pretty happy with the fallout, being a prospect of a winning team it looks like it is going to be a pretty strong environment to go into. - 66 Words

4 TPE

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

Setting Career Highs

Failing Ultimate Cup Quest

Sadness, Depression

2 TPE

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestone Link

3 TPE

Code:
20. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Seige Engine (150 words min.)
We all know what a siege engine is, and we all have a favourite one! If you had to design a seige engine based on your team's branding, what would it be? What would that seige weapon do? What would it look like? What are its advantages? As a graphic option, you can depict what it would look like in action!

The Forge Engine™ will have a massive molten slag oven that will be able to heat up scrap pieces of metal and attack them to boulders, which will then be flung at the enemy with amazing velocity and impact. Depending on what material you use in the oven, you can design several different types of projectiles. For example, let the ball cool for an absolute solid punch through a wall. Leave it on fire for that perfect cinematic shot. Have loosely attached metal so that it can spread after impact, lighting everything within reach on fire!
One of the absolute benefits of having it set up this way is the changeability of the machine depending on the situation. You can have different projectiles for any situation. On the front you have a grill shaped like a demon with pointed teeth and the Jack-O-Lantern effect gives off a horrifying visage because after all these are siege engines, so anyone seeing their front will be under siege. Break out that psychological warfare and defeat your opponents in 5 volleys or you get one free!

183 Words

3 TPE

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

This last weekend I went on a road trip with my wife to the last city we lived in. We were fortunate enough to see a lot of friends, some who we have not seen in over 3 years due to covid lockdowns and restrictions. We got to see the city we left, re affirm that we were quite happy to be where we were now, but also agree that we missed friends and friendships are very important.
I do not know where life will take me, or how long I will have, but I will cherish these memories with people who I enjoy being around. Well worth the 14 hours of driving.

113 Words

2 TPE

17/16 TPE

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

A: Each gives you a different perspective and challenge. With Expansion, you don't fully know what you are going to get. But odds are that you'll find some developed talent to pull in. Still have to create a brand and identity, but that is a small problem. Full teardowns come with the caveat that you'll probably only have one or two guys to build around. Both start from little and build, both are equally impressive.

B: Game plan can be simple. Clog the passing lanes and try to keep them to the outside. Rash is gonna pass so even the goalie knows. Anything that gets through can be read ahead of time. Additionally keep the shooters out of the high danger areas will reduce their effectiveness.

C: Base seems to be on top of it all. However if you can get any goalie to move side to side or laterally, you'll make it harder for them to both be set for the shooter and have time to read their incoming shot. smart, quick passing plays that catch them moving is best. Wont be easy as any good defence will do their best to not let you get any good looks.

D: My money would have been on Winnipeg. Simply they have had more than just this season on top and made a deep playoff run last season. Not saying that its a guarantee. But they just seem to have learned more of those hard lessons young teams have to by losing out before getting over the hump. That said, Philly is no pushover making this a tight, fun series coming up.

3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

@Hoovuh George Walsh is a wild ride man. He has his set day plan and goes about it. Only really ever eats Teriyaki Chicken and Fried Rice. To be honest, no clue if he loves it or hates it. On the ice he gets it done. In position, square to the shooter, not afraid to come out and meet them. Lucky too of course, luck of the Irish and all that but you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good. His sense of humour is solid, but August is one to talk being German. We probably get along due to the copious amount of beer August drinks before every game after shutting out Nevada. Past that, neither of us do too much. Especially on the road. Walshy eats his food, Hecht drinks a two four, and they flip through channels on the tube. It isn't much, but goalies are crazy.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

Full, creative control. Alright. My god, it would be one hell of an interstellar fight i promise you that. OKay, i know on face value this seems like it should be one sided. A God Bear made of Light......How do you fight that? Give the Giant hammer similar powers to Thor's hammer Mjölnir. Magical and can hit ANY type of matter due to the shear strength of our Magma Monster. Don't forget, these two titans are almost the size of celestial bodies! The Bear's claws are each made of different types, and therefore colours, of light. Means some of these should be able to cut our Magma Monster in spite of the heat generated. Who would win? Not a clue. I did not design this fight to have an end, only to outline how it could even be one. Now that we know that. Imagine the insanity that would be witnessing such a battle. You'd die as a mere mortal, watching.

8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Commemorative Puck
Your fans want a keepsake! Design a puck that commemorates your teams' season 69! Include a slogan that encompasses how it went.

[Image: tEyC4Nk.png]

9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Hotel Hangout
Show me a scene of your player hanging out with your road trip hotel roommate. Who do you usually bunk with? What do you two get up to unwind before a game?

[Image: 7uiNMlF.png]

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

GM Pass

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 12:52 PM by bluesfan55. Edited 1 time in total.)

as someone who was a part of the forge's rise up the standings, i am going to go biased and say expansion draft. while a full scale teardown is 100% impressive, they had players to start with. philly did not and built a good team from the get go, which i think is even more impressive rather than a slow build up the rankings. (64 words)

obviously i shut down rashford. shutting down the playmaker of the line means that his linemates, the finishers, won't have the necessary feeds to be able to, well, finish. you may have a good shot but you need someone to feed you while wide open to utilize that shot, and if you take the passer out of the equation, they'll be taking high-volume shots from low threat areas. (68 words)

base pack is just en fuego my hombres. philly has been able to rotate the goalies with great success, and having the fresher base pack available with those numbers is a massive boon for the forge. i don't think he's exhausted; he's just played less games, so he has more left in the tank. (54 words)

i am writing this late but i would have gone for the forge anyways. they're a team i know quite well from my time playing there and i knew that they were 100% going to have the personnel required to win the cup. winnipeg is a good team but i was always gonna favor philly - i simply think they're run better and have the better team overall (and i was RIGHT). (71 words)
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

it has been a long time since i was on a team that missed the shl playoffs. if i am remembering correctly, the last time i missed the playoffs was when mitchell van der heijden and the s55 new england wolfpack missed the playoffs back in the old fhm 6 days. i remember not really caring. sure, i'd just been traded (at my request, but still a massive shock because i found out right after we won the cup) by the specters to new england (a team i probably would have joined in free agency because i had no intent of remaining a specter after my contract ended), but the wolfpack were in a rebuild phase and making the playoffs was out of the question. i was there to be one of the younger guys, get decent minutes, and show my worth to the team and the league. sure, i handled my eventual exit from the team incredibly immaturely, but i remember (if i am remembering correctly) handling missing the yoffs pretty well. (173 words)

+3 TPE - milestones

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator! Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Is it exciting to have two completely new teams meet in the finals? What did you like or not like about this season?

i was very happy to see the steelhawks make the playoffs again (they are my team, after all) but no one expected us to make a deep run so i was stoked to see us make it while still in our rebuild. the thing about the playoffs that made me the happiest, though, was seeing my old team in the philadelphia forge win the cup. i'm still close with a lot of folks on the forge roster, and i know how hard they've worked to not only get out of the first round, but make a deep run into the playoffs. seeing them win it all, and the unbridled joy in that locker room, is something that i'm super happy i got to witness, because they're a great group of dudes who deserve it. (134 words)

22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Happiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

i started college last year (am currently a freshman at the great institution known as rutgers university go scarlet knights woo), which has honestly been pretty fun so far. i could say a lot of stuff about enjoying rutgers (watching us actually win basketball games, frat stuff which has been pretty fun and chill so far, academic success which has been awesome but honestly par for the course with how most of my classes have been), but i'd say the best part has been meeting new people and making a lot of new friends (most of them from north jersey but some from out of state). getting to spend time with them over the fall semester and currently during the spring semester has produced some of the best memories of my life so far, and i'm super happy about that and excited for the next three years on the banks of the old raritan. (154 words)

6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

we made the playoffs
detroit kicked our fucking ass
now i am at home

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 03:26 PM by Lazyeye. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Verification word: Pop

2b. When there is a hot playmaker for a team, I think its wise to pressure the passer. When pressured, people tend to make mistakes and rush passes causing turnovers. Mikko has shown he is always thinking pass first, so being able to disrupt that train of thought and have him worry about simply not turning the puck over will help negate Winnipegs offense -63 Words

2C. Simply put, hot goalies win playoffs. Base pack has shown that coming into these finals that is his the hot goalie this year and he is not slowing down. I don't think this is a vector of exploitation but something the Winnipeg offense is going to have to solve. Hopefully getting a few goals will expose Heat pack's weak spots, but its going to be a tall task to find those for the Aurora - 74 words

3. My defensive partner for most of the season was Dusty Wilson. This is actually the second year we have played together and started to mesh really well this season. We both are focused on the defensive side of the game, but in different aspects. Wilson is much more physical, while Metzller uses smarts and positioning to block shots or create giveaways. Their two defensive playstyles mesh really well as the 2nd line pairing and saw both defensemen have great years this year for the knights. Both defensemen were able to break 25 pts while having over 120 takeways combined. Rikaad and Dusty look to build upon their chemistry going into next year with the Knights top pairing moving on to the SHL. Both being able to uncap to 425 TPE will allow the two to mesh even more planning around each other's weaknesses and hopefully backstop a very successfully 3rd year in juniors. -153 words

We Made the Playoffs
Only to get swept round two
It was a sad day

7. +3 Milestones

8. [Image: ZlmSCRb.png]

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 11:12 PM by vic03. Edited 1 time in total.)

1- Smokey

2a- I don’t think either team's road could be considered harder than the others because they are two different scenarios. If i had to pick one I would say a rebuild because you’re mostly picking from players already in the SHL who aren’t that great instead of being able to build up your own prospects, but even then you still get to build your own prospects as well.

2b- Mikko Rashford can’t be stopped, he is an absolute stud. Take this from someone who played wi th him on the 3 time 4-star cup winning Zerks, you have to try and stop the goalscorers because if you try to stop Rashford it wont work. I honestly don’t even know who else is on the Aurora but they’re probably easier to stop than Rashford

2c- 500 saves in 17 shows that he is on fire, and 500 in 17 is about 30 per game so its not like he should be super tired. I don’t think there is a weakness to exploit because I don’t think it is too many to be giving up per game, its more he’s saving more than he probably should be. It’s going to be hard for the Aurora to get past him but with what happened to Brick Wall in Montreal’s second round, who knows with FHM

2d- Honestly I’m going to go with the Aurora, strictly because I really want Rashford to win the challenge cup. I love that man and he deserves it. I really don’t know anything about either team or who is favored. I’m going to guess a 4-2 win for the Aurora, thats my final prediction. I wouldn’t bet on anything though i know nothing.

Still on the third line
Set a new point total though
Lost in second round :(

I honestly know nothing about any other IIHF team besides Latvia so that is all I’m going to write about. Im not too confident that we’re going to get out of the group. We’ve been building and building but the thing is not many people want to play with Latvia, because not many people on the site are actually Latvian, and since we arent the best, people don’t come to play with us randomly. I chose Latvia because I wanted to help us build something special, we need more people to come in with that mindset to be able to finally move past the hurdle we have right now. I have to expect failure again with us which is sad but I will never lose faith in Latvia, when I recreate i’ll probably come back to them again because im not going to leave them until we win a gold. Currently though? Im probably expecting a last place or close to last place finish sadly

18. I don’t think many people were expecting the Forge to win, they weren’t a complete upset but I think other teams were expected to take that spot. Honestly, as a Patriote i’m completely disappointed that we lost in the second round, and I gotta say we got FHM’ed out. We deserved way more than what we got, but I digress, this isn’t about Montreal its about Philly and Winnipeg. People were probably expecting the Aurora to win because they had the most points in the regular season, but Philly pulled an upset and took the challenge cup. A good surprise but I don’t think its a super big one that no one saw coming. Justice for Montreal though!!

I’ve been having a fairly fun time in life right now, me and the boys partying every thursday and friday night and thats always a great time to be able to spend together. We went to my roommates Frat party friday and, while i was absolutely blasted and dont really remember what happened, I do remember it was a really fun time we all had together. Spring break is coming up so it’s going to be a lot of drinking before we all head our separate ways for the week, so i’m looking forward to what shenanigans we get ourselves into, and as long as no one ends up in the hospital or jail, we’ll be having a great time(honestly even if one of us does end up in those places itll still be fun)

In case anything went wrong with my counting I also have 
+3 for “milestones” 
(Ik I probably don’t these don’t count if all my other 16 are good I just want them just in case)

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 08:18 AM by Crunk. Edited 3 times in total.)

ISFL Affiliate +3

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Water Logged (150 words min.)
The ocean wants a voice! If you had to make an IIHF hockey team out of ocean critters, which ones would be the best for a hockey team and why? Build your team with the intent to win! You aren't just there for fun! I want a tactical analysis of the ice hockey ability of sea creatures!

Goalie - Blue Whale

This is a pretty easy one. Lay that bad boy in front of the goal and you just made it impossible for anyone to score, ever. Hell, good luck dumping the puck off. That bad boy is gonna be wedged between those walls, and he plays angry.

Defensemen - Seals

Seals are big and tough and intimidating and given that we aren't going to be conceding any goals anyway, let's get two of these absolute crushers to slide around hitting people. Absolute carnage - how hockey was meant to be played.

Center - Dolphin

Speed, agility and most of all intelligence make the dolphin a perfect candidate to fill the center spot. Their smarts in particular mean they should be able to read the play a mile off.

Wings - Octopuses

You want slipperiness and puck handling in your wingers, right? Well you don't get much more slippery than an octopus and I can only imagine the tricks you could pull off with 8 arms. Getcha popcorn ready.

+3

Code:

Verification Word: True

+3

Code:

MILESTONES

+3

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)

Krunk took shots often
Sometimes they even scored goals
He should play top line

+2

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)

I'm going personal here, but...the thing I have done that I feel most positive about recently is change my relationship with alcohol. Having gone way too hard at Christmas, I quit drinking for a month. I'm not the worst - I only drink at weekends - but I can, and do, drink a lot when I'm on it. I found all these extra hours in the week - Saturday mornings were no longer a write off - and I just started feeling a bit happier. I drink a little bit now, but I haven't got close to what I was doing, and I don't really want to go back. Positive changes are easy, just... start.

+2

[Image: crunksig2.png]