Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #1 - Regina's draft
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2023, 03:20 PM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: Regina-min.png]

In this deep dive, I am going to be looking at the Regina Elk's Season 70 SMJHL Draft. What players did they bring in? Where are they going to fit? Well, let's take a look!

With the 5th Overall Pick, the Regina Elk select.... Right Wing  Just-to-Buy My-Love
This was a pretty obvious pick for the Elk as they were always going to take JURT here. What can you expect from My-Love? He is definitely going to be a max earner who has really taken a liking to defense. He has gone checking, defensive read, as well as bringing up a lot of things that will help him on the defensive side of the ice. I could see him slotting in on either the top line or 2nd line, so this is going to be a huge win for the Elk as they can bring in a max earning wing with their first pick.

With the 15th Overall Pick, the Regina Elk select ... Left Wing Mercedes Baylé
It was somewhat known that Regina was between JURT and this user with their first pick, so to be able to take them 10 picks later was a no doubter for the team. They even traded up to get Baylé on the team. What can you expect from Baylé? Well, this is going to be a scorer. She is going to be someone that puts the puck in the net a lot. I think defensively, she may be a little bit of a liability, but that will come as she develops in the SMJHL. I have a lot to prove as I thought I was a top 10 pick, so all the other teams are going to be upset they didn't take me.

With the 32nd Overall Pick, the Regina Elk select ... Goalie Ally Mathieson
Regina needed a goalie this draft as the only other goalie on the roster was André Santiago who is inactive, so they bring in a goalie here in Mathieson. Mathieson has not posted an update thread yet, but they have done Rookie Survey, Interested Prospects, AC and other things, so they definitely can be earning and updating. Regina is really hoping that Mathieson will be updating soon as one update could be what takes them over Santiago in terms of TPE. Mathieson will likely be the starting goaltender, so to get that with #32 is really a steal. DGarrett is a fantastic user, so this is a great add to the locker room.

With the 48th Overall Pick, the Regina Elk select ... Defenseman Thor Odinsson
With their last pick in the S70 Draft, the Regina Elk went for a defenseman who is really looking to be more of a stay at home defenseman. Odinsson does not have a ton of offensive attributes, so they will definitely be someone to rely on on the defensive zone. Maybe, it's because Baylé will be more of an issue in the defensive zone. They have been on and claiming, so just need to get the TPE and add it to the build. Regina has a steal here, they think! I definitely think they will love this pick moving forward.
Quote:Words: 556

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Approved, +5 TPE to @Bayley

[Image: CptSquall.gif]