Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2 - QCC Rookies
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 02:40 PM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 1 time in total.)

This one is going to hurt to write. But since I can't write about Colorado or my fellow rookies again (which I can do as easily as I breathe), I guess I'll talk about the second-best group of rookies in the SMJHL: Quebec City Citadelles. 
The first thing I can say about this group is this: wow, there are a lot of you. Nine rookies. I do not know if that is normal because it is only my first season in this league, but still. Of those nine, four have cross the 250 TPE threshold, an arbitrary threshold that I am declaring to be a good marker as to whether that user will be a good earner for the rest of their careers.
It was the rush of new faces on this team that has catapulted them all the way to the SMJHL Playoff Finals, despite ranking 9th out of 14 for average capped TPE, a full 45 TPE behind their finals opponent, the Detroit Falcons. But the Citadelle newcomerz did not let a silly thing like TPE stop them from completely dominating in every offensive rookie stat. These young bloods compose the top 3 of both Points and Assists among all rookies in the whole junior league. It is a wild sight to behold. But that is not all--the pretty boy rook, Jiggle E. Puff, also touts the second most goals among his draft class. Better yet, Citadelle rookies also comprise the top two spots of both the Plus/Minus statistic and the number of shots statistic. It is obvious that the Canadian team's coaching staff asked a lot out of their draft class. They were fortunate that this draft class rose up to fulfill and even exceed those demands. In my many seasons of not being in the SHL, this has to be the most team-defining draft class I have ever seen. How many times has there been a class of nine players, all who slotted into lineups, that also went on to the playoff finals that same year? No, really, I do not know, has it happened before? It seems unlikely. So for the sake of boosting their egos, we will operate under the assumption that it has never happened. That is crazy! Even though the Colorado rookies are the cream of the crop in terms of locker room presence, there can be no denying the impact that the Quebec City rookies have made on the ice. 
The SMJHL playoff finals are quickly approaching and the Citadelles are hard at work refining their skills and formations for the matchups. I was able to speak to a close personal friend of QCC rookie, Nathan Cormier, that he is dedicating his performance to his unborn child. And now that that is public knowledge, if the Detroit Falcons do not let the Citadelles win, it means that they do not like Cormier's children, which would be a cruel admission. Therefore, the most humanitarian and nicest thing to do would be for the Falcons to allow Cormier an open goal on every drive down the ice so that he can set multiple finals records and so that his kid will be proud of their dad. So Detroit, the ball is in your court.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

We had 7 rookies in STL last season and went to the semis, so close to QCC, but wow 9 is a lot!

Props to them to have that kind of success with half their line up compose of rookies.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

03-02-2023, 04:25 PMAnthique Wrote: We had 7 rookies in STL last season and went to the semis, so close to QCC, but wow 9 is a lot!

Props to them to have that kind of success with half their line up compose of rookies.
COL only had 4.5 and missed the playoffs, so I guess we found the secret for success in juniors? haha more rookies = more better.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

Hahahaha yeah maybe!

Sad that it don't work like that in the SHL Tongue

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

@domffl APPROVED! +5 TPE