Create Account

Atlanta?

Houston was also said in this rumor too.

(I think Ottawa moves to Atlanta, and Arizona moves to Houston)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

03-04-2023, 10:25 AMValorX77 Wrote: Houston was also said in this rumor too.

Ottawa’s safe I’d say, there’ll be enough local interest and I doubt the league would ever approve a sale out of town. Arizona is interesting.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

only if they take away arizona

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Atlanta is the feeder city for successful franchises in Canada lol

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

03-04-2023, 10:25 AMValorX77 Wrote: Houston was also said in this rumor too.

Zero shot Ottawa moves. Even with new ownership, the League would be insane to relocate Ottawa as is right now.

Personally I hate having unequal conferences, 32 is such a good number. As ridiculous as it would be, adding 4 teams might be the best option, even if realistically they'd have to be staggered.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

As others said there is next to a zero chance that Ottawa moves in the next decade considering the NHL itself is demanding from the buyer that they keep the team there. What's more realistic is a possible extension together with like Houston or just as a leverage regarding the Yotes as I think the vote regarding the potential arena in Tempe is coming up there.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2023, 09:45 PM by Duff101. Edited 1 time in total.)

Idk why people are so convinced that a move to QC is likely. I understand people want things they recognize from the past but we already tried this once. I don't think it makes sense from basically any perspective (NHL is trying to expand to new markets and potential team owners would balk at the location and comparatively tiny market and established habs presence). It would be cool but I don't think it's ever gonna happen.

For the record I think an atlanta move is also fairly unlikely considering its flopped twice now, but I can see why it would be tempting.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

03-04-2023, 09:44 PMDuff101 Wrote: Idk why people are so convinced that a move to QC is likely. I understand people want things they recognize from the past but we already tried this once. I don't think it makes sense from basically any perspective (NHL is trying to expand to new markets and potential team owners would balk at the location and comparatively tiny market and established habs presence). It would be cool but I don't think it's ever gonna happen.

For the record I think an atlanta move is also fairly unlikely considering its flopped twice now, but I can see why it would be tempting.
admittedly the Thrashers were screwed by an ownership group that actively wanted to run them out of town

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

03-04-2023, 09:51 PMboom Wrote: admittedly the Thrashers were screwed by an ownership group that actively wanted to run them out of town

It be like that sometimes but also I don't see rich folks lining up to give Atlanta another shot. It's like the opposite problem of QC, big, untapped market with huge potential but a largely dispassionate about hockey fanbase/local people capable of financially supporting a franchise.

You'd think considering ATL is like the 4th largest media market in the USA they would have thrown a team there by now.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Kevin Weekes RT’d this…

Still waiting for official news..

I think even if Atlanta and Houston are possible expansion locations it would be 5+ seasons down the line at minimum. I get the desire to see a team in QC but I just don't see it from a business perspective from the league. I'm sure a team could do well there, but I also think they want new markets and not cannibalizing others. I'm sure there are some old die-hards from the last run but that was almost 30 years ago now and a lot has changed since then. The league wants the untapped markets that can bring in more money, especially if they don't make the teams complete trash out of the gate(See Vegas and Seattle).

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Kevin Weekes is continuing to stir the pot, as he tweeted this image with a skyline of Houston with several emojis.