Create Account

Grizzlies Prospects (2x Draft Media) 885 Words

Great Falls Grizzlies Prospects

In this, we're gonna take a look at players in their first or second year given the amount they improved, as well as looking at how our draft went by seeing who we still have and who has improved the most.

Looking at last season the Grizzlies are hoping for some new players that will help the team be competitive. We all know  the draft can go both ways whether you have a pick in the early 1st round or late 2nd it could go absolutely any way. When having the first overall you have the best chance of getting the player that will help the most but it's never promised that is for sure. Looking at who the 1st was, We knew It was quite promising this time around since BadWolf has proven themselves over many years in the league, As I'm still new I don't know everything she's done but I do know that they well respected around the league, She also used to be an SMJHL commissioner. So you could say this draft was a promised star.

Grizzlies first pick of the S69 draft was the 2nd round, 21st overall and they chose Wednesday Adams they played center and there were some high hopes for them but before we knew it they didn't sign and ended up signing with Vancouver Whalers, So that was a bit of a letdown but I always enjoy seeing players play where they want to rather just sticking with a team you may not enjoy playing for.
Their second pick is in the 3rd round 32nd overall. With this pick the Great Falls Grizzlies chose Jimmy McNulty LW, they were looking really strong coming into the draft. It seemed a little off when they didn't sign right away and ended up taking the smaller contract but they were signed and that's what mattered, After the first week of the season came to an end the GM noticed they were not progressing and didn't seem active which wasn't a good sign. Since they did not progress nor sign the original contract the team knew something was up and it wasn't good they weren't playing so the team wanted to look for a trade or at least find someone to fill and it took a little bit but we ended up finding a strong player to fill their position so it was a lot less stress on the other linemates.
Their 3rd pick was the 35th overall in the 3rd round and with this pick, they chose Kyle Latreille. Right away he rushed to accept his contract to make sure the team, gm, coaches, staff and players knew he came here to prove himself. Kyle has shown a really high amount of potential, showing that he is ready to put the work in to prove they are ready for anything that gets thrown at him. He seemed off in preseason and wasn't able to put his craft together but once the season hit he showed that he's putting in as much work as he can to develop as much skill and IQ as he can, So he can be considered as one of the best rookies of the year. So far Kyles has 12 goals and 14 assists for 26 points in 46 games. His TPE is at 249 ATM and he's developing a huge amount each week.
The final pick in the draft was a goalie C.J. Sparks, which was something we were looking for knowing Bandit Heeler might end up in the SHL soon so we need to find a solid backup now to take over his spot in the coming years. Sparks was looking like he could be that strong goalie to take over in a couple seasons but it starts getting a little worse as they dont sign the contract and take the 1m contract, So it kinda just seemed like the same thing that happened earlier, They started off playing good getting a shutout in their first game but after noticing they aren't active either we knew we needed a trade which is exactly what we did to get Diablo Rose and Marquise Hill.
James Dion has shown a huge amount of progress since his last year as he managed to get 12 goals 27 assists for 39 points in 66 games but in this season they have 9 goals 28 assists for 37 points in 46 games which is much better than his past year. Looking at this you can see they are about to match their last year in way less games which gives a bunch of time to get even more points.

One of the new kids we picked up was Marquise Hill who is in their second year and has shown lots of potential. Last year they had a total of 41 points in 66 games which is very good for a rookie, This year they've got a total of 33 points in 45 games. Might be a little farther than he wants but realistically they are doing way better due to the amount they’ve been able to show this year in all ends of the game.

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)

@Duga Hey for future posts, please wait until SMJHL media week announcement for 2x media posts. Thanks.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

03-14-2023, 07:38 PMmystick Wrote: @Duga Hey for future posts, please wait until SMJHL media week announcement for 2x media posts. Thanks.
Sorry about that, Thanks for letting me know!

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)