Create Account

S70 mPT #0: A Quick Question Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Hi, your new PT director here! Figured I'd take this first mPT as a chance to take the community's pulse on PTs. Don't overthink this, just give me your thoughts off the cuff.

Your task: Tell me what we can do better with PTs this season and going forward! Or tell me we're doing great and you can't think of any way it could possibly be better, that would be nice to hear too!

25 words minimum!

You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

This PT will close Sunday, March 26th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.

This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

First of all: I can't really complain too much, most of what you guys do is great. I typically like PTs with topics that are not overly specific. Sometimes there's a topic you really don't know anything about or you're not interested in it at all and then you feel forced to write something - even if it's probably a nice creative idea. That doesn't happen too often luckily. As long as there are options that are open to anyone it's fine. In general variety is nice.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

I think a big thing would be do what Lev did with the PTs and give a prompt that's more freeflowing and chaotic and loose rather than strict SHL/hockey knowledge. I know we have users who don't actually watch hockey and I know as an established SHL user I can get bored of writing about "who will win X award this time."

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Please please please continue to have prompts that are focused on players and not just hockey. The dual prompts from the last few seasons I know must have been more work, but gosh, I loved that I had variety and choice.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Please for the love of god get rid of Championship Week. Even though you guys are doing a great job coming up with new prompts, the concept itself is just so stale and annoying at this point. We could use those TPE for cool new activities instead.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

i actually think everything was really good and perfect and that there's no possible way for the pt department to improve if you ask me. i bet most other people will say the same!!!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Honestly I can't say anything but that you're doing great with the PTs overall. Partially because I have no ideas of my own and partially because I actually enjoy writing my PTs most of the time in the SHL, which can't be said for other leagues.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2023, 12:05 PM by JamesT. Edited 2 times in total.)

My suggestion would be to have the PT's auto lock once the deadline passes. I noticed that the award voting and last mock draft didn't auto lock/close once the deadline passed.

There is an option to have the thread locked once a specific time date/time passes.

(48 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Variety is always your friend. The more options we have, the easier it is for us to get the tasks done. This league is supposed to be fun. Let’s not overcomplicate.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

So far as this has been my first season in a sim league i’m enjoying writing the PTS a lot, Most aren’t hard in anyway might take more time the others but the fun comes from just making your own random story. It’s good to have a different ones or else everything would get stale.

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)

I liked most of the PTs while Leviadan was head, but my favourite ones were when each PT built off the last to make a full story over the course of a season. I'd love to see some of those come back.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

I want more wacky, goofy bullshit in my main PTs, honestly. The mini PTs wind up being my favorites every season because you're allowed to go a little wild with the topics, where the main PTs tend to be a bit more cut and dry, "tell me about hockey in a way that makes sense for the sport of hockey" kind of way.

Mini PTs ask me about the goofy shit I think my teammates are getting up to while we're not on the ice. Main PTs ask me to talk about my teammates' xGF%. And that's fine, but I would love for main PTs to have a little more life in them.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

I'm happy with how the PTs have been going. Some of the prompts I struggle with, but that's more of a personal creativity level issue.

I wish there was a way to reward reading other players PTs to promote league site engagement, but I'm not sure what form that could take.

[Image: banes.png]

What would I change? Damn lol, I don't think I would really change a whole lot. You guys have done an awesome job. So there isn't a lot I would change.

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

I haven't had much problem completing any of the prompts. In general, keep in mind that some people aren't native speakers so coming up with poems and similar stuff is pretty hard and most people don't look at the index too often so having to write analytic stuff every week can be complicated.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance