Create Account

S70 PT #1: The Antagonist

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

During his first few games with the Stampede, Bean had come close to scoring a few times but always fell short. However, during a game against their rivals, the Toronto Thunder, Bean found himself in the perfect position to score. The game was tied 2-2 with just over five minutes left in the third period when Bean's teammate, a forward, passed the puck to him. Bean was near the blue line and saw an opening, so he took a slap shot. The puck flew through the air and landed right in the back of the net. The crowd erupted in cheers as Bean's teammates rushed to congratulate him. Bean couldn't believe it - he had just scored his first goal in the professional league. From that moment on, Bean's confidence grew, and he became more comfortable on the ice. He continued to play hard and contribute to the team's success, but that first goal remained a special moment for him. It was a reminder that dreams can come true with hard work and determination.

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's first goal! What's the story you'll tell at bars for decades about the first time you lit the lamp? If you're a goalie or otherwise haven't scored one yet, tell me how you picture it when it finally happens! (150+ words)

The day Tom Pedersen scored his first goal was a day to remember. Nice weather. The birds were relaxing and farting in the trees. The ice was shiny. The crowd roared. Everything was lined up to be a fantastic day of entertainment. The goalie made a save and in the turmoil that happened on the rebound with lots of anger, muscles and sweat the puck went behind the goal. One defender picked it up and laid a perfect saucer to Tom Pedersen racing up the ice. A defender from the opposite team got ready to body tackle hard, but Tom Pedersen swirled away as gracefully as Queen Sonja’s 17th of may waiving. Bursting towards the goal Tom Pedersen feints left and right and drags the goalie out of position. Finally outmaneuvering the goalie Tom Pedersen sends off a quick wrist shot that hits the post, bounces up in the bar and down into the other post. Before bouncing its way out from the goal. Then the defender that tried to body tackle came towards his own net at full speed, crashed with the goalie, tumbled over that said goalie and landed on the puck. And slided into the goal while frantically waving his arms and kicking his legs. It could’ve been the goal of the month. Ended up on the Fail army most epic fails of the year video.

Words: 229

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Creative Prompt – Written Task (161 words)

The assistant GM of the Winnipeg Aurora, RashfordU, really cannot stand Lord Farquaads. I am not sure why Rashford has such a problem with the diminutive Dulocian defender, but he really does not care for him. He keeps demanding Lord Farquaads, despite his continued development, to play as a defensive defensemen. Lord Farquaads maintains that the is now equipped to make more of an offensive impact on the ice, but Rashford makes sure that the coaching staff is aware that his preference is to keep Lord Farquaads far far away from offensive production.

Lord Farquaads demanded some clarity on why this is the case. He was informed that he would not receive any further correspondence on this topic, and any further comments about it will be met with decreases in ice time. Is there a controversy brewing in Manitoba? Will Lord Farquaads punch above his weight and find a way to circumvent Rashford’s control? Find out next time, on Dragonball Z.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Story Mode:

My first SHL goal was a very very recent one. Bobby is a rookie this season and it did not take me long to get my first goal, on the first line in game 2 of the season against the Baltimore Platoon, I scored an unassisted breakaway goal that put us within one of tying the game and the whole arena went nuts. Just a simple, silky, forehand-backhand top cheddar shot that Remao had no chance of saving. I really felt like a superstar at that moment, being on the first line of a historic SHL franchise and I’m already stepping up and contributing. Unfortunately, we lost the game in a shootout. Still, my first goal did help us secure a point after being down 3-1 at the start of the 2nd period, and I even ended up with the lucky puck that I scored with after the game, it’s going in my memorabilia case for sure!

[Image: nA86OKY.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]

Code:
Written Task: Tell me about that one character in your org - a coach, an AGM, a scout, the color announcer, it could be anyone - who just doesn't like your player. Does he hate your game? Is it just a personality clash? Why? (150+ words)

Honestly I am sure that BASE PACK has a lot of enemies around the Philadelphia Forge franchise due to his questionable play in the regular season outside of his rookie season. You may think to yourself, well sloth didn't BASE PACK play really well in the playoffs last season when the Forge ended up winning a championship? That is true that that happened, but honestly it just made PACK's haters even more mad because now they have to argue that he is bad with that on their plate! So they are just even more annoyed I think, especially since he has started out this regular season not so hot again. The Forge's color announcer is probably BASE PACK's biggest detractor out of everyone around Philadelphia, he never seems to miss a chance to get a dig in against PACK during the games when he is announcing. He even has the gall to say that a pack of hockey cards shouldn't be playing professional hockey! Seems a bit bigoted if you ask me but PACK has to try to ignore these haters and hopefully repeat as champions of the SHL.

189 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Written Task/Player Prompt

My first official goal came when I was just 8 years old. After spending years previous playing tee ball and thinking that baseball was where I belonged, I finally let my parents convince me to lace up the skates. My team put me on the blue line, because it was quickly learned that I didn't quite have the wrist shot others my age did. Playing the defense position for a few games at this age, I realized I had a knack for keeping the puck out of our zone. However, I just could not score a dang goal to save my life. Fast forward to the playoffs in this pee-wee league, and we are playing in a do or die semi-final game. After a scoreless first 3 periods, we head to overtime. In OT, I somehow found myself out of position and ended up at center ice just as my teammate stole the puck in our zone. He sent it my way and I was off to the races. My adrenaline was pumping, and next thing I knew I deked to my backhand and netted the puck to send us to the championship. It was out of character, but certainly a memorable first goal.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Okay, the thing about having an edgy character that doesn't talk much is that there's a lot of people that are just generally put off by that. For Wisconsin, this is a league-wide issue. She was the last player picked up in the draft despite being a top-level prospect. While I think we all know the actual real-life reason why she fell so far, I think the in-universe reason is just the aura she has. People, especially the media, want their athletes to be larger than life and completely relatable at the same time. When a player can't even show an emotion, it's hard to really make them work. So there's a couple different people who suffer in that situation, mainly the social team. Despite going into the season as a top player for an incredibly fun to watch Kelowna team, she is giving absolutely nothing. If there's such a thing as "negative vibes", she has it. This is honestly painfully normal in real life hockey, as I don't think I've ever gotten any vibes as to who the hell Jonathan Toews is and I grew up constantly seeing him in Commercials on WGN and NBC Sportsnet. But it's the job of the social media manager to get something out of you, especially a more human side to you. Wisconsin is not human. I'm not even sure what she is. But the only thing that she gives for the content side of Kelowna is a thousand yard stare.
Maybe that'll fit better on the Specters?

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Player Prompt

Unfortunately, Paul Binder has taken a few too many pucks off the noggin that he does not recall exactly which team he scored his first goal against... but he does remember it was for the Atlanta Inferno and remembers everything about it except for the color of the sweaters on the opposing team. It was not anything super pretty, but he did manage to work his way to the dirty areas and get a loose rebound into an empty net. No fucks are given about how it was scored or who it was scored against, all that mattered was the roar of the crowd and the cheering and hugs from his linemates celebrating this momentous occasion with him. Honestly, goals even nowadays still bring about that adrenaline rush just like his first. He's not much of a goal scorer so it's a little more rare for him to feel those moments, but his face lights up every single time just like it was his first.

WC 167

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Creative Prompt
The biggest beef within Regina ad Willow has to be with the teams radio announcer, Jim Pickens. This all started on her first day with the team after being drafted where he got angry with her because she said ketchup on hot dogs is gross, which it is. Jim Pickens is the president of the Regina Chapter for Ketchup on Hot Dogs, and they’re aggressive in their propaganda department. Their first confrontation came at media day during preseason where he left a note on her locker written in ketchup that said “We Know” and then started dragging her on Twitter. The arguments have gotten so bad that the teams management staff has had to sit down both parties on multiple occasions to tell them to stop throwing hot dogs at each other in the hallways because of the amount of friendly fire incidents that claimed the white shirts of several front office executives and fans in away jerseys.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Written Task: Tell me about your player's first goal! What's the story you'll tell at bars for decades about the first time you lit the lamp? If you're a goalie or otherwise haven't scored one yet, tell me how you picture it when it finally happens! (150+ words)

So my first ever goal was against QCC in S68, at this point I'm still developing as the kid from Texas that just picked up hockey and all I knew was I had some talent that I could use to be a pretty great Defenseman. Obviously I have a goal of HOF for myself. In this game we were doing amazing the game was close as hell for a while there as we were just keeping QCC at bay. Then at 2 minutes in I got myself a goal in net and I couldn't even believe I even scored a goal. Any time i scored a goal in High was school was special to me! I remember after this game I couldn't drink, but don't let the law know as what the Law doesnt know what happens in your own home won't hurt them folks. Let's just say Dusty could not defend a hangover that came his way that next morning haha beautiful time in my sim career

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]

Potential Spam gets along with most of the people within the organization, however there is one that Spam can't stand, the equipment manager. This has always been the case and Spam is not entirely sure why. Perhaps it is just a version of rookie hazing, but Spam would routinely find that there were certain issues with his gear. These ranged from donning damp pads for the morning skate, and the occasional dusting of corn starch in the helmet. Most of these or pretty harmless but it did not take a while to wash all that corn starch out of his hair. Once that helmet got sweaty it was game over. Technically Spam does not know know for certain if the culprit is actually the equipment manager but its only a matter of time before he is able to catch him in the act. For the meantime Spam will just have to try and step it up on the ice and try to be as low maintenance as possible.

Creative prompt

Viktor isn't a very polarizing figure in La Citadelle, so it took some time before anyone even remotely felt the faintest displeasure for him. With that said, an antagonist did indeed emerge just as Vik's rookie season in the J was coming to a close: Quebec City's very own Suberb Owl mascot. Viktor's crime? Having an intense fear of mascots, of course. When he first lay eyes on the owl by the locker room, Viktor yelped instinctively and dove into the nearest washroom. At the time Superb Owl concluded that Viktor must have eaten something horrid the night before and thought nothing of it, but as the season wore on the owl came to understand the true meaning behind the cartoonishly wide eyes that the young center always had when they came across one another. Once that truly sunk in, Superb Owl made it his own personal mission to make Vik's life as uncomfortable as possible. The mascot hides behind every corner, stands menacingly in empty hallways, and even positions himself across from the bench during home games just to watch Viktor squirm.

Code:
183 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Goal celly, old school style

[Image: IMG_3012.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

Creative - Written:

There is always someone in every organization who you just won't get along with no matter what. It could be something down to the core of the individuals involved, or just a simple clash of personality. In my organization there is one scout who works for the team, a man who has just turned 30. Young for a scout, but already putting his old time hockey mentality down on my player. Every time it's a complaint that I don't go "bardeezy" or "top chedd". That my passes aren't "goated with the sauce". This archaic way of thinking and analyzing the game is counter intuitive to my young mind which is all about zone entries and exits. Ensuring to prevent high danger slot passes to lower our xGA so that I can use my JFresh card in my next contract negotiation. Maintaining possession at the line to generate a high danger scoring chance for my forwards may not be as flashy as going "wheel, snipe, celly" as the old boys club puts it, but it's what has to be done in this modern age. We must agree to disagree in this regard, but it still hurts knowing that someone in the organization is speaking against me at any opportunity.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]