Create Account

S70 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2023, 10:28 PM by Jorec. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Great Falls Grizzlies have no true rivals. Who can challenge the raw power of the mighty bear and their raw physical power and stingy defensive play that has lead to their league leading record of 23 - 8 - 1. The Elk? With their 13 - 16 - 2 record? Though we should give them credit, they are willing to fight. Those prey animals to be mauled and eaten like every other delicious treat. The Berserkers? Men who WISH they were Grizzlies with their 22 - 12 - 1 record. It is no surprise that the only real challenger in the league and rival to the mighty bear is that of the raptor. Another alpha predator, they match the Grizzlies with 23 - 8 - 0 record. Though we must give a shot out to the Grizzly bear of the sea, the Whalers as they impose themselves physically on the league with the most players in the top ten in hits.

154 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

The Maine Timber are beneath contempt and I am going to give them one hundred and fifty more words than they deserve here because. I want to get tpe and the prompt is making me opine on a "rival". Simply put, my issue with the Maine Timber is that timber is, per the Oxford English Dictionary, "wood prepared for use in building and carpentry". This means that Maine is represented, not by a mighty oak, not by any other type of tree with any other adjective to give any sort of impression of strength, resilience or even mere life... The timber have already been chopped down, stripped of the rough bark that failed to protect them, they've already been cut and sanded into shape, they've been treated and dried out! They are used by other teams to build a win count much as their namesake would a house.

But more importantly, I just don't like that they have the same name as that annoying Pitbull song.

Carolina kraken

Rivalry night in the SMJHL is one of the most exciting and exhilarating events in common day sports. Fans from all over the world tune in to watch their favorite rivalries. One of the biggest rivalries in the history of the SMJHL also happens to be one of the oldest, the proud teams behind this battle of the sea are the Vancouver Whalers and the Carolina Kraken. No one knows how this rivalry started but many have speculated that it originated because of the origins of each of the teams mascots being from the sea. Throughout the history of the rivalry both teams have had their ups and downs but the general consensus is that the Vancouver Whalers have the mightier team and mascot. Whales are often considered to be one of the smartest creatures in the ocean and feared by all including creatures like the shark. A Whale would also clearly beat a Kraken in a fight based on the fact that Whales live in pods and teamwork would help the Whales overpower a Kraken.

Inactive forever's personal rival is really every team other than the vancouver whalers, or whoever he is playing that night. Hating his opponents really motivates forever, and helps him play better. However the Whalers as a whole have a different rival than forever. The Kelowna Knights are vancouvers biggest rival. I know this because someone said it in the locker room once so it mist be true. Now with that being said, because I read it in the locker room one time Forever now HATES the knights and will probably score like 10 goals against them next game, as well as hit them a lot. Forever also hates the scarecrows because they were his ancestors team and they didnt even try and draft forever, those silly managers. Forevers Grandfathers biggest rival was the head office, but forever has no issues with them and that hatred did not carry over at all.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

pbe pt

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]

Right now I would say our biggest rivals are definitely ourselves. The boats had a nice offseason of training and upgrading at every position and had a wonderful draft full of piss and vinegar fueled rookies ready to make the step into the junior world of hockey. The season has been one full of bumps and bruises along the road the the four star and we can see that all coming to fruition as they stand all alone at the bottom of the league. There has been a lot of in house fighting between the mostly dead defense core lead by stud defender dabson. The rookies have been all over the vets who share the full brunt of the load usage wise, and so they have to overcome this in house fighting calamity to turn around their season if they want any shot in the post season. Luckily for them they have a young core with many season to work through this personal rivalry.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]