Create Account

S70 PT #2: The Noodle Incident

Player Prompt

When it comes to talk to the media, Anthony Dionne is always there. Goalies are always special and he's really not afraid to talk to the media. Hockey is a religion in Quebec, so he has no problem talking about it all day long. Obviously it's harder to talk about it after a bad game, but it's part of the game (and the job) and you should get used to it.
If the journalists are respectful, this is no problem for him to do a part of his job. It's not the most pleasant one, but get a shot in the face is not either but Dionne is willing to sacrifice a lot the get the recognition he deserves.
He tries to not get too emotional or too boring, but it's sometimes hard to stay professional. So far there is no incident with Dionne, but he still get some help from the communication department.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

connor o'byrne is not really the biggest fan of talking to the media, he believes its a waste of time and after games would much rather go home or go train to cool off, but instead he is forced to indulge a bunch of guys who are trying to get a headline out of him. he would never say it out loud since as mentioned before he does not want to create headlines, but he believes the media are vipers and there are very few reporters he has trusted throughout his career to give a more in depth look into his life and career. connor o byrne has at times taken fines from his team for simply not showing up to post game media because he didnt feel like it, especially after playoff eliminations when emotions were high and tensions were even higher, he saw no reason to talk to any reporters at that time.

Player Prompt: There are a lot of players that don’t like to get their number called by the media. When people think of my player, they tend to assume I am one of those players. Although that is far from the truth, I’m a big personality. I’m willing to hold myself accountable when I’m not playing well, but that means I do the same for my teammates. I’ve gotten my fair share of dirty looks from Eggy and BW. When fans watch my post-game interviews, they get reminded of ‘80s wrestlers. I’m talking enraged yelling, veins popping, TRASH CANS FLYING! Have I been told to calm it down by teammates and coaches? Yes. Do I have any control over these insane moments? ….Not really. Every once in a while, I’ll get a reporter who wants to get under my skin. Everyone knows the type, “What did you think of this…?” or “Why did you do that…?” Stupid questions that they know the answer to. These are the type of guys to whom I don’t give much energy, I call this my shutdown ability. (181 words)

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar

ISFL CW

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

player prompt

[Image: ryJHj6d.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

I myself try to be as good as I can be with my fans and the media as much as I possibly can. I want to build a friendship with not only my fans but the media as well. I think that it is fine to roast them as they ask stupid questions. I want people to know that I'm not the enemy here instead a friend you can talk to to get whatever is on your mind. I want people to trust me and understand that I'm not here to hurt you and hope that we can move on with the thought we can be friends and get away from the negative. I want to let other people into my own life as well because I feel is awesome way to get to know me and who I am as a person and how I want to be with the press and the fans.

157 words

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Even if she spent a large part of her life in Florida because it was like a second home for her family, Elena always struggled with foreign languages and never was comfortable speaking English. I don't know of many players who like talking to the media but for her it's by far her least favourite thing to do. The fact that they ask the same questions over and over helps her come up with more elaborate answers every time but her bad English and her generally shy nature still make this exercise difficult. Citadelles' management have offered the services of an interpreter so she could keep speaking Russian or Ukrainian and it has helped reduce the number of times where they'd have to apologize on her behalf because of her rude answers. She's also following English classes on the side to eventually be able to answer questions on her own but things aren't going fast. She's surprisingly picking up French faster, which won't help too much when she moves up to the SHL but since she decided to represent France internationally, it would still be helpful.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Hugh Manius cannot stand the media. He hates the phoniness of the reporters with their fake personalities and character they play for the radio tv or the internet. It always feels fake and unnatural to him. Hugh hates listening to the boring questions. Hugh just wants to stake and play the game. At the same time Hugh is pleasant and just on his best face for the Raptures organization. He steps up to do want the teams would like out of him when it comes to media. Although Manius does enjoy messing the media by coming up with ridiculous answers to questions. Such as “What were your thoughts tonight game?” (After a 0-5 to Newfoundland) “I think it sucks for the people and especially the children of newfoundland have very short days in the winter.” In summary Hugh Manius finds it appalling to deal the media in a way shape or form.

Words ~152

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Quote:Graphic Task: Show me your player taking an awkward question at a media scrum!

PLAYER PROMPT - What is your player's attitude towards media scrums in general?

Written Task: Tell me about your player's thoughts and feelings on reporters and pressers in general! Do you like taking the questions after the games, or do you dread your number being called? Why? If a teammate gets asked for after a really bad game, would you voluntarily go in his stead? (150+ words)

Anton Harrier's style with the press is lackadaisical. Truth be told, he's usually thinking about other things before and after every game but he's not the kind of person to not attend to people in need, so he'll humour reporters and go along with them so as to make sure they get whatever answer they want while still not being entirely invested on the matters he's asked about. Not that he hates the idea of taking interviews or anything like that - quite the contrary to be honest - but he's not a guy that wears emotions on his sleeve.

A major problem he does have is that he's often fine with the idea of answering gag questions just for the laughs, even if not with him so much as at him. To Anton, it's not like his seconds of fame are going to be that long anyway, so the idea of taking it all too seriously is pointless.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

After mentioning last week that he sometimes doesn't get along with his special teams coach due to his tendency to take more penalties than most, this week Jarrod Lakemore was asked about his thoughts on some fans suggesting the special teams coach should be fired.

"First of all, let me say the QCC fans are amazing and are the most passionate fanbase out there. That being said, they aren't coaching staff, they aren't the GM, they aren't part of the front office, and they don't know what goes on with this team in the locker room, during practices, and whatever else behind closed doors. Which brings me to my next point: what they do know is what the media reports. So when I get asked some intentionally provocative question, and then some journalist goes out and writes an article with quotes from me taken out of context and blown out of proportion, it angers me. I get that it's your job to generate "clicks" and "likes" and whatever, and any blowback isn't directly affecting you, but the next time I see something like that happen, it's going to be "no comment" for the rest of the season. Next question." (207 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Pt pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Player Prompt

Mikko is not really sure how he feels about getting in front of the media.  Though he has been in the spotlight for quite a few seasons since his time in Junior.  The idea of talking to another person about the game immediately afterwards always felt frustrating.  Begrudgingly at first, Rashford would answer questions and do his part.  But that has changed recently.  After gaining comfort in the process of answering these questions, Mikko has been starting to use this opportunity to simply enjoy life.  Often firing back questions to the reporters about their day, and how they were performing as a reporter that night.  His favorite incident was the time that he brought Shawarma to the post-game media event and asked the first reporter who asked him a question if he'd like to join him up front for some Shawarma.  Safe to say, the photo of those two chowing down will be remembered for a long time

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Code:
Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts and feelings on reporters and pressers in general! Do you like taking the questions after the games, or do you dread your number being called? Why? If a teammate gets asked for after a really bad game, would you voluntarily go in his stead? (150+ words)

Kawashima is not a huge fan of the reporters and pressers, but understands it is just a part of the hockey pro player ecosystem. As well as Kawashima getting better at handling it all over time. Back in the day he would get flustered and not always be sure how to respond to stuff. Now he has been in the game for more than a decade and answering pesky reporters is just part of the his life. Now that he is older he has also started to mess with reporters, answering in cheeky ways and sometimes just completely ignoring the question.

He might not currently be the team captain, but Kawashima has been in the past and as a vet believes it is also his duty to help out in that department. So when a younger player has a poor game and the reporters and pundits want to interview them, Kawashima always offers to stand in their place and take the heat.

[162 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart