Create Account

S70 PT#3: Let Ampersands and At-signs Fly
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2023, 12:12 AM by bbjygm. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hodor has had many problems with Coach Knight-King. Hodor promises to stop forgetting his friendly woodland creatures inside the underwear drawer of Knight-King if Mr. Knight-King stops breaking down all Hodor's walls with his pet frost dragon. Hodor doesn't like when walls are busted down by frost specifically. Don't ask me, just something he said. Hodor would also like Knight-King to stop sharpening hockey sticks and chucking them like javelins at the players during practice. They all know he has supernatural accuracy with it so the misses are intentional, but it still presents a hazardous work experience. In return, Hodor will stop intentionally misunderstanding Knight-King and spouting a repetitive string of "hodor"'s instead of actual hodor-type words. He's been catching on that some hodors are just meaningless and meant for annoyance. Lastly, Hodor will get a punitive bonus each time Knight-King glares angrily out at the players during the game with his arms spread wide as if provoking challenge.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Player Prompt:

Matiss is a pretty easy-going person, and it takes a lot for him to get upset or angry at one of his teammates or a person in the organization. That person would have to do something major to get Matiss to react to being rubbed in the wrong way. If anything were to happen, that would rub Matiss the wrong way all he would end up doing is talking to the person to get an understanding of why they did what they did, and how to go about making everybody be on the same page again. Matiss believes that with communication people can usually work past any kind of misunderstandings or at least understand why the person did what they did. If it was something that Matiss did, he would want to know why it upset the person, and what he could do to fix it. In the end, since Matiss has to work with people in the organization every day, he doesn’t want to have anybody upset with him and if anybody was to just talk to him so that everything could be smooth out and the team and organization can move forward to have a good year.

I am not sure to be honest. What do I want to see differently? Well, you see, my answer to that is multi faceted. Firstly, in pursuit of the cup, team chemistry is important, but it is important that everyone sees the team before themselves. I do not care if people on this team do not like each other, or do not like coaches or assistant coaches or video coaches or other administrative staff, as long as you are able to put that aside to mesh and work well with others, it is all good in my books. It does not matter to me. Emotions are always running hot in my opinion. You put 25 people that are highly super duper competitive in a room together, people that all they want is to win, of course emotions will run hot. That is just part of the passion, the desire to win night in and night out.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Player Prompt:

I think Jonas has been blessed with a pretty easy going personality and is able to go with the flow for a lot of things. It would take quite a bit to be able to get him going and make him upset. Sure people may have rubbed him the wrong way in the past, or gotten under his skin a bit with some of their actions but he ultimately makes sure he doesn't become reactive or blow up or overreact to whatever happens. Staying calm has always led to him being able to handle and diffuse tense situations as opposed to letting them become bigger and turn into a situation that is more toxic than before. As well, staying chill and relaxed causes those around him to also stay more chill and relaxed, which leads to less confrontations in the first place as people subconsciously feel like they should be trying to keep the peace

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

I’m not one for confrontation, but when coach came to me and told me he heard I had a bit of a misunderstanding with retired GM Jordan Nugent Hall that just wasn’t smoothing over, I knew I needed to step up. Coach Bones let me know that he had already spoken to Nugent Hall and felt that we could come to a simple solution by both being willing to sit down together and discuss what was bothering us. I was totally willing to do just that in an effort to continue to keep Chicago as a beloved place to play and live. Apparently after talking with the coaching staff, Nugent Hall also agreed that a simple conversation to clear the air would benefit both of us and the organization as a whole. It turns out, we really didn’t have much to say to eachother once we sat down face to face. All of the animosity was misplaced or misdirected frustrations from two hyper competitive individuals who had seen the organization everywhere from championship challenger to cup favorites. Both just wanted to win.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Prompt 2:
My now teammate Finn Weiß was someone who had rubbed me the wrong way in the past. Like way in the past. When we were just little kids, I had met him at some junior hockey events as we are both from Germany so naturally we saw each other quite a bit. The first time I met him was when we hit the ice together and I really thought that he was really selfish. As a kid, Finn would pretty much always take the puck up the ice by himself and try his best to score. It was really annoying as we would try to say something about it but he just kept at. As we grew up, he opened up more to team play but still I had this thought in the back of my head that he was always this selfish little kid. Then when I went on to the league, I kind of forgot about him until he suddenly showed up in the lockeroom. I thought it was going to be the exact same but when we hit the ice, I was surprised he came up to me and we talked a bit about some strategy on the ice. Like where he liked to play, where I liked to play, etc. He really took the time to get to better know my game and I really appreciated it that.

Player prompt

Ol scurvy one of the Knights trainers who has since be fired on conspiracy to commit crime used to steal seas personal belongings on multiple occasions. If it wasn't his red bull it was a handful of pain meds or something else that Sea would have I'm his locker stall. Sea couldn't figure it out at first who the culprit was but set up some hidden cams eventually to catch that old bastard in the act. It seemed that at least once a month something would go missing. So along with the help of knighty McKnight night they set out on a mission to find them. Didn't take long after the cams were set up to finally see what was really going on. Sea is a reasonable fella so he didn't beat the living crap out of ol scurvey but he did set up a trap that would come to make scurvy regret his decisions. The last item scurvy stole was seas Italian sandwich wich was loaded with liquid lsd and diarrhea enforcer medication. Scurvy tripped hard and shat all over himself in the company parking garage while management checked the evidence from the cams of old scurvy caught in the act a few times. He was fired from the team and still trippin balls to this day.

The ongoing conflict between Potential Spam and Atlanta's equipment has remained at a low boil for a while now. While these issues have not escalated to dangerous levels it did get the attention of the front office. In the meeting that ensued they were able to air out their grievances and finally get some answers as to who has been causing all the trouble. Spam had suspicions the whole time but finally all these rumors can be put to rest. The meeting was a little tense at first, with both parties pointing fingers at the other as to who was responsible for starting the feud in the first place but in truth neither could really remember. At the end of the day they realized that this prank war was disruptive to the whole team not just the two of them. They decided to bury the hatchet once and for all for the good of the team.

ISFL Affiliate (Username Nathan)

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

Kezia and Puddles 'O Duck have a long history of conflict inside the dressing room of the Atlanta Inferno of the Simulation Hockey League. It all started when that dastardly duck flooded the locker room in order to make a nice little pond in which to float around and splish splash and whatever else ducks tend to do in their free time. Well, Kezia found this behaviour to be abhorrent, especially because their equipment was soaked through. it just so happened that every other player's equipment was getting polished by the trainer that day and so in light of this fact, Kezia took it as a personal insult. They slapped that bastard duck on the wing, and kicked him too. Duck was mad to be assaulted but they had a nice soak in the new locker room pond and decided that they were even. Since this incident their bond has grown and grown and they now consider each other to be jolly pals. (163 words)

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

Across his entire career, Dwight Knight has kept his nose down and stuck to the grind of doing what is best for the team. Always having trust in others to do their part to achieve a common goal. However, there was one time that Dwight Knight lashed out unreasonably. In one of the playoff runs against the Atlanta inferno, Dwight learned that Michael Fitted and Tampa Bay area fan, James Harden were out late at night. Despite Michael Fitted's cocaine and booze filled tirades he was also one of the best performing players on the team for the series, so instead of taking his frustration out on the people who were under performing or self-reflecting or self-evaluating how to move past this mental wall. He called up James Harden and chewed him out. James harden, responded with "you're missing the problem and your frustration is misguided, Fitted plays best when he is loose and out and about and he is performing as expected if not better." 

Dwight subconciously knew this was the truth and apologized and moved on.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2023, 01:46 AM by JT3.)

Quote:Written Task: Tell me about your player's reaction to a teammate or staff member rubbing them the wrong way at some point in their career. What was done to annoy them? How did they respond? Were they able to work past it? Did it devolve into an irretrievable shitshow? Whose fault was it? Who was the bigger person in the end? (150+ words)

For the most part Noel has had a pretty great group of teammates over the course of his career and can't really say there are too many that he truly disliked. He has had some teammates that he wasn't necessarily great friends with or anything which is normal being around so many different people. However there was one specific player in junior that he just couldn't stand. This one kid was drafted high up in the draft by his team and the guy came in and pretty much thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. The kind of guy that thinks he is the main character. He wanted to be captain, wanted to get all the best minutes, score the most goals, all that jazz. This rubbed almost all of his teammates the wrong way, especially Noel as Noel is really a no-nonsense hard nosed, work hard kinda guy. And this player had 0 work ethic to back up his demands. He cherry picked, didn't backcheck or engage physically. Eventually the coaches sat down with him and said this kind of attitude just wasn't gonna fly anymore and the guy ended up walking away from the team. Good riddance, as far as Noel was concerned.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

During my time between Carolina and Baltimore (locker rooms) I found myself getting triggered whenever members talked about a league I was banned in, at first I would leave and comeback to the locker room not feeling part of the whole scheme of things but once I realised that I don't need to be part of every conversation it's been a lot more chill. I wouldn't say it turns into a shitshow publicly but my managers at the time are probably very confused, totally my fault at the end of the day. In the end I'd say both parties were the bigger person because we never spoke about it and moved on as teammates whenever I did advance into the big league, guess it's water under the bridge! Unless that person had no clue it offended me which is an even better scenario for me having anxeity.

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - How does your player handle personality conflicts with teammates?

REMINDER THAT MALICIOUS RESPONSES WILL NOT BE GRADED. USE FICTIONAL ENTITIES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A THUNDERDOME; DO NOT PUT OTHER USERS ON BLAST.

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's reaction to a teammate or staff member rubbing them the wrong way at some point in their career. What was done to annoy them? How did they respond? Were they able to work past it? Did it devolve into an irretrievable shitshow? Whose fault was it? Who was the bigger person in the end? (150+ words)

Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk has an issue with almost everyone on the team (despite no one remembering any problems to begin with), but the one incident that is continually living rent-free in his head would have to be the time he was pranked by general manager Gunnar Söderberg. During their first meeting together, Söderberg had decided to prank DuBølk by asking him if he wanted iced tea. While he isn't the biggest fan of iced tea, he can handle drinking it. What really set off DuBølk was the fact that the iced tea... wasn't iced at all. His attitude went from cordial to nuclear in a matter of a few seconds, trashing Söderberg's office. While this might be grounds for contract termination for many GMs, Söderberg saw it as something that could be redirected at the ice. While this behavior has had mixed results during his time on the team, Söderberg has had decent success with DuBølk, though the team can be irritated at times.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]