Create Account

S70 PT#3: Let Ampersands and At-signs Fly

Code:
Creative Prompt: 236 Words

-----

"For fuck's sake--"

"Benny. Need you to fuckin' speak up here and tell me what the hell the problem is."

"Lauri, there's not a fuckin' problem, we had a little god damn spat about the USHL, why the fuck is everyone making this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is?"

"We don't need any sort of rift in our org this season, we're trying to get back to the finals and get another one before this window closes, so we need this place to be a well-oiled fucking machine, Ben."

"Can we stop acting like we're not even on fucking speaking terms anymore? I've had coffee with the guy a dozen fucking times since we got at each other's throats, we're fine, Coach, fuck."

"He doesn't seem to think so, Flower."

"What?"

"He still seems to think there's tension in the air. Brought it to me himself."

"For fuck's--okay, so, what, you want me to talk to him about it? Smooth it over? I thought shit was already smoothed over, for god's sake."

"Just--have a conversation with the guy, alright? Sit down, talk it out, make up. I don't really give a shit how, just get it done."

"What the fuck does it matter, he's a scout, Lauri! He's not even a regular part of our section of the org!"

"Don't care, Flower. Just get it done."

"Fine. Consider it done."

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Player prompt

There has not been any conflicts amongst the Armada squad, even though we are almost dead last this season. Things have been sweaty for a couple of times but those have always been settled before there's any gas thrown into the flames. Even though some scenarios have been started by the coaching staff, in general there has always been one guy to tell them to knock it off - thats what I call professionalism with a massive P. No pun intended whatsoever
Back when we drafted certain brothers of sort, they were almost to cause some trouble in the locker room. I think they were too excited to be drafted together to the same team. Luckily the situation was handled very professionally by the organisation and the people involved got shut down very quickly before anything really bad had really happened. I think we have not seen them in the league anymore apart from the SMJHL side of things, so no more harm was caused

Obviously this is for storytelling purposes, all characters and scenarios are fictional <3

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2023, 09:35 AM by Eggcracker.)

Player Prompt-Written Task:

I am a consummate professional, if any conflict or issues arise with either teammates or staff members, I address it with them in a respectful and professional manner. I do not air dirty laundry or talk behind others backs in a negative way, if I have an issue with someone or if they have an issue with me, I expect them to have enough respect for the team to resolve it in a civil manner. There was an issue with the rookie Tanner coming into this season, it seemed that he had a bone to pick with me, but for no apparent reason. I kept my attitude towards him respectful and even offered to help when he was having issues, kill them with kindness you know. There was no one at fault, it seems it was just pre-season jitters for a rookie, coming into a new environment and trying to assert dominance. We came eye to eye, and now get along just fine.

164 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

As the star player on his hockey team, Oles had always been the go-to guy when it came to scoring goals and making plays. But when a new teammate, Vladim, joined the team, things quickly changed. Vladim was just as skilled as Oles, if not more so, and he had a personality that clashed with Oles's. At first, Oles tried to ignore Vladim's quirks and focus on the game. But as time went on, the tension between them began to grow. Oles found himself getting angry and frustrated every time Vladim made a mistake on the ice, and Vladim seemed to take pleasure in getting under Oles's skin. One day, after a particularly heated exchange on the ice, Oles decided enough was enough. He asked Vladim to meet him for a drink after practice, and the two of them sat down to talk. At first, things were tense. But as they talked, they began to realize that they had more in common than they thought. They both loved the game of hockey, and they both wanted to win. In the end, Oles and Vladim were able to put aside their differences and work together as a team. They led their team to victory in the playoffs, and their bond on and off the ice became the stuff of legends.

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

It's no secret that @TheDangaZone and I have some beef in the locker room. Most of the team doesn't know what it's about, but some do. Of course, everyone who knows is on my side, but I've seen some sympathy for the Admiral floating around here and there. But word has finally managed to make it all the way to the General Manager. Sure, he could probably solve the issue for me, but it's a matter of principle at this point. Something was stolen from me and I want the culprit to be the one who gives it back on his own accord because he knows that what he did was wrong, petty, and fueled by jealousy. So I am going to tell the General Manager that there is nothing he can do to smooth over this wrinkle; it has to run its course. Until Admiral TDZ returns my pink ribbon bow, the locker room will continue to remain tense.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

ISFL CW

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

PBE affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Player prompt

Before getting drafted into the J, Rhett played two seasons for a local junior team. Through various connections (the North Stars alumni network is huge), his dad got in touch with the team's coach and they offered the young Carpet a spot on the team. Being new to the city and the team Rhett had planned to go into the season with an open mind, but everyone seemed to be talking behind his back all the time and quickly rumors were spreading. Nobody wanted to admit to anything and the worst of the group was the other goalie on the team (named "G"). G had been in the organization for a few years already and hoped to be the starter, but quickly realized that Rhett was much more talented. G told everyone that Rhett only got the spot on the team through his 'connections' while everyone else had to work hard. It didn't take Rhett long to figure it out and he had a long, serious talk with G. A little competition never hurt anyone, but he hated liars. In the end they became friends.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Written Prompt 2:
Sven is typically a very amicable player and teammate. That being said, he has had one teammate in the past that he could not stand. Sven played with a goalie back in Sweden growing up in high school, named Jonas. Sven’s job as a defenseman is to protect the net and goalie, and he has had a wonderful playing and personal relationship with each of his goalies with the exception of Jonas. Jonas thought he had an incredible hockey IQ. He would constantly coach from the crease. Typically, Sven enjoys team chatter, especially from his goalies. Jonas was just incredibly negative toward everyone. He’d yell from the crease, but often the communication did not help the team. It was not productive commentary, just negative. The team never even made it to the playoffs that year with Jonas as the starter – the first time in 17 seasons that the team didn’t reach the postseason. Sven tried to sit down with Jonas numerous times throughout the season to work on his attitude and communication, but it never made it anywhere. Jonas’s career ended there, never getting another opportunity to play hockey beyond the high school level despite his talents.

197 words

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Written Task: What do you want to hear, or see, done differently? What are you willing to do differently? What's your plan for working together with a person you don't like all that much in pursuit of the common goal of the Cup? Are emotions running hot? How so, and what does that sound like? (150+ words)

What started as days has extended into weeks and the fiery intensity between our hero, Tibuk Soonika, and his now sworn mortal enemy, Darla the hot dog vendor, has become visceral. Objects have been thrown and civilian casualties have become collateral damage. Coach became aware of it the other week as we were discussing playing schedule for the next couple of weeks. Darla saw us in the hallway and performed one of her signature moves of a walk past mustard-ing. We were lucky Coach and Tibuk were only wearing team provided sweats but they are now unusable as reported by the equipment manager. Coach tried to talk her down a little bit but it looks like Darla is out for blood (or Ketchup?) now. He has become a point of ire for Darla and I fear to say it but he is now part of this conflict that has been raging for far too long. While the sting of losing our cherished foot long hot dogs has been painful blow Tibuk is taking some pride in being able to try some other concourse foods. Devon's triple meat Pizzas are becoming the go to and he is a whole 8 sections and 1 level away from the dreaded Darla.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

PBE Affiliate DorkDipplet -> DirkDigglet

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - How does your player handle personality conflicts with teammates?

REMINDER THAT MALICIOUS RESPONSES WILL NOT BE GRADED. USE FICTIONAL ENTITIES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A THUNDERDOME; DO NOT PUT OTHER USERS ON BLAST.

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's reaction to a teammate or staff member rubbing them the wrong way at some point in their career. What was done to annoy them? How did they respond? Were they able to work past it? Did it devolve into an irretrievable shitshow? Whose fault was it? Who was the bigger person in the end? (150+ words)

From experiences during my career, sometimes out of the worst animosity comes the best friendships. At the end of the day, we are all on the same team working to the same goal. Often times these kinds of disagreements come from two players who have an ultra competitive spirit and want to win more than anything around.

So I have often found that once the initial disagreement happens, a budding friendship can be born as long as both players can understand the other person’s point of view. If a friendship can’t be born from this, then at the very least a mutual respect comes out of it and that makes the entire locker room a stronger place.

The competitiveness that is flying around the locker room can turn to contention very easy, especially if you are on a losing team. I have been fortunate in my career to play for many good teams, so any contentiousness that came out was quickly squashed. The only real disagreement I have had with anyone is Tig and it was about the Oilers. But I mean come on, how can I get mad at an Oilers fan…they all have to be so loyal to watch that every night ?.

205 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Player Prompt

[Image: UerCH1r.png]

@JamesT hope you're feeling better after the long weekend :people_hugging:

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate