Create Account

S70 PT#3: Let Ampersands and At-signs Fly

Please go easy on me grading - this took way more energy than it would to write 150 words...just wanted to switch it up lol

[Image: PT3.PNG]

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

PT pass because my coach and I are dating so I'd just let him figure it out.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

First prompt & honestly in an ideal world you would just talk it out. I am fine with playing with anyone in SHL, even if it is someone I do not get a long with in ISFL or SSL. Different league, different times & system. I get on with everyone though &love the old guard of when my 1st player was there. I can't really say I have a pursuit of the cup since well, I have won enough here already in minors & internationally & won everywhere else. Its more about stats or having fun during the season or having my player be managed to do what helps the team the most now that I have max assists.

Issues happen, even without me. So honestly at least being open to discussion is important since most small stuff can just be requested or discussed with ease. If not then I guess it will turn into the ending of John Wick 4 with the pistols. Better put your TPE into shooting well.

[168 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Player Prompt. Reminder this is fiction.
I like to think I get along with most people pretty well. Usually when I have a problem with someone we talk / yell it out and then we are good, but of course there is always that one guy. It was on my junior team, he was a forward, I was a defenceman. We pretty much disagreed on everything. According to him everything I did was wrong, and he could do it better. Of course I told him forward is the easiest position and anyone could do it. It definitely put a rift in the team. Eventually it came to blows at practice, as everyone knew it would. It was a fairly even fight but I came out on top, although he probably says the same thing. So that's the end of it right? We went out and had a beer afterwards and it was all forgotten? Wrong. We still never liked each other. Good news is he left at the end of the season, and I got drafted and he didn't. So suck it James! I still think you suck.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Creative task:

When a disagreement between William Salming and an amateur scout who would have wanted to draft a different player (more offensive-minded than Salming at the time) came to the attention of the head coach, they all just sat together down and talked to each other like grown men. A scout said that all the scouts make mistakes sometimes and apologized from Salming for promoting different player instead of Salming. Salming answered that he is nowadays fine with it because he has two rings to show everyone in the world. So, it was a pretty short conversation and head coach just wanted to be there and see that Salming and that scout shake hands in the end. Nowadays their relationship is professional. They are not closest friends but still say hi to each other when meeting in the hockey rink. And even sometimes nowadays that scout comes to visit Salming in the locker room and asks some detailed questions about some of Finnish players who Salming knows very well because he is from Finland.

[Image: salming.png]

Creative Prompt:

Let us just pretend that Ryosuke Sato is having issues with a teammate on the team. If that is the case and he has to smooth things over, they would probably first start slow with a heart-to-heart talk in terms of the issues and how they want it resolved. Then, following the talk Sato would definitely try to at least be a nice person in his approach to the teammate and make sure that he treats them with respect. Potentially from that, Sato can invite them to organized hangouts to get to know the other player better off the ice and maybe determine if they have any similar interests to help smooth things over! This could include a trip to the local climbing gym, or maybe just a regular gym session together. This is of course followed by some food as a team where they continue the chats and smoothing of issues. Of course, not everything will work smoothly, but definitely a good plan on the approach.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

The way that John Hopoate handles conflict with team mates comes down a lot to how others handle conflict with him. Hoppa has been known to hold grudges for a long time and never let things go but this is mostly just if the other person does the same. There was an argument in the locker room the other day with someone over something small and nothing important but it blew up into a big shouting match for 10 minutes or so. Hoppa stormed out of the room but 10 minutes later he went back and just said sorry for getting angry and having a yell and the other person also just apologised. That was enough to kill it all then and they both moved on and everything was fine. It can be that simple for Hoppa but if the other person was like nah fuck you then Hoppa would hold on to that and not let it go.

[Image: hopoate.png]

Code:
Tell me about your player's reaction to a teammate or staff member rubbing them the wrong way at some point in their career. What was done to annoy them? How did they respond? Were they able to work past it? Did it devolve into an irretrievable shitshow? Whose fault was it? Who was the bigger person in the end? (150+ words)

Patience is a virtue they say, and it’s a good thing to be able to show patience in great times of need, especially when dealing with other people in team environments. Although Carolina has been a pretty easy going LR, there will inevitably be people that grind your gears and know exactly the right combination of buttons to press to make you go nuts. In Derek Martin’s case, that person would have to be the new kid on the block, Svatos. It has been covered before in these PT chronicles, but the hot-dog incident really was one for the ages, an incident that shook Martin to his quebecer core. Obviously, such slander against steamed dogs can’t go unpunished, but as a leader in the team and one to show example, spiraling the situation was not an option, and as such level heads and cool attitudes needed to prevail. There was a slight call out, but Svatos and Martin were able to bury the hatchet shortly after and get a good laugh out of it… until next time.

(177 words)

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

The player that Slavakov has the most issues with is Caleb Hayden. As our star young goalie Caleb has gotten a massive ego and any goal that he lets in he blames on the defense not doing their jobs. Eventually Slavakov got sick of it and starting hacking at Caleb with his stick while Toasty and others tried to hold him back. But eventually both Slavakov and Caleb broke through and it became a full on brawl on the ice between them. But oddly enough, beating the hell out of each other in practice made their relationship better. Sometimes emotions just bubble and they need to be let out. After the fight in practice, Slavakov was able to understand where Caleb was coming from as a young player in the SHL and took him under his wing as a mentor. Caleb was also able to see his own faults and stop blaming the rest of the team if he makes a mistake.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Player Prompt

I handle conflicts with teammates in the same way I handle conflicts in my personal life; by being direct and to the point. During my time in professional hockey, I have always found that there is no reason to dance around a touchy subject, as that can just lead to the conflict only getting worse. So, you will catch me now addressing the conflict with my teammate as soon as I can to ensure we can squash it right then and there. I also make sure not to address the conflict in front of other teammates. Instead, I will pull my teammate aside after practice or on the way out of the stadium, and make sure we have that one on one time to say what needs to be said. I will certainly continue to do this throughout my SMJHL and SHL career, because I think being as direct as possible with my teammates, for better or worse, will always yield the best outcomes.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

In Lasse's career, hes never really had any run in's with people treating him the wrong way, and the same the other way around. Lasse knows he has to set himself as a rolemodel to his teammates as Captain, and he never gets into arguments with people as hes always a happy, go lucky guy. But the only things that seem to get on his nerves are when other teammates get into a scrap during practice, or when some friendly competition turns into a full blown war. Multiple times Lasse has had to be the bigger man, and step in and stop arguments with the Big Brute, David Doug, 3rd in penalty minutes in the league, and first on the Crows. And thats about as far as Lasse gets into arguments, yelling at Doug to contgrol his temper and cool it down, and focus on the game. The Crows need to stick together and win! 

Thanks @TheSparkyDee for being a good sport on letting me use your player as a target!

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Duncan Mackenzie generally gets along very will with teammates and staff. But there was one member who rubbed him the wrong way. Literally. In his days in the junior leagues, DMack could not stand getting touched by one of the Athletic Trainers. Although they seemed like a decent enough person, their athletic massages were the absolute worst. She was a 6'4 German woman who was more solidly built that DMack. Each massage, DMack was left feeling like he had been hit by a truck over and over. Deep tissue meant DEEEEEEP tissue. She would always complain to him that he was too tense as he was getting the massage. Yeah, of course he was tense as she put her entire bodyweight through her elbow and into his hamstrings. He finally gained enough courage to speak to her about it, and she laughed and called him weak. The next massage was even worse, so he decided to just tough it out until he moved up a level.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora