Create Account

S70 PT #4: Mano a Mano
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2023, 01:00 AM by Hallsy.)

Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu has been focused on the defensive side of things to help his team be a good defending team and tries to play a lot of minutes shutting down the other team's offense, he has noticed that he might have been not giving enough offense for his team and it's hurting to get sustained pressure offensively. He wants to focus more on getting pucks on the net and trying to make plays offensively. He will need to work on reading other defenses and trying to get to areas where he can find open spots so he could get a better shot selection, he will try and make better forehand and backhand passes to get pucks on the net for the forwards. Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu is happy with his play on the defensive side of things but he needs to make a bigger impact on the offensive side of his game if the Steelhawks are going to win anytime soon.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Somehow, some way, Igor Victory of the Philadelphia Forge in the Simulation Hockey League has figured out a way to be a 70 pt getter. Yep, Igor Victory of the Philadelphia Forge in the simulation hockey league has over a point per game for the 4th time in his career. Considering he is more than likely only a mere few years off of his retirement, it's impressive that he is able to pump out so many points as he did. Igor Victory of the Philadelphia Forge in the simulation hockey league wouldn't change too many things that he's done in his career to get him to this point. He was able to change positions from left defense to left forward. Left forward has been very kind to him, he's been able to find a role on this team to make sure that he's cemented in forge history.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Code:
Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

As far as he's concerned, Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk is beyond happy where he is, because he's the best player in the SMJHL. Despite what the stats tell you, he's been nothing but the very best, and could eat an SHL player's lunch. The only way that Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk thinks that they could get better would be to travel back in time, and dominate at the SHL level right from the get-go. In terms of what he would not do differently, it would be: everything. His 25/8 training regimen was thought to be impossible, but Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk managed to break Euclidian time and train beyond what was possible. He is God, destroyer of worlds and universes, and absolutely nothing can stop him. His teammates might cringe at the 15th time he tells this speech, but he is right everytime, as their pained agreement tells him (his psychiatrist says it's them agreeing to have him stop, but we all know they're full of baloney).

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Pbe affiliate

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Vrana has mixed feelings about how his career has gone as he nears the conclusion of the junior chapter. Individually, Petr would have hoped to have scored more goals and been closer to the league leaders in this category especially now that he is one of the older players left playing in the league. Team performance has also been underwhelming with only a first-round exit to show for themselves across two full seasons of play. There is a high likelihood that if things do not improve in the upcoming SMJHL playoffs that Vrana may be dawning a new jersey when the puck drops for S71. Internationally, Vrana has played in both the world juniors and international championships with a silver medal to his name from the former, with his goal being to get called up to the SHL with a juniors gold around his neck for his beloved coalition of Eastern European nations. Overall, things could have certainly gone better in Vrana’s short career, but there is plenty of time to turn things around once he reaches the big leagues.

Player Prompt: Roddy B is approaching the downward parabola of his career trajectory. Or something like that. He's come a long way since getting drafted by the Carolina Kraken. It's been rewarding, and though he's played on some great teams, with the best teammates anyone could ask for, Roddy is now looking down the pipe at his final years in the SHL. Could he have earned some individual accolades? Will his legacy have an impact on the Patriotes franchise? How will he take the measure of his career? In points? In victories? It's hard to measure success, but for now he's only focused on bringing home the cup to Montreal. All things can wait.

But it will be difficult to take the full measure of his career. He personally excelled on a still-growing Montreal team, fresh from expansion. Then, as the team came into its own, his personal performance plateaued, and the team continues to take strides. Next season will be as many games as a Dman as he previously had as a Forward, and this further complicates an examination of his career in the SHL.

[Image: banes.png]

I think after a slow start, a few mistakes and some missed extra TPE reward games later I've finally been able to keep up with everything enough to potentially have a decent winger which is exciting. I'm pretty comfortable with my skating build and grades this season even if I starting later than most, I have a plan and have looked into other start talent around the league so I'll will be grinding it out to make it, just not sure how I fit into our team future plans and my contract is up. Don't think I would start over and do it again because I don't have must time left in these leagues, just hoping more of the same because 50 points is fantastic.. I guess if I could upgrade my "fun" skill and "social" skills those would make things even better for my experience Wink

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

Prompt 2:

I think that Jonas set high expectations for himself starting off his career in the J with the Newfoundland berserkers where he won the 4-star cup in his first ever season. From then on it was to be a career filled lofty goals, and I think Jonas would believe his career has gone very successfully. In the J, along with the 4-star cup, we made another final appearnce, and also Jonas won the dman of the year award in his final season in Newfoundland, finishing off a pretty solid jr career. After being called up to the LAP in the SHL, he became a pretty solid Dman right off the bat, got nominated for 2 dmen of the year awards and won once, also got 3 challenge cups, 1 with LAP and 2 with Seattle. Joans recently broke the all time dman goal scoring record and now he is chasing the points record. Pretty good so far. hopefully ends with a bang.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

PLAYER PROMPT

My thoughts on the career of Kezia MacKenzie are fairly complicated. On one hand, his offensive production has been overwhelming at every level, and although i set out to make a 2 way forward i still had aspirations of star-level offense and sadly we just have never gotten it. Part of the struggle in atlanta could be attributed to icetime but that is also a limitation of playing for a top team in the league and being having a relatively low TPE count. It didn't help that my most recent school term caused me to miss about a season's worth of tasks, slowing down TPE accumulation greatly. That being said, I'm just as committed as ever to making kezia a great SHLer and now that i've got their development back on track, i hope to plateau as close to 2K as possible. it's gonna happen. Fuck it, we ball fr fr (150 words)

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

Quote:Written Task: Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

Aleksi Kettu understands that he's missed some workouts over the course of the seasons he's been in the league. Kettu and team officials have had long conversations about this situation and what it means for both Kettu himself and the team moving forward. The two sides agree that if missing an occasional workout helps Kettu's longevity in the league, then missing an occasional workout here and there is actually better in the long run than making sure he's there for every single workout. Kettu himself knows that he's no superstar, and likely never will be. He is content with that fact, and is happier now knowing that he is sharing a blueline with a future face of the franchise in Pass Forfeit. Kettu has watched his team transform over the last few seasons from a not great team with a questionable future to a not great team with a very bright future. Players like Reed Kobo and ROTY candidate Adam Prpich headline a Panthers team that isn't looking at the past anymore, but instead at the future. A furute Kettu is excited to build towards.

[Image: 60859_s.gif]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Harrington is mostly satisfied with his career. Sure, some more hardware, especially individual, would have been nice. But he is currently climbing the all-time leaderboards for stats, and has been doing so at above a point per game pace for his career. There's not much you can knock about that. I don't think Harrington would have done anything different really. The playmaker style worked well paired with Seppala's goal scoring build back in the day, and nowadays he's just doing whatever he can to stay helpful to the team. Harrington would maybe like to be a little more impactful at the tail of his career, its always frustrating to not be able to contribute the way you used to. But that's the way things go, and he will continue to do his best and put effort where it is most efficient to and try to help his team out until retirement.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Prompt 2:
Daniel Grumathan is really happy with their current development as a pro hockey player. Feels like since getting to the SHL that he has been growing at a very fast pace. Which makes sense. Training with some of the best players in the world, constantly getting advice from other veterans of the sport. You of course can not discount also the elite trainers here at player's disposal and the best equipment that anyone could ever ask for. That all being said, Grumathan's weakness as a hockey player is probably puckhandling. The amount of physicality and defensive ability of pro players as compared to the players that Grumathan played when he was growing up is quite the gap. It is a lot harder to be able to do what you want to do on the ice than back then which makes it harder to make the plays you want and it results in a lot of turnovers.