Create Account

S70 PT #4: Mano a Mano

PBE Affiliate

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

PLAYER PROMPT: If Lias had the opportunity to do anything over again in his career, he would probably just go back and focus on being less of a self-absorbed lil shit in the early days. Looking back, he probably would have had a much more successful juniors career if he hadn't been stuck with the GM player curse of his own numbers being my last priority been as full of himself and had focused more on being a team player instead of demanding things he thought he "deserved." He would have tried to learn a little humility before he had to come by it the hard way (by getting his ass handed to him), and he would have focused a little more on lifting his teammates up and celebrating their successes as much as his own, because he's come to realize that when you focus on team success first, the rest of it tends to fall into place a lot easier too.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Code:
Creative Prompt: 173 words

-----

"Ouellete."

"Fiorentini."

"Look. I'm sorry about all of this shit that's happened this season. Obviously you and I had our spat early on in the preseason and it sort of... got away from us there. I'm sorry. I got touchy over a comment and let it get the best of me and then this shit just festered out. That's on me."

"Fiorentini."

"Ouellette."

"I accept your apology. It's all good. I was a hell of a lot harsher on you and yours than I needed to be and you had a right to get mad at me over it. So it's all good. We're both grown here, it's all good."

"You're sure?"

"Absolutely sure, kid. I think I just got defensive because you're proving me wrong every day out there."

"Well, to be fair, I probably got defensive because your assessment of the league wasn't exactly too far off."

"Guess we're both just a couple of hard-headed fucks, eh?"

"Guess so."

"You ever considered a career in scouting when you're done the game?"

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - How does your player feel their career is going?

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

I don’t think I could be any happier with the way my career has gone. The only thing that I am still longing for is success in the IIHF. I was lucky enough to start my career in Vancouver and was able to win a championship there while playing an amazing four years. After my rookie season Seattle took a chance on me in the first round and it has worked out great on both sides. Seven seasons in and we have won back-to-back championships, made multiple deep playoff runs and formed a brotherhood throughout the locker room. Our core has been together for a long run and we still have some juice left in us. My player individually has not blown up the score sheet, but now being the top defenseman on the team and continuing to succeed as a team has been a great thing to see. I love this team and love this city. We will return to glory and can’t wait to hoist that cup again!

170 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Player Prompt

Now that Kevens' career is more than three quarters complete, he can reflect on the journey as a whole assuming his opinions won't change drastically in the final few seasons. Overall, Kev has a lot of pride for the development that has occurred over the course of his career. After being an unknown and risky prospect in both the SMJHL and SHL drafts, he has consistently proven that long-term development means more than any early signs of stardom. There were quite a few missed opportunities early on in his career which could've improved his development a bit more, but there are no regrets when it comes to figuring things out slowly before starting to cruise at full speed. In the prime of his career, he was still a bit behind the curve development wise, but after everyone in the draft class started regressing, Kev became the gold standard for what a post-regression player can accomplish. The career has been rewarding and unique so far and the plan is to continue doing the same thing until retirement with no regrets.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

I finally work up the courage to confront Gabe after three sleepless nights stewing in anger. His actions have crossed every line I've drawn in the hypothetical sand. I know I can't keep going on like this. It's time... I defiantly make my way toward the locker room, palms already sweating with anticipation, cheeks flush with emotion. Grabbing the handle of the door, I brace myself and take a deep breath. Overcome with newfound vigor I swing the door wide. Suddenly the hallway is saturated with an infinitely bright but soft off-white light. From which a figure slowly floats forth, enveloped completely in the eminence. It's Gabe... 

A hand appears from the mistlike light beckoning me forth, only now do I realize that all my anger has subsided entirely and given way to a feeling of acceptance, my whole body now relaxed as I step into the light taking hold of Gabe's outstretched palm. As I'm swallowed by the light I struggle to recall why I even wanted to confront him in the first place. All I know now is right.

ISFL Affiliate Claim

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Player prompt

Elena is much younger than her older brother and he never missed a chance at reminding her that she was a oopsie baby so it's her goal in life to accomplish more than him.

So far, it's going great. The only thing Jasper ever did in the SMJHL was win a Four Star Cup and Elena already won one. She also managed to get the trophy awarded to the best defenseman in the league, something he never could do. All that in her first season. She's just better than him in every aspect. They shared the same coach, Alexandre Coquerelle, so it's not even a question of who was in charge of his development. He'll say he was drafted by an expansion team and getting the cup in as little time as they did was more impressive but reminding him of how the team was supposed to be in a rebuild last season never fails to shut him up.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Boots's career has been going pretty well so far. It's definitely had it's ups and down but Boots is playing very comfortably in his position right now. Initially Boots joined the team just as things started going downhill and had to do a lot of the defensive work on his own. That has changed after a couple seasons to start his career after having more defensively reliable teammates join the team. With them on board Boots has more freedom to play the puck more in a two way role and often finds himself on the scoresheet as well as taking pucks to the body while blocking shots in his defensive game. Now Boots is one of the vets and one of the best players for the Renegades and will likely be a top player for a couple of season. But he is taking the opportunity to show the rookies how to be a good player and how to stick together as a team.

Boots is hoping to help bring a cup to Texas and will do everything he can to make it happen.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Playing in my 5th season now in the SHL, I think development and adjustment to the big leagues has gone very well! Overseas back in Ireland, scoring goals was kind of how I gained my reputation, so it's good to get back to the basics and focus on what I originally wanted to do. Starting out in juniors was a bit of a rough transition, having a tough road to adjustment to North American ice and not producing as much as I wanted to down with the Maine Timber. Once I was given a spot on the Montreal roster I feel like my production and development really took off in the right direction. I really have the Montreal GM's to thank for the opportunity I was given on the top line here, and playing alongside some of the best players in the league. Based on how everything has transpired over the last five professional seasons, I wouldn't change a thing.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Player Prompt

Despite some ups and downs (mostly downs for Baltimore), M’Baku Olubori feels pretty good about the start to his career. Just a few years ago, he was humbled by a knee injury that knocked out the majority of his U16 season, then the next year was further humbled by a strict systems coach in Swiss junior league. After an up-and-down 4 years in Regina, he’s finishing his third professional season with Baltimore. In his first two years, he finished around a point per game pace (63 and 62 points, respectively), but hasn’t eclipsed 30 goals. This season, through 53 games he’s on pace for 33 goals and 67 points. He also has rounded out his game defensively, being asked to play much of the season at center, drastically improving his giveaway-takeaway ratio, +/-, faceoff numbers, and advanced stats. While he hasn’t fully supplanted veteran center Lord Raiden, with the youth invasion coming around the bend for Baltimore, the team needs him to be a leader on and off the ice. I think he’s up to the challenge.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Jay O'Neil had an incredible J career with an unprecedented 3 4-star cups in 4 seasons, his trophy shelf was filled up pretty fast and he had huge expectations for success going into his SHL and international careers. His personal stats weren't anything to write home about but winning a championship is a team effort more than anything else. He has developed himself as a shutdown defenseman who can end any opponent chance and win games through letting his teams score while the other team can't. That's what he did for a lot of his career and has been even been developing into someone who can help on the powerplay when needed. S70 is Jay's peak and he's seeing unprecedented point production while playing in one of the best defensive cores in the league, and he wouldn't change much on how he's built himself and how he plays the game. The last thing he's gotta do is win the cup, that's the last and ultimate goal.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]