Create Account

S70 PT #4: Mano a Mano

Ray has been a complete and utter failure up until this point in his career, setting a new career high with 44 pts in 51 games as a 425 player in the J, it's safe to say that Los Angeles Panthers made an absolutely awful pick choosing me at 19, and fuzz is regretting everything ever. However, it does appear that in this upcoming season, that we do have an inevitable ray revenge arc upon us, as ray is on the upturn, and the entirety of the Yukon team is. Especially @Eggcracker9, eggy the goat teammate, and me and eggy are going to put up 100 points each next season, I wish ray knew how to actually train himself, as he has been been outscored by a rookie (no diss HFFO), for most of the season up until today. anyways to sum it up, ray sucks, Yukon winning next season

[150 words]

ps. jk @FuzzSHL luv u

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Player prompt:

Well it is easy to look at Cale’s rookie season in the SHL and compare it the other rookies and be disappointed in the season. But being able to contribute to the best team in the league at this moment, and I do mean best they currently sit in first place in almost every category, overshadows all of it. Cale was called up a season earlier then most the other rookies have an extra year on him. But this season is something special coming off the championship last season the Forge have kept rolling and really accepted Barca and Salad to the team. The two have really enjoyed success and despite not necessarily being on the score sheet they are contributing on the ice having some pretty crazy on the ice for a couple of the best plus minus amongst all the rookies this year. The year has flown by! Despite it not being a jester type season is still one that is the start of a great career to come.

WC:171

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

PLAYER PROMPT Written Task: Developing a hockey player's career in the SHL requires a combination of factors that work together to create a successful player. Physical fitness and training are crucial in hockey. A structured training regimen with a focus on conditioning and improving hockey-specific skills can be incredibly beneficial. Another aspect is playing time and experience as players need to have ample playing time to develop their skills and gain experience. Coaches need to provide opportunities for players to play in game situations. Players who are given the opportunity to play and make mistakes in game situations are more likely to develop into successful hockey players. Mentorship and coaching play a vital role in developing hockey players. They need to provide constructive feedback and guidance to players, helping them improve their skills, understand their roles on the team, and develop a strong work ethic. Overall I think Mats Marner has had incredible player development and has had all of these qualities of high-quality training, playing time, and mentorship/coaching.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Player Prompt - Written

I feel like I'm doing what I expected, and performing roughly around where I want to be for what I planned. My build/development is mirroring that of my predecessor: Delver Fudgeson. Who I believe was an overlooked but very strong dman during his playing time. Juniors went as I thought and I was happy with my play there, and at the world juniors where I won back to back gold medals. I expected one extra year in juniors, so the call up and championship run last season with the Forge was a surprise, but something I try to look at as a stepping stone. I was a weaker player on a strong team, but played fairly well, punching above my skill, based on what I have focused on attribute wise. My first two seasons have been lackluster individually, but have been a part of a very strong team and I also haven't looked out of place on the roster. This was what I expected to be my rookie season, and if it were, I would have been very happy with it. I personally would have liked to see a little more improvement on the defensive side of things, but that can be something I focus on in the offseason and hopefully see improved in my third pro year.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

After this reporter's behaviour does not let up, Vaseline Podcalzone has had enough. Rather than getting upper management involved, Podz decides that he is going to have a conference with the reporter and settle it all now, just this once.

Naturally, Podz opens with the diplomatic approach. Acknowledging that while his job is to generate clicks on his media site and increase his Chirper engagement, that still is not enough reason to justify his problematic questioning of the Argonauts' players. Podz demands that the reporter quit acting so inconsiderate of the players. Nevertheless, his request falls on deaf ears, as the reporter basically chirps back at Podz for being "soft". The next day, the tension continues in a post-practice media presser. Having had enough, Podz decides to show off a rare case of his fiery personality, telling off the reporter and making it clear that this man will never get media room permissions for the Seattle Argonauts ever again.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Player task:

William Salming definitely is happy about his career so far. When he moved from Finland to play first in the SMJHL and later in the NH...SHL, he couldn't have believed that some day he would be a 23rd member of Quad Gold Club. He has been a serial winner which is amazing. Individually, he hasn't shined in point totals but it hasn't mattered because Salming has always done well his job as a two-way winger and killed lots of penalties in Quebec City and Seattle. He cares mostly about success of the team before his own stats. Would Salming do something differently? Of course not. He is perfectly fine how his career has went. The only tough moment was losing an IIHF final at the home ice in Tampere a couple of seasons ago. But when you think about that on the other hand Salming is already a three-time world champion, it was just a small error in his otherwise great career.

[Image: salming.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2023, 09:34 AM by mastersheep.)

Player Prompt:

Ethan Duncan has been around a long time and put up a lot of points and so he has a lot to consider about his professional development. If there was a specific point he would change, it would be transitioning over to a full time defenseman. Joining the Winnipeg Aurora has been fantastic of course, but there’s a big part that wishes he had stayed a forward and continued to rack up points the way he used to. Perhaps he’s closing in on 1000 points instead of 830 and maybe he had the chance at an award still or the Hall of Fame. But, both of those things have likely passed him by especially without a cup win. Another thing he would have done differently was demand more ice time in one of his last season’s with Baltimore where he still should have been good, but was removed from the top powerplay unit. (For clarity if anyone actually reads this, this was my decision as the one doing the lines at the time, so I’m not bashing anyone over this, just doing a little roleplay).

Code:
185 words

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Player prompt-
Sydney Shaw has one hell of a season. With only her second season in the SMJHL, only so much could be expected. She finally bought an expensive coaching session that helped her on ice game. She focused on take aways during that session and man has it shown. Shaw is averaging one take away a game, much better from her one in three game average last season. She is a defensive defender so it is not surprising that her point total is low. Next seasons coaching is going to focus more on blocks. Sydney wants to lead the league in blocks and she are not there yet. She is bairly leading her team in blocks this far into the season. Overall Shaw isn’t displeased with her season thus far as she’s young, but there is a lot of room for improvement. And the team looks forward to seeing that soon.
150 words

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

Julian Flörsch started his career in the SMJHL with the Detroit Falcons. Given the immense depth in the team, Julian was played as a forward at first. This has really allowed him to work on his ability to move the puck and find the net. After a handful of four star cups, and 4 consecutive WJC wins with team DACH, Julian made the step up to the SHL level. In his rookie season for the Minnesota Monarchs, Julian really got to showcase his puckhandling skills. His GA/TA ratio was through the roof, and despite his young age he showed he could keep up with all expectations of a defenseman in the SHL. As a result, he was nominated for the annual Rookie of the Year award in S69. Despite not winning the award, Julian is determined to play his part in bringing the Monarchs franchise the recognition and results they deserve and on which they've been waiting for a very long time now.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Duncan Mackenzie is very happy with his career development. He turned into a dangerous, prototypical power forward. He is one of the driving players on the team. He is a force on the ice and he is a force in the Locker Room. His 50 goal season will always stand out as a great success for him. His greatest success has to be how clean he has played. He has managed to accomplish all his success, goals, assists, and so very many hits, without spending much time in the penalty box and not being suspended. He has a reputation of playing tough, but fair. Maybe that is why he hasnt had quite the success he would have liked to see in the playoffs. This season is a big one for him, as it is likely his last at the absolute peak of the league. As he looks back on his rise so far, he is feeling very very good about how everything has come together.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Player prompt

Currently looking at how Georg N'Zola is performing for Anchorage, on the first glance you might think that he sucks so much he should not be skating at this time. Given his atrocious shooting percentage over the season, as well as his non-existing corsi you might think its true, but when you look deeper into how N'Zola is performing, its actually quite good. Per advanced statistics Anchorage Armada are almost 6% better as a team when N'Zola is on the ice, as well as they have created 6% more shot opportunities while he is on ice. This has been an ongoing trend with N'Zola, not counting his rookie season of course when his usage and skill was so limited he could not be given anything more than the 3rd line minutes. Last year he did not score a bunch, but the team was still 5.2% better when N'Zola was on ice and were able to create 4.6% more chances when N'Zola was on the ice.

Seems like things are going okay for this guy, despite him not being the greatest of offensive threats in the SMJHL - but for a team player N'Zola is probably the goated pick

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

I am pretty happy with my player’s development. In the J I was seeing a steady increase in overall production in my first 3 seasons with the Kraken, and then I saw a decline in my 4th season. That one was a little difficult since I thought I was on the upswing and really wanted to break through as a PPG player. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case and I declined and was unable to help the Kraken win a Cup during my time there.

Now in my first season in the SHL I would say I am having a pretty good start to my professional career. Being over 0.5 PPG in my first season is something I can live with and hope to build on. The team here in Calgary is very solid, so I will have to eventually break through and climb my way up the ranks to get more ice time and special teams time. However, the competition is good and I will continue working to improve.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

@Seany148 and I finally have our talk. I at first am very resistant to want to hear what he has to say. After all he wants me off this team so bad so that he can have the Captaincy to himself. How could I ever trust a homie who would say something so hurtful to me. After speaking on the topic for quite some time it was actually revealed that it wasn’t Ozolins who started this rivalry, it was me!!!! I’ve had so much fun with it and it’s given me a lot to talk about. I don’t think I want it to stop if I’m being honest. Pretty soon I will be moving up to the SHL and he’ll be slumming it down in the minor leagues. Once he makes that jump up though, we won’t be team mates anymore. We will be rivals and it’ll be a fun rivalry that we got to start this season!

Ace Lightning is at the end of his second professional season as a defenseman for the Nevada Battleborn in the SMJHL. He is currently at a 350 TPE build, built like an offensive defenseman, and has improved on his season 1 totals with 6 goals and 30 points despite a lack of PP time. At this point though, he has gooned out and currently leads the entire league in penalty minutes and defenseman in hits. He is still at the early development stages so it's hard to say if he is entirely comfortable, but this summer will be very important in the future of Lightning as a player. Should he pump more iron and change his whole life to be a defensive defenseman or believe in himself and his potential as one of the purest defensive scorers in the history of the world?

If we had a chance to do it all over again, I think Ace Lightning would have been a goaltender, just because Russia needs a goaltender so gosh darned bad.

PLAYER PROMPT - How does your player feel their career is going?

We started off slow, albeit still hotter than many I suppose. 34 points in 66 games? Not too many rookies can claim to have gone half a point a game, but it still was not the production we were looking for. Nevertheless, we reached the 20 goal plateau in season 2 so improvement was showing, after that two more seasons 20 goal seasons but with increasingly more assists and responsibility. The goals just weren't coming, Petr was not fulfilling his purpose. Frustration abounded, Petr needed to work harder to reach his goal, which was right around the corner, he knew it! A new home in New England presented potential for a bright future, but the first seasons there proved to be even more disappointing with even more assists and less goals. The season after, however, a career high: 27 goals, and this season that number was reached and broken around the half way mark. Things are finally going Petr's way. The world trembles.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]