Create Account

S70 PT #4: Mano a Mano

Player Prompt

So far, I would say that the career of Anthony Dionne is a little bellow from what I was expecting. But I least I know why and I can't do much about it. We were in recontruction when I joined the team, and we slowly get out of it this season. We are now 12th in the SHL, and it's the higher we have been since I'm with the team.
We had an amazing S69 Draft, with 5 picks in the first two rounds. We will need them because we had and still have some inactive on the roster that need to be replace. Personnally, Dionne had the Hall of Fame Cillian Kavanagh as the starter at the beginning of his career. Now, it's Dionne who have the pole position and it will be that way until he will retired in more than 10 seasons.
The statistics of Dionne are not that great, but when you look at the team defence, he was not able to do more than that.
The potential is there and the team will get better so so will see some improvement in a couple of season.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Player prompt:

As Mat Smith gets closer and closer to the end of his career, he can't help but sit back and look back over the past 16 seasons. Overall he's very grateful to all who helped him during his developmental years and beyond, and feels truly lucky to have had the career he's had. Going back to his junior days in Quebec City, Smith felt he performed average to above average for the four seasons he was there, taking home the Onoprienko as his only individual award, but a Laurifer Trophy and Four-Star Cup as a team. In the SHL, Smith really hit his stride, taking home a McBride, three 1st all-star nominations, three Honchos, two President's Trophies, and two Challenge Cups (technically, he was a call up for the first). Internationally he's also done well for team Finland, getting two WJC gold medals, three IIHF golds, and two IIHF best goaltender awards. It's safe to say that Smith is very happy with the career he's had and wouldn't trade it for anything.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Louise St. Martin's career is going very, very nicely. After having essentially missed half of her first J season due to registering for the league late, she put together two elite J offensive seasons from the blueline, including the second-best ever (of course with her luck the best happened in the same season) and also scooped up WJC and IIHF gold. A setback in her last J season and some growing pains in the SHL on a veteran team only helped fuel her hunger, and since moving to Edmonton last season she has exploded as one of the league's more dangerous offensive defenders. As I write this, she is currently tied for ninth in the league in points among blueliners, and is eighth in assists - and she's younger than basically everyone in front of her. And as she rises, the Blizzard are as well, and she hopes they'll be contending in the next few seasons!

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Graj's career has certainly not gone as he had anticipated up to this point. He entered the SMJHL draft as a goalkeeper, and while he did decently well in his one season at the position, he swapped to defenseman after the SHL squads were able to see him take some drills. After 2 seasons with the Knights in the SMJHL as a defenseman, he came up to the Philadelphia Forge and had a fantastic rookie season, and the season following was even better - and the Forge won the cup! However, after 4 seasons of development as a defenseman, Graj was asked to make the move to Forward, as he had constantly improved his offensive traits as well as his defensive and the team needed forwards. He agreed, and is having another fantastic season for the Forge - as of tonight's sim, he is only 5 points away from getting as many points this season as in his previous two seasons combined, and his shooting percentage is improved nearly 6x what it was before!

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

PLAYER PROMPT: My player career went really close to what I expect, but he also ended up having some assets than I never really saw coming or that I didn’t work or invest toward. My main goal was to create an offensive winger who would be able to put up a decent number of goals and points, and Salzberger was able to do that during his career and is still putting up great numbers this season even if he has started to regress. The first thing that surprised me during my player’s career was his ability to score goals on the penalty kill, he even had one season where he scored ten shorthanded goals. The second thing that really surprised me was how physical my player ended up being without me really investing toward these abilities when it was time to distribute TPE. I didn’t expect him to get this many seasons with more than 100 hits per season and it came out of nowhere when he went from 67 hits in season 65 to 156 during season 66.

177 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - How does your player feel their career is going?
I would say my career is going better than expected. Coming into the league I didn't know what to expect. Starting off I played 3rd D pairing minutes, put up low totals of all stats and was just there. The team finished last and out of the playoffs. Second season I moved up to 2nd pair, improving all the way and proving myself and earning an A on my jersey. Now in my final year in the J, and I am the captain of a cup contender. Watching the growth and strength of the team progress at the same time I am really makes me feel like a big part of it, I didn't join some well oiled machine just to fill a roster spot, I am a pillar on which we built, and that is an amazing feeling. Next year will be a big leap, but with the strides I have made in the J, the SHL will need to watch out in a few seasons, because I am ready for it. If I had to do it all again I would like to score more, but who wouldn't say that?

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

Tom Pedersen started out as a speedy winger with a nose for goals and making hits. Also really good on the penalty kill with a love for blocking shots. As time and Tom Pedersen’s career went on he turned into a playmaking center who set up teammates more than scoring himself. As he took the step up to SHL Tom Pedersen really upped his defensive game to not be a liability for the Calgary Dragons. Third line center needs to do his defensive duties and be a trustworthy part of the team. Now the focus is back on the offensive play. Practicing a lot on goal scoring and now he is turning towards playmaking and such again. So far this season has been Tom Pedersen’s best in the SHL. Both in production numbers, stats and ratings. But it’s a far way left to the level of playing Tom Pedersen wants to be at. He wants a much higher ceiling and to contribute a lot more on the offense. And most of all keep having a positive +/- stat. Both in the regular season and the playoffs. Tom Pedersen wouldn’t do anything else if he had a new try. Will always do his best to help the team and grow as good as possible.

Words: 212

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Code:
Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently?

It's actually a bit interesting that this prompt was selected.  Strom has been around the world and back again.  With exception to not having won a Challenge Cup yet, I feel that there isn't much else he could have ever done with development or career.  Currently sitting #2 in all time saves, #2 all time in games played, #4 in wins, tied with an amazing goalie (@Matteo) at #4 in shutouts with a 4-star, a couple IIHF golds and a WJC gold.  He will never be the goat, that's reserved for some select others.  He may never have a collection of amazing championships like Jobin or Doyle but I'd like to think that in the time he's been around he's made some sort of an impact for the teams that he's played for and made some sort of an impact now, in the sunset of his career on younger goalies that' he's been able to mentor or give some advice to.  At this point, there's still a chance this season to get a cup and still probably a couple seasons of good play left in him (at least as a backup even?).  If given the chance to do it all over again, I don't think I would have changed anything.

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

ISFL PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

For Lasse Zeigler, his career has gotten off to an amazing start. being Drfated by the St. Louis Scarecrows in the 3rd round is a dream come true, as he was growig up the Crows were his favourite team. In his first SMJHL season, he racked up 30 points in 66 games. and now 55 games in, he has matched hispoints from his rookie season. with nearly 10 games left in the season, Lasse has the hope he can put up at least 3 more to be a point every other game. That would be an accompishment in his eyes. But now The SMJHL is losing its fire, as his new goal lies in the SHL with the Monarchs. The oly thing about Zeiglers game that bthers him slightly is that he has always been a playmaker his whole life, but now with Dominik WInter steping up on his line, he has taken the spot as the playmaker, and now its Zeiglers job as Captain to step into any role offered, and thats to put the puck in the back of the net.

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

An early morning workout with Taschen Messer and his personal skating coach. Some local pond hockey kids were already on the ice!

[Image: 1q12iIF.jpg]

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

How does your player feel their career is going?

I'll be honest, I've built Wisconsin to be someone who doesn't have very many thoughts. Not dumb, just uncluttered. She's an ex-special ops soldier, so she doesn't question much of what's in front of her. So in her current role with Kelowna, she's fine. And her current role with the Specters, she's fine. She's been consistently improving in the Js and has built up a pretty solid reputation as well. While the team itself hasn't quite reached the same level that it did last season, but with a solid +/- on the season, she's definitely contributing to the team in a massive way. Not exactly an "MVP", but definitely one of the most valuable players to her team. And I think that's all Wisconsin really wants. She just wants to know that she's needed and appreciated for the work that she does.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

My career and development as a player went as well as it possibly could. I like that I have become a legend in the shmjl and it has been awesome. I think that anything will go as far as how far I will go as far the future. I'm excited for it and can't wait for what the future holds for me and I want to encourage other people to do the same. I want to thank my gm's and coaches. I think that I couldn't do it without them helping me along the way as became what I have become I want to be the best player I can be and never disappoint my coaches I try my hardest and love what I do for my team. I want to recognize all the hard work that went into it and hope that the future is better for me.

153 words

Code:
Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

Overall I've been quite happy with my development thus far. After an average rookie season with 32 points in 66 games I made a big jump the next year and posted 25 goals and 53 points, both of which were the highest totals on the team. I even earned the team MVP award which was a lovely honor to receive. Now in my third season it looks like I've taken a bit of a step backwards unfortunately. While I'm currently on pace to tie my points total last season and am just 2 points back from being the teams top scorer again, the surrounding numbers are definitely not as great. That's in large part due to our team losing a lot of key pieces in the offseason to the SHL counterparts. We're at the bottom of the league with a 13-40-5 record through 58 games and although it's not ideal we realize it's part of the process when playing in the SMJHL.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride