Create Account

S70 PT #4: Mano a Mano

PLAYER PROMPT
Nathaniel is pretty happy with his career development so far. Initially thinking he would be down for the full 4 seasons in the SMJHL, his idea was built around being competitive for rookie of the year when he came up at almost 1k tpe already. Things didn't work out like that, and there was a need to come up early for the defending champs.
What was not expected is how sheltered this rookie season has been. He has been playing with some extremely good players, and being able to get used to the speed of the SHL vs the J, all the while being able to make mistakes, learn and grow. While he's definitely not in the running for any kind of award this season, his career is off to a really strong start and he has a full season of experience under his belt vs most of his draft class mates. The only way to go is up for a while and he's looking to be a strong figure anchoring the D for years to come.

Code:
180 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

PT pass because my career is long over.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

As it so often happens in these kinds of situation, the things you end up doing at the very end is the one you should have done from the start: The direct and straightforward solution, by talking to each other. But often times this is easier said than done because the phrasing that people "can't stand" each other can be a bit misleading or oversimplifying. Not liking each other usually means more than personalities not being compatible, it often entails the fact that both sides see each other as unreasonable and impossible to talk to. This is why both sides tend to go for other options first by getting their friends, superiors or outside authority figures involved. In this specific case, we actually managed to get our conflict resolved not because we suddenly grew to like each other as a result of our conversation, I'm pretty sure that's still not the case, but because the circumstances around us helped rectify the situation, little things around pratice, team meetings, line combinations etc. that the coaches and other players used to both defuse the conflict and create situations where we are successful together and can bond over those shared achievements.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Code:
Graphic Task: Show me your player argiung with a skills coach, or anything similar!

[Image: pack_pt_goalie_coach.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Player Prompt:

I am very pleased with Beck's career path, development, and performance. At the beginning of his career, he was modeled more as a defensive defenseman. Coming to Winnipeg unlocked a more offensive side of his game. Whether his offensive or defensive game was highlighted, his physicality was always a centerpiece. Beck has a higher than average fighting skill, aggression skill, and regularly racks up a lot of blocks and hits for his role. I am very happy with how it is going. In a way, Beck is currently built as a meta two way defenseman for FHM and the league. I think if I HAD to change things up, I may enjoy leaning hard into the agitator defenseman build. Some defenseman have some skills that play into this role, but I'm not sure if anyone has actually rated as a 18, 19, or 20 in the position. I wonder if having a 20 rated agitator defenseman would break the current flow and realign how defenseman are handled?

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Player Prompt

Ryosuke Sato's career has been going just about where he expected it. A very long tenured career, now being one of the oldest players in the league, with just a few hardware trophies to show for it. Also Sato has hopped around to a few teams in his career which is definitely not expected as he expected to stick by the Toronto North Stars his entire time, but he got some sizeable return for the team coming in a couple 1st rounders at least! With that, on one of the teams he went off to, he did win the best defenseman award which is certainly an honour and a highlight of his career. With that though, although he is currently playing on the Seattle Argonauts, chasing the Challenge Cup and with it being the first time he has been away from Toronto for more than a season, he does plan on returning to Toronto to end off his career with the team that drafted him.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Player Prompt:

Sven Petterson had a very difficult rookie season. It took him a bit of time to settle in and begin improving at a better pace, but he’s certainly found a great rhythm in his sophomore year. Sven plays as a mobile defenseman, so his primary focus is to be defensively sound first and foremost. He went from a -48 plus/minus in his rookie year to currently sitting at -4. He’s been promoted to the top pairing also, as his playing style greatly complements his partner Clint Clampton. Sven couldn’t be happier with the improvements he has made year over year. He has more than doubled his goal and point output from last year. In his rookie season, he contributed 4 goals and 10 assists for 14 points. Season to date, he has contributed 9 goals and 24 assists for 33 points. He has benefitted from a much stronger Yukon Malamutes team this year, but Sven has certainly been a big part of the improvement – and he is thrilled about it.

170 words
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2023, 07:45 PM by Josh Latreille.)

Player Prompt:  My career has been a roller coaster, and I'm only in my second year. In my first year, I was disappointed with my offensive performance. I didn't build my player to be a big point-scoring guy or anything, but 4 goals and 15 points were lower than I was expecting. Come to the end of the year I realized there were some positives to look back on. I quickly established myself as someone not to be messed with, winning a fight in my first 6 games, I also backed my team up with 114 hits and 32 shots blocked. Starting this season, things looked really good. I was a point per game through my first 10 games but fell off as the season progressed. I now have 9 goals and 36 points through 58 games, much better than last season. Those first 10 games are something I look to build on as my career progresses, I now know that if I'm playing my best I can contribute in even more ways. I haven’t gotten in a fight this year, but I have 115 hits with 8 games to go. I’ve also matched my shots blocked already with 32, and I’m hoping to block a few more before the season ends.  (210 words)

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar

Player Prompt:

Ty Murphy's career has been a whelming one for sure.  Honestly, throughout the J and in the early years of his SHL career, I thought he was definitely snubbed for a few awards.  With the FHM 8 change he has stayed above a point per game but has not ever really broken through the "very good" status.  I'd still argue he is top 15 in the league, maybe even top 10, but he has never really broken through to elite if I am being honest.  I am planning on making some significant changes to my regression strategy in the upcoming seasons, but his best years are already behind him.  It will take quite a lot for him to be significantly successful again.  But shiiiiit that doesn't mean that we can't try!! Maybe he's got one more dub in him.  Maybe even two.  Three?  probably not, but maybe he does.  Only time will tell, I hope he lifts the cup one more time.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

I think overall my career is still far too young to really make any quality observations on it but based on the almost 2 full seasons I have had in the league now I am fairly happy. I would probably change a few things if I could do it over, focus on a few more offensive skills first instead of the defensive ones maybe. I definitely would not change being drafted to Winnipeg and am happy that my style of play in the J's was able to get me to fall to them in the draft. Overall though my game is still growing so I can't make too many definitive observations yet. I'm close to 50 points this season but still towards the back of the pack in points on the team. But I am doing very well in advanced stats so you win some and you lose some. Give me a good 3-4 seasons and I think I could be a top star in this league if I stay at it for once.

174 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

I can safely say that I did not expect Mikko to be at this stage in his development.
Over the first few seasons, Mikko saw growth but it was rather mild, adding a few points to each season here or there after making the switch from defender to winger during his rookie campaign.

Now, seemingly at the top of his game as Season 70 nears the playoffs, Rashford finds himself tied atop the league scoring alongside the ever piece Red Kirkby and his teammate Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson.
Rashford finds himself excelling on the ice as a winger, being the only winger over the last handful of seasons to find themselves amongst the top 4 scores.

Mikko hopes that more development is to come, but he also realizes that his body is not as young as it used to be.  He is hoping for a few quality peak seasons where he can truly refine his game and continue to challenge to cups with the Aurora

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Player prompt:

Wednesday Addams feels that she has taken a step forward in gameplay. The Vancouver Whalers have shocked the SMJHL with their performance. 7th in the league, when preseason predictions had them 10th-12th. Wednesday is a big part of this, as her points output has nearly doubled. Specifically, Wednesday is scoring goals. Last season, Wednesday scored a grand total of 8 goals in 66 games. Her abysmal 7.8% shooting percentage destroyed her confidence, and she stopped shooting the puck as much. This season, she has scored 33 goals, quadrupling her output. Her shooting percentage rose by 10 percent. Her remarkable achievements this season have uplifted her and her team for an upcoming playoff push. However, she feels that her skill development has stagnated. It seems to be a common theme with junior players. They develop lots of skill in their rookie year, but after a certain point, seem to hit a plateau. Wednesday's strengths are the same, she's one of the fastest players in the league. She hopes to take it to another level next season.

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

creative prompt

[Image: asxvGcY.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!