Create Account

S70 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee is the most coveted individual award in the juniors league. Who is on track to win it this season?
Written Task: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a graphic comparing the top 3 MVP contenders. Must include team logos and renders.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S70 SMJHL Rookies (S71 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, April 23rd @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Looking at the league this year, there are definitely some options for MVP in the SMJHL this year. I think the conversation probably starts with Bender Junior, who has an 8 point lead at the top of the league’s point race. They also lead the league in goals with a whopping 42 so far this season at just under a goal per game pace to go with their 46 assists. Alekss Ivanova is probably the next best option on the skate side with 31 goals and 49 assists. The gap between Ivanova and the next best is 7 points as well. From the goalie side of things, the top two goalies are probably Tummy Hurts and Tibuk Soonika, both sporting above a .900% save percentage and are in the low 2s for Goals Against Average. Of those 4, I would expect Junior, Ivanova, and Hurts to be the three finalists in this case.

WC: 153

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

There are a lot of worthy candidates this season, and a lot can change between the date of writing until the end of the season. BUT if the season were to end today my top choice for MVP would be BENDER JUNIOR. Bender has been nothing short of phenomenal and the key contributor to his team’s success. He leads the league in goals and points. He is in the top 5 for +/- and number one in shots this season. Hell, the guy has the most goals in the league but sits second in power play goals! That is crazy to me. Toping off his MANY other accomplishments, 7 game winning goals, a shooting percentage of 20.1%! The scary thing, his defensive game is almost as good as his offensive game this year. 153 hits, 43 blocked shots, with a 71 defensive game rating. Clearly all the sacrifices to Satan has paid off for the Battleborn as their star forward looks to be a lock to win the most coveted personal prize in the SMJHL.

175 words

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

I think the MVP for me so far this season is Bender Junior of the Nevada Battleborn. Currently, Nevada is 5th in the league with a record of 29-14 with 64 points, only 6 back of the first place, Colorado Raptors. Junior is leading the entire SMJHL with 42 goals also 2nd with assists with 46 for a total of 88 points, 8 back of their teammate Alekss Ivanova. They also sport a +29 which shows that when they are on the ice, they are doing everything to be successful and put the puck in the net. They have a 20% shooting percentage. I wonder where the Battleborn would be without Junior on their team which is why they are the MVP. They are also 7th in the league in hits which just shows that everything they are doing is working. They are an incredible talent and definitely should be MVP this season. They have meant more to the Battleborn than most players have to their own team. So, that is why I have them as the MVP.

Words: 179

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

[Image: image.png]

Looking at the league and the players in it I feel as if there could be a few different players who can get the MVP so far. The number one pick in my eyes from what it seems so far would be Alekss Ivanova. Alekss is a great teammate who scores important goals and sure gets those assists. Alekss leads in a few stats so far. Those stats include most assists, best plus minus, and the most shorthanded goals. Which Alekss has 7 of! Alekss is pretty high up on the goals scored list too with 31 goals scored and second on the points list with 80 points. Another player that might have a shot at MVP is Bender Junior. Bender leads the league in goals with 42 and points with 88. Not only does Bender lead in those categories but also leads in shots with 209. Bender is also pretty high up on the list for Powerplay goals, hits, shot%, and assists. I strongly believe they both have a shot at MVP.

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

ISFL Affiliate

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]

The Ideen Fallah trophy is highly coveted - it tells you who the most valuable player is in all the sport. This year, it can't go to anyone but Bender Junior. Bender has been dominant, leading the next highest scorer by eight goals and eight points. Bender is also in the top 10 for shooting percentage. Beyond goal scoring, Bender has been a real bruiser, finding himself in the top ten of the league in hits. Bender has been doing it while keeping PIMs to a minimum and converting on Nevadas power play. Nevada is surely in the postseason playoff hunt based on the play of Bender Junior. No one in the league has come so close to dominance as Bender Junior. With such a tear across the league this entire season, the awards committee would be foolish to award this great honor upon any other juniors league player.

[151 words]

I am sure that there are many good candidates for the Ideen Fallah trophy, which is voted by the SMJHL Awards Committee headed by none other than my good friend Anthique, as well as the Raymond Lindsay trophy which is the MVP awards voted by the peers, where players in the SMJHL and SHL can vote for the Most Valuable Player. Over the past few years, a lot of the Raymond Lindsay trophies have been awarded to the player with most points. It is true that a lot of times, there was one player dominating the league, often even beating the record for points and was well deserved, but sometimes it is closer, and yet it is very often the leading scorer who gets it. I am glad that the SMJHL Committee takes more things into account, but I am not going to do their job for them here so I will just leave it at this: the MVP doesn't have to be the best top-scorer.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Who would be a good MVP candidate in the SJHML. Let's start with a nice goalie candidate. Looking at the goals saved above average Tummy Hurts and Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz are petty far above the rest with 18.28 and 17.31 respectively. The third placed goalie (Tibuk Soonika) "only" has 12.62. Going further into the save percentage we see a different goalie taken the top spot with C.J. Sparks (0.915). This does get followed by Tummy Hurts (0.910) and Tibuk Soonika (0.905). With Brzeczysczykiewicz coming in 4th. Based on those stats the first candidate would be the goalie Tummy Hurts being the best goalie in saves above average, and 2nd best in save%.

Now onto defensemen. Let's start with a defensive defensemen for the first MVP spot. We have in Hits Ace Lightning (127), and Dusty Wilson (124) as the top 2 being the only 2 above the 120 hits. In shots blocker we have a totally different top 2 with Willow Soderberg-Snooks and David Doug with 187 and 185 respectively. Neither of those 4 are in the top 10 of plus/minus. Because of this I decided to take a quick look at penalty minutes and saw 3 of the 4 in the top 10. Obviously with Ace Lightning having the most penalty minutes Lightning has showed great passion to be a contender in this MVP list.

Talking about the offensive defensemen there is only really 1 contender. With an amazing 44 assists and 52 points being 7 points above any other defender it got to be John Brown.

Now onto the defensive forward. We got a close top 3 in hits between Bastien primeau (180), Thomas Liebold (179), and Kyle Latreille (178). Looking further into shots blocked we see a different top 3 with Grisha Uskjal (59), Alekss Ivanova (57), and Sebastien Regazzoni (57). Alekss Ivanova is also in the top 3 plus minus (3rd place +36) and thus is the MVP contender in this category.

Now onto the offensive forward. With the top 3 in points being 3 Battleborn players in Bender Junior, Alekks Ivanova, and Mr. Gray T White I would have to say that between these 3 the 49 goals from Bender Junior being a whole 15 goals more than 2nd place Ozolinsh gotta take that MVP contender spot.

Overall from all these players my choice would have to fall for Bender Junior. Being the firstskater to reach the +100 points (also currently only one)

The front runner of MVP for the SMJHL has to be in my opinion Bender Junior of the Nevada Battleborn. I am saying this because as I go to the leaders page on the index and look at leaders in stats his name comes up in 8 categories. 8! They are leading the league in goals, points, shots, and power play goals. While also being in the top 10 for Assists, Shot%, and Hits. This is of all skaters in the league. And for someone to be considered MVP (Most Valuable Player) I think that they should be leading the league in many categories and in the top 10 of most categories. Nevada is also currently sitting in 3rd place in the league so Junior must be making a huge impact on the team because last season they finished 31-32-3. To now being 32-14-6 with 14 more games to play in the season. I would also add Alekss Ivanova into the converstion because they are right on Junior's heels in the stats department. But for the dark horse I am going to have to go with William Tree. They are having an amazing second season. They are currently leading in +/- for the league at 38. But with out a doubt Bender Junior should win MVP this year.

I would love to say that some of Carolina ''Kraken'' players or even my Aumy Junior II runs for an MVP award, but that wouldn't be true. There are two players who I think will fight for that trophy and they are both from the same team.

Nevada ''Battleborn'' right now sits at fourth place in an entire SMJHL this season. Team has the same amount of points as the third place's owner Nefoundland ''Berserkers''. Nevada is only six points behind the leader of league Colorado ''Raptors'' too. And it's mainly because of two players - Bender Junior and Alekss Ivanova.

Bender Junior right now is the only player who has scored at least 40 goals this season. And let me be clear... he has 51 GOALS! No one is coming close to him. In the second place sits Matiss Ozolinsh from ''Berserkers'' with 38 goals and it's clear to say that we already know which player will be the league leader in term of scored goals. Bender has 106 total points this season, which means he has 10 more points than his teammate Ivanova which is one place behind him.

Alekss Ivanova meanwhile is the best passer. 59 assists is the best result in SMJHL this season. He has 37 goals as well, which is shared third to sixth best result too. Second most points in the league with 96. These two dudes have a great chemistry and I think there is a possibility than they even improve their statistics in last regular season games.

Third contender definitely is Erik Bergmark from Colorado ''Raptors''. His team is in the first place in an entire league. Third best scorer, sixth in assits and third in total points. He scores 21.39% of his shots which is the third best result in an entire league. I don't think he will be capable of passing those front runners, but who knows? We will see. Fight for this trophy will be very interesting. I can guarantee you that!

333 words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

I think that one player that must be considered for MVP is Bender Junior. The guy is having an unreal statistical season really crushing it for the Nevada Battleborn. Junior leads the league in both goals and points and is second to his teammate Alekss Ivanova in assists. While he does benefit from playing with Ivanova's fantastic passing skills, Junior's ability to finish has been unparalleled this season and should put him right on top of the MVP voting chart. Mr. Gray T White Shirt is third in assists also plays on that line, but Junior is the premier finisher of the three. Junior has nice possession stats as well, with a CF% of 54.7%, a little better than his average teammate, as shown by his CF% rel of 2.3%. Bender Junior is having a fantastic season, and the voters would do well if they would award him with the MVP award.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

ISFL Affiliate Claim

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]