Create Account

S70 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

SHL Affiliate

When people think of the Most Valuable Player award, they usually think about giving it to someone who scores a ton of goals or who's super flashy. Well, as the backup goalie for Colorado, I totally think I deserve to be the league MVP. Even though I'm not the starting goalie, I've made some clutch saves in key moments and I always bring positive energy to the team. Plus, I'm always hustling and putting in the work during practices and games.

Let's be real and look at the stats. Scary Jerry is 13-5-2 in this season. That means he's kicking ass as a backup and keeping the team going when he's in. That's a 28 point contribution. Now, if Scary Jerry were a terrible goalie, his team would be behind 28 points. Where does that put them? 68 points, firmly in tenth place. Where are we now? Second place. That's not even counting the 4 point swing those games are. I just took AWAY our points.

Man. I'm a great goalie.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

i dont think you can have an MVP conversation without bringing up Bender Junior. a regular Connor McDavid of the SMJHL, Bender leads the league in a slew of offensive categories. his 57 goals leads the league and is 11 more than 2nd place Tingles’ 46. follow that up with the league leading 67 assists and 124 points, 15 more points than the runner up, and theres really no question of what Bender means to his team. to add a tie for 5th place in hits in the league is just the cherry on top. another player id like to highlight is Newfoundland goalie Tummy Hurts. to me this could potentially be a better pick for what it truly means to be an MVP. although Hurts is splitting starts he has easily been one of the best goalies in the J. his 2.47 GAA is second only to a goalie who hasnt played enough to get a true read on. hes got a massive 20.96 Goals Saved Above Average, is tied for first in SV% with the same player who bests him in GAA, and is in a 3 way tie for the league lead with 5 shut outs. boasting an insane 31-4-1 record, i think its safe to say Newfoundland’s position in the standings can largely be attributed to Hurts.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Jy6UjIO.png]
Sig By: @Carpy48

Well there it is the time of year where we determine which player deserves the title of MVP. I feel this year we have a clear favourite. From Nevada BattleBorn, Bender Junior. He lead the league in goals and assists, which coincidentally means we lead the league in points as well. He had 15 more points than any other player in the league. What an offensive dominance he displayed this year.

Runner up, we have Josh Brown. He lead the league in points for defense. He put up a decent 61 points this year. Though I don't feel this performance is dominate enough to compete with Bender this year.

Peter Tingle would get my third nomination. I went through the goalies to see if any of them stood out, and each one was winning a different category. Peter was second in goals and third in points. He had a great season, and overall deserves to be recognized for the performance that he had.

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]