Create Account

S70 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza

The S70 SMJHL Playoffs have begun, and it is time for Postseason Bonanza!

Wait! What's this?

Here's how PB will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 16 possible TPE total. You can mix and match, complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like (up to 16 TPE). Recreates, you will find this slightly different than CW. 

Here's how TPE will be earned:

For every 50 words you write about a prompt, you will earn 1 TPE. That scales on, so 100 words for 2 TPE150 words for 3 TPE, etc. If you wanted to 800 words about one prompt, that would be 16 TPE right then and there.

The graphics TPE scale has remained the same.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you can, please after every prompt you write about add a Word Count (ie. 150 words). This will greatly help the PT Team!

ONLY S70 SMJHL ROOKIES (S71 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S70 SMJHL Draft, this TPE is not for you. 

You may claim affiliation from an (one, 1) ISFL, PBE or SSL PT this season for a max of 3 TPE.

For those who have a CW pass that will apply for Postseason Bonanza. 

Deadline: Sunday May 7th at 11:59PM PST

Without further ado, here are our prompts!

TEAM PROMPTS

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S69, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Code:
3. Secret Plans
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

Code:
4. Funtimes
You have been designated as the team's official Fun Director! Now, everyone is looking for some sort of fun activity where you all can spend an afternoon or day to chill, hang out and build some team spirit. Especially after a long and stressful season, what are your plans to ensure everyone has a great time?

Code:
5. Superlatives
Every team will always have that really funny/annoying/quirky player and personality. However, usually they can be the ones that really make sure the team gels together nicely. Come up with yearbook style superlatives to describe some of your fellow teammates.

Code:
6. Team History
I know history isn't everyone's favorite thing to discuss, but a team's past can really define its identity, what its known for and who they are in the present. Tell us about your team's past! Have there been any franchise defining moments that are integral to your team or even SHL history? Conversely, is there some interesting tidbit that not many around the league know?

PLAYOFF PROMPTS

Code:
7. Winner Winner Chicken
At the end of the day, what we all really strive for is the Four Star Cup. It takes everyone's best efforts, an unrelenting determination to win and hard work to be able to hoist the glorious trophy. Out of the 12 teams in playoffs, who do you think will win the 4 Star Cup? Are you going for the clear favorites, or the underdogs? Give reasons to justify your prediction.

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

Code:
9. What's in a Name?
A player name is the first of many steps that mark the start of a new SHL career. From meme names, real life references and parodies of hockey players, there are a wonderful assortment of names that can be found throughout the league. Which player(s) have the best name and why?

Code:
10. In the Zone
Some players are excellent in the regular season, however there are a certain few that really elevate their play in the playoffs. The pressure and the thought of winning it all really benefits some, while others just have that natural clutch factor, with a knack of showing up at the right times. Write about players who have been crucial to their team, or players that could be in contention for Playoffs MVP.

Code:
11. A 6 Star Show
Make a dream team of players from any team in the playoffs, with 3 forwards, 2 defenseman and a goalie, and give an explanation for each pick. It could be the best team ever, or alternative maybe the worst?

INDIVIDUAL PROMPTS

Code:
12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S69 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Code:
13. Superstitious
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SMJHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your player believe in them? Why or why not?

Code:
14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

Code:
15. Charity Drive
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Write about a charity or event that your player helped out with.

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

Code:
18. Milestones - COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

GRAPHICS
*no change to Graphics TPE scale*

Code:
Fan Appreciation Day - 3 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Front Cover - 3 TPE
Make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Two team logos, two player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Charity Drive - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Spotlight - 3 TPE
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
GRAPHIC: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

Once again, the deadline is Sunday May 7th at 11:59PM PST

Let me know if you have any questions

Enjoy Smile

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

CW Pass - SMJHL HO

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 10:47 PM by spidey. Edited 7 times in total.)

1. Fan Appreciation Day:

Clearly the only choice for Fan Appreciation Day is a Knight’s collectable Bobble head.  Fans will have a choice of 5 Knights to choose from: team goal leader Petr Varna, points leader Ekaterina Valieva, Blocked Shot leader Rikaad Metzller, Rookie sensation Logan Webb, Or Goalie Sea Jebus.  Each bobble head will have skates, but in place of traditional hockey equipment it will have a suit of plate mail armor designed to look like a hockey jersey.  Each player will have individualized numbers and flowing cape with their name plate and number on it.  Their helmets will be removeable and they will each have their face likeness under the helmet.  If a fan is able to collect all 5 of the players available they can go to the box office and get a 2 defenseman to complete a on ice line set 3 forwards, 2 defense, 1 goalie.  The final member would be Pete Aleman, arguable one of the best defensemen on the ice this year.

-166 words.

The Knights look to be a team in a good place next season.  Our rookie group is progressing nicely.  We are retaining the majority of our veterans for another year.  That being said there will be some gaps in our system that need to be addressed.  We will lose 5 players, 4 are impact players, 1 not so much.  On the way out for sure.

Forwards:
Ekaterina Valieva
James Lutz

Defense:
Pete Aleman
Cal Kono

Goalie:
Sea Jebus

The biggest hits will be Ekaterina and James leaving the team, they are two of the most dominate forwards on the Knight’s roster over the last few seasons.  Their replacements will not be easy to find.  There are a few who look ready to step up, Mu Wisconsin, Logan Webb, Wonda Jagr.  The team will lean heavily on these forwards.  But they will still need to draft a few more high functioning forwards.  I believe the Knights will use their first 2 picks on forwards because of this need.

Cal Kono has become a bottom pairing defender so replacement for Cal will not be too bad.  But Pete Aleman is arguably the best defensive defenseman on the Knight’s roster.  His replacement will be a key importance moving forward for the Knights as they transition to next season.  There are a few possible defenders on the roster who could step up, but I see this going the trade route and bringing in a veteran from another roster to fill the gap.  The rookies just won’t be there at the start of the season to help in the same way Pete did.

This is not to down play Sea Jebus, he has been amazing and a legend in his own right winning the Cedric Robinson Award for best goalie last season.  Luckily the Knights have another amazing Goalie in the wings with Tibuk Soonika he split starts with Sea Jebus this year and looks every bit ready to run with the starting crease next year.  They still need a backup to give Tibs the odd days off, this can be attained by a later round pick and does not need to be a super active member to fill that void.

So to finalize, I expect they will go into the draft picking up two forwards to start, a mid round pick on a defender, and getting a goalie later in the draft and making a key trade using a S72 draft pick for a veteran defense.

-words 413

8. An Alternate Timeline:

This feels weird because we are playing this team in the first round, but I really believe if I was not playing for the Kelowna Knights it would have been the Yukon Malamute.  Don’t get me wrong I had garnered a fair amount of interest in this deep draft class from quite a few of the SMJHL General Managers.  But the one I probably clicked with the most was Fluw in our talks.  I really enjoyed chatting with Fluw and I think we had a mutual goal in mind if I went to the Malamutes.  Add in the fact I was 3 picks away from the Yukon’s second choice I really could have gone there.

As for an impact, 100% I would have made an impact.  I would have been on the team’s second power play almost at the start of the season.  Something I didn’t get a chance for until much later this year on the Knights.  I would have been able to really put some pucks into the net.  The Malamutes really started to take off when they added high impact rookie forward Theodore Svatos after a trade.  If they had me on the roster before that moment they would have been in a much better position earlier and adding Svatos would have made an instant power couple moving forward over the next few seasons ensuring a few runs at the four star cup.

Would be, could be, but it didn’t happen.  Maybe for the best, because I love my team and how I am playing and the people around me. 

- 265 words

17. Feedback *bonus because you deserve feedback*

Firstly, pat yourselves on the back PT Team, it has been a wonderful season, and you guys have offered a great mix of tasks to get participation for new and old players alike. Coming back into the league I had a good idea of what I was going to be doing. What I didn’t expect were the additional tasks like “Hat Trick and Rivalry Week” both were great additions. I really appreciated your timeliness on PT’s and grading them so I could do my regular TPE additions on time. I also like the options of an “easy” PT for 1 TPE and more thought out ones for 3 TPE really opening the opportunity for everyone to earn. The prompts you gave were good at getting the creative juices flowing but vague enough for anyone to go in any direction they see fit.

Thank you, and Congrats to the whole PT team!

-151 words

TOTAL WORDS:
955 - 16 TPE

+2 TPE - milestones

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

cw pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

1: Of course for the Malamutes there were only a few items that were even in contention for being the item to get given out to all attendees on our fan day. A long time we were thinking about a dog harness in the colors of the Malamutes, but in the end we came up with an idea to get a miniature snow carriage going which includes all of the Malamutes with their harness in their true glory. Fluw and BadWolf are seen leading the charge in this sled race, with the more experienced Malamutes carrying the main brunt of the pulling. The youngers puppers still needing to learn how to pull such a big sled are obviously struggling keeping up with the more adult dogs. If you look closely you see some of the more distinct features of each Malamute, with Eggcracker cracking eggs like usual, and Jtanner with his pet dragon HFFO, standing right next to who else than HFFO being the most spectacular displays.
150+ words, 3 TPE

2:Let’s look at all players in the more recent line-up of the Malamutes. This is assuming nobody gets called up early or traded away.
1st Line:
LW: Josh Latreille: Josh Latreille is going to enter Latreille’s 3rd season in the SJHML. Latreille has already earned enough to complete the new cap that comes with the 3rd season in the Juniors and is looking like a strong LW for yet another season of junior hockey.
C: Austin Doumakis: Doumakis is also entering the 3rd season in the juniors. Just like Latreille this great center has already secured a place on the Malamutes 1st line, but doesn’t seem to be directly ready to get the new cap going, but the player is still active so might show great signs in the following season.

RW: Jordan Tanner: The first S71 junior on the list is Tanner, Tanner is coming into the 2nd season of Tanner’s junior career and has obviously proven to be good enough to enter the first line for the Malamutes. So far there is also no reason to expect Tanner to slow down going into the 2nd junior season.

RD: Clint Clampton: Clint Clampton is entering the final and thus 4th season in the SJHML. Clampton is capped already and thus will prove for a last time why Clampton is a truly great player in the juniors, before making the step to the SHL.

LD: Sven Petterson: Petterson is the last player on the first line, and another player going into the 3rd SJHML season. Petterson as of yet doesn’t have enough TPE to complete the cap, but seeing how Petterson is still an active player what isn’t there yet could still come, and thus there is also no real reason to replace Petterson.

2nd Line:
LW: Alvin Wong: Wong is another player entering their 3rd season, which the Malamutes seem to have a lot of at this point in time. Wong is ready for the new TPE cap and is growing out to be one of the greats in next seasons Malamutes team.

C: Ray Alexander: Next season is going to be Alexander’s 4th in the juniors. So far Alexander has shown a great junior career and it doesn’t seem to be really slowing down, already reaching the cap Alexander will be a vital part of next seasons Malamutes team.

RW: Theodore Svatos: Svatos came over from Detroit earlier this season after being drafted just before that. Svatos has in the meantime has shown to be a great player rising up to the 2nd line in a pretty good Malamutes team. Svatos also seems to be following that great line into the 2nd season.

RD: Edvin Kalberg: One of the Malamutes that is leaving next season. Kalberg had a long and good junior career but will sadly have reached the season limit for the juniors. This will most likely be a spot that needs replacement.

LD: Sydney Shaw: One of the GM’s of the team currently Shaw is in the 2nd junior season, going into the 3rd next season. Shaw is ready for the new TPE cap and will be an important defensive asset for the Malamutes.

3rd Line:
LW: Happy Gilmore: Gilmore is going to be entering the 4th and final SJHML season. Still an active player this is yet another spot that the Malamutes will have set for next season.

C: Crazy Tomato: Not much is known about this Tomato. Tomato joined the Malamutes pretty late into the current season, and will play the 2nd season of Tomato’s junior career. Being one of the latest S71 players Tomato is doing great and certainly looking like an stable asset going into next season.

RW: Andrei NIkitin: The 2nd and last player who will be leaving the Malamutes next season. Nikitin will complete the 4th season this season and won’t be eligible for the juniors next season.

RD: Furious Chicken: Hey that is me, I am also a rookie and ready to play next season. Let’s hope the Malamutes won’t replace me.

LD: Might-go IA: Risky name, but good player so far. Another part of the S71 rookies eager to show why IA might become a mainstay in the Malamutes squad.

Goalies:
G1: Asher Gibbons: The current main goalie, with a nice amount of TPE Gibbons is heading into the 3rd season.
G2: Ryan Burton: The 2nd goalie, currently IA with 155 TPE, so might want replacement, especially seeing how Gibbons is entering the 3rd season (just like Burton) and the Malamutes might want to get a goalie ready for S74.

Replacements:
RD – Edvin Kalberg
RW – Andrei Nikitin
G – Replacement for Burton, and future replacement for the goalies retirement.

Long story short: The Malamutes is looking good for next season, and even the season after. There are only 2 players retiring next season in our RD Kalberg, and our RW Nikitin. An extra Goalie might also be welcome seeing how both goalies are entering their 3rd season now, and the 2nd goalie is an 155 TPE IA player.

800+ words, 16 TPE

Total:
Task 1: 3 TPE
Task 2: 16 TPE
Total: 16 TPE (cap)

2. Looking at the Whalers’ outlook for next season, there’s a chance that they might have one of the most stacked defensive corps of all time. They already have really strong rookies Bellamy Blake, Bob Wehadababyitsaboy and star undrafted free agent Ryan Quintana-Green. They also brought in S72 player Jaden Tanner on a playoff trial contract. Of course, Tanner is not tied to this team, but if the Whalers gel with him and somehow get him again in the draft, this will be a group for the ages. Blake, Bob and RQG will all be maxed out, and if they can grab another rookie, Tanner or someone else, who will max earn, we’re looking at two elite pairs on the blue line, something that very few SMJHL teams could ever say they had. Things are already looking up in Vancouver, and a locked up defense juggernaut could make it even brighter. Whaler gang forever!

9. The SHL and SMJHL allow the users to have pretty much any freedom when creating a player. Of course, nobody should have anything offensive or vulgar as their player name, but other than that, it’s pretty much free reign. This has led to some pretty solid names, and interesting ones as well. Some people choose to make it realistic, and have a name that could easily be that of a real person. Of course, names can really be anything in today’s world. Coming up with a realistic name can also lead to some great results, giving the player that feel that you just know they’ll succeed. And then there’s some one of a kind references, to things that the average user just wouldn’t have ever thought of. And then there’s ironic jokes that write themselves! So first this one is kind of random choice but the Scarecrows just signed a DFA named Maxwell King II. Yes, that could be someone’s name, easily. But you cant tell me that Maxwell King II isn’t straight up destined for success. That name has star power, I’d argue in every sport that he tries. Jersey sales are about to go up in St Louis! Now I will talk about two teammates of mine. First, Bob Wehadababyitsaboy. I’ll be the first to admit, I was a hater. Not on infidel himself as a user, but on this ridiculous name. Then, I remembered the reference. Now, I think it’s absolutely genius. This is such a niche and unique reference to an old commercial, and this is an example of some of the best ways to be creative with these names! Kudos. And finally, another teammate of mine Inactive Forever. This name is comically ironic because Mr. Forever is one of the top earners in the S71 class. Hopefully Inactive Forever will be active forever, because it is awesome to be on the same team as kit and hopefully win some hardware together! I could go on and on about names in this league, but I have to change up the prompts a little bit for some diversity here.

352 words

17. I have been a member of the SHL for a while. I havent had a consistent player the whole time and I’ve taken many breaks, but I have to say, this format of Championship Week is the best that I have ever experienced. Being able to divide it between a multitude of prompts makes it so much more user-friendly and encourages people to get it done. And not to mention, here I am writing about Championship Week for the TPE. 16 TPE is a great reward too, that’s almost a free equipment training thing that costs you no money, just some time. The dividing factor is truly the best, though. It is far easier and often times more interesting to write a few words about many things than have to write 800-1000 words about one specific prompt. I love the diversity! This was just one of many great quality of life changes that I have noticed in my current stint in the league!

163 words

7. This is gonna be crazy, and a totally off the cuff prediction. It looks like we are going to lose in Round 1, but as a Whalers player dedicated to the cause I have too much pride. We can’t lose to a bunch of losers, so I’m gonna go ahead and say that the Carolina Kraken will win the Four Star Cup. After all, if they can beat the Vancouver Whalers, they can beat anyone. I’d rather lose to the eventual champion than lose to some second round exits. This is all contingent on a big IF. IF we end up losing to Carolina, then my prediction remains active. If we come back from 3-0 and win this series, then fuck it, we’re winning the whole thing. Nobody is getting in the way of the Whalers. However it looks like the Kraken are taking a page from their real-life namesake and attempting to pull off a major first round upset.

160 words

Total: 838 words (16 TPE)

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Prompt 1:
I think that the easiest gift to give fans when they show up to the arena is a rally towel and I can also say that that is one of the few things that I have kept from going to games (the exception is that the Cardinals seem to give out a jersey for the 4th of July games every year and my family and I would regularly go to those games so I have some fun Cardinals jerseys for free). The other plus would be to give those out at the first home game of the season, as this is probably the time that the fans are most hyped and excited for what’s to come in the year for the team. I would probably try to make some neat orange and black towels for the Crows fans to take home and that would create a great atmosphere for the team’s first game of the year.

WC: 156

Prompt 2:
I think the Crows are actually in a pretty decent spot for next season with regards to our team’s development and depth. If I was to look at our roster, we have 3 clear top line forwards in Zeigler, Madden and Winters, solid defense with Bryzi and Doug, and a goalie prospect that is on the right path in Baretto. Knowing that we have 3 first round picks this upcoming season, I would expect us to target a combination of two forwards and a defenseman as we do have some serviceable IA players that would be successful with developing prospects for the season. Players like Gauthier would benefit tremendously from an active partner and I think that would certainly help address what was probably our biggest issue last season, giving up goals. Of course, we did see a massive change from the year before with active players and I think this would be a continuation.

WC: 155

Prompt 6:
As an individual who is on his third player now, I actually do have experience with the history of the Crows from the 40s. My first player, Alex Winters, was part of the first of three straight Four Star Cups for the Crows in S44-46 (playing against the team I was GMing at the time [MEME DREAM TEAM NEVER DIES]), but I think the most interesting part of that three-peat for the Crows was that it was the second time it had happened in the SMJHL but the first time it had happened with a majority of active players. Kelowna may have done it first, and no one can ever take that away from them, but the Crows were the first to do it in the right way with development, savvy trades, and a lot of players who went on to have successful careers in the SHL as well as the SMJHL.

WC: 152

Prompt 7:
I think when you look at the playoffs this season, there are four teams that should be the prohibitive favorites for the Four Star Cup this season. For me, in order, they are Maine, Newfoundland, Colorado and Nevada. These teams were, of course, the top of the league during the regular season but I think they’ve done a great job setting themselves up for success in the post season as well. I am a bit worried about Colorado as 5 of their wins this season came in the shootout, but they still had a very respectable 41 ROW this season. The other big indicator for these 4 teams is the gap in their scoring between them and the teams below. Each of these teams had a goal differential of higher than 60, while the next highest team below the 4 has a goal differential of 31. While this isn’t a guarantee of playoff success (see how Quebec City with their negative 93 goal differential is currently locked in a great playoff scrap with Detroit and their plus 31), the name of the game at the end of the day is being able to score more goals than your opponent and those 4 teams do that the best.

WC: 207

Prompt 12:
Dominik Winters should actually be a pretty interesting case study for how the SHL evaluates prospects as I think he’s built like a strong two-way center, and that is how he played for St. Louis this season, but he’s got a lot of room to develop and grow into a two-way center who can cut it in the SHL. If a team is going to look at drafting Winters, he can absolutely be a Larkin type player (how I’m mentally viewing Dominik going into the draft). I think he will probably be viewed as a first round prospect, maybe a fringe top 10 guy depending on how the board falls. Centers usually are a good option for any team who needs a forward in the draft as they can play the wing well and slide if a player gets tossed from the circle or something like that so that your defenseman isn’t taking faceoffs.

WC: 154

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2023, 06:19 PM by XxCL16xX. Edited 3 times in total.)

Fan Appreciation Day:
The Great Falls Grizzlies are giving away Great Falls Grizzlies Growling bear bobble heads to each and every fan who comes to cheer us on, And have a great time during our last day of the regular season. This Great Falls Grizzlies growling bear bobble head is a commemorative piece that we are giving away to each and every fan, to celebrate the great season that The Great Falls Grizzlies had and to celebrate making it to the Playoffs. The details in this bobble head are extreme from the angry eyes to the bloody tipped fangs to the claws on the paws that seem to want to rip you apart and the Great Falls Grizzlies jersey wrapping the bears body in perfect detail, each and every fan will be able to enjoy this piece of Grizzlies memorabilia for years to come.

16. GOALS
One of the most important goals for any hockey player is to continue to develop their skills and become the best player they can be. This means committing to a rigorous training regimen both on and off the ice, as well as staying focused and dedicated to improving every day. I plan to Achieve this by continuously and rigorously training each and every week, Multiple times.

In addition to becoming a better player, many young hockey players also have personal goals for their career. For some, this may mean striving for a spot on a professional team, And with the draft just around the corner, It is crucial i show my commitment to entice other teams to notice me. Whatever your personal goals may be, it's important to stay focused and dedicated to achieving them.

Another important consideration for young hockey players is their long-term career goals, Where do i want to be in 4 years when i get called up to the team that drafted me. Its very important to me to continue to build my skills and develop my players ability as fast as possible.
Ultimately, the key to achieving your career goals as a young hockey player is to stay focused and dedicated to the sport. This means committing to a rigorous training regimen, and always striving to improve your skills both on and off the ice.

One goal that many hockey players strive for is induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame. 100% this is my goal!!!, While this is a lofty goal that only a select few ever achieve, it's important to remember that it takes more than just raw talent to make it into the Hall of Fame. It takes dedication, hard work, and a commitment to excellence both on and off the ice.
Another important goal for young hockey players is to secure a job within the SMJ. Whether this means working as a Co-GM or if lucky enough to take the reigns as GM this will ultimately develop a career in the SMJ for years to come.

While striving for recognition and accolades like induction into the Hall of Fame can be a motivating factor, it is also essential to remember that success is subjective and can be defined in many ways. It is important to enjoy the journey and find fulfillment in the process, rather than solely focusing on the end goal. My Main focus will be to develop my player to the best of his ability and continue to do so for years to come. I cant wait to see what my player is doing in 10 years from now. Will I be the one they call the GOAT!!! time will tell. All I can say is I will do everything in my power to give me that chance.

As a dedicated SMJ hockey player, I have committed myself to putting in maximum effort and focus towards achieving my goals. I understand that while life may present obstacles, I am willing to do everything in my power to overcome them and pursue my passion for hockey.

In conclusion, as a young hockey player, it's important to set both career and personal goals for yourself. As I'm striving for a spot on a professional team, a career within the hockey industry, and simply looking to improve my skills and become the best player I can be, staying focused and dedicated is key to achieving my goals. With hard work and perseverance, anything is possible, both on and off the ice.

This experience has been a great one so far, I look forward to putting in the time and effort to build my player to the best of his abilities, Score a ton of goals, make amazing set up passes, and be the ultimate team player. Whatever it takes to help my team succeed is Very important to me.

Total WC 823 

S70 Milestones

[Image: CL16.gif]
Sigs made by me if you want one, Check out sig shop.

Simmer CW Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2023, 04:56 PM by Crash_Conrad. Edited 1 time in total.)

Prompt 3:
If our plans are supposed to be secret, and we go about sharing them here, does that defeat the purpose? Maybe it does, maybe it doesnt. I know for a fact, however, that the Vancouver Whalers are gonna be trying lots of shit next year in order to be the best possible team. Our group training sessions may not have worked for the playoffs, but that doesn't mean that we are abandoning them completely. I certainly felt like part of a complete unit when we did stuff like this. Pushing each other to the limit and trying to be our best selves and get the most from our workouts can do no harm for our team chemistry. We also needed to find a way to increase our mental sharpness on the ice, so we have been trying some new hobbies. In the locker room, we have installed a Trivia Bot, that we can play games with to sharpen our wit and increase our acuity. There are all sorts of categories to choose from, and it's fun to play with your teammates. Bellamy Blake has been trying the flags and geography trivia the most, and others like a more broad range of questions. Even new addition Jaden Tanner has been joining in on the fun. No, knowing these things does not necessarily make you a better hockey player, but no harm has been done ever from a little more knowledge, and an additional way to bond with your team. Playing trivia is not our only way that we will be able to beat these teams next season, but it is just one example of the Whaler Way, growing a sense of community and getting the most out of its players. Hopefully this translates to some playoff success sooner rather than later! (302 words)

Prompt 14:
Yes its true I did not want the offseason to come this early, I wanted to fight until the finish. Be there with the Whalers teammates til the very end. But since the offseason did indeed get here rapidly, I might as well make the best of it. I’ll still be training and staying in shape, that goes without saying, but this time in the schedule is good for some rest and relaxation. I plan on spending some quality family time. I know that I often seem pretty cool and reserved, but the truth is, I love my family more than anything in the world, and I wouldn’t be where I am without them. With some of my newfound contract money, I plan to take them on vacation. I am not sure where yet, but we will definitely get one in. More than just the vacation, I am looking forward to quality time with them, that I can just relax and hang with everyone I love. I think I took that for granted early on, before becoming a professional hockey player. Once you’re always training and always on the road, the opportunities for true quality family time become few and far between, and it has made me value it all more than ever. To all my fellow teammates out there and leaguemates, spend time with your family whenever you can, because it will make all the difference! Trust me, on this subject, I definitely know what I am talking about. Family over everything. (253 words)

Prompt 15:
Giving back is important. When you have a platform that will have people listen to you or even idolize you, it is important to use that for good purposes. Ryan Quintana Green is passionate about many things, but he;s especially always been an animal lover. That is why he donates to the ASPCA quite frequently. Dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, all kinds of pets need help, and the sad reality is many come from unsuitable homes. RQG donates a great deal of money to helping shelter pets find homes, and save animals from abuse. When you think about it all, it is truly a sad situation that this happens. The Easter holiday recently passed, and RQG created an advertisement PSA to avoid giving bunnies or chickens as pets. You might not even realize, but sometimes people do give those animals as Easter gifts, and many of the recipients aren’t interested, so they release them into the wild. These domestic pets were raised to be a pet, and cannot survive on their own. This causes these animals to lose their lives in the wilderness, and to be scared and lonely until then. These poor animals should not have to experience this at all, and they should be protected at all costs. DO NOT give someone a pet as a gift, because they may very well not be ready to keep it. Only adopt an animal if you are prepared to treat it right. Donating money to increase people’s knowledge about these practices and to raise general animal health awareness is an important cause for Ryan Quintana Green, and he has been a wonderful athlete spokesperson for the ASPCA ever since he signed his deal. He plans to keep it up throughout his career! (294 Words)

Over 800 words

[Image: nf6AAw2.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2023, 09:28 AM by Whikadoodle. Edited 3 times in total.)

Johnny FourStar has a number of goals for his player as he continues his career in the SMJHL. First and foremost, the single most important goal for Johnny FourStar is to lift a Four Star cup. It is his namesake after all! There are even rumors that Johnny FourStar could retire after he wins the FourStar cup, return to Sweden and become the captain of a small fishing vessel. But, we can save those rumors for another day.

Johnny FourStar is also interested, albeit less so, in personal accolades. Johnny FourStar is working hard to be recognized as one of the top offensive talents in the J. Winning whatever our equivalent of the Rocket Richard trophy is a clear goal for the young winger. Additionally, he's hoping that his talents on the offensive side of the ice could lead to potential Most Valuable Player consideration. Johnny FourStar has very lofty expectations for his career as a Junior.

A goal is needed to achieve these other goals, and that is to stay active. Johnny FourStar is a top 10 TPE earner in his class so far, but will need to increase his stats even more if he wants to achieve his goals. Johnny FourStar believes the key to doing this isn't to max earn, but to steadily earn. By ensuring that he continues to do PTs and train, and ensure that he doesn't experience burn out, Johnny FourStar looks to be a mainstay in Vancouver for years and years to come.

[250 Words]

As the off-season begins, Johnny FourStar would likely take a well-deserved break from hockey and spend some time with his family and friends. After the grueling season, he would want to recharge and refocus his energy for the upcoming season.

Once he has had some time to relax, Johnny would start thinking about his training regimen for the upcoming season. He would analyze his performance during the previous season and identify areas where he needs to improve. Johnny would work with his coach and personal trainer to develop a customized training program that addresses his weaknesses and helps him reach his goals for the upcoming season.

Another important aspect of the off-season for Johnny would be his diet and nutrition. He would work with a nutritionist to develop a meal plan that is tailored to his individual needs and helps him maintain optimal health and performance. Johnny would also make sure to stay hydrated and get plenty of rest and recovery time to help his body heal and regenerate.

Lastly, Johnny would stay connected with his team and coaches during the off-season. He would attend team meetings and events and stay up to date on any changes or updates. He would also stay in touch with his teammates and coaches to maintain strong relationships and ensure that everyone is on the same page heading into the new season.

Overall, Johnny FourStar would use the off-season as a time to recharge and refocus his energy for the upcoming season. He would work on his physical and mental game, focus on his diet and nutrition, give back to his community, and stay connected with his team and coaches. With a well-planned and productive off-season, Johnny would be ready to hit the ice and dominate the SMJHL in the upcoming season.

[305 words]

Johnny FourStar is a highly skilled player with exceptional shooting and skating abilities. He has a natural ability to score goals and is able to create scoring opportunities for his teammates with his quick thinking and excellent vision on the ice. His skating is smooth and efficient, allowing him to move quickly and effortlessly around the ice.

However, Johnny's weakness is on defense. He tends to focus more on offense and can sometimes neglect his defensive responsibilities. While he has the ability to backcheck and disrupt plays, he will need to work on his defensive positioning and awareness to become a more well-rounded player.

Despite his impressive skills, Johnny has expressed a desire not to be drafted by a team. While it is unclear why he holds this preference, it is important for teams to respect his wishes and not select him in the draft.

Overall, Johnny FourStar is a highly skilled player with tremendous potential on offense. While he will need to work on his defensive game, his strengths in shooting and skating make him a valuable asset on the ice. It remains to be seen whether or not he will be drafted, but his talents are certainly worthy of consideration.

[206 words]

Some say that hockey is the sport where the most superstition runs rampant. That gaining the favor of the hockey gods isn't just encouraged, but a requirement if you want your team to go all the way to the end and lift the championship trophy. Well, I'm here to tell you that is 100% absolutely positively without a doubt in my mind correct.

Some players only buy in a little bit to the strange arts. Some won't shave throughout the entire playoffs. Others have a lucky pair of socks. This does nothing to appease the hockey gods. Such a pitiful sacrifice could never move the needle in the face of the crazy things champions are willing to do in order to be immortalized in hockey history forever.

In Vancouver, there is one superstition so sinister that it makes your skin crawl and your ears ring. A superstition so physically challenging that it will test your Grit and determination before you even step onto the ice. And a superstition that puts all other superstitions to super shame.

Of course, we are talking about the Zuul Hike.

The Zuul Hike refers to an off trail hike high up into the Cascades. Before each postseason, one member of the Vancouver Whalers must make this long dangerous and treacherous trek through the mountains in order to gain the favor of the hockey gods. In full pads and gear, the player must take the puck from the final game of the regular season and keep it safe from harm. He must then forage through the woods for berries, mushrooms, and herbs to give him sustenance for the trip.

Many perils await those who dare take on the Zuul hike. For starters, the road is dark. The tree canopy along the hike makes it pitch black in most areas, an absolutely terrifying sight to behold. Next, you are not alone on this hike, as the demons from the woods will attempt to steal the puck for themselves, for they believe that is how they can devour the hockey players soul. And, not to mention, there are no markings on the Zuul hike, and many players have gotten lost and never returned.

If you happen to make it through the Zuul hike, you will reach the mouth of a bubbling volcano, ready to erupt at any moment. It is there where you must say a prayer, in tongues, to the hockey gods before throwing the puck into the fiery pit. It is then, and only then, when the Vancouver Whalers can hope to hoist the Four Star Cup. Some say superstition is a bad word. Some say it does nothing. But I've seen the zuul volcano, and believe otherwise.

[452 Words]

Milestone TPE : https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3355011
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023, 07:50 PM by st4rface. Edited 3 times in total.)

TOTAL AMOUNT OF TPE: 16

- Next season won't be easy - we will definitely need some serious help with filling those empty holes in our roster. Primary thing definitely is a goalie line. We have two inactive and easy to say bad goalies as well. They haven't improved that much and probably won't do that either. Carolina "Kraken" needs at least one goalie who are already maxed out TPE wise or will be able to do it in one or two seasons. So, it's either through the draft if there's a chance or maybe a trade or free agency later on. Hopefully, our team won't lose couple of our best forwards because of call-ups too. They have been very impactful points wise and have a great chemistry. Big problem is defense as well. My player is a forward and he had to play as a defender for some time this season too. We need some improvements there as well. However, mostly we just need to figure out our TOP 5, so we know which players to trust the most. A lot of stuff is based on lines and strategies, so our management plus office can find a way to win with mediocre team as well, but better roster would help that a lot. We have to win a championship, so hopefully my forward will turn up too! We need improvements not only roster wise though. We need a human who can help new players to understand this league, get all the possible TPE and be the best possible player on the ice. So some help in the front office would help too.
(266 words, 5 TPE)

3. Secret Plans
- As I've mentioned before, our team definitely has an edge to improve. I think we have to work even harder in off-season. We don't really have a time to rest or have a big vacation. We can take a week off to rest, but all the other time has to be a hard and rough workout. Training camp will be very important! We have to work with our physical stuff and technique as well. This season isn't even over yet and we might fight for a Four Star Cup, but next season can be our big chance. If we improve our defense and goalie line, plus keep our leaders who might get called up, then we definitely have a small edge against other teams. Our front office is very smart. Team chemistry is great and that's the key to success. We might get some edge with getting some underdogs from the draft as well. Everything is a small piece of a puzzle and it's very important to not mess it up. Team meetings to build up chemistry, meet-ups with fans. It's all linked together and if we keep it all up then we are good to go and will definitely have a better record than this SMJHL regular season. 10th place shouldn't be that hard to beat, to be honest. I think that our key to a triumph might be our fans too. If we get a good promotion campaign then arena should be full for all of our home games. And I think it's a very important thing in the road of success.
(264 words, 5 TPE)

7. Winner Winner Chicken
- "Play-offs" has always been very unpredictable. We have seen many times where underdogs somehow brings the trophy home, so why wouldn't it happen this season too? Carolina "Kraken" finished the regular season only in the 10th place, but won the first round against Vancouver "Whalers" in just five games. Second round is against regular season winners - Maine "Timber". Series are tied at 2-2. Why couldn't this team surprise and win a championship? However, that's a biased opionion since I'm playing for this team. To be honest, I think that there are two real contenders - Newfoundland "Berserkers" and Nevada "Battleborn". Both teams did a great job in regular season by finishing in the TOP 5 and are only one victory away from semi-finals. If I had to make a bet - "Kraken" or "Battleborn" are winning it all. However, Yukon "Malamutes" finished the regular season in the 8th spot, but just humiliated 2nd place owner Colorado "Raptors" and made semi-finals by sweeping them. That's just proving my point that everything here is possible.
(171 words, 3 TPE)

8. An Alternate Timeline
- For me there are couple of things that are very important as a player. First of all - time on the ice. Second of all - team's history and branding. I'm playing for Carolina "Kraken" because there I can have all of them. Of course, they decided to sign me, since the new rules are a bit weird, but I don't regret joining this squad. We are fighting for a Four Star Cup too and I can have my chances here. Nevada "Battleborn" are definitely my primary choice if there wouldn't exist such a franchise like "Kraken". This team is very new, but it has proved that they belong here. Great team, incredible branding, smart front office and a good place for new players to start their professional career. There isn't any other contender that I would love to play for. "Kraken" is a true definition of family, but that team from Nevada might not be that bad either. Hopefully we will get that championship and they don't get in our way to it, because it might be a hard series and a start to some good rivalry.
(186 words, 3 TPE)

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 10:22 PM by Australiankek. Edited 1 time in total.)

Fan Appreciation Day #1:

For this special day, a Knights team is a little bland but it can always work. The commemorative item that will be given out are collectables of every single member of the Knights team. The collectables will of course be a bobble head which is the most reasonable choice I can pick. The item will be handed out by a bucket from the ice, the refs will throw some over the glass then after some lucky catches, they will hand the items out at the end of the game. The bobble heads will be the players face, the beautiful Knights jersey, the players names on the back of the jerseys and their numbers of course. The lucky catches will have the players of Logan Webb, Petr Vrana, Ekaterina Valieva, and the player that has 7 points in 20 games it's Kevin Kim. The lucky catches will have a free ticket to the next home game playoff or not. The items will have removeable helmets that will pop in or out of the head, and skates which can also be put on and off. The helmet will be a mix of green and gold (mostly green with gold stripes) and the players number with metallic gold on the right or the left depending on which hand the player is.

(218 words 4 TPE)

Looking Towards the Future #2:

Our biggest need of strength in our team is more offence than defense. Looking at our Knights team, the most goals goes to Petr Vrana, the most points goes to Ekaterina Valieva, and the most amount of assists goes to Ekaterina Valieva as well. For the most goals Vrana has 36, the most amount of points with 68 goes to Ekaterina Valieva, and the most assists with 45. As you can see our top forwards are like peas compared to other teams. Our team does not have a consistent amount of goals to keep up to other teams when they are up on goals. If our team had a star right winger or left, that could play with Ekaterina Valieva so he could pop off with the other teammates. This would be a big impact to the team because of how many games we had lost because we couldn't keep up to the other team who had a reasonable lead. I don't think we have that finishing touch when we are behind one or more goals. So if the Knights had someone who could support and carry themselves or support others, a right or left winger would be one of the best adds that could make our team way better than it is right now.

(217 words 4TPE)

An Alternate Timeline #8:

In an alternative timeline... I would join this site and discord earlier. But if I had to get my self right now (sigh) and with my TPE, I would fit best in the most defensive team which is... I'm searching right now, I would fit best in the Falcons. I would probably do nothing but if I would do something in the playoffs, but in the in the alternative universe I would like to be in the Falcons because of how defensive they are. The more defensive the team is, the more chances I can get to get some sweet sweet points. My player would do absolutely nothing for them in my opinion, but if I did, I would fit good in the team. I would make the teams chances of winning the cup up, because MAYBE I could be useful in the last few seconds or for a game winning hero  because my player is always like that. Just imagine Kevin Kim with 0 goals and 0 assists for the whole entire run and when the team is struggling in overtime or a needing goal, Kevin Kim just skates around the rink and finds the puck and miraculously scores and becomes a hero in the cup finals game 7, that's my luck.

(215 words 4 TPE)

Winner Winner Chicken dinner #7:

After the Knights lost to the Malamutes in seven, my guess for the Nevada Battleborn to win. Because of how dominant Bender Junior was in the regular season, I think he will carry that heat to the playoffs. Right now with 5 games and 4 points he's just getting started to get heated up, I predict that he will pop off in the semis, and with those points his team will go to the finals. This is probably going to age like spoiled milk but if my predictions are true, my luck is going to go upside down I could win the lottery. The other team that will get into the finals and vs against the Battleborn is going to be in my opinion, is the Maine Timber. With the most amount of wins and a 100 point season, you can't go wrong with the Timber. With an excellent performance from the Maine Timbers against the heated up Kraken, I think the Timbers will get that confidence from the win and the regular season and win against the Malamutes and go to the finals. Both teams are amazing but, I got to pick the stacked Nevada team in 7. The NBs get the first game, then the Timbers tie it up, then the Battle born get the lead, then the battle born get a 3-1 series lead, but the timbers win 2 in a roll but in the end the winner goes to the Nevada Battle born. Lets just see this post get aged really bad.

(259 words 5TPE 1 TPE doesn't count tho)

910 words in total and 16 TPE

Also 1 TPE for the SMJHL Milestones thing for 24 penalty minutes or less

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 12:05 AM by Hungy Fella. Edited 3 times in total.)

2. The Vancouver Whalers had a great draft last season solely due to the outstanding scouting and intuition by their veteran general managers. Last draft they filled many key roles with devoted young talent. The first two rounds were used to solidify the Whaler defensive core by drafting Bob Wehadababyitsaboy with the first overall pick and Bellamy Blake with the seventeenth pick in the draft. The Whalers will probably look to give this rising duo some more help by drafting another shut down defenseman with one of their early round picks. The Vancouver management was also very successful with drafting forwards in the third round where they picked up Inactive Forever, Jonny Fourstar, and Thomas Liebold with the thirty first thirty seventh and fortieth picks respectively. While the young Vancouver forwards are a major sign of a bright future the Whalers will also be losing star forward and last season’s leading scorer, Klaes Ashford. The Whalers will probably look to acquire a high scoring forward within the first two rounds and possibly some role forwards later on in the draft. Lastly and possibly the most important role that needs to be filled is a strong young goalie. The Whalers were led by veteran goaltender Noah Charlevoix this year who earned twenty nine of the Whalers thirty three wins. Vancouver lacked depth in goal and that is most likely going to be a top priority as we get closer to the SMJHL draft. One could expect to see the Whalers select a goalie in the first or possibly second round. (258 Words)

14. Although the Vancouver Whalers could not fight their way past the Carolina Kraken and through the first round of the SMJHL playoffs Thomas Liebold had a very strenuous and taxing season. He has opted to leave Vancouver for the offseason and spend it with his family and dog at home in the United States. Liebold is an avid fisherman which makes him a perfect fit for the Whalers roster. He has been spending his time out at a lake or in the ocean drinking ice cold beers with his fishing friends and forgetting about the rigors of junior hockey. Liebold is also an avid cook and often takes the fishes he catches home and cooks them into delicious meals for his family. Recently he has not had much luck fishing so he often makes a stop at the fish section of the super market before returning home so that his family can enjoy a meal together. Although still relaxing and recovering from last season Liebold still has his eyes set on the SHL draft and a successful SHL career. Every day he wakes up and does 1000 push ups followed by 1000 sit ups and 1000 squat jumps. He claims his body is a temple so he only eats the highest of quality foods and uses supplements to keep his body in peak physical form. Every day he gets on the ice and does a private skate to help hone his skills. Liebold doesn’t only improve his game physically he also strives to improve his hockey iq by constantly watching his old games to see where improvements are possible. With the SHL draft approaching so quickly he has also been talking with many different SHL teams trying to find the best fit for his upcoming SHL career and somewhere he can make the biggest impact. (305 Words)

16. Ash Ketchum said it best when he said “I want to be the very best like no one ever was” and Thomas Liebold has the same exact mentality. Although it is still early in his junior career he has already begun to make a big name for himself. Liebold’s sixty three points last season was good enough for fifth on his team but he really prides himself on his defensive game amassing 230 hits over the course of his first season. He plans on continuing his hot start into next year as he hopes to continue to be one of the draft class leaders in TPE. Currently with 299 TPE going into the offseason after his first season Liebold’s biggest goal currently is to help lead the Vancouver Whales to their first Four Star Cup since the season sixty-one playoffs. Liebold is very confident that he and the other young Vancouver rookies can bring a championship home soon. Liebold also hopes to win a SHL championship thought out his career with whatever SHL team decides to draft him. As far as individual goals Liebold hopes to be names to the SMJHL all rookie team and SMJHL all star team at least once in his junior career. Another goal he has is to be named SHL Rookie of the year during his first year in the SHL. Liebold’s biggest and possibly hardest goal to achieve is to be inducted into the SHL hall of fame at the end of his SHL career and most importantly to have fun the whole time. (260 Words)

(823 Words Total) 
16 TPE
+3 TPE - Milestones
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 11:31 PM by hewasajazzman.)

1 Fan Appreciation Day
for fan appreciation day i decided to go a fun or whimsical route for the Carolina Kraken’s product. all fans who attended the last game against the Colorado Raptors, 2037-1-13 according to the index, received a squid hat… complete with hanging tentacles and everything. they seemed to be a hit and seeing the sea of orange squids in the stands was pretty hilarious.

[67 words] +1 tpe

2 Looking Towards the Future
with s70 coming to a close, the Carolina Kraken have some big names no longer eligible to play in the juniors. currently on their way out the door are:

LW- Liam Logger
LW- Derek Martin
LW- Marton Diehm
RD- Andy Ceylon

looking at this list you may think Carolina will be hurting on Left Wing come s71, but digging deeper into their roster you may notice that they were prepared for this sort of thing. the Kraken roster will look something like this prior to the s71 SMJHL Draft:

italics denotes IA player

Center:
[s70] Timo Lambert
[s70] Curious Betsy
[s71] Aumy Junior II

Left Wing:
[s69] FITTED *PRIMETIME99* CUDDLES
[s71] James Supercard
[s71] Bryce Mitchell
[s71] Filip Svatos
[s71] Aaron Ranger

Right Wing:
[s69] Johnny Wagner-Svenson
[s71] Matt Stro
[s71] Alexej Kastrba
[s71] Extra Magic

Left Defense:
[s69] Kelly O’Neil
[s70] Edmund Rothaus

Goalie:
[s69] Elias Adelberg
[s71] Apollo Peed

you’ll notice right away that the Kraken went out and got a plethora of wingers in s70, effectively taking care of the big issue when it comes to their players that are aging out. although not every draft pick looks to have panned out, they still have a solid enough group to make a top 6 completely comprised of active players. in terms of the state of the team, i would say their forwards are actually their strength… and that’s saying a lot when you look at what they are losing. while the inactive goalies may be some cause for concern, the real glooming issue with the roster is obviously the defense. you may have noticed that there isn’t even a Right Defense list above… meaning that not only are the two defensmen inactive, but one may have to play on their off-side. if i am Carolina’s management, i am looking hard at defensmen in the upcoming draft… or maybe even making some moves to acquire some who are already established in the league. an active goalie would simply be a bonus at this point as they have 4 giant holes in their defense. other than that, maybe you slide a right winger over to center on your bottom line and boom… you’ve got yourself a team.

[368 words] +7 tpe (running total: 8)

4 Funtimes
making sure the entire team has fun might be somewhat of a difficult task, everyone of us is different and it could be tough to come up with something that caters to each individual. so my plan is a bit devious and, to be quite honest, on the illegal side of things. once the team has had its time to wind down back home with their families, i think i can probably convince them to come to a party. i mean, we spend so much time together during the season, you gotta figure we’ll miss each other after a while. so anyway, while i’m sure most of us will have some fun after loosening up with a couple drinks, i’ve decided to take things a step further and spike everything with… uhh… MDMA. we’re talkin everything, the alcohol, the food, water, whatever is going to be ingested will have a bit of the stuff in it. gotta cover all the bases just incase someone doesn’t have one thing or another ya know? of course, i’ll have to be careful to only use small amounts so that someone doesn’t end up taking too much. once things really start rollin’ (ha see what i did there?) that’s when i’ll break out the secret stuff i have rigged up. all sortsa lights… strobes, black lights, what have you, glow in the dark shit of all different textures, probably some neon body paint. break out the sound system and blast some bass heavy edm and i’m sure things will get wild. dont worry, i’ll make sure to stash us some untainted water for when things are in motion. now, i don’t condone this sort of thing and have never done it myself, but hey… you’re the one forcing me to make sure EVERYONE has a good time. next time don’t put me in charge.

[310 words] +6 tpe (running total: 14)

18 Milestones
Alexej Kastrba Milestones

+3 tpe (running total: 16+)