Create Account

S70 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza

18. Milestones +3 TPE - Milestones

12. On the Radar
If you want a physical Center who is willing to throw his body out for blocks and hits every night look no further than Shootin Blanks. If you also want a teammate who is willing to change positions and help out the team, I guess still look no further than Shootin Blanks. What he lacks on offense is nothing compared to what he brings to the table defensively. A true definition of Grinder, Blanks clear-cut attributes are his faceoff wins, strength and willingness to hit whoever comes near him. Splitting time this year was not an easy decision but to get some others playing time is always best for the team. In 43 games this season, Blanks put up 12 goals and 22 dishes On the Maine Timbers. His +32 was due in large part to the fact that the Timbers are one of if not the best team in Juniors this year. But with 112 hits and 14 blocks in just 43 games the Timbers are itching to get him out there full-time. Time will tell how Blanks progresses, but one thing is for sure whoever drafts him will get the ultimate team player and physical beast. The playoffs have only made Blanks stronger as a player.

208 words 4 TPE

16. Goals
I mean the obvious goals is to win the cup every year and make the HOF after it is all said and done but let me be realistic for once. I think statistically it would be cool to have or at least be close to having the most hits in franchise history, added on top of more wins than losses in fights. Goals are cool and all but being scared of on the ice makes it that much better for me. One of my main goals in juniors and in SHL would one day wear the C on my uniform. I feel like being a positive person in the Locker-room and helping out here and there its possible. I'll make mistakes but for sure would learn from them, giving and taking advice is something I do very well. I tend to keep a laid-back vibe and I hope some GM's recognize that coming into the draft. I've been telling everyone that winning is cool and all but having fun in this league is my main priority and I feel it is a lot of others. Some people just have to be reminded of it at times. I feel I can be that voice of reasoning at times.

207 words 4 TPE

7. Winner Winner Chicken
I mean I feel this is an easy choice for me and why wouldn't I choose the favored Maine Timbers. When you have Goal scorers like Peter Tingle and Edzus Ozolins and assist masters like Barefoot Sugar and Damien Hirano it's hard to not get excited about not just this postseason but the future to come as well. So far this season it seems to be a whirl wind of ups and some small downs. If we don't win it all this season, I wouldn't say it's a disappointment, but it will sting for sure. It's crazy to see our other teammates like Patrice Bergeron, Iliket Urtles, Mushu The Dragon and William Tree who could very easily be first-line starters but have to wait their turn to get on the ice. This team is stacked and poised for not just this year but for the future as well.  A real quick shout out to Brent Turnerson for the amazing season he is having as well. Goalies don't get enough credit and what he is doing this postseason is absolutely elite and deserves a shout-out. What the Timber's do day in and day out to show up like they have been has been a beautiful thing to watch and be apart of. Go Timbers!!!

213 Words 4 TPE

17. Feedback
My thought process for PT's I feel they have been pretty good this season. I come from the PBE and I have noticed I have been coming to the SHL to write my prompts at times because they seem to interest me more. So, props to you all this year and thanks.

50 Words 1 TPE

16 TPE completed thanks!

Go Timbers!

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2023, 05:58 PM by Sizz. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. Fan Appreciation Day

The Nevada Battleborn has a phenomenal fanbase who are some of the best in the junior league. In appreciation for them and their rather rambunctious demeanor, the Nevada Battleborn would like to give back something to commemorate one the best seasons a player has had for our team. In keeping with his namesake, Bender Junior, the Battleborn have decided to give out a small, bent lead pipe that you can use to wave in the air when Bender scores a goal during the postseason. These pipes will be handed out upon entry at the first playoff game against the Great Fall Grizzlies. Show your support for the Battleborn by putting some lead in the air and waving it like you just don't care.

Legal Notice: The Nevada Battleborn and any affiliated partners and/or sponsors are not responsible for any lead contamination and/or poisoning suffered while waving said lead pipes. Any attempt to use the lead pipes as a weapon will result in permanent bans and police reports will be filed.

Narrator: the lead pipes were the cause of 14 major injuries during the first game and were succintly banned from further games. Any poisonings have yet to be reported.

201 words (4 TPE)

--------------------------------------------------------

9. What's in a Name?

I'm going to stick with the S71 rookie class:

Furious Chicken - I just immediate think about a super angry rooster that somehow has miniature pads, mini skates and a stick and flies into people's faces and pecks at them when they get close so no one really wants to play defense against it.

Shootin Blanks: I like to think of this guy as a player who has such extremely high self esteem but lacks the talent to match it and simply shoots the puck as soon as he gets it from any position in the offensive zone. It goes without saying I think that I also just imagine it flying past the net and smashing into the glass behind.

Max Carnage: (Homer pick, sorry) I'm pretty happy with this name since he's a power forward and I really tried to make him a tough S.O.B. Maybe an enforcer would have been a better archetype to use here simply based on the name.

Mick Mayhem: I'm a sucker for alliteration and I love this name. It reminds me quite a bit of my own player's namesake in that it really just makes you imagine a guy that who creates mayhem the second his skates hit the ice.

Might-go IA and Inactive Forever: I don't need high brow humor and these two names always put a smile on my face when I see them.

Barg Hazbite: I love the fact that this particular player simply has a can of Barg's (sic) root beer as their player render but they stand at 6ft 9in and weight 270lbs. That's a big can of root beer.

271 words (5 TPE)

-------------------------------------------------

17. Feedback
In general, I thought the point tasks were pretty sweet. The included some ideas that were easy to generate some ideas from and gave the ability to be creative and have fun with it. I particularly enjoyed the "Lights, camera" mPT #3 and the "Party Time" mPT #2. They were quite a bit of fun and let me just enjoy the writing. I chose to do a few of the full Point Tasks (3 pointers) as graphics and had a blast doing the Rivalry Week (PT #3) and Pre-game Playlist (PT #4). I also thought the "Thanks" mPT was a great way to show some appreciation for the hard work that a lot of other users do to make this league as great as it is. I was able to give some shout outs to some deserving people.

One thing I did think could be made a bit more clear was there were a few voting threads that were in the SHL Player Progression forum that would I wouldn't have found without some help. It might help to make a post in the SMJHL Player Progression forum simply linking to the thread because I never actually went into the main SHL Player Progression forum since my player isn't a senddown.

210 words (4 TPE)

-----------------------------------------------

ISFL Affiliate Link PT#3 (3 TPE)

-----------------------------------------------

16 Total TPE: 13 From the Postseason Bonanza and 3 from the Affiliate Link

+3 TPE - S70 SMJHL Milestones

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

HO PASS

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2023, 12:07 AM by kit. Edited 1 time in total.)

++3 TPE - Milestones

The Whalers history is a long and storied one but today we are going to focus on the shortlived GM tenure of user "kit". Kit was appointed the Whalers GM and was quickly met with controversy. Many Whalers alumni expressed displeasure at the appointing of kit as he was not a whalers alumni himself, and rather an outside hire. Kit would quickly prove the haters correct, but not for the reasons they thought. Kit went inactive rapidly and left the assistant gm with all the work. Luckily kit appointed a great co gm in JHS and he did amazingly filling in.

101 words +2

Forever would be playing still for the whalers if the universe was correct as he would have been first overall, but if that wasnt the case he likely would be playing for the Scarecrows. His relatives both played for the crows and his family has a long storied history there. He'd slot in easily on the second line and I'm not sure things would be too much different stat-wise. However Forever wouldn't have made the friends he has made with Vancouver, and maybe eventually would live up to his name. Because now he knows that vancouver is the place for him.

101 words +2

Forever is a player that you would expect to be a pure scorer based on his skillsets. He has an incredible offensive read as well as a killer shot. However just looking at his skills would do him a disservice. You may look at Forever in the locker room and say to yourself "he's too small to do anything other than play offense" and you would be dead wrong. Forever isn't afraid to throw around the body and risk his health to block a shot. While his offensive skillset may be elite, the physical play is not something to be slept on. The biggest concern with Forever is his commitment to getting better. As the name implies he will be a risk for teams to draft. His family has a history of falling off after a few seasons because they don't want to put the work in. Even though his great grandfather was a first ballot hall of famer, the rest in his family line has disappointed to an extent. But I wouldnt be surprised to see a team take a flyer on Forever in the early rounds. The risk could be well worth the rewards and this reporter thinks they will be.

203 WORDS +4

Forever is spending his offseason back in Japan. Going to soba bars and eating as much as possible. He's trying to put on weight for the next season. Last season when he hit players they barely flinched, the stat might have happened but the effect was low. If he puts on weight the hits might matter a bit more. He will also spend some time learning to ski in vancouver. He loves the city and the fans and learning to ski has been a lifelong goal of his. Hopefully it works and maybe it will help with his skating a bit.

101 words +2

Honestly CW has always been more of a chore. These multiple optional prompts are really nice though. I do personally wish milestones werent a part of this cap, as its a nice reward for doing well in certain areas with your player. I was the SMJHL PT head for a bit and I know it can be an absolute pain to come up with interesting prompts. So I like the idea of letting people do the one prompt they really like for 800 words if they want, it the option of that, or basically doing 16 mPTs is awesome. If I had to say one thing i wish we could add is bring back the trivia or word scramble. I know it was basically free tpe but it was nice to have especially if youre losing interest in the site. Having that extra free 4 tpe or whatever was really nice.

151 words +3

Total 16

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Milestones +3 TPE

1. Fan Appreciation Day

For fan appreciation day I decided to go with special commemorative towels, with one side having the Scarecrows logo on it and on the other side of it a picture of the entire team on it. Also the first 5k fans will get a random bobblehead in the shape of a scarecrow with the face of one of the four rookies from this season. Also for every fan that comes to the game, there are free drinks stations around the stadium. Also a select number of lucky fans have won a giveaway of a signed poster of the team. The winners were picked by random seats and the confirmation was already emailed to the lucky fans before the game started. Also at the East entrance there is a makeshift field were fans can walk through at look at the Scarecrow statues of former Crow legends, before the game St. Louis mascot Hayes will be haunting that field and if your able to find him he will give out a reward ranging from gift cards, to personalized autographed St. Louis Scarecrows hockey cards to even free tickets to a game next year. It's been a rough for the fans but me and the organization are determined to show just how much we care and appreciate them.

-215 words

2. Looking Towards the Future

The St. Louis Scarecrows are only going to get better next season both the top line of Marshall Madden, Dominik Winters, and Lasse Zeigler along with top pair defensemen Jay Bryzi and David Doug. Even both starting goalies Kay Lee and Kyle Baretto return next season. Statically the Crows biggest weakness is their goalscoring as they ranked last in every offensive category last season, but the biggest weakness coming into the draft is finding active players. They have a solid S70 draft class to build on along with 2 active veterans but with 3 1st round picks they definitely need to pick up heavily active and talented players with each of those picks. Our deepest position right now is probably goalie who are manned by 2 semi active users. The biggest strength of this team is it's defense, it's in the top half of every defensive category including having a greatly improved penalty kill and top 3 in takeaways, our aggressive style has done a great job improving from last season but hasn't translated into offensive success. With this team being so young however, it's a team that should be better then last year and should get stronger as the season goes on.

-203 words

12. On the Radar

Coming into the season Jay Bryzi was an offensively minded defenseman who got drafted by St. Louis which is a team that is basically a black hole for offense. Offense wise Bryszi totally underperformed only contributing 17 points with 12 of those being assists and nowhere the top of his class when it comes to offensive numbers. On the bright side Bryzi gets into good position in the offensive zone, he knows where to, finds open ice and is careful with the puck. He's a good passer and has a nice shot from the point. While more due to the talent on the team rather then his actual ability he was on the starting defensive pair and contributed on both the power play and penalty kill. So what does keep Jay in the first round as a prospect, plain and simple he was really good defensively. Bryzi was among the top rookie defensemen in the hits department and also but hope good number in the blocked shots and takeaways. Defensively he's a solid defender who knows how to hit and stay in good position. Physically he's not elite in anything but he really doesn't have a weakness anywhere either, good strength mixed with solid speed and agility. So what are you getting when you draft Jay Bryzi? Someone who knows how to play in any situation, someone who will work hard in any role even if it's not his preferred role. This season he has shown that he's willing to sacrifice offensive production to be more reliable defensively, Bryzi is also very good at taking care of the puck and is a good puck mover. All in all, whoever drafts Bryzi is getting a hard working defender who has proven can be a solid defensive defenseman and has a lot of untapped potential in the offensive zone.

-307 words

18. Milestones

+2 TPE

16/16 TPE

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2023, 04:26 PM by MMFLEX. Edited 2 times in total.)

ISFL PT +3

Prompt #4: We have had fun throughout the season, even in the struggles we've faced. But, for an offseason trip I'm planning on reserving a small island for a weekend. I'm planning on some much needed relaxing time around the water, some catered food all weekend, but also have some fun intense activities planned. One of them is a giant scavenger hunt around the island where all the teammates will have to solve clues that point to where an object is hidden on the island; first one to finish wins some goodies. I have a competitive game of paintball planned that we can just hop in the ocean to wash off when we're finished. I'm going to have some jet skis and other random fun things around that we can use in down time. This will be a players only event so we'll get some team bonding in that hopefully carries over to next season.

Code:
153 Words

Prompt #5: Tony Soprano - Tony is the teammate that is most likely to win American Idol. He's got some chops.
Oskar Scholz - Oskar would definitely be voted as most likely to own a shoe line. Dude has a whole room full of shoes.
Daniel Grumathan - Sorry, Grum. You'd be most likely to end up in jail. My boy does some sus things constantly.
Georg N'Zola - Georg is the guy that would win a cheese eating competition. He's got to be from Wisconsin or something.
Finn Weib - Finn is the one that would be likely to father the most children. His biggest hobby is donating to the sperm bank.
Sebastien Regazzoni - Seb would be the teammate most likely to win a political election. He's always talking politics, and nobody is every listening.
Barg Hazbite (Me!) - I'd probably be most likely suffer a career ending injury. I'm too much of a klutz out on the ice.
Ignacio Garza - Iggy is most likely to date a supermodel. I say this because he's already dated three supermodels.
Xavier Ali - Ali is most likely to have a career in another sport. With a name like Ali, you know he'd kick butt in boxing.
Gnabe Dabson - Gnabe has to be the guy most likely to create the next trendy dance. Remember planking? Gnabe is rumored to have started that.
Lazos Otasrob - Lazos would be most likely to evolve into a Pokemon. Wait what? Where did these questions come from?
Little Monky - Monk is who would be most likely to be a zookeeper. He owns a lot of exotic animals already.
Jayden Martens - Jay would be most likely to have a career in broadcast after hockey. He's just got that radio voice.
Davos Otasrob - Davos has to be most likely to win a spelling bee. He's constantly correcting spelling on our team memos.
Theodore Lauzon - Teddy is the teammate most likely to get lost during an away game. He's done it too many times to count already.
Johnny Shuffleboard - Johnny would be most likely to visit space. Someone said he already has offers to work for NASA when he's done playing.
George Walsh - Walshy is the one most likely to get kidnapped. Kid has some billionaire parents. Someone has to have thought about taking him for ransom.
Peter Lasma - Pete is most likely to be the one to cure cancer. I just feel it in my bones on this one.

Code:
419 Words

Prompt 12: Any SHL team looking to draft Barg Hazbite has a lot to be excited about with this player. He's offensive minded and can rack up the goals with the best of them, however it's not what he can do on the ice that General Managers should be excited about; it's his entire demeanor. Barg is the ultimate team player, and teams need guys like him that won't be a distraction, that don't need the big contracts, that don't need the fame and glory. He just wants to be the best teammate that he can be in order to help his team win. If the coaches don't want his role to be a goal scorer, Barg won't bat an eye about stepping into another role that makes sense for the team. His mindset is everything right, and oftentimes we don't see players with this kind of attitude. On the downside, he's shown he can be a little lazy at times. Just give him that Barq's and he'll boost back up.

Code:
169 Words

Affiliate (3) + 150 (3) + 400 (8) + 150 (3) = 17 >> 16 TPE

+3 Milestones - Milestones

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
In Alaska it is really cold. If you have never been there, then you are like me. But it is really cold. So we give out things to help our fans stay warm in the cold air! So at tonight's game we will be giving out earmuffs. Yes, earmuffs with the Armanda logo it. Think that sound stupid? Well I haven't yet gotten to the best part about these earmuffs. We managed to turn a foam finger we are the best into an earmuff. The earmuffs turn up one finger in the back of the head with the other 4 down on which it is written "Go Armanda Go."
(109 words, 2 TPE)
Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S69, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Code:
3. Secret Plans
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

Code:
4. Funtimes
You have been designated as the team's official Fun Director! Now, everyone is looking for some sort of fun activity where you all can spend an afternoon or day to chill, hang out and build some team spirit. Especially after a long and stressful season, what are your plans to ensure everyone has a great time?
After much thought I think a fantastic fun idea for the guys would be to start a sim hockey league online. It gives a real escape from our real hockey experience. Joining is simple, free and fun. You get put on a team and the games are played on a text based game.
(53 words 1 TPE)
Code:
5. Superlatives
Every team will always have that really funny/annoying/quirky player and personality. However, usually they can be the ones that really make sure the team gels together nicely. Come up with yearbook style superlatives to describe some of your fellow teammates.

Code:
6. Team History
I know history isn't everyone's favorite thing to discuss, but a team's past can really define its identity, what its known for and who they are in the present. Tell us about your team's past! Have there been any franchise defining moments that are integral to your team or even SHL history? Conversely, is there some interesting tidbit that not many around the league know?

PLAYOFF PROMPTS

Code:
7. Winner Winner Chicken
At the end of the day, what we all really strive for is the Four Star Cup. It takes everyone's best efforts, an unrelenting determination to win and hard work to be able to hoist the glorious trophy. Out of the 12 teams in playoffs, who do you think will win the 4 Star Cup? Are you going for the clear favorites, or the underdogs? Give reasons to justify your prediction.

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Not that I have anything against trying new things, but if I would switch teams it would be to return to Vancouver where my first player was. I really had a splendid time there and honestly still think it's weird that I'm on a different team. Go Whale! But Boats are good now. 
(53 words, 1 TPE)

Code:
9. What's in a Name?
A player name is the first of many steps that mark the start of a new SHL career. From meme names, real life references and parodies of hockey players, there are a wonderful assortment of names that can be found throughout the league. Which player(s) have the best name and why?

Code:
10. In the Zone
Some players are excellent in the regular season, however there are a certain few that really elevate their play in the playoffs. The pressure and the thought of winning it all really benefits some, while others just have that natural clutch factor, with a knack of showing up at the right times. Write about players who have been crucial to their team, or players that could be in contention for Playoffs MVP.

Code:
11. A 6 Star Show
Make a dream team of players from any team in the playoffs, with 3 forwards, 2 defenseman and a goalie, and give an explanation for each pick. It could be the best team ever, or alternative maybe the worst?

INDIVIDUAL PROMPTS

Code:
12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S69 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?
Johnny Shuffleboard is a truly fantastic player. He has a great offensive side and his defensive game will round out when the time comes. The only question is his dedication to the sport of hockey, perhaps he may switch to football or baseball. A truly fantastic athlete, he may go first overall.
(52 words, 1 TPE)
Code:
13. Superstitious
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SMJHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your player believe in them? Why or why not?

Code:
14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.
Johnny Shuffleboard really enjoys both his friends and his family, and he looks forward to having time to spend with both of them when the offenseason comes. He plans on spending the first half of the offseason with family including the draft, and then celebrating his new team with friends before heading to training camp.
(55 words, 1 TPE)
Code:
15. Charity Drive
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Write about a charity or event that your player helped out with.

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!
This version of CW was way better. It's far easier to do it casually like I just did, and overall not just having to force more and more words about prompts that really nobody cares about. I like the 50 words getting 1 TPE, lets me collect a solid amount without too much time and effort.
(56 words, 1 TPE)
Code:
18. Milestones - COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!
1 TPE

GRAPHICS
*no change to Graphics TPE scale*

Code:
Fan Appreciation Day - 3 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.
[Image: foam_finger.png?width=319&height=563]
3 TPE
Code:
Front Cover - 3 TPE
Make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Two team logos, two player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Charity Drive - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Spotlight - 3 TPE
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
GRAPHIC: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question

11 TPE please!

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2023, 09:33 PM by ElMerchanto. Edited 2 times in total.)

3 TPE - Milestones

Tasks:

16. Goals:

What a strange time to be writing about Adelbert Steiner's goals ey? having just achieved one that he thought would be far out of his reach from him in his true rookie season with the Newfoundland Zerkers in the Juniors. Steiner and his teammates have just hoisted the 4 star cup, the crowning glory within the Juniors. So as he looks to the future, what further glory is an aspiration for Steiner? Originally, a humble Defense man with the idea of simply contributing meaningful to his team no matter what the level, suddenly blood is in the water. One of everything sounds good? How about two four star cups as his stay in the minors continues? 

No matter what, Steiner is playing for team glory, he knows that in hockey just as in any team game, you win and lose as a unit. Perhaps one of the strongest motivators and goals driving him beyond his Rookie campaign is that of not winning the four star cup as a Rookie earning playing time, but as a team leader leading a Line. Beyond that, he looks to join and build up a winning culture, eventually achieving similar victories in the majors. As for personal stats, all of those pale in comparison in his aims compared to team accolades, although he certainly wouldn't say no to seeing his banner hoisted in the hallowed arena of either the Zerkers or his future home in the big leagues. To do so, he'd likely aim for a franchise record or two, perhaps Hits as he knocks some sense into opposing wingers, or Shots Blocked to frustrate any opposing offence who visits them foolish enough to hope of taking home a victory.

Still, for now a more sensible goal, with the dream of pulling off the 4 star repeat. However the most important goal of all, avoiding the sophomore slump will be at the forefront of his mind.

Words: 321 - 6 TPE

1. Fan Appreciation Day:

Ho boy, hot off the heels of a 4 star cup victory, the next Newfoundland Berserkers giveaway day promises to be an absolute hootenanny barnstormer of disproportionate demand. The item you ask? It is no foolish bobblehead, not cheap imitation of a jersey, oh no.

For one night only, every fan in attendance will take home their very own 4 foot long, twin headed, Timber mauling, limb chopping, head removing battle axe. This fine piece comes full embossed and inlaid with the finest pillaged silver, and commemorative engravings telling not only of the playoff victory heroes that lifted the trophy, but also the long legacy of cutting down the finest Maine Timber.

Some fans have raised very valid safety concerns with this giveaway item, and to them we say boo hoo, you need to spill a few pints of blood to make an omelette. To alleviate some fans concerns, we have decided to implement an age limit on the battleaxe giveaway, we will only be providing these lethal weapons of great concerns to fans aged 8 and upwards. That should do the trick! Please remember battle axes ARE limited to one per fan, but we have no policy in place to prevent you claiming others as a trophy, should it be appropiately won in the confines of single combat.

Words; 219 - 4 TPE

[Image: 6bdkPCS.png]

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

I have enjoyed the pts this season so far. right now I am a tad upset with how graphics are graded for this as I usually put some effort in and these take me a lot longer than writing 150 words or so. Hell, the time it takes to find a good enough photo of some of these renders takes longer. Yea, not everyone needs to be like me and go so far above and beyond but I reused my renders from other works, and these still took me a while to get done, and right now I am just a stream of conscious writing and it's working fine. I also wasn't super happy with the variety of the graphics prompts for this. You can't just do graphics as there are only four of them and two of the prompts are about making magazine covers, but one is doing a match so double the work. Also, I would recommend rereading the prompts as the wordage is inconsistent and some of it is clearly copied and pasted from past PTs which is fine, but as seen in the Graphics Charity drive prompt, "Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event..." I can't write on this prompt. Why does it say that? Overall as a recreate I love this way of doing things for the writing side and I don't love how my specialty is being neglected. That said I don't have a solution. If you are gonna keep the graphics all 3 TPE, you need more than just four. If it's purposeful that you only included four graphic prompts to force people to write, well... well done. It worked.
word count: 292
+5
Code:
18. Milestones
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!
+3 tpe milestone thread

GRAPHICS
*no change to Graphics TPE scale*

Code:
Fan Appreciation Day - 3 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/6...7A_WHT.png

Code:
Charity Drive - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event
[Image: pucksfor_tots.png]

Code:
Spotlight - 3 TPE
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
GRAPHIC: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

[Image: smjhl_pt_thing.png]

3+3+3+3+5= 17 TPE capped to 16

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

CW pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2023, 10:59 PM by Jorec. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Fan Appreciation Day

The fan appreciation day would be on the last day of the regular season. Given out to everyone who attends as thanks for all of their support throughout the season and as a big send off before they head off into the play-offs. The item would be placed under each seat, attached to the bottom in a box just large enough to hold it. The time to take it out would be announced by a roar at the beginning of the game. The item itself? A stuffed Grizzly bear! Posed like he’s roaring and so damn soft that you can just cuddle him all night.

105 words

8. An Alternate Timeline

Make no mistake, I’m extremely happy that I’m on the Grizzlies. It surprised me to be drafted by them but they’ve been a great team to be on, extremely welcoming and they’ve deployed me in a way that plays to my strengths, letting me shine along with their higher picks. However, if I wasn’t on the Grizzlies, I feel like I’d like to be on the Newfoundland Berserkers. I chose them because I like their, the logo, where they are from, the fact that they’re always the one to knock my team out in the play-offs. The whom shee-bang. I’d slot in like I do on the Grizzlies, on the third line, taking those minutes the flashier players don’t want and making it work while hitting everything that moves. I know I’d improve their chances to win the Cup. You need players like me. It can’t all be flashy poncy boys.

151 words

Code:
9. What's in a Name?

I won’t name anyone in particular but there is a definite trend for those with the best names. They are either the ones with the most silly and ridiculous names (usually with the personality to go with it) or they are alliterative. It just gets the name to stick in your mind and the best names are the ones you remember.

61 words

12. On the Radar

At his core, Andren Ackerson is an extremely well rounded player. Unlike some other draftees who who have rather large gaps in their offensive, defensive or physical attributes, Andren has taken the time and energy to make sure that no matter where you slot him into your line up, he’ll be at the very least decent. The unfortunate part about this means that he hasn’t truly begun to focus himself on any one aspect of the game but you can see where here is going. He’s aggressive, truly one of if not the most aggressive player in Juniors. Constantly going in hard and looking for that next big hit to both separate the other player from the puck and intimidate the opposing teams. He’s defensively responsible, when he’s not making that big hit, he’s back checking to make sure the other team doesn’t score. Finally, he’s looking like he’s going to a bit of a play-maker winger. When he’s taken the puck away from the opposing team with a hit, he dishes it off to one of his mates and off they go. If you’re looking for someone other then the prototypical flashy goalscorer, you’ll want to see about drafting Ackerson.

201 words

14. R&R

Andren is going to be headed home for the off-season. His first season after being drafted to the Grizzlies was really quite successful but he’s been home sick the entire time. There he’ll meet up with his old trainer, Leon Jacobsson and go back to his old routine that got him drafted in the first place.

56 words

16. Goals
Ultimately what I want out of Andrens career in the SHL is for him to have been notable. Wether that is though awards, big moments like scoring or assisting on the goal that gets the Cup or just getting some notable seasons in which he’s the absolute best at...something. If I was to put it down on paper, a Turd trophy would be awesome. Getting in the top 10 in hits in the league over his entire career would be great and really, who doesn’t want to end up in the Hall of Fame at the end of it all. As long as he’s not just another number in a long line of numbers who everyone forgets about a season or two after he retires.

125 words

17. Feedback

I’ve really enjoyed this CW compared to the old one. Or at least, I put a lot more effort into my responses then I usually do. The amount of choice that we had is awesome, I didn’t feel like I NEEDED to do a component I couldn’t get an idea for. I just went down the list and found one that felt like I could do better on. If this is the trend that we’re headed towards when it comes to this kind of long form response for a lot of TPE, then I’m really looking forward to doing it again in the upcoming seasons.

105 words.

Code:
18. Milestones

S70 Milestones

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

CW pass - GM

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]

1 Fan appreciation day: 
For fan appreciation day, we will be giving out a little Nevada Battleborn toy. The toy will be the Nevada Battleborn's logo. The toys will be a high-quality material, so they don't break easily. Some of these toys will have a chance at being autographed by the players. These toys will be handed out on the 3rd home game of next season.

63 words

2: Looking towards the future:
Some of the areas that Nevada might need is on our defense. We are losing some of our best defensemen that will be getting called up. I do think our offense core is pretty strong and will continue to be that way. Our goaltending is pretty good as well. I think our biggest strength is how our rookies are staying active.

61 words

3: Secret plans:
Nevada likes to gain the competitive edge over skill and nothing else. Sometimes we might pull a funny prank that won't affect the opposing team to get a competitive edge. Our way of getting that edge is skill and staying healthy. Nothing beats staying healthy in our eyes for that competitive edge.

52 words

4: Funtimes:
Our team plans on having fun during the off season. Some of the thing we might do as a team include going golfing, having game nights and much more. Doing these fun activities and outings helps the team build a bond and get to know each other better. The more activities we do, the more fun we have together.

59 words

7: Winner winner chicken: 
I think that Nevada Battleborn will win the 4 star cup. Nevada has a strong team that played really well during the regular season. If Nevada doesn't get the 4 star cup, I would like to see one of the under dogs to win the 4 star cup. Underdog stories are some of the best stories.

56 words

8: An alternate timeline:
If I wasn't playing for Nevada Battleborn, I think I would be playing for Yukon Malamutes. The reason for that is because of the conversations before the draft I had with Yukon. I am not sure if I would have improved their team too much, but I'm sure I would have helped and played well there too.

57 words

9: What's in a name:
I think there are many great names here in the SHL and SMJHL. My personal favorite is my player's name Shnopple lopple. That's probably because I made it. My favorite name that's not my players is probably Tummy Hurts. I love the funny names. It adds character, and it gives me a good laugh every time I see one.

59 words

11: a six star show 
C - Gritty McGritterson
LW - Bender Junior
RW - Just-to-Buy My-Love
LD - Shnopple lopple
RD - Bob Wehadababyisaboy
G - Tummy Hurts
I chose some of my personal favorite names for this team. I made a team of funny names that is a pretty good team too. I feel like his team would mesh together really well.

56 words

14: R&R: 
Shnopple loppple will be spending lots of time with teammates having fun and getting outside. Shnopple believes that quality time with the team is super important to have during the off season. Shnopple will also spend some time with family, as that is just as important to him. The rest of the time will be spent on himself.

58 words

16: Goals:
Shnopple has a goal to become a top offensive defenseman by the end of his carrer. He is not necessarily aiming for the hall of fame but more so to just be a good offensive defenseman. One of Shnopple's biggest goals in to hit 100 goals in his SHL career and have at least 25 Playoff goals.

57 words

Total words: 
578 words - 11TPE

+3 TPE - milestones

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
Join us for Fan Appreciation Day with the Colorado Raptors!

We're excited to celebrate YOU, our fans with a day of fun and giveaways. The first 1,000 fans will receive a limited-edition mini replica glove, made to the same exact specifications as Scary Jerry's game-worn goalie glove. We'll also have autographed memorabilia, trading cards, and more. Plus, you can enter a raffle to win a meet and greet with Scary Jerry himself!

Mark your calendars and come out to the arena for Fan Appreciation Day. It's going to be great!

(184 words, +3)

Code:
3. Secret Plans
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

I wear a lucky charm and listen to my music before each game. Those things help me perform my best by boosting my confidence and focus.

My lucky charm (my old gnarly t-shirt that I wear) gives me a sense of confidence and security. It reminds me that I have what it takes to win and it helps me to stay calm under pressure when I know the fans are counting on me. My music gets me excited and motivated to play my best. It helps me to forget about my worries and focus on the game. And my pre-game ritual helps me to get into the right mindset. For that, I keep the music going and then make sure I stretch well and visualize myself playing well in the net. I know we all count out there on the ice, but I'm the last line of defense. I know things rest on my shoulders more than others.

(157 words +3)

Code:
18. Milestones - COMING SOON

+1 TPE - Milestones

to be continued....

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**