Create Account

S70 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S69, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Looking at the players that will be graduating this off-season, it's no wonder what the upper management of the Grizzlies will be targeting in their S71 SMJHL Draft : we need at least one stud defenceman that will help ease the transition away to a world without Chris Valentine solidifying our top pair. Although, we could also use a center, as Loosh O'Sullivan - our best goalscorer in the playoffs - is also moving on up to the SHL. However, there's always the option of moving the many wingers on the roster to the middle should there be a drought of centers available. I personally would target a more offensive-minded defenceman at the top of the draft, seeing as the team's main struggle during the entirety of last season was to generate offence in volume - our group of forwards would often get quality chances, but they came at the expense of one of the worst SF/G in the SMJHL. If we were to better break out of our defensive zone, it would probably help generate more shots off the rush, and help hem our opponents deeper in their own zone for repeated opportunities. I would also target a defensive workhorse in the 2nd round, since we have three defenceman to replace this season, unless there's a center that really impresses the scouting team that could fall to the 20th spot or so - but as I said, this position's need could potentially be solved internally, as the Grizzles's current biggest strength is on the wing.

(261 words)

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

For once, I will make exception to my usual PT rule, and I will answer this question as a user, rather than as a player. I have only been a part of three locker rooms in my entire tenure on this website, and while I do enjoy being in Great Falls and chatting with the people in there, I would argue that there is not a place more hyped up for the SMJHL playoffs than the Newfoundland Berserkers's locker room - which I have to congratulate for hoisting another Four-Star Cup this season! Although at times, it can be pretty overwhelming for the senses - especially in the middle of a simulation, when you barely have time to type up a message that there's already a minimum of 4 other people that sent the exact same message - you can feel that every person in the locker room is zoned in on cheering for the team, argue against bad sim luck, and just generally being as rambunctious as literal fans of the team, sitting in the stands at a local arena. However, I will assuredly say that the Québec City Citadelles's locker room was just as incredibly loud and excited last off-season, and rightfully so, as we cheered on Jack St. Clair's legendary playoffs run, as well as the amazing underdog story, that was unfurling before our eyes. When I argued back and forth with myself to come back to this league, these are the moments I reminisced of - the agony of waiting on the daily simulations, the intensity of playoff simulation live commentary in the locker room, and all the banter and congratulations when the results go our way, and the psyching up and comforting after a cruel loss. It makes the league feel a lot more human than one could anticipate at first glance.

However, if we're only sticking to the on-ice product, I think my skill set would have been desired by both the Québec City Citadelles and the Newfoundland Berserkers, although the latter seems to have more holes on the wing than the former, with many young players in my draft season struggling to earn at a steady pace. I probably could have slotted in there, helped out on the penalty kill, or even on the powerplay if needed, as I was a special teams player on the Grizzlies. However, now knowing the result of the playoffs makes me wonder what kind of godly effort their center and defensive core must have offered for them to hoist the Cup this season... It only makes their triumph even more impressive, now that I have taken a better look at their current roster.

(452 words)

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

Oh my lawd, you have no idea how thrilled I am that I can simply blurt out words on a singular topic, as opposed to being forced to mix and match between prompts that I have no imagination for! This is seriously a much more manageable "Championship Week" style of prompts, in my opinion. The only thing I would check up on is the accuracy of the season for the prompts - there's two of them in this season's edition that refer season 69, even though that was last season, and we just completed season 70. Just a heads up, though, don't worry, my experience isn't ruined!

(110 words)

Code:
18. Milestones
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3356905

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

1. Fan Appreciation Day - 1 TPE - 53 Words

The item I'm going with will be the classic foam sword. Being a Berserker, you kinda have to own a sword. This sword is engraved with the viking runes that spell out the team name. It's handed out during the eventual champions parade in Newfoundland where the players will toss these from their buses.

2. Looking Towards The Future - 4 TPE - 212 Words

I think Newfoundland is actually one of the better teams set for the impending call ups. We have a lot of solid players in all of our positions. We have a really good Goalie. Really Good Offense. And Really Good Defense. All of these slots usually have 1-3 players that are really good with high TPE totals. However a lot of these players are also in their last legit season of the J. Despite this, amazing drafting has lead to us having backups in almsot all position. Out goes our star studded goalie, Tummy Hurts, but in comes Rhett Carpet. Our Center Hopoate will be departing, but we have good youngsters including Grimmjow and Erikson that can fill his much needed hole. Defense is in my opinion our best. Mit Wobet will be leaving, yet we have stud Steiner to fill his hole, who had an amazing rookie campaign with really solid stats. The team was obviously really  good this season. With us taking the 4 Star with a sweep in the finals. I think we can go B2B, if the team keeps updating I don't really see a way we lose. This is all took in without mentioning our upcoming rookies we'll get with the J draft. Overall I'm really excited.

3. Secret Plans - 6 TPE - 303 Words

Secret Plans eh? Well in Norway back at home. Erikson was known as the king jokester on his youth team. So he'll be the lead man in charge of Newfoundlands lead Pranking. First Idea. The Maine Timber lost to us in the Finals, this should be bad enough. But it isn't Erikson hires a LumberJack to chop down a bunch of trees and cut them bit by bit, at night the Berserkers take all of these stumps and plant them in the locker rooms. Next, the raptors, instead of remedy pools and hot tubs, its filled with plastic dino toys. Nevada Battle Born? Not Battleborn enough to deal with their jerseys, which instead of cleansed and free of speck, are ripped up with different names on the back, making a lot of fun of their names. Grizzlies? I hire a bear tamer and put a whole Grizzly in the facilities. Detroit Red Wings, as they enter the practice rink they notice something different. There's white stuff other then ice on the ground. Looking up they see the cardinals we planted pooping on them to mess up their practice plans. Vancouver Whalers. Melt the rink and place all kinds of marine life in there. Yukon, dog poop, everywhere. Kelownowa? Destroy their home base and make it a castle, they cant enter, and I am king. Carolina? At their next game we hire fans to throw octopus on the rink, all the time so they can't play and the game is cancelled. Regina Elk, UNLEASH DEER ALL OVER THE PRACTICE FACILITY, OUTSIDE INSIDE IN THEIR CARS EVERYWHERE. Quebec City, take away their 4 star Smile. Anchorage, Swap their jerseys with Newfoundland Jerseys, also change their home stadium to a Berserkers based amusment park. And finally. St. Louis, we give them a break, they've been punished enough.

4. Funtimes - 2 TPE - 110 Words

As Fun Director, my first plan of action is too send us all to a rented out Universal Studios, at night. Many of our foreign players have never been, so this would be perfect to introduce them to the fun side of America. After this we all stay at the best hotel we could fiind. Once we sleep, I decide to send the team on an adventure around the city of Orlando. We eat at the Hard Rock Cafe, and then go swimming at Clearwater Beach. Once all this is fun, we take the plane back home in order to celebrate our 4 Star in a massive parade across Newfoundland.

5. ISFL Affiliate - 3 TPE

[Image: Jy6UjIO.png]
Sig By: @Carpy48

16. Goals

I would say that I have many goals for my player, Ally Mathieson. I think that one of goals goals would probably be to first of all get called up to the major leagues, as that would be a pretty cool things. I think that, if she were to achieve that, the next goal would be to become the starting goalie for one of the teams, getting serious playing time, which would be pretty neat. If she would manage to not only get onto a major league team but also manage to become a starter, i think the next goal would be to win the championship. i do not care too much about personal achievements, and while they are certainly goals, i think that the team goal of winning the championship is more important than anything else. but if there were to be anything else, i think that an all star game apperance or election or whatever the fuck the similar thing in the league is i think that would be pretty neat and probably the next most realistic thing that could happen in ally's career that i would consider to be a goal. if somehow she manages to be considered the best goalie in the league that would be phenomenal but i also do no think that it will get to that point so i do not know if it is even worth putting as a goal, i would be happy with even top half of goalies in the league haha
- 253 words

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]

Fan Appreciation Day - 3 TPE
GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.
[Image: image.png]

Code:
GRAPHIC: Two team logos, two player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
GRAPHIC: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:18. Milestones - COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

#26 - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3357055

For fan appreciation day there are too many options available to us to limit ourselves to a single giveaway. Below are a series of fantastic promotions that ownership would be foolish beyond belief to not execute every one of them.

Quote:1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

712 words for 14 tpe

1. Complementary copy of bloodsport on the medium of their choice - I've been very open about my pregame routine in the past which includes multiple watches of the greatest Jean Claude Van Damme film ever made (which of course, makes it the greatest film ever made flat out), Bloodsport. Whenever the home crowd isn't giving us the support and energy they should, I lament the obvious issue: we don't have every seat filled with a person fresh off watching Tyson Dux win the Kumite. The remedy is so obvious as to be laughable, the only possible explanation for this is that they don't have access to Bloodsport or they'd have watched it at least once before the game! This is a fixable problem, we simply provide a download code with every ticket purchase and suddenly have the game ice advantage of our dreams!

Bonus points for the sudden revenue recognized by the studio inevitably leading to a reboot in which JCVD mentors a new contender to an improbable victory in the kumite!

2. Jars of teeth - If our staff are doing their jobs then somewhere in the depths of the arena we must have all the teeth they've had to get off the ice during games. Think of the amount of space we'd clear for activities if we gave them away to our fans! When they bunked their beds in step brothers they opened up half a room, if we gave away all the teeth we've got in storage I'm assuming we'd clear out the better part of a smallish warehouse. Sure, we'd have to spring for some jars to put the teeth in but it'd be worth it. 

3. beard trimmings - this one's pretty basic. Whenever we win a playoff series we forcibly restrain every member of our fallen opposition in a barbers chair. The fans line up and get to take a beard trimmer to the players until they're clean-shaven and the best fans in the league have a disconcerting souvenir that will creep out any visitors they have in their home for as long as they keep it!

4. black eye - people frickin' love hockey fights! I say, we give the people what they want. The fans all get entered into a raffle to fight a random Battleborn player between periods! Realistically, it's going to end quickly enough that the player fighting won't miss more than a minute or so of locker room time so we're good from that perspective. For the fan, they'll have the memory of a lifetime! Not an actual memory, but once their concussion symptoms pass they can watch a video of it. This one would probably generate a shit load of clicks on YouTube as well so it's a two for one!

5. genuine played on bottled water - there's no way it will taste good, but that's not the point. When a game ends instead of keeping the playing surface temp. below freezing we just let it melt. In the morning, we get out a pump and start filling bottles. Would we need to make sure anyone planning to drink the water signs a waiver? Not my problem! But we'd save a ton of money on electricity by letting the ice melt between games and I'm sure we could sell larger bottles to some people for reasons I can't think of, but people are weird!

6. Carry my bags - just let some kid carry my stuff for me. They'll never forget it and I won't have to carry anything. It goes without saying that this wouldn't just be my bags but every Battleborn could have a bag kid! It's the perfect marriage of free labor and creating cherished memories

7. foam fingers - people love these things for some reason. I can't explain it, but I stand behind this. Let's give out some silly, brightly colored bits of non-biodegradable fun!

8. Shofars - our mascot is a ram, so the obvious thing to do is honor the jewish new year by providing shofars to all attendees.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2023, 12:53 AM by TnlAstatine. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S69, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Honestly after finishing in the basement of the league literally everything can be improved at this point. The fact that the armada have some of the best rookies in the league but just couldn't put it together and string some wins together meant everything. From top to bottom the team has to be better and will be better next season. The first thing that needs to be improved on is the defense. With most of the roster being below negative fifty for the entire season it really makes it tough for the offense to outscore all the mistakes, and the mistakes were large and close between as often we saw the opposition pop in over ten goals a game on the daily regs. After a complete collapse during the season they actually had a chance in the post season, but they were quickly dispatched. There is going to be a lot riding on this next up and coming draft for this team to have any hope in the future as it stands now. First and foremost they must draft the biggest D the league has ever seen. Like the connor mcdavid of defense honestly, anything left can't save this sinking ship.

201 words +4 tpe

Code:
3. Secret Plans
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

The narrative continues here and honestly everyone and everything in and around the armada needs to improve ten fold if they ever have a chance in heck to getting the goal that everyone so desires and thats the four star cup. There are no shenanigans when it comes to becoming better, its just pure hard work and dedication to the craft that is hockey. The armada boats and hoes will be the most hard working youngest team ever and take every other locker room by storm next season. If they have GM rags is going to have a hell of a time being able to keep his job as the masses riot and call for his head. The boys will be out there sweating blood in the coliseum and training facilities trying to grow from the measly pansies that are in there right now, to the rock em sock em type players that stomp the fuck out of everyone next season.

161 words +3 tpe

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

Well when coming into the league finn was looking at only a couple options of where he wanted to play. Be that with his DFA signing detroit falcons, where he ended up in the boats and hoes corner, or with the honey bears of the league the mother fucking quebec french fucks. no sorry just QCC. And by gosh by golly they finally ended up winning their first ever four star, what a ride! As a rookie DFA and for the first few weeks of the season finn really had an edge in the competition boasting over a point per game through his first 30 games of play. That quickly fucking dropped like a rock. I believe that if finn was on a competitive team like qcc and placed in a role that would help him succeed he would have had a major impact on QCC. They likely would have swept the entire playoffs and maybe not even dropped a single game in the entire season. I know this sounds like pipe dreams but finn is a heavily offensive player with a serious lack of defense and lets be honest, the boats and hoes have no defense. When you just add kindling to the fire it just explodes with fire, sometimes majestically. Finn was the kindling that broke the camels back and further compounded the lack of defense on the armada and they sank ever so sweetly into the night this year. I believe finn would live up to his coach luffy and score the game winning goal and trophy clinching goal for QCC.

264 words +5 tpe

Code:
14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

There is no off season in finns eyes and he will be back to the grind as his pathetic season is one he would like to forever forget. He didn't come into the SHL to be a pathetic minus one hundred and sixty nine player or whatever shit ass bad he did. Mistakes dont correct themselves but he knows how to right the ship for himself. Nobody in the entire league will be working harder than finn to hone his craft and become the player that not only leads the armada to the cup but destroys the league and makes a name for himself.

100 words +2 tpe

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

The one and only goal for finn is to be the best and destroy the rest. First his sites are set on leading the entire SMJHL on both goals and assists and even points in the same season. Then winning the four star and leading the league in scoring in the playoffs during his run towards the cup. His next goal after that is winning rookie of the year in the SHL followed by the exact same goals. He wants to lead the SHL in anything and everything. most points. most hits. most fights. most moms banged. everything. The cup will be coming home with him and nothing is stopping finn.

111 words +2 tpe

+2 tpe milestones

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3357122
+2 tpe

Should not matter, but if I messed up the previous post this is another 2 Smile