Create Account

S70 PT #5: The Grand Finale
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 08:10 PM by Zerg. Edited 1 time in total.)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Please note that this year's "Story Mode" description does NOT mean that you must tie the PTs together in order to receive TPE! You are also NOT committed to one prompt chain - feel free to hop between them from week to week!

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Time for the grand conclusion, and a deep breath.

Written Task: It's done. Your season is over, and with it your conflict with the staffer you've been dealing with all season. How did it end? Did he get fired as the scapegoat to appease the fans? Has the situation reduced to a simmer but will linger on for the future? Or did you make friends after all? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player's reaction upon the conclusion of this little storyline.

PLAYER PROMPT - Time for a season retrospective!

Written Task:  Tell me about how your season went. Did you exceed expectations? Is regression starting to bite? Did you set a new career high? Did your team do better or worse? How did you factor there? What are your hopes for the playoffs - this year or next? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player psyching himself up for the playoffs!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Wednesday, May 3rd at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

This is my final season in the SMJHL. I will be moving up to play with San Francisco. It has been a special year in Maine and I am thrilled to have been able to play with this group of people. I was able to create some fun rivalries while also building on some good relationships with teammates and staff. It was an honor to be the Captain of this group of players. Everyone worked hard and played harder which led to us winning our first regular season title.

The work isn’t done just yet as we’ve got a championship to claim. I am really going to enjoy the last few weeks with everyone because soon I won’t have the chance to play along side them. I wish them all the best of luck in their careers as they move up to play in the SHL and I can’t wait to face off against them when that day comes!

Peter Tingle, out! (Insert mic drop here)

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Code:
Written Task:  Tell me about how your season went. Did you exceed expectations? Is regression starting to bite? Did you set a new career high? Did your team do better or worse? How did you factor there? What are your hopes for the playoffs - this year or next? (150+ words)

For S70's regular season, Ben Jammin was the highest rated TPE D-man in the league and had high hopes of being a perennial blueliner in the SHL. While Ben did have career high in points, it was majorly overshadowed by how the other defenders performed this season. Christian Kinsinger on the Winnipeg  Aurora had a spectacular 83 points during the regular season leading all Defencemen in point production. He also had 28 goals which is very impressive as well. 

As a Defensemen I don't expect to be an offensive threat and since Chicago is deep team we aren't facing a lot of shots so I can't block a lot of shots as well. My hopes for Ben Jammin is to be a reliable two-way D-man who can be used in all situations. We have seen in the league that you don't need a high amount of TPE to be effective. Luckily for me having fancy stats or trying to achieve a certain number isn't my goal, I just want to not be a liability when I'm out on the ice.

I will be entering my 1st regression season for S71 and this will give the chance to re-allocate some TPE into other stats. Hopefully Ben Jammin will be a great defencemen for many seasons to come!

(216 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

We did really good throughout the season i ended with 57 points in 66 games so i was very happy with that in my second year. As a team the Grizzlies ended the year in 5th place with a record of 39-23-4. We were only second in our division with this so we knew we had a first round battle. I was hoping to truly be that goal scorer but i only got 20 on the year, Which is good but not what i was hoping for. I was first line Right Wing throughout the year and i couldn’t have been happier as that is my natural position. The first line all succeeded really well together and we’re helping the team with a lot of the offence as well as good defence.
I ended the year with the most hits in the league at 238 hits. As of right now we are in the second round of the playoffs!
GO GRIZZLIES!

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 09:18 PM by Josh Latreille.)

Player Prompt: This was my second season in the juniors, I wasn’t sure what to expect from it. My first season had some highs and lows, I only scored 4 goals and 15 points. On the other hand, I had great numbers in the hits column as well as shots blocked. I also managed to win a fight in my rookie season! I worked on many things and was hoping to improve in many spots, but I was still unsure what to expect. That being said, I posted a point per game through the first 10 games of the season. While I wasn’t able to keep this pace up, I still finished with a highly improved season. I scored 11 goals and 44 points, and I improved on both my hits and shots blocked. Last year I landed 114 hits and blocked 32 shots, while this year I landed 137 and blocked 37. This year I didn’t get in a fight but that doesn’t mean I was any less tough to play against.  (171 words)

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar

The season went great and is still going great in round 2 of the SMJHL playoffs! In my sophomore season I set career highs improving in a lot of areas I had struggled with last season. An increase in offensive output while still being defensively sound, things were definitely firing on all cylinders this season. As a team, the Yukon Malamutes also made huge improvements. No longer sitting in the basement, and earning a playoff spot in a 4 team division. The team is currently in round 2 of the SMJHL playoffs and for many of the members, this is a brand new scenario that they have never been in before. Hopefully the team can continue to make improvements and continue their playoff push. This year has already been a success, everything else is just gravy. Ultimately, the cup will be the goal in the next 2 seasons, we are certainly on the right path. 

155 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

player prompt

there was no solution. why would there be? this was my last season in the simulation major junior hockey league and i just wanted to get along with my final season in an armada uniform as quick as i could without having to worry about stupid conflicts with a staffer who did not like me for some random reason. i was focused on the team first and foremost, and now that our season is done with a spirited loss against the grizzlies (how did they lose two games to us???? shame on you great falls), i am focused on making sure that i spend my rookie season with the hamilton steelhawks next year clapping bombs and maybe having sex with women but not mothers as i try to win rookie of the year next year. i'm excited to put this all behind me and start my career in the major leagues.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

This season was the one where Dirty Boots hit his maximum peak in terms of training and skill. It's not likely they'll reach those maximum stats again but he'll keep training in order to maintain and keep up with the rest of the league and will thrive and continue to try and be the best defenseman on the team. Boots played a very good overall game as a two way defender, the biggest thing he's proud of this season is stepping up with blocks and hitting a new career high with that. Boots never wanted to be a defensive liability and is proud that his defensive game has gotten better while still being able to contribute offensively! 
The Renegades as a whole had their best season since they started the rebuild. With lots of younger players joining the squad it's been a blast watching the team improve. It was tough coming out of the first round without a win again but when you play top teams in those situations it's going to happen. There's no doubt that Texas is headed in the right direction and Boots will be ready to play his best every season.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - I wrote something similar in Kelowna’s locker room; I’m not emotionally invested in simulated games, or at least in winning them. I love the strategy, I love discussing and getting to know my teammates. After all, it’s a game.

Last night, we lost Game 7 against Yukon. It was my last game as a Kelowna Knights – at least for a while and with those fantastic teammates. It still hurt. I have never been that disappointed playing a game in my entire life. I thought we could go far. I thought we could win the Cup. Our season went well. Far from perfect, but we had a lot of fun. My player did not set a new career high, our team did worse than last year, but I believe it was our time.

It’s a new step for my player: joining the kids in Baltimore. Investing 400 TPE will bring something new to my player. I would have stayed. I love everything about Kelowna.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]