Create Account

S70 PT #5: The Grand Finale

This wicked season has finally come to an end; and with it the highs and lows the Knights faced have taken a great toll on team chemistry. Many of their players find themselves on the brink of being called up by their respective SHL teams despite having a couple years of eligibility left to go. This will leave Kelowna in a precarious spot heading into the off-season and likely the most important draft of this front office’s tenure. After Vrana’s approach to handling the media caused a stir behind the scenes, it is likely that he has played his final game for the junior team that drafted him, and many of the other members of the team are going their separate ways as well whether it be earned callups or staffing promotions. All is positive on a personal-level among all members of this past season’s team, even if we fell short of our ultimate goal, but it is unlikely we’ll see a similar Knights team on the ice to start next season.

Player Prompt:
Overall the season for my player, Daniel Grumathan, went pretty well. Anchorage as a whole did not have the greatest season and knowing that, I honestly did not have that many expectations for my player. Especially because I am more of a playmaking forward, seeing as our team had the 2nd lowest goals for, I really thought my season would not go that well. However, I think it went well. 24 goals on 12.1% shooting percentage and 26 assist that added up to a 50pt season. A pretty big improvement to my rookie season where I only got 31 points. Daniel Grumathan also was pretty good in the playoffs. Actually I think I can say really good as he scored 5 goals in the 6 playoff games on 50% shooting percentage. To go along with that amazing scoring streak came 4 more assist that added up for 9 total points which was good enough for best on the team.

Fry was over the moon. He had just finished the best hockey season of his life, and he couldn't be happier. His team, the Newfoundland Berserkers, had done exceptionally well, making it all the way to the cup finals.

For Fry, this was a dream come true. He had always loved hockey and had played it since he was a kid. He had put in countless hours of practice and had faced numerous challenges along the way, but all of that had led up to this moment.

The Berserkers had been a force to be reckoned with all season long, and Fry had played a big part in their success. He had been one of the team's top defensive scorers, racking up point after point and earning the respect of his teammates and opponents alike.

Now, with the cup finals just around the corner, Fry was more determined than ever. He knew that this was his chance to shine and to help lead his team to victory.

167 Words

Player prompt

I had a surprisingly productive season this time around. I was solid defensively, which was always my goal. But I was also pretty damn good on the other end of the ice. I had a whopping 13 goals and 38 points, a career best in both categories. I suspect that most of the increase in point totals has to do with just playing more time on the ice this season. In fact, I lead the entire league in time on ice playing a whopping 26 minutes a game, a full minute more than the guy in second place, Nash Topalo. What's been more encouraging is that despite the big increase in ice time, I've been able to keep up a high quality of play and still do great things on both ends of the ice. All in all, it was a good season for me and I'm excited to see what I can do next season.

Code:
156 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - Time for a season retrospective!

This is my last season in ths SMJHL before I make my way up to play in Minnesota. Personally my season was different than the previous one which had me at a career high 87 points. This season I only had 81 which I am satisfied which but where things were different was the fact I've hit a whole lot more, making myself one of the top 10 hitters in the league. My penalty minutes went up as well and I actually won a fight. As a team, Detroit didn't go as well as the previous years where were were either dominating or close to. We finished 6th in the league and were eliminated in 5 games of the second round against New Foundland. As far as next season goes, since this one is over, with Minnesota I am simply hoping to contribute as much as I can as part of a team that is slowly rising as their draft picks are slowly being called up. I am looking to make a difference and while it might not happen right away I'm doing to work to be at my best so that I can help Minny win each night.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2023, 11:29 PM by AgentSmith630.)

PLAYER PROMPT - Time for a season retrospective!

Johnny Wagner-Svenson had his best season yet on a Carolina team that had its ups and downs this season. The team, and Wagner-Svenson, started out super hot, going 10-5-1 in the first 16 games of the season, and Johnny having 27 points through those 16 games (13 goals and 14 assists). The team cooled off about halfway through the season, but Johnny kept up his more than point-per-game pace, and with Carolina secured for a playoff spot, he finished the season with 73 points (32 goals and 41 assists), all of which were career highs. He was 3rd on the team in points and led the team in hits with 202, the next closest being Bryce Mitchell with only 167 hits. Johnny is hoping that he can transition his assists and hits into more goals next season, as he takes a more prominent offensive role as some of his teammates move up to the big leagues.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Well, my rookie season in the SHL went about as I expected. I struggled for Newfoundland in the SMJHL and it didn't really get any better up in the big leagues. I showed some flashes in preseason but I think it's hard to be too disappointed as a rookie defenseman in the SHL especially under this sim engine. Realistically, most defensemen are going to struggle so the most you can hope to do is have some positive impacts when you're on the ice. My corsi for was pretty disappointing and I feel like i was a bit of a net negative while on the ice, so that's somewhere I'd like to improve on for next season. I felt good about my ability to block shots, but ideally we have the puck in their end when I'm on the ice and there's no need for me to even have to get in front of opponent's shots. Next season, I'd like to see some continued growth across the board.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

PLAYER PROMPT

It was a fantastic sophomore season for Wednesday Addams and the Vancouver Whalers. The team went into the season with the second-lowest TPE levels, and completely overperformed. They finished 7th in the league, and won a playoff game against Carolina. That alone is a success, and it will be next season where the goal is to shoot for a cup. Wednesday improved in pretty much every statistical category. Instead of playing first line right wing, she moved down to second line center, which is her natural position. She finally figured out how to put the puck in the back of the net, scoring 33 goals compared to 8 last season. Her passes still connected, with 36 assists compared to 30 last season. The most notable difference was her defensive play. She stayed back helping out as she had two rookie wingers who were very eager to score. While having 100 less hits, she still managed more shot blocks and double the takeaways from last season. Wednesday hopes to be atop the SMJHL next season.

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE -

The season is over which means it's time for the real strife to begin.  We made friends during the season but now in the offseason is when Fall actually needs to start doing the hard work.  And as an extra rub, Slip can not fire Fall because then he would have no personal assistant to find and hire a new personal assistant.

Unfortunately, this is the time where the media will pay the least amount of attention to old Slip & Fall.  Does he convince the GM to pay for another season of roster filling excitement?  Does he start researching real estate in a new city? What are the best Walmart parking lots in each SHL city?  Can we convince the SMJHL that age is just a number?

The one loyal fan will be interested to see how this turns out.  Definitely not retirement when Slip is still a few seasons away from the all time games played record.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Another season comes and goes for Minamino. It's a strange feeling getting to this point as the elder statesman in the league. It still feels like yesterday in which he was just a rookie or even before he made it full time into the big leagues. Yet somehow time has flown by. There's been others in his class who have already hung up their skates yet for some reason, he continues to push on.

He knows that the question of whether to keep going or not is a poisonous one as it'll open up the door for second guessing every poor performance as a matter of age. Suddenly it'll be less of his capabilities and rather if he even shows up on any give night.

There's some thought about maybe what lays beyond another season to add to his already impressive total. Some time spent with family and out in the back country is sounding more and more attractive than the tireless hours being sent at the gym preparing for another season.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

SSL Affiliate

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]