Create Account

Cillian Kavanagh Retires

I would like to formally announce the retirement of Cillian Kavanagh. 

I haven't been active on the forums for quite some time but I'm glad Kav was able to finish out his career in Texas (thank you @CapnCooper for letting him stick around). Kav played on Kelowna during his time in the SMJHL and played 15 seasons in the SHL, 2 of them being with San Francisco and the rest with the Texas Renegades. A few highlights in his career are:

2 Challenge Cups w/ the Texas Renegades
Recipient of the Tom Corcoran Trophy for the SMJHL's Best Goaltender
Recipient of the Anton Razov Award for SHL Playoff MVP
IIHF Best Goaltender of S61
Recipient of the Mike Honcho Award for Lowest Goal Against Average (x3)
Finalist for the John McBride Award of SHL's Best Goaltender (x2)

Now for the thank you's! Thanks to @Katth and @NJBadApple for getting Kav's career off the ground and being amazing GM's in Kelowna. Thank you to @Grapehead for drafting Kavanagh 22nd in the S52 SHL Entry Draft and for taking a chance in getting Kav's career off the ground. Thank you to @Henrik for understanding Kav's career path and allowing me to join Texas to compete for Cups. Shoutout to both @puolivalmiste & @RedCapeDiver for leading the way for Texas in the best part of Kav's career. Lastly, I'm not going to be able to remember everyone but thank you to all those who made it worth while along the way: @Zoone16, @Zombiewolf, @Snoopdogg, @Wally, @Naosu, @trashae, @Mook, @Yagoyi, @r1c3bowl22, @Wasty, @Talls, @G2019. I know I'm forgetting a bunch of people but you know who you are.

textextex

Kav out!

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

@takethehorizon What an amazing career! Will always be one of my favorites!!!

[Image: Wally.png]

Renegades Renegades Renegades

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2023, 08:42 PM by CapnCooper.)

Tex Legend Kavanagh!
It was a pleasure having you stick around while I was GM but even more of a pleasure to join you on the ice in the black and white.
Happy to say here that Kavanagh's #30 will be retired from Texas moving forward based on the history and performance of Kavanagh's time here.

TEX TEX TEX

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Legendary career, we've had some great battles _/ _/ _/

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Texas won’t be the same. \_\_\_

Good career

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

What an amazing career! I'm proud to have been able to learn from one the best and a legend in the Texas history.

I will try my best to continue the legacy and the hight goalie standard you brought, and my motivation is to reach and surpass them.

Good job and enjoy your retirement, you're always welcome in Texas.

\_ \_ \_

Renegades Renegades Renegades

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Enjoy retirement and the eventual hall of fame. _/

@takethehorizon

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

\_ \_ \_

Congrats on the great career, and thanks for letting me steal you from both your other teams

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Congrats on a great career and it was a pleasure having you in Kelowna back in the day.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

legend

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

you werent my gm for too long but i really enjoyed it, grats on the career 

Outlaws

One of the last S52s standing, wow. Congratulations on a long and successful career. Hope to see you back!

_/ _/ _/

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

05-02-2023, 09:08 AM_Blitz_ Wrote: One of the last S52s standing

And then there were three.....