Create Account

S70 Championship Week

CW PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2023, 01:11 PM by karlssens. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines?
b. New England finds themselves in a similar situation to Winnipeg's last year: star winger Petr Svoboda has an absurd 30 points in 23 playoff games at the time this is posted. 18 of those are goals, 12 are assists: how do you shut this guy down?
c. Olof Karsikko has made 823 saves in these playoffs, nearly twice the number of saves made by Winnipeg's Rebecca Montagne. What can New England do to help their tendie out? Or should they settle on a strategy of allowing their goalie to face a high volume of low-danger shots to get in the zone and stay hot? Alternatively, how can they rattle Montagne?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
2a - Much like the Edmonton Oilers in the NHL having all your top players on one line works great when they're firing, but if they have an off night, or if the opponent can shut that 1 line down you're in for a rough night and very likely a loss. Logic says spreading out your fire power is the better option, but hey they got this far loading the top line so what's 4 more wins?
2b - The short answer is you don't. Svoboda is an absolute world beater these playoffs and you're not going to completely eliminate him from this series, but you can limit his chances and force him to earn his ice. Finish your checks against him and make it a chore for him to gain the offensive zone. Easier said then done though as the 3 teams previous to the Aurora failed to do so.
2c - They definitely need to block more shots, or at the very least reduce the quality of shots he's facing. At the same time the big reason why they've made it this far is the play of Olaf Karsikko and if they win the finals he'll be the reason why again and will very likely take home the MVP award so perhaps if it's worked this far who's to say it won't work again in the final series.
2d - I'm rooting for Ace and the Winnipeg Aurora in this one. New England played spoiler to the top seeded Philadelphia Forge in the eastern finals and are likely riding a tremendous high, but I doubt they can play upset two series in a row and defeat the #2 seed and top team in the western conference.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, History Repeating (150 words min.)
Tell me about something good that happened in your SHL career which you hope will happen again! What is it, what will it look like? Did it happen to your current player or one of your former players? What can you do to stack the odds in your favor?
Perhaps my fondest memory as a member of the SHL was the S45 Challenge Cup win as a GM and player. As a player it was my last season of a long 21 season career starting back in S25. He managed to win a cup back in S28, but he hadn't tasted glory since then so it was nice to end my first gen players career on a high note. As a GM it was my first cup as management and it was well earned. Our team committed to a heavy rebuild in the S30's and by the S40's we were a top tier competitor. We set the record for most wins and points in a season at the time and unlike the Bruins we turned that regular season success in to post season success and rode it to a championship win. A well earned award for all the time our team spent patiently grinding out TPE. Will this happen again? Likely no, as I'm no longer a GM and don't have a desire to be, but I think as a player I may be able to repeat that glory as a member of the Pride. We have a surge of young talent coming up and eager to win. I smell a competitive team in the near future ready to do some damage in the playoffs.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.
I have yet to build any rivalries as a member of the pride since I'm still in the SMJHL, but I built several rivalries as a long time member of the Blizzard and some of those still stick today. The first would be the Wolfpack. Their dynasty back in the early S30's was built on defeating us in the finals several times. A couple bounces our way and maybe the Blizzard have a dynasty in the early S30's. The other would be the New Orleans Spectres. During the expansion draft when they joined the league they managed to lure away several of our players and hurt our opportunity to repeat in S46. We did manage to bump them off on route to another cup in S49, but it's always nice to beat them every time we matchup against one another. One team I anticipate could be a big rival moving forward for us is the Los Angeles Panthers. They've committed to a rebuild as well and should be trending upwards right as we do. As the other California based team it should make for some exciting hockey.

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! How far do you realistically expect to go this year? What nations do you want to match up against, and which do you dread? What are your expectations for your player?
This will be the first time my player will be suiting up for team Germany in the tournament. My expectations in my first tournament are quite low as I doubt I'll get much quality ice time, which is totally fair given the makeup of our team. A goal or two, maybe even an important game winner would be lovely. Looking at last years tournament we finished 4-1-6-1, so like 5-7, for 15 points. It was a sharp drop off from the previous tournament where we went 11-1 for 30 points, but that's a very lofty goal for us to maintain. I'd like to see us return above 0.500 and be a tough matchup in the elimination stage. We're by no means favorites to win it all, but if we can at least be a tough out I'd be happy. A gold in my first tournament is the ultimate goal, but that might be a bit too much wishful thinking. If I had to pick a team other than us to win gold it'd likely be Finland. They are the standard right now to compare against.

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, Teams Can Be Rivers Now? (150 words min.)
Since Team Rhine is now a thing in the Juniors wing of the IIHF, name a geographical feature, such as a river, mountain, plateau, or your mother, that should be the next to have a team! Why does this feature deserve a team, like the Rhine? How good would this team be? Would you transfer to it?

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

CW GM Pass

[Image: banes.png]

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines?
b. New England finds themselves in a similar situation to Winnipeg's last year: star winger Petr Svoboda has an absurd 30 points in 23 playoff games at the time this is posted. 18 of those are goals, 12 are assists: how do you shut this guy down?
c. Olof Karsikko has made 823 saves in these playoffs, nearly twice the number of saves made by Winnipeg's Rebecca Montagne. What can New England do to help their tendie out? Or should they settle on a strategy of allowing their goalie to face a high volume of low-danger shots to get in the zone and stay hot? Alternatively, how can they rattle Montagne?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

a. FHM can be a fickle beast, of course an entire team firing on all cylinders is better than just one line, and one line is better than just one player. That being said, the scoring for Winnipeg being shared among the top line is still better than what most teams can ice on a nightly basis. With the way matching line ups can go, it's always better to have all lines being a scoring threat. Go Winnipeg! (77words - 1 TPE)

b. Depending on the type of player he is and what his linemates are set up as, it would be best to set a direct counter to his and his linemates' play styles and maybe match them up against the best defensive players available. Although it's not a guarantee, it is usually easier to shut down one player with tactics than an entire line or team even. (66 words - 1 TPE)

Total: 2 TPE

Code:
Tell me about something good that happened in your SHL career which you hope will happen again! What is it, what will it look like? Did it happen to your current player or one of your former players? What can you do to stack the odds in your favor?

My career is only 2 seasons young, so there has not been a lot that has happened yet. However, this season the Yukon Malamutes have gone where no Malamute has gone before, the 3rd round of the SMJHL playoffs! Although we lost eventually, we showed that our team can hang and play with the best teams in the league. We defeated teams that were higher seeded than us in the regular season in both the first and second round. In the third round, we gave the first place (regular season) Maine Timber a run for their money, keeping all the games fairly close and even winning 2. I hope that this trend will continue, that the Malamutes will extend their play off runs deep into Round 3 and maybe even the finals eventually, we want the cup. I have also his career highs so far this year and almost a point per game pace, it would be great if this development continues and next season I hit over a point per game.

(172 words - 3 TPE)

(Total Running TPE Earned: 5 TPE)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

In the SMJHL, I don't really consider any team a rival yet. We have been at the bottom of the standings for a while so it's hard to get the rivalry juices flowing when your play isn't the best. However, if I had to pick, the dream match up would be against geographic rivals, the Anchorage Armada, the series would decide the best team in the North. In the SHL, it would be the Toronto North Stars, being originally drafted by the North Stars, they hold a special place in my heart and I want them to do well in their rebuild. With Edmonton being a West team, and Toronto in the East, it would be a dream rivalry match up to see some of my old teammates and familiar faces in a Edmonton versus Toronto SHL finals. The chance to play against so many familiar faces especially from my own draft class would be awesome, the bragging rights of the best prospect in the class of S70 would be on the line, also EDM and TOR have a long history of trades, so the two franchises are intertwined. 

(189 words - 3 TPE)

(Total Running TPE Earned: 8 TPE)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Blood on the Ice (150 words min)
Continuing with the branding wars: this year's final features the return of the glowing bear god against a fresh opponent - a mighty wolfpack! This one seems slanted in the bear god's favor, but don't count the wolves out so easily! Tell me who wins and why! The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

This year's cup winner will no doubt be the Winnipeg Glowing Bear Gods, I had them as my cup winners in last season's predictions. It call comes down to one player, Gudmunder Kristjansson. He is the best veteran in the league, in the twilight season(s) of his career, he is chasing another cup in his fairy tale career. In the metaphorical sense and maybe literally, a bunch of normal wolves have no chance against a glowing bear god from the stars. The glowy bears will eventually win the cup because it is inevitable, Kristjansson will claim another championship and sale off into the sunset with a successful career. If he has another season in him, nobody knows, but if he stays with Winnipeg for another season, or wherever he ends up, they will have another solid chance of winning the cup again. Last but not least, after last year's performance, it would be a shame if Winnipeg did not take the cup home this season.

(166 words - 3 TPE)

(Total Running TPE Earned: 11 TPE)

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)
Write a haiku telling me what you hope to accomplish in Season 71! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again. None of your lines may rhyme with each other.

I want the cup now!
But we lost in the semis
Next season will do.

(15 words - 2 TPE)

(Total Running TPE Earned: 13 TPE)

IIHF

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE, Home Turf (150 words min.)
Rotating host countries is expensive and politically challenging. Local governments have to maintain sufficient arenas to host an event that comes around once a decade and popular sentiment is changing against olympic-style sports in general. We may have to pick a permanent home for the IIHF! Naturally, this should be your country, so state your case as to why your country is the best candidate to permanently host IIHF!

Although I am now part of team Rhine (France), I was formerly a team Canada WJC player and co-gm so Canada holds a special place in my heart. If a permanent location needed to be chosen for all future WJC/IIHF tournaments, Canada is a no brainer. As a country, Canada probably has the highest rink to population ratio there is (do not fact check me on this). Canada has the existing infrastructure to play in multiple professional sized arenas in major metropolises, like Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Hamilton, some of these cities have more than 1 professional sized arena that can be used as well. With all the cities being within a reasonable travel time, the games and fatigue on the players participating would not be impacted too greatly either. Also, Canada is a very multiethnic country, there will be fans from all walks of life and countries of origin that will be able to attend. They don't call Canada the birthplace of hockey for nothing, it would only make sense it be chosen as a permanent home for all international tournaments.

(182 words - 3 TPE)

(Total Running TPE Earned: 16 TPE)

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

GM Pass

BOATS

[Image: retu2.png][Image: iihf1.png?ex=65bcbcc0&is=65aa47c0&hm=800...d5443e8a9&]

CW pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 08:46 AM by teztify. Edited 4 times in total.)

11/16

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: dog

Code:
One thing that happened to one of my players many years ago in SHL history, which I certainly hope I will get to experience again (hopefully with Tummy Hurts sooner than later) was winning three Challenge Cups in four seasons. This happened to Cole Reinhart, my second ever player in the SHL. As a defenseman for the Edmonton Blizzard (initially the Comets, when I was drafted there), Reinhart became a cornerstone of the franchise not just on the ice, but off of it as well. I became the General Manager of the Blizzard in Season 11 taking over from Seth, as the team emerged from a seasons-long rebuild process. We iced a competitive team for a couple of seasons before finally breaking through in Season 13. After winning the Challenge Cup in S13, we would go on to build on that success and, despite an interruption by the Texas Renegades in S14, win the Cup twice more in S15 and S16.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)
Write a haiku telling me what you hope to accomplish in Season 71! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again. None of your lines may rhyme with each other.

Tummy graduates
To Chicago Syndicate
Makes a lot of saves

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
+3 TPE - SMJHL Milestones

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

cw pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

GM Pass

[Image: 60859_s.gif]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 06:52 PM by The__Y-man__100. Edited 5 times in total.)

Task 3:
Code:

Oles was a seasoned hockey player, known for his speed and agility on the ice. He had a natural talent for scoring goals and was always striving to improve his game. As the new hockey season approached, Oles had his sights set on one goal – to lead his team in playoff goals. Oles had always been a team player, but he also knew that he had a special talent for scoring goals. He spent countless hours on the ice, practising his shots and honing his skills. He knew that if he wanted to be the top scorer on his team for the playoffs, he needed to be at the top of his game. He set himself high goals, determined to work harder than ever before. He knew that the competition would be tough, but he was confident in his abilities and the support of his teammates. During the first few games of the season, Oles played with intensity and focus. He worked tirelessly on the ice, constantly looking for opportunities to score. He set up his teammates for success and was always in the right place at the right time. As the season progressed, Oles continued to improve. He became more confident in his abilities and began to take more risks on the ice. He was constantly pushing himself to be better, and it showed in his performance. By the time the playoffs rolled around, Oles was ready. He had been practising his shots and honing his skills for months, and he was determined to lead his team in playoff goals once again. The playoffs were tough, but Oles was up for the challenge. He played with intensity and focus, never giving up even when the odds were against him. He scored goal after goal, trying to lead his team to victory. In the end, Oles achieved his goal. He led his team in playoff goals, just as he had set out to do, however it was still not enough to slay the dragons for a round 1 win. Oles will get back to the drawing board and ensure come S71 this will not happen again.

Task 4:
Code:
Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

Oles and Sophie Bordeleau had been fierce rivals since they first faced off in the hockey playoffs last season. Both were talented players, known for their speed and skill on the ice. The second time the two have met in the playoffs, first encounter had Oles victorious, but the second attempt Sophie got her revenge. In that first playoff series, Oles and Sophie faced off in a series that Oles and Edmonton upset the dragons in a shocking series . The tension was high, and both players were determined to lead their team to victory. It was during that game that they first clashed, with Oles delivering a crushing hit on Sophie that sent her to the ice. The hit was not necessarily clean as Sophie is a goalie, but it ignited a fire in Sophie that would burn for years to come. She was determined to get revenge on Oles, to prove that she was the better player. From that point on, every time they faced off on the ice, it was like a battle between two titans. Despite their fierce rivalry, there was a mutual respect between Oles and Sophie. They knew that they were both talented players, and they pushed each other to be better. They both knew that without each other, they wouldn't be the players they were today. In their second playoff encounter, Oles and Sophie faced off one last time. It was a hard-fought battle, with both players leaving everything they had on the ice. In the end, it was Sophie who was victorious with her dragons. As they shook hands after the game, Oles and Sophie both knew that their rivalry had come to an end. They had pushed each other to be better, and they had both grown as players because of it. They may have been rivals on the ice, but off the ice, they were two players who shared a deep respect for each other's talents.

Task 5:
Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Blood on the Ice (150 words min)
Continuing with the branding wars: this year's final features the return of the glowing bear god against a fresh opponent - a mighty wolfpack! This one seems slanted in the bear god's favor, but don't count the wolves out so easily! Tell me who wins and why! The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

In the center of a vast, snowy tundra stood a towering mountain, home to the Glowing Bear God. The wolf pack had traveled from the nearby forest, seeking to challenge the bear god in battle. As the wolves approached, the bear god emerged from its lair, its fur glowing with an otherworldly light. The wolves were fierce and mighty, but the bear god was a force to be reckoned with. The two sides circled each other warily, waiting for the other to make the first move. Finally, the wolves charged forward, baring their teeth and snarling. The bear god stood its ground, unleashing a ferocious roar that shook the very earth beneath them. The wolves faltered for a moment, stunned by the power of the bear god's roar, but quickly regained their composure and continued their attack. The bear god moved with surprising speed, dodging the wolves' attacks with ease. Its claws were like razor blades, slicing through the air with deadly precision. The wolves fought hard, using their numbers and agility to their advantage. They darted around the bear god, trying to find an opening in its defenses. But the bear god was too powerful. It swiped at the wolves with its massive paws, sending them flying through the air. Its glowing fur seemed to surround it with an aura of invincibility, making it nearly impossible for the wolves to land a blow.In the end, the bear god emerged victorious. Its glowing fur flickered and pulsed with power, as it let out one final roar of triumph. The wolves retreated back into the forest, nursing their wounds and licking their pride.

The Glowing Bear God had proven itself to be a truly mighty opponent, one that even the mighty wolf pack could not defeat. Its power and ferocity were unmatched, and it remained the undisputed ruler of the snowy tundra.

Task 6:
Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)

Puck drops, ice is set,
Heartbreak as the game ends: lost,
Round one playoff woes.

TRIVIA (3tpe): Yeet

Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3358457

17/16

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2023, 04:23 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

ISFL PT

+3 TPE

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Tshirt Toss
Design a t-shirt that commemorates your team's Season 70! Include some elements that identify how your season went; your fans should be able to tell what season this shirt is about without the number!

[Image: Forge_Shirt_CW.png]

+3 TPE

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, It Was 3-1
Show me your player's reaction to the winningest regular season team of all time choking on thin air and blowing a won series in seven games! Make it fun!

[Image: base_pack_reaction_to_forge_loss.png]

+3 TPE

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Offseason Hobbies
Show me how your player will be entertaining themselves this offseason, or any offseason in general! Get creative!

[Image: BASE_PACK_jetski.png]

+3 TPE

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Late as Usual!
Show me your player being as late for something as I was posting this thread! Did you oversleep a team meeting? Did you forget to show up to your own draft? Get creative!

[Image: base_pack_dan_falshs.png]

+3 TPE

Code:

I would say that Winnipeg is the stronger team this season because they ended up copying the Philadelphia Forge's tactics and were able to shoot towards the top of the league heading into the playoffs. With these newfound strategies for the team I expect them to prevail in this finals matchup against the New England Wolfpack. I guess we will see if I am right when all is said and done.

71 words, +1 TPE

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 11:16 AM by CrazyMojito. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE Affiliate +3 TPE

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Mojito

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)

Win a Challenge Cup
With utter domination
That would be the dream

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S70 Milestones

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! How far do you realistically expect to go this year? What nations do you want to match up against, and which do you dread? What are your expectations for your player?

Another season and another IIHF tournament where you will see Canada dominate once again. They really should just rename the tournament the Canada Cup, because I don't see how Canada is going finish anywhere other than first for the foreseeable future. If you look at our roster there are no other teams that remotely stand a chance and I look forward to us crushing them all. Last seasons tourney saw the debut of the the upcoming phenom that my player is. Jack St. Clair hit the ice as a defenseman paired the the GOAT Ben Jammin and together they helped Canada go nearly undefeated in round robin and then sweep through the playoffs to win Gold. This time I expect St. Clair to play his natural position at centre while hopefully playing alongside longtime friend Edward Elric and this time expect Canada to go undefeated through round robin and repeat that gold medal. I wish everybody else luck though! (159 words)

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE, Home Turf (150 words min.)
Rotating host countries is expensive and politically challenging. Local governments have to maintain sufficient arenas to host an event that comes around once a decade and popular sentiment is changing against olympic-style sports in general. We may have to pick a permanent home for the IIHF! Naturally, this should be your country, so state your case as to why your country is the best candidate to permanently host IIHF!

There really shouldn’t be much debate about which country the IIHF selects as its permanent host. There would be a certain criterion I would look at for the selection process, how big is hockey in this nation, how is the climate for playing, do they have an arena that would work for hosting. A couple countries come to mind when taking the above into consideration but let’s be real. Canada is the only true choice.

Canadians eat and breathe hockey, it’s the first sport that comes to mind when you think about Canadian athletics and their hockey players are the best in the world. You just have to look as far back as the last tournament to see this, they are the gold standard. You also can’t go 100 kilometres without finding a rink and the worst sheet of ice here is better than the best in some of the other participating countries. The fans will come and fill the seats, the atmosphere is always top notch, it just doesn’t get any better than this. (175 words)

Code:
17. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through my most gracious scheduling error, you’ve won a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Who were you hoping would take it - Winnipeg's redemption tour or the fresh-faced Wolfpack? What did you like or not like about this season?

Congrats to New England for their hard fought journey to a Challenge Cup! They were not on my list of teams that I thought could win it all, but I am also not surprised as they did have a pretty good season. Taking a look at the playoff bracket, there wasn't really any huge upsets other than maybe NEW beating the Forge in Round 3. I really was hoping that this would be the season Winnipeg was going to take home the trophy, I felt it was their time after losing it last season despite being the top team in TPE. Most of their team has hit regression now but I think they've got a couple more seasons as the team to beat still. (124 words)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claiming Milestones after I've written all my prompts just in case something doesnt meet the wordcount for some reason.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

GM pass

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 09:00 AM by ZootTX. Edited 5 times in total.)

ISFL Affiliate
3 TPE

1. Trivia word: peggers
3 TPE

6. Hopeful Haiku
Go to the Finals
Hopefully we win (again?)
Let's go Aurora!
2 TPE

7. Milestones - Link
3 TPE

8. T-shirt toss
[Image: 5VmSJrW.png]
3 TPE

11. Offseason hobbies
[Image: AY9Gqk9.png]
3 TPE

TOTAL TPE: 16

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 04:54 PM by boom. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL Affiliate +3 TPE

1. Trivia word: move

7. Milestones +3 TPE

Quote:15. Written, 3 TPE, Teams Can Be Rivers Now? (150 words min.)

Since Team Rhine is now a thing in the Juniors wing of the IIHF, name a geographical feature, such as a river, mountain, plateau, or your mother, that should be the next to have a team! Why does this feature deserve a team, like the Rhine? How good would this team be? Would you transfer to it?

The next team based on a geographic feature should be Team Danube, consisting of Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia and the other countries that the river crosses through. This team would fill a void in southeastern Europe that is currently without representation and has a lot of countries that, while not premier hockey powers, still manage to assemble decent teams. The quality of this team would of course depend on how many users wanted to create as these countries, but I think the amalgam could allow for enough creates to form a pretty decent squad. As for whether I'd transfer to this team, I think it could really have a plucky underdog culture that could draw other active users to create or transfer to it. I personally wouldn't mind creating a player from one of these countries, even though I've never been to them in real life I think it could be a fun way to explore a new country through a player's story.

TPE: 10.5 + trivia/16

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson