Create Account

S70 Championship Week

+3 TPE Milestones
+3 TPE Trivia (Verification: Matsubara)

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 10:20 PM by Fitted2106. Edited 4 times in total.)

3 What's happened good in my career? Is that I actually had to do stuff and people had to look at where I was because I'm f****** like you. You could never. I'm f******? Prime time and if you weren't prime time then you aint a dime? But seriously that's how my career's gone. It's been amazing and trailers always there pop in the cannon but I mean like I'm prime time bro. I hit I score. I score I do it all it never ceases to amaze how great the kid is like. There's never going to be a time in my storage career that you say he wasn't prime time ever like storage or a story career. Neither one makes sense but neither does Michael fitted or his son fitted prime time cuddles who also is a nigma in this time that no 1 can understand I love it though it's the way it has to be because if it wasn't this way it would be another way and no 1 likes the other. Way but it's not my way.

4. My dream series would be me vs myself but that's cuz I'm the goat baby a litteral animal who holds others fears in my palms and manipulates them for his own desires and power. What would happen if fitted played fitted much alot would like since trella became a baby daddy I am became a strong ox man with big dimples so fuck what ya heard fitted be goat baby he'll ya come find me if u want the fair one cuz ya boy is Def put here running shit home. Where would I be if I wasn't about to be come get this brew if u feel like you can come to my house. Also my house doesn't have any power so please bring candles. Also we need food and water so could u please hit my go fund me and handle that boss hogg.  Because pittsburfg don't give a fuck about ur feekings
Where could you go if you took my hand baby doll.

Give me the bear God there's no way a bear God could ever lose anything. It's a f******. It's a f****** God that just couldn't lay it's a teeth clause. It's a g** d*** bear. How does a bear lose to anything and especially when it's a God like? It's literally Odysseus of bears like if a disease was a bear. Whether this year ever lives no neither? Would it kill us like your God plus you're a f****** bear bro like a bear? Can anyone be to bear? I don't think I can and I'm beaten to make a man off. Can't even beat a bear so like what do you really especially a God one saying it's odin plus a bear or you'd be mad I? Don't think anyone is? I think that things going on in the theater for the rest of its career. Also someone please call my dad jes very scared for me

Milestones assists 32
Hits 133
17 powerplay points defenceman

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3359144

Trivia verification fitted

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 05:54 PM by Bruins10. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification Word: Icepack

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines?
b. New England finds themselves in a similar situation to Winnipeg's last year: star winger Petr Svoboda has an absurd 30 points in 23 playoff games at the time this is posted. 18 of those are goals, 12 are assists: how do you shut this guy down?
c. Olof Karsikko has made 823 saves in these playoffs, nearly twice the number of saves made by Winnipeg's Rebecca Montagne. What can New England do to help their tendie out? Or should they settle on a strategy of allowing their goalie to face a high volume of low-danger shots to get in the zone and stay hot? Alternatively, how can they rattle Montagne?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

a. I think it has worked totally fine for them. Even though they lost their best player, they have been able to replace him with 2 guys. Kind of the next man up mentality and have everyone pitch in to accomplish the same goal. Now it is all about doing slightly better than last year and winning the cup.
b. I think with Winnipeg having multiple players able to shut him down, you have to be able to always have fresh legs on him and just tire him out over the course of the game. But at the same time, he has been the reason that New England have been able to shock the whole league and make it to the finals.
c. The reason why he has made soi many more saves has been because Winnipegs team is better on paper compared to the Wolfpack. At the same time, it might not be a good thing. Olof Karsikko has stayed ready throughout these playoffs and is definitely ready to face what is coming, whereas Rebecca Montagne has yet to face a worthy opponent. So if New England can pepper their opponent, they might surprise Winnipeg by being different from their route to the finals.
d. Just based on paper, I would have to go with Winnipeg. They know what it takes to get to the finals, I am also assuming that they learnt from last season on what it takes to win and what was missing. They have that chip on their shoulders to prove to themselves that they are good enough and also to the league that they aren't frauds.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, History Repeating (150 words min.)
Tell me about something good that happened in your SHL career which you hope will happen again! What is it, what will it look like? Did it happen to your current player or one of your former players? What can you do to stack the odds in your favor?
I have definitely had success in the SHL. Not with Bruno Tooyo, but with my previous players. If I look at Kaspars Claude, I was able to win the Challenge Cup with the New Orleans Specters and was able to win multiple Four Star Cup Champions. It is too late now to win the Junior awards that I had won with my previous player but it is not too late to win a championship with Bruno Tooyo. So it would easily have to be that where I would want to win the big trophy sometime in my career. I think that the Barracuda are far away from even smelling the trophy or the playoffs but we are taking the right steps to getting to lift the cup in my opinion. We have a good pick in this draft which can change the way the franchise advances in the future, whether thats with the player we get or a trade that management decides to make. Slowly but surely we will get it done, I truly believe that.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.
This is a really easy answer for me, it would have to be the Los Angeles Panthers. The fact that it also works because one is an east team and one is a west team, it makes it a lot better to even say that. Recently traded Axel Kirby is my brother in real life so it would be awesome to face him in the finals. At the same time, I had won the Challenge cup with Fuzz back with the Specters ever so long ago in the league, so there are some friendly rivals on that squad. I can even mention trella, who was someone that I briefly interacted with in the minors because of the times we both had with the Kraken. It adds a little bit of element to the series if you play against people you have relationships with, and the bragging rights along with the Challenge Cup make it a perfect one-two punch for a series and for headlines.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Blood on the Ice (150 words min)
Continuing with the branding wars: this year's final features the return of the glowing bear god against a fresh opponent - a mighty wolfpack! This one seems slanted in the bear god's favor, but don't count the wolves out so easily! Tell me who wins and why! The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!
I mean, if anyone is able to read my username, you forsure know which way I am going to favor. The mighty bear god would easily win against the sleezy wolfpack. The reason being, that individually, a bear is much stronger than a wolf. Yes, it is a SINGLE GOD bear, but the fact that he is a god, he will be able to recruit multiple bears to fight against the amount of wolves there are in this wolfpack. I would assume that the wolfpack is only numbered to how many people that there are in the New England organization so that makes it super easy for the bear to call for hundreds and hundreds of bears to come to the battle that will happen on an icy surface. And, if it has to be fought on an icy surface in a cold temperature, bears are able to fight the cold or they can also be polar bears, who add in an element of cloaking with the surroundings of being white and all.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

1. trivia +3? tpe

7. Milestones +3 tpe

6. Written, +2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)

for the next season
vancouver will change the tide
wednesday will win the cup 

17. Written, +2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

New England won it all. While the playoffs are usually predictable, I don't think anyone saw the Wolfpack going all the way. Winnipeg built a juggernaut and I thought they were going to be unstoppable. If Winnipeg doesn't win a cup by the time they age out, they will be up there with Baltimore as some of the best teams to never win the cup. I hope they get one before the tide shifts. New England winning the cup really showed an increase in overall parity, and for that reason I enjoyed the season. There were only 3 sweeps which is a big improvement over previous seasons. (107 words)

tpe: 10/16

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora vs. Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum is 16 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 16.
The deadline is FRIDAY MAY 12TH at 11:59pm PST.
Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.
This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only; it is not for SMJHL rookies or SMJHL prospects.
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.
SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Chiefs

Code:
Tell me about something good that happened in your SHL career which you hope will happen again! What is it, what will it look like? Did it happen to your current player or one of your former players? What can you do to stack the odds in your favor?

There was something. Not a singular event, but something more like multiple little things that together make something bigger. It was there when I first came in the SHL but I didn't saw it happen for way too long. That something? I call it  "Minny not sucking". When I first came in the SHL, in the late S30s, Minny was a good team to be in, it was the time where we won the cup and a couple seasons later, we had the best first line with each players scoring 70+ points in only 50 games but since the mid 40s, nothing. But, with the team we have now, with so many great players comming out of the junior and more to come, I trully believe that Minny is finally going back to where it's supposed to be, playoffs and cup contender. It took way too long but the wait is nearly done!

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)
Write a haiku telling me what you hope to accomplish in Season 71! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again. None of your lines may rhyme with each other.

This time I won't slack
Minnesota here I come
Brendan need more goals

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

MILESTONES LINK +3 TPE

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, Teams Can Be Rivers Now? (150 words min.)
Since Team Rhine is now a thing in the Juniors wing of the IIHF, name a geographical feature, such as a river, mountain, plateau, or your mother, that should be the next to have a team! Why does this feature deserve a team, like the Rhine? How good would this team be? Would you transfer to it?

If there is a geographical feature that should have a team in the SHL, I would put my vote for the Rockies to get that team. This mountain chain is the biggest in North America, where the SHL is playing, and there is curently no teams that have their hometown in them. Yes, there's some teams like Seattle or one of the californian team that could be considered close enough but I put them more on the west coast that in the Rockies. Since there is already a junior team in Denver, Either we would need to upgrade it to the SHL and add a new team down there, or we could have the Rockies play in Santa Fe, New Mexico. This team would have the advantage at home of being the highest place to play in the league, and being used to play with a bit less oxygen could help them in the season. All we would need to do is the hardest part,finding a name and logo for them. I don't think I would transfer for that new team but it would be fun to play against them.

Code:
17. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through my most gracious scheduling error, you’ve won a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Who were you hoping would take it - Winnipeg's redemption tour or the fresh-faced Wolfpack? What did you like or not like about this season?

The beef between Minny and NEW is way too old for it to matter in this playoffs, so I'm glad they were able to won it all. For a team that didn't went to the finals in a long time, it's fun to see some new faces get the chance to bring back the cup home, and for a young team like Minnesota, I'm glad to see that it's not always the same team that can win it. NEW has oppened the doors of a new era of SHL champions and we won't let them be the only team in that era!

[Image: uktCsuX.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2023, 12:32 AM by mastersheep. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:

sheep

+3 TPE - 3 total

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines?
Winnipeg has done a great job spreading their scoring amongst two terrific lines, but also have had tertiary scoring from their third line as well. Spack Jarrow and Noel Blanchet have been heroes when it mattered and even my player Ethan Duncan sparked a big comeback in the critical conference final game 4 when it looked like Seattle might tie up the series. I feel this has been a better team than the one that went to the finals a season ago so spreading out the firepower truly makes this team great.

Code:
b. New England finds themselves in a similar situation to Winnipeg's last year: star winger Petr Svoboda has an absurd 30 points in 23 playoff games at the time this is posted. 18 of those are goals, 12 are assists: how do you shut this guy down?
I think the best way of shutting down Svoboda is to stick the best pairing of Kinsinger-O’Neil on him and a hard checking line with Kampainen-Peterson-Kristjansson to limit the chances. For the most part, the Aurora did get this done limiting him to just a single goal and assist in the finals, but struggled to keep the rest of the Wolfpack off the scoresheet at other times.

Code:
c. Olof Karsikko has made 823 saves in these playoffs, nearly twice the number of saves made by Winnipeg's Rebecca Montagne. What can New England do to help their tendie out? Or should they settle on a strategy of allowing their goalie to face a high volume of low-danger shots to get in the zone and stay hot? Alternatively, how can they rattle Montagne?
This is something I’ve started to see for multiple seasons now.  The hot goalie heading into the finals seems to get the wins even over very high scoring teams with good defense.  It’s tough to see a strong defense and goaltender get beat again, but New England managed to do it.
Code:
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
I would have absolutely said that Winnipeg had this and after Game 2 would have felt there was no chance the Wolfpack would come back.  The adjustments that the Aurora made to propel the team to its lengthy winning streak that extended into the postseason had worked up to this point on top of the large TPE difference between the teams should have been a significant factor, but once again they weren’t.

+4 TPE - 7 total

Code:
Write a haiku telling me what you hope to accomplish in Season 71! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again. None of your lines may rhyme with each other.

Aurora cup win
In the cold winterpeg town
Duncan beats them all

+2 TPE - 9 total

Code:

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S70 Milestones

+2 TPE - 11 total

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! How far do you realistically expect to go this year? What nations do you want to match up against, and which do you dread? What are your expectations for your player?

After the last few IIHF tournaments missing the medal rounds for four straight tournaments and twice in a row of finishing dead last, I am not expecting very much out of the USA team.  No expectations means no stress though and sometimes that works out at least in real life.  With multiple defensemen playing at forward and lineups being the way they’ve been, I suspect we will once again be at the bottom of the standings for the third straight season.  Because of this, I don’t expect much out of my player either as I am a very old defenseman on a mediocre team.  After a few up and down seasons, Canada looks to have reemerged and I think they will win their group and finish just ahead of Finland in Group A.  In Group B, it’s Sweden’s to lose once again after several seasons of domination.  Canada takes the crown for the second tournament in a row.

+3 TPE - 14 total

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through my most gracious scheduling error, you’ve won a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Who were you hoping would take it - Winnipeg's redemption tour or the fresh-faced Wolfpack? What did you like or not like about this season?

Another cup final loss is so disappointing after such an incredible season out of this Aurora squad.  We started off bumpy, but managed to end the season strong with an incredible 30 game winning streak that extended through the playoffs losing only two games until the finals.  It’s really tough being around for as long as I’ve been without a cup win and I can only imagine how it is for other teammates who have never won after many years of being on the site.  After going up 2-0 in the finals, I really hoped this would finally be the year, but unfortunately we couldn’t close the deal.  As they say though, there’s always next year.

+2 TPE - 16 total

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, History Repeating (150 words min.)

Winning the Challenge Cup was the best thing that ever happened with one of my players. Josef Kubinec was on the decline when the Renegades peaked in the late 50s and early 60s but he was still able to hang with the best players. Beating Hamilton and Buffalo, who were world-beaters at the time, to get the Cup was extra satisfying. They had sent us packing in previous seasons and it looked to be heading that way again with Hamilton but we came out the victors finally. It was a fantastic team and they managed to repeat the win after Kubinec's retirement, but he watched on fondly from the stands. It's great to be a part of a group that all buys in and wants to stick around to see the success. We all earned that one and it was great to see Jearim and Dankoa be a part of it before moving on to Montreal.

156 words

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Blood on the Ice (150 words min)
Continuing with the branding wars: this year's final features the return of the glowing bear god against a fresh opponent - a mighty wolfpack! This one seems slanted in the bear god's favor, but don't count the wolves out so easily! Tell me who wins and why! The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

So Bear Gods or Wolfpack. This one seems obvious, the bears would totally destroy the wolves. But if all of the Bear Gods think they are Gods, they are more individualistic where the Wolfpack sticks together. So with the power of teamwork and friendship, the Wolfpack might be able to divide and conquer. If they manage to take out the Bear Gods one at the time they might stand a chance. It's important to be a team and part of a pack and once you are in the pack, you don't ever leave. So they will fight for their place and prove that they are worthy. The Bear Gods might actually fall in this epic battle for the ages but it would go on for quite a while and there would be death and sadness and a bit of animal cruelty. but the juice would probably be worth the squeeze as they say in the Alamo.

156 words

Quote:6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)

Win the Four Star Cup
Unless I Go To Tampa
Do Good Hockey Things

+3 TPE - Milestones

Quote:16. Written, 3 TPE, Home Turf (150 words min.)
Rotating host countries is expensive and politically challenging. Local governments have to maintain sufficient arenas to host an event that comes around once a decade and popular sentiment is changing against olympic-style sports in general. We may have to pick a permanent home for the IIHF! Naturally, this should be your country, so state your case as to why your country is the best candidate to permanently host IIHF!

I'm Australian so it's a neutral state honestly. Sure I play in Ireland but I'd play for Australia if that was a thing. Sadly it's not so here I am. I certainly don't think it should be hosted in the United States or Canada as their announcers are too biased and it makes the presentation a little drab. Japan might be alright, or Finland. But those are not really neutral grounds. I think making the trip to Australia would be a treat for the fans and the players as they would get to experience everything Australia has to offer. There are plenty of restaurants and movie theaters were they could see movies when they're not playing games. They could race go-karts too which is enjoyable. They could also catch up on Home and Away which is one of the best soap operas in history. It's usually got something good going on.

151 words

Quote:17. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

I'm going to be honest, I checked out after Vancouver were eliminated. I didn't even know who was in the finals and I still don't know who even won the thing. But I was happy to see Vancouver do well and I'm excited for their future, hopefully I'm there next season. But for the sake of this prompt I'd say I was happy to see the hockey that was played and the goals that were scored, and whoever won the Cup probably deserved it so that's always good. It was a spirited competition and even if the losing team didn't win, I'm sure they learned lessons along the way.

109 words

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Code: 2.a. Should Winnipeg stack up their first line or spread it out? This is a very important question and many coaches and gms would approach it in different ways. My approach would be to start with the best lines I can create, and make adjustments from there. Throughout the regular season, they used their best players on the frontlines and ended the season with a .818-point percentage, so I’d say that worked fairly well for them. (75 words)

Code: 2.b. How do you shut down Petr Svoboda? There are a lot of ways to approach this situation as well, but I would say that you need to rely on your best defensemen. The Winnipeg Aurora has plenty of guys who can fill this role, Jay O’Neil and Christian Kinsinger are their two best defensemen. O’Neil provides a good physical presence with 19 in Checking, Kinsinger, Marcel Beck, and Lord Farquaads are not far behind with 18. (76 words)

Code: 2.c. Should New England try to ease the load on Olaf Karsikko? Or should they maintain their fast-and-furious game plan? And how do they beat Montagne? I think the biggest factor in this question is high danger chances. If the Wolfpack can keep the high-danger chances to a minimum, then I’d say they have a good chance of winning the cup. When it comes to beating Montagne, the Wolfpack will have to rely on their stars performing. If that doesn’t work the coach will have to try some different line matchups to create some offence. (94 words)

Code: 2.d. It’s really hard to choose a winner out of these teams. Winnipeg has a stacked lineup that has come into the postseason hot and ready to go. New England's fast-paced game and star-powered play style are hard to root against. This is almost a coin flip in my opinion, so I’ll go with the New England Wolfpack. Petr Svoboda has been a gem to watch through each round, nobody has found a way to stop him. I think Jay O’Neil is a good matchup for him but Svoboda is on a tear. (92 words)

Code: 4. What team would I love to play in a playoff series? I am in my first career in this league and haven’t even played a game in the pros yet, so I don’t have a whole lot to influence this decision. I’ll go with a series that I think would be fun and Competitive, and go over some reasons I believe this to be the case. The team I will choose is the Montreal Patriotes, they were the leader in my team's division this season. Sconnie McHits is one of Montreal's best players, I think Vlastislav Malik would match up well with him. Malik’s offensive IQ is competitive with the best of players. Jimmy Larkin-Conway is Toronto's best winger, I think Mads McBride matches up well with him. McBride's puck skills are a joy to watch. Brick Wall is a great goaltender, Toronto has me. I’m getting better every year, I love to stand in front of goalies and ruin their evening. Jeff Larsson has consistently been one of Toronto's best forwards, I think Rock Strongo would be a fun matchup. As his name says, Strongo is a very strong forward who demands attention when you play him. Roderic Banes is the Patriote's best defender, I think Teddy Murphy has a mature game that could match Banes. Murphy's Balance allows him to be very hard to knock off the puck. (230 words)

Code: 6. 
Make bigs hits. 
Score lots of big goals. 
Win big games. 

Code: 7. Milestones

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
Verification word: applepie

Written after the fact, this is such a loaded question, and I'll allude back to this later on in champs week. Winnipeg should have won the championship but fell to the Wolfpack, for a number of reasons that I can't seem to find anywhere. I'll start with the offense I guess; despite their entire first line being in regression, Sulfurgold and Jager bring a nice offensive potency alongside Svoboda, who enters regression this coming season. Goaltending is likely their strongest suit, with the newly-acquired Karsikko between the pipes and maxing out at nearly 1k tpe. The real question here lies with the defense, where outside of Svechnikov and Noodle, there's nothing extremely exciting to write home about. They DO have some depth on the offense and a little bit on the 2nd defensive pairing, but when placed alongside many of the counterparts they had to defeat to make it to the finals, they just don't stand up. I've really got nothing here.

Code:
Words: 150+

6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku (5 words min.)
Scoring all the goals,
Sconnie passing me the puck,
Lighting up the net

Code:
Words: 5+

Milestones

14. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Heading into this season's IIHF is pretty similar to every other year, there seems to be a dark horse that emerges out of the preliminary round. Ireland is slowly but surely growing into a beast, and I think this season we'll really be poised to open some eyes. Our strongest class of players has come out of the Season 68 draft, so there's a lot more earning to be done before fully reaching our potential. As far as other countries, you're really looking at the usual suspect when it comes to podium contenders. Canada has always, and will always ice a strong team. Japan is another one to keep your eyes on, as they always have good depth. An interesting one to watch will be USA, as they have struggled the past few seasons in the Round Robin. They have a strong team but just can't seem to pull it together early in the tournament for good seeding.

Code:
Words: 150+

To be completely honest, I think that New England winning the Challenge Cup is nonsense. If you take a look at the standings and the teams that had to go through to get there, it's a little more than a miracle that they even got that far. They do have a modestly-nice team on the ice, but nothing compared to teams like Montreal, Winnipeg, Philadelphia... those are all teams that have an entire roster fullof 1k tpe players. No disrespect to the Wolfpack, but you cannot convince me that there wasn't some sort of sim magic at play that somehow handed them the championship.

Code:
Words: 100+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Championship Week

Fuzzy +3 TPE

3. Since this is my first player, I have only been in the SMJHL so far, but I am hoping to have history repeat my SMJHL performances for Newfoundland when I go up to the SHL and play for New England. The biggest piece of history that I would like to repeat is being able to break a team's single season goal scoring record which my player did with Newfoundland or just lead the team in goals during the regular season. Matiss scored 45 goals during the regular season, breaking the previous record for Newfoundland of 43 goals. Now down the road I am hoping history will repeat itself for Matiss where he is able to put up another 45+ goal performance, and possibly make it to a 50 to 60 goal score in the SHL. For Matiss at this time, I want him to become one of the greatest goal scorers in league history. +3 TPE

6. Haiku +2 TPE
Rookie of the year
Winning a championship
A celebration

7. Milestones +3 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3358939

14. As far as the IIHF goes, I think the top three teams to take home the gold medal would be Canada, Sweden and Finland. These three teams finished 12 and three in the last season of the IIHF tournament with Canada and Sweden meeting in the gold medal game which had Canada winning. I think I can see a similar format going into this year‘s tournament due to the strengths of these teams. As for my team Latvia, last year we had a very good season and definitely a higher than expected outcome, making it all the way to the quarterfinals where we lost to Sweden. As far as group play goes this year I am hoping that we do well and if we play as good as last year, I think we will be a surprise team again this year, and possibly make it past the quarterfinals and into the semifinals finals where we would get a chance at getting a medal. As for my player, I am just hoping that he is able to make an impact on the team to help produce some wins. +3 TPE

17. For Matiss this was his last year in the SMJHL playing for Newfoundland. In his last season, he was able to capture a Four-star cup and leave the SMJHL as a champion. As far as the playoffs, Newfoundland had a pretty solid chance at being able to make it far however, people outside of Newfoundland didn’t think that they would make it to the championship game, let alone when it all. Newfoundland had a tough playoff run, having to go through both Nevada who had the leading point and goal score and Maine who was number one team in the league during the regular season. So I think that the surprise during the playoffs was us winning the championship but inside the Newfoundland locker room we believe that we could do it the whole time. +2 TPE

Code:

Weenur

Code:

Milestones - 2 TPE

Code:
Nike

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

0. Affiliate - 3 TPE
ISFL Affiliate

1. Trivia - 3 TPE 
Verification

3. History Repeating - 3 TPE
When Jon St. Ark first entered the league, he was the last remaining piece of an already very talented Vancouver Whalers squad. The team was snacked from the very top on down, full of tremendous talent where many would go on to be major stars in the main SHL leagues. But in the Juniors, at that moment, they were clearly the best team on the ice in any given night. And for a young goaltender just getting his career started, there was no better squad to try and backstop. During the course of the season, Jon St. Ark put up some immense stats and won Rookie of the Year. Now that he's much deeper in his career there's no way for him to win Rookie of the Year again, but at the very least he's once again looking forward to playing behind such an immensely talented squad and potentially be part of history.

5. Blood on the Ice - 3 TPE
Listen, for the sake of the discussion we are going to take out the whole 'god' part about the bear situation. There is no real way that you are going to compete with some sort of mythical creature capable of wiping out all sorts of life with their laser eyes. But if we're talking about a bear versus wolves, now that is a more interesting conversation. First of all, to get one thing out of way, one wolf against one bear is not a contest. Bears are huge, tough, and with many pointy teeth and claws. Not saying a wolf doesn't have those things, but a bear is like three or four times bigger than a single wolf. But a wolf pack is another manner entirely. They are capable of taking down moose and other huge creatures through tenacity and teamwork. So, a single bear versus a wolfpack means that the wolves probably win eventually but the bear is going to get some shots in and no one is getting away clean.

6. Haiku - 2 TPE 
Hopeful next season
An old, tough goalie stops
to look like the wall

7. Milestones - 3 TPE 
Milestones Post

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2023, 12:24 AM by damienj10. Edited 2 times in total.)

Something good that happened in Hiranos SHL career is hik getting drafted. I hope it happends again! Just kidding I love being on the Montreal patriots I’m not exactly quite there yet so bear with me here because I gotta make my way through the ranks of the SMJHL first!. Now I gotta say for sure without a doubt the realistic move I have made was with the Maine timber in which I score 90 points. I need to do that again and make the finals again in the SMJHL because this is the last season to do so! I need to come in swinging and full force and full stop because if I don’t I won’t see another SMJHL cup run because after Hirano I am taking a break from the SHL I might come back one day but now that’s it’s been 8 years I think I’ve done almost everything I really wanted to accomplish except maybe some individual awards but that’s just luck and maybe living on the SHL for tpe

3 tpe earned

Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

I would love to beat new Brunswick int he SMJHL. Literally the worst thing is playing them over and over and over and over and over and oooooover again. It’s like my worst nightmare at the end of the day. Like imagine getting there 3 times and losing 3 times it hurts my souls. We had such a good playoff run just to get swept in the last round by them. I’m literally triggered I can’t even begin to describe the amount of salt right now I’m very sad and mislead concurrently which makes me super salt and I don’t know what to say. All I know it’s do or die to win a cup for Hirano in the juniors before he starts his SHL career and im for one super hyped to do so and claim the biggest W of all time and compete the SHL awards checkbook officially!

6 tpe earned

MILE STONE!!!

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3359245

9 tpe earned
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 10:33 PM by 5ympathies. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

clapper

Code:

I got nominated for the Razov trophy in the Simulation Hockey League in an unknown season many many moons ago. I think it was season fifty five, maybe fifty four or fifty six, wish I could remember. Not only did I get nominated once, I got nominated again the season after that, again either season fifty four and fifty five, or season fifty five and fifty six. No clue, can not remember to save my life. That was awesome. It is a real shame I did not win. The first won I did not expect to win, but the second one, had we beaten Chicago in the finals that trophy was mine to take home. I had the most points out of any one in those playoffs and damn do I wish we had won the Challenge Cup so I could have won the Razov. I hope I can win it again but that is straight delusion as my player is so fucking old lol.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)

If I was still a current Buffalo player, Buffalo Stampede if you are unfamiliar with the team, then I would love to beat the Hamilton Steelhawks, sometimes known as the Hamilton Cheathawks, unfortunately the one season I played with Buffalo we lost against Hamilton which sucks, because it would have been so sick to win with Buffalo as a rental. On the other hand, if I was still playing for the Hamilton Steelhawks, I would love to beat Buffalo. Funny how that works. One season Buffalo beat us in the eastern conference finals and ended up winning the cup and I am one thousand percent sure that had we won, we would have won in the finals. Oh well, I consider myself lucky to have made it to so many finals, but extremely unlucky as i have been to the finals on like 3 different teams 5 or 6 times in total and only have one challenge cup to show for it. brutal.

Code:

The pack of wolves clearly win against a bear god. I mean it is so simple, think about it. An unknown quantity of wolves in a pack vs one bear? What if it was like a million or a couple million or an infinite amount of wolves in the pack. Surely an unknown quantity of wolves in this aforementioned pack of wolves ranging from at least 2 maybe even from 1 (unsure if a pack implies multiple wolves rather than just one wolf in a pack) all the way up to a literal infinite number can beat a single bear. An infinite is so high I cannot even imagine how many wolves are in this pack. It is crazy, math is crazy, numbers are crazy. How much even is an infinite. Who knows? Not me. Anyway I am writing this after the wolfpack won so that totally influenced my answer. Love to see it.

Code:

I want to win please
So so badly, I need to
Hall of Fame player

Code:

+2

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]