Create Account

S70 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

With the finals over, we are all now beginning to look towards the SHL Draft. Under the draft spotlight, your careers will soon take the next step and times will only fly by quicker. But right now, let's take a deep breath and step back for one second here.
Task: You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season? Were there any glorious moments that will forever be enshrined in your memory? (150 words min.)
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all the requirements.
Only S70 SMJHL Rookies (S71 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, May 14th @ 11:59PM PST
Finally, as this will be the last SMJHL PT you will do, on behalf of the SMJHL PT Team, I'd like to congratulate you all for completing the first season of hopefully many great ones. We wish you best of luck in your future careers!

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2023, 11:34 PM by echlyrica. Edited 1 time in total.)

The statisticians will say my first season was a failure.

To be fair, I did finish the regular season with a plus/minus of -14. No doubt, that's less than thrilling stat if you're a player trying to market yourself as a goalscorer in this league.

But I'm not a goal scorer. Indeed, my playstyle is much more on the physical side of play than the scoring side. Clearing the path and screening the goalie to allow my more goal-oriented linemates to score. But thats not what I'm talking about here, at least not entirely.

You see, my job on this team is support. Whether that means screening the goalie, fighting the guy who took a dirty hit on Snikt, or hyping my team up in the locker room while we chase our dreams of making the playoffs and bringing the Four Star Cup to Kelowna. Sometimes it's more abstract. Over the season I've collaborated with the Knights PR and Media team to produce content for fans, and even helped the Kelowna Tourism Council record some ads (coming soon, Knights fans!). I believe that the more interest we generate, the more we pack our barn, the more we hear the fans chanting and screaming for us, the better chances we have to succeed in our goals.

So, in my mind, this season has been a smashing success. While we were eliminated in the playoffs in game 7 after scraping in, we can only go up from here. And up we will go. We have the city at our backs, and will continue to grow, even as many of our fan favorites graduate.

But many of us will still be here. I'll be taking a few weeks to see my family in Ohio, but otherwise spending the rest of my off-season right here. If you see me, feel free to say hi.

Kelowna fans, the season was rough, but many of you know that I'm a fan of Folk music, so I'll leave you a refrain from the great Stan Rogers:
Rise again, rise again
Though your heart it be broke and your life about to end
No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend
Like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]

While most people may see my rookie stats and thing "oh what a great season" I was relatively disappointed. I lead the league in shots at one point and lead the team in points. I lost those leads because of a couple cold streaks. While forever still might lead active rookies in goals, and points (if you disconsider the 155 tpe player leading points) I'm still not satisfied with my season. But this is also because of my playoff performance. We didnt live up to par, and that was painful. Forever only scored one goal that really mattered, which was a game winner, but in the end of it all no one will remember that because I didnt do enough to help my team make it past the first round. Hopefully next season well be able to make a big splash. Forever may be in the running for the anrikkanen award but that doesnt matter if we cant win crucial games

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

My first ever season in the junior league started of pretty bad, around halfway into the season I was on a -10 or -12 (I think I hit -12 at some point during week 3) and it was looking like a bit of a failure, but during the last 2 weeks both me and the team as a whole really caught wind and eventually even ended up getting 2nd in our group. Also got my +/- up to -3, and managed to get 12 points while being defensively solid enough to get the milestones.

Then came the play-off and the performances of not only me, but the whole team really shot up. My play-offs +/- was +10, and I got 10 points in less than 1/3rd of the games whitout getting any penalty minutes.

The most memorable game has to be the win over the Colorado Raptors, where my player got 2 assists and 1 goal in a 4-1 play-off win.

As a team, we definitely struggled this year (which was expected), but individually, Dominik had a really strong rookie season that hopefully sets a strong base for him to grow on going forward. I had set a personal goal of 22 points for him as my previous best rookie season in the SMJHL was Alex’s 21 points with Colorado back in S42. For Dominik to get 44 points, this was an outstanding season and by doubling up on my goal, it made me really feel like I could see the potential for Winters to turn into an elite first line player in the SMJHL and hopefully be a strong contributor at the SHL level as well. His successes are fully a credit to the whole team though, as there is no way I would be able to pick up 33 assists without some great linemates and people with me. Hopefully we can continue to grow and have a strong season next year too.

WC: 163

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Shnopple lopple had a wonderful first season. Shnopple lived up to his expectations as a rookie defenseman. Shnopple hit a few milestones that include, 5+ goals, 25+ assists, 30+ points, +22 plus minus, 130+ hits 60+ blocks, and a fight won. That fight that Shnopple won was a big motivation boost for him and his team. It was a miracle that Shnopple even won that fight, since he doesn't really want to get in any.  Shnopple's first goal will forever be in his memory, as it was such a big moment to him. More things that will forever be in Shnopple's memory is some of the interactions he has had with fellow teammates. Shnopple made some great quality memories with his team through ought the season and made amazing bonds with teammates. Shnopple has met all expectations of himself for his rookie season. Shnopple will have better expectations for this upcoming year.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 06:29 PM by spidey. Edited 1 time in total.)

I feel like this season was solid. I set forth a few goals before the season started that I was hoping to achieve.

1. Score at least 20 goals in my rookie season.
2. Work my way up to power play time no matter what team I was drafted too.
3. Finish in the top 10 for rookie scoring. (Hopefully number 1)
4. Make the playoffs.
5. Get as much TPE/Experience as possible.
6. Get drafted in the first round.

What I was able to accomplish, getting 20 goals, I got 21!
Power Play time, by the 3 quarter mark of the season I was playing power play line 2, Check!
Make the Playoffs, Check, unfortunately knocked out in game 7 of the first round.
Get as much TPE as possible, I think I deserve a double check there, finishing the season as a top 5 earner.

Unfortunately, I did not reach my goal to finish in the in the top 10 for rookie scoring, I think I was in the top 20 honestly could have been further down, but nowhere near the top 10.
And I certainly did not get drafted in the first round at the SMJHL draft (SHL GMs I need your help!)

I feel satisfied with this progress, I know there is a lot of hockey and a big career ahead of Logan Webb, the biggest thing for myself is to grow at this point and do everything I can to help my current and future SHL team become successful.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

My player has performed not as expected but I mean I did play a few games. But I got disappointed in the playoffs which I played all games. I think I got like 1 goal in 7 games and a lot of minuses.

My goals for this season is:
Because of my meh season, I don't think I'm getting more than 20 goals so I'm just going to put it in 15.
Next I want at least 40 points this season
For the 40 point season, I need at least 25 assists
This time not disappear in the playoffs pls.
I don't want to have the privilege to get the game winning goal once in the playoffs somebody else can have that job.
I need to grind more TPE's this season so I can accomplish any of this and a lot of writing.
This is a dream, but I want myself to do something to make our team make it all the way to the playoffs.

Pretty depressing honestly I mean this would be a cure if this happened. So maybe sim gods wink wink make that happen.

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

I was not particularly thrilled with my rookie year stats. Although i was one of the leading rookies in points with 18 goals and 45 assists for 63 points i pride myself on being a defensive forward and my defensive stats were not anything special. aside from being third in the league for hits with 230 i struggled defensively this year. i had a -2 plus minus and only 47 blocked shots. i also ended the season with more giveaways than takeaways which is detrimental for the success of a forward who prides himself in the defensive side of the game Next season i plan on focusing more on causing more takeaways and producing less giveaways, i also hope to improve my plus minus by not only being better defensively but by producing more offense as well with the help of the other very talented rookies on the Vancouver Whalers. Next year we plan on making a deep playoff run and hopefully winning the Four Star Cup.

i would say that there were some highs and lows when it came to my performance this season compared to my expectations. first thing i noticed is that i had more points than i assumed i would. 80% of those points were helpers so i can only imagine that i did what i set out to do, win some puck battles and move the puck to my more skilled teammates. another great thing to see was my PK time and adding 3 shorthanded points gives me some confidence. the 153 Hits i laid out met my expectations as i do want some grit to my game. one thing id like to improve upon would be my Giveaway/Takeaway Ratio, im not upset with my Takeaways by any means but i had too many Giveaways for my liking. looking into it id actually say i had a really solid first regular season given my role… its my performance in the playoffs that sort of puts a damper on things. points wise i was middle of the pack, which is fine… but my +/- was the worst on the team and my advanced stats were absolutely abysmal.

[194 words]

To be honest I really didn't set any high goals. I knew my hits and assist would be fine but I didnt play a full season. nothing against my team, we just had other guys that played my position, so I cant really put myself up against the other rookies numbers wise. I did have a lot of fun with the Timbers and im looking forward to the next three seasons and possibly bringing home the coveted four-star cup. I think I went 28th overall in the rookie draft and if it was a goal for me I wanted to go higher in the SHL draft. I feel like I can do that as being in the top 15 of TPE earned for my class. This season had some highs and lows but the people in the locker room is what made it the most fun... Im happy to be a tree and happy with whoever takes me in the draft this Saturday. 

163 words

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

I finally completed my first year, Its been a ride and i cant wait to see where i can take my player. That being said this year was a slow start and a strong finish and ended the year with 39 points, 14 goals and 25 assists. Not bad to the start of my new career. I am hoping to be one of the best to ever do it, so mainly focusing on development and training will be key for me. Keeping a mind set like this with the draft just around the corner has been very exciting but at the same time stressful because i want to go somewhere my player can impact. My main focus for next year is to double my points and go father then the 2nd round in the playoffs, time will tell if we still have the same strong team we had this year. Im very excited to be a part of this league and look forward to breaking some records one day.

[Image: CL16.gif]
Sigs made by me if you want one, Check out sig shop.

ISFL PT

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

It was certainly an interesting season for Johnny Shuffleboard. Coming into a league towards the end of the season is always going to be an oddity and it is hard to get a good feel just based on his numbers. As an offensive defenseman playing for a very poor team, points were going to be hard to come by despite it being the natural indicator for a player of his position. Shuffleboard still put up 8 points, with 3 of them being goals in just 17 games. Over a full season that would have been fantastic. And in the postseason despite playing a quality opponent, Shuffleboard scored at a similar rate, with a goal and 2 assists in a 6 game series loss. To look at Shuffleboard's numbers and be disappointed would be completely incorrect. While I would have love to score a tad more over the first week of games, the next two did not disappoint. Shuffleboard had a great person first SMJHL season.
---------
165 words

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]