Create Account

S70 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

I think that Johnny FourStar had a fantastic rookie year. After getting drafted by the Whalers in the third round, Johnny FourStar sits 10th in overall TPE. While not topping the team leader boards on a stacked and balanced Vancouver Whalers squad, Johnny FourStar still had a very respectable season in the J, scoring many goals, netting many assists, and having a solid +/- rating. Johnny FourStar will remover his rookie season fondly, despite the lack of postseason success. The youth movement in Vancouver is strong and the team is keeping it's core into the next season. Players like Johnny FourStar are the backbone of a team like the Vancouver Whalers, and he's sure to spark the offense by the time next season rolls around. Johnny FourStar will most remember his teammates, as the fellow Whalers have been amazing teammates and amazing to share the ice with. What a great rookie campaign for JOHNNY FourStar.

[156 Words]

ISFL Affiliate link

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

All things considered it was a good season for Jay Bryzi. While the offensive numbers were nowhere near the levels, I would have liked it to be but defensively I played above expectations. Team wise while our play and record were disappointing, we did vastly improve over last season which is a step in the right direction. There were some really cool moments, scoring my first goal stepping out on the ice in front of our home fans was definitely special, along with getting to play on the top pairing. For next season the area of improvement is pretty clear, offensively I need to be putting up much better numbers which includes scoring more goals along with a lot more assists. Passing wise I need to be better at setting up my teammates and it's something I guarantee I will improve on. This 1st season was kinda grey but the future is very bright.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Ryan Quintana-Green is never satisfied. Always hungry to improve. Overall it was a tough run. I do think I showed some promise and to be honest I didnt play 66 games like everyone else, maybe in those 14 extra games I could've made some more noise but we will never know. One thing I am proud of though is my positive plus/minus. It can be tough when were giving up alot of goals to maintain one but I tried my hardest to make my ice time positive, and to some extent it succeeded. As an offensive defenseman I wish that I had more goals and points, but finding the net was a real challenge at times. Oh well thats what next season is for. Plenty of time to grow and develop into a major contributor at the SMJHL level, and I really think I can do that. Even with the draft coming soon I have found time to reflect on the past as well as look to the future.

[Image: nf6AAw2.png]

Alright first season in the SHL with my new player, might-go IA. And I gotta say I think it was a pretty good success. As the name implies I did not think I was going to stick with this player or at the least I’d fizzle out pretty quickly. But to my surprise I stick with it and I can actually see myself sticking around for a pretty decent career which is super surprising. Our teams finish was great making the playoffs and making a run but it didn’t end how we had hoped. But hey I think are all improving very well and I see a bright future ahead of us. As for my players season specifically I think they started out pretty slowly but really came to form late season and during the playoffs I am really hoping Next season we can make a run and I’ll keep on working on trying to earn money and TPE

Coming off the high of winning a Four-Star Cup as a draftable rookie, Levin's expectations coming into the league full-time was to improve on his scoring rate, while maintaining his defensive metrics to the level they were at in Québec City. However, as a fourth overall pick in the draft, the pressure to perform was at an all-time high for Levin, as his responsibilities would be more important than when he was a Citadelle, since he was asked to be on the second powerplay unit - which meant an heightened offensive production was expected of him. While he showed that he is able to make good zone entries and puck distribution, his finishing still lacked enough polish to be able to beat goalies on a regular basis - which shows in his stat line of 9 goals and 29 assists, while spending most of the season on the 2nd line. However, while he still was able to register a very low GF/60, his Relative Corsi and his high number of giveaways were a sore spot for Levin, and he's looking to rebound in his sophomore season for the Grizzlies. His main objective for next season would be to forge himself a spot on the penalty kill, where he feels he could be a very efficient player.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

First season for Aumy Junior II of Carolina "Kraken" was pretty solid. He is a center forward who spent most of the season in defense, because of how short bench of the team was. 30 points (11+19) in 66 games wasn't that bad in these type of circumstances to be honest. Of course, he hoped for better individual results, but you can't be mad at this outcome. Only 5 assists in 11 games of "play-offs", but team did pretty good there. We were underdogs an entire post-season, but we made it to the second round and fought till the end. Wasn't that far to beat regular season winner Maine "Timber". Now it's off-season, so there's a lot of hard work and WJC ahead. We will see if Aumy Junior II stays with "Kraken" family next season too. Can't forget that there will be SHL draft too for him. Many things are going on at the same time, but I can easily say that the first season was decent. If I would have to rate it in a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a strong 7. However, that's because you can always do better. Next seasons will be even better and that's a fact.

207 words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

My first season in the league, at the end my plus/minus was -26, at the start it was +2 because I had 5 goals in 7 games but at the end of the season I ended up with 15 goals in 66 games with 20 assists and 30 points, at some point i didnt get any points for a couple games straight

I'm really disappointed in my player because I feel like just because of my bad season my team didn't make it fair so I'm sorry to my team because of my players actions in the regular season.

With my new team Calgary Dragons I feel like this season will be a new me and I will start off strong and not on the wrong foot like my first season.
Hopefully my new teammates like me and will be my friend has we go through a wonderful season.

153 Words:

When it comes to my rookie season, I think I did alright. I thin there were definitely some highs and lows as a team and then in general when you think about what it takes to be a rebuilding team..I think those ebs and flows happen a lot when you're in a team that is not quite there yet.

Now, for me, it's just building on what I learned and the skills I have now to be better next season than I was this seaosn. I scored a lot of goals, but I wasn't the leading Scorer on the team. That's my goal. That's my bar. That's where I want to be. I want to be the leading Scorer next season, no stopping. I won't stop until I get there. Soon enough, I will be a Toronto North Star and doing the same for what I am doing on Regina. One step at a time, but goals, they will be coming.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Thomas would define his first season in the Juniors as meeting expectations. He played well and did the best he could with the opportunity afforded to him. He would like to have put up some Bender Junior numbers but one can only reach so far with the amount of TPE given. As a user, I don't know what is average for a rookie in FHM 8, so Thomas would feel ok about his personal expectations. He has some stuff to improve on, but most of that comes down to development. His offense is acceptable but not amazing. His defense needs some work, and he needs to do better on the powerplay, or at least show that he can do more to the coaching staff. He lagged behind in development but that comes down to not applying himself like he should, and I would expect a bounce back next year. When Thomas looks back over the season, he doesn't think of any singular moment. He just thinks about how lucky he is to be in Nevada with players like Max Carnage, Bender Junior, and Ace Lightning

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

I'd say that overall, I'm very happy with how my rookie season panned out. I mean, I knew going into it that I'd be a backup goalie for a season or two. I was happier with my performance later in the season than with how it started out.

I started the season 7-4-0, with 3.67 goals against average, one shutout and a .867 save percentage. I was thinking that I was going to be a decent goalie because if I could win in my back up games, I was definitely helping out my team.

I ended off the season with 13 wins, 5 loses, and 2 overtime loses. I didn't add any more shut outs, and ended with a 3.50 goals against average, and a .876 save percentage. I was ecstatic that I only added one more regulation loss and an overtime loss in my 10 games, and added 6 more wins.

I'm sad I didn't see any playoff time, but that comes with the territory. I'm looking forward to my next season, and I know I'll do even better than this one.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

It hasn’t been easy to think about the past when there’s been so much attention to the future. Bellamy Blake woke up a member of the Baltimore Platoon for the first time today, and even though he’s hyped to have a new affiliation, he can’t forget his primary goal. To take the Whalers to new heights. Looking back on his prior season, his rookie campaign in the SMJHL, there were many positives. He put up a great point total, and many of those came from setting up his teammates with tactful passes. Blake has been focusing on his ability to put teammates in positions to succeed. He also scored a handful of goals, really leaning into the role of offensive defenseman. One thing Blake wants to get better at is defense. While he had a clean year it definitely could’ve been better. He also wants to take his offense to new heights with a full off-season under his belt. When all is said and done, Blake’s goal remains team success, individual accolades don’t matter. If the team is better off with Blake on the ice, then he is succeeding in something!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

I am never satisfied with my performance and therefore there's always something I can improve on, though in this case there's a lot of work to be done. First and foremost, I won 0 fights. This statistic is unacceptable, even when you keep in mind I wasn't in any fights at all. This brings us to our first area for improvement: do not let opposing players continue to skate away in fear when I challenge them to a fight. I think the key to this strategy is to try and box them against the boards, ideally in a corner, before throwing down my gloves. They'll be able to try to run, but I'll have the angle to cut them off so they should be smart enough to know they can't avoid the fight and not bother.

The next thing I need to work on for the next season is blah blah blah, let's win some fights!

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

Definitely a fun rookie season for Filip. I'd like to thank my teammates and GM's for being awesome. @Frenchie steamed hot dogs still suck don't @ me. Overall, I think the year went well. Definitely some hiccups along the way. The shooting percentage is something to be desired. For someone who wants to put the puck in the net, they sure seem to have a lot more assists than goals. Yeahso, sometimes you just gotta fill em up and fill em in. Pucks in deep yah know. This season definitely need to work on getting some more big city snipes. I think we play against the Soo 3 times this year, and the Soo are so good. But honestly, that is the one thing I believe needs work this off-season is hitting the back of the net. Also, applying the TPE that I bank up would be useful. Instead of doing one major update, probably should start applying it throughout the season.

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]