Create Account

S70 SMJHL mPT #7 - In-Flight Entertainment

Because of an unexpected change in the playoff schedules and certain prediction PTs, we will be adding a 7th mPT to keep TPE balanced.
Currently sitting on a plane, perhaps headed to your favorite offseason vacation destination, you inevitably become bored. However, there is always something to keep you entertained! 
What is your favorite book/TV show/movie/video game, etc. ? What do you like about it? Anything about it really.
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Only S70 SMJHL Rookies (S71 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, May 14th @ 11:59PM PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Oliver is a connoisseur of cult classic movies. One of his favorites is "Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 5th Dimension" for just how weird it is while featuring fantastic performances by John Lithgow and Christopher Lloyd, and Jeff Goldblum is one of the background characters. If it's a longer flight, he'll follow it with "The Fifth Element".

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2023, 11:54 PM by echlyrica. Edited 2 times in total.)

Crystal has pre-loaded several movies and TV shows for the flight back home to Ohio. Too many, in fact. While the flight from Vancouver to Columbus via MSP is about 10 hours with layover, Crystal has both Goon movies, the entire Mighty Ducks trilogy plus Disney+ series, and a few Queer history documentaries loaded on her laptop. Of these, she will skip to D-2 The Mighty Ducks, and doze off halfway through. She will eat and talk to strangers upon landing at MSP, then mostly finish the movie before once again dozing off on the stint back to Columbus.

Edit to clarify: Crystal plays for Kelowna, but insists on driving to Vancouver for the cheaper flight, even though the team pays for it. Nobody has the heart to tell her this actually makes their jobs more difficult.

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]

Furious Chicken always takes his laptop with him onto the airplane, with these long flights it is something that at least keeps him entertained. Having enough of reading books Chicken decides to start up one of the many strategy games his laptop is loaded up with. This time the decision goes for Stellaris, being in an airplane does bring you closer to space than normal right?

Inactive forever wathes his favorite John Favreau Movie, "elf"/ A great film with many comedic moments, forever enjoys it very much. He even has a buddy the elf onesie

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Favorite all time book is probably Redwall, definitely one I view as a classic of fantasy literature. Recent favorite book is probably Project Hail Mary, I really enjoy the way that Andy Weir writes and his characters are wonderful.

WC: 39

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Shnopple lopple loves his spongebob. He feels like he can relate to the sheer goofy and silliness. Shnopple has seen almost every episode more than once by now.

This is a tough one, it would depend on the flight time. If we are jumping over to Vancouver for a game, that is a 25 minute flight. I might throw on an episode of Demon Slayer or Big Mouth to pass the time. Typically it is chatting up with my linemate Kevin Kim and going over strategy for a short flight.

Longer ones like Maine or Carolina we could spend 5 or so hour in the air, those ones I typically read a book. I have finished a Song of Fire and Ice, unless more finally get made. I am starting another fantasy series The Green Bone Saga, so far it is turning out really good.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Well if it's a long trip and I can see something that has time in that distance. I would see the Mighty ducks series while seeing a ducks game at the same time just to see them lose.

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

theres so many good movies out there but id have to say one of my all-time favorites is From Dusk till Dawn. i especially love watching it with others who havent seen it before, bonus if they know nothing about it… so hopefully some of my teammates want to join in. that twist is friggin great and i’m soo happy i didnt know it was coming the first time i watched it.

My favorite book would be The invention of Hugo Cabret. I do not like to read so this is a great book with mostly pictures. i read it many times to meet school reading requirements or to write book reports on it.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2023, 08:01 PM by KlusteR. Edited 1 time in total.)

Levin discovered this game called Hades when he first moved to North America - a video game in which the man gods are hot, the lady gods are hot, and even the skeletons are hot, for some reason. But much to his dismay, he realized, after a few deaths in the very first room of the game, that it was not a Greek-themed dating simulator, but a rogue-like in which you need to escape from Hell.

...that is to say, Levin has recently conquered a Heat 12 run after 100+ hours playing this game, and has yet to "truly" finish it, as Emergency Measures 4 is right there, taunting him... but that escape attempt is for another flight. After all... There is no escape.

(Edit : I misunderstood the assignment at first - my bad!)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

All I need is a whisky coke and a little bit of family guy on the plane. But if that runs dry I can find a nice movie to watch. Possibly a comedy.

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

My go to while on a plane would have to be music that would calm me or excite me, something that would keep me focused on the music rather then focusing being 30,000 feet in the air, lol that being said some of the music on my playlist would be anything from NF, he tells stories in his music that really get you thinking and understand the endeavors he has faced growing up, while reaching so many people who have all been in his shoes and understand the struggle. Songs like mama, is a go to if you want to reminisce on the past if you ever lost someone, but if you want to just feel good and take your mind off the surroundings I would go with careful, featuring Cordae. such a great track and will get you moving, just feeling the flow of the track and enjoying what you listen to. I would also fall back to my roots and listen to some country music, Stuff from Luke Combs and Morgan Wallen are some of my favs.

[Image: CL16.gif]
Sigs made by me if you want one, Check out sig shop.

This is a fantastic mPT wow.

I absolutely love the Harry Potter series, and from my personal experience I don't think I'm unique in that sense. I've read the books more times then I can count, I know them backwards and forwards. I love to debate plot holes in them, and discuss how to fix them.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]